*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day-thread (SKY SPORTS)***

Scott980612

BigAlim
4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Screenshot_2024-03-02-14-18-41-649_com.android.chrome-edit.thumb.jpg.b4aa5ef43acd061abd165d01b86a3477.jpg

Has to be. 

This works for me, not sure which centre back will play central

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• pettigrewsstylist

• Sooperstar

Jamb04life
2 hours ago, HillmanHearts said:

Clark

Sibbick, Kingsley, Rowles.

Dexter, Cammy, Beni, Cochrane    

Hoff

Shanks, Forrest.

Hopefully this for me. Given lack of a commanding presence at the back, it is to be a 3-5-2. Sibbick and Rowles also better as a 3 

We’re probably not going to have most of the possession so the game will suit Devlin more in middle of the park 

Mikey1874
4 hours ago, NextGenerationJambo said:

Maybe not frequently throughout the season, but they did score about 5 of their 7 against dundee from crosses, so I am bricking it a bit not having Kent in there to clear our lines.

Celtic must have had 20 plus crosses at Celtic Park defended comfortably. 

1 hour ago, BigAlim said:

This works for me, not sure which centre back will play central

Has to be Kingsley as Libero. 

Scott Leitch

Wouldn't be playing Grant or Fraser in these type of games. They bring nothing. 

Gorgi1874

Tim's will come out the traps the morn considering today's result. I really hope we don't become their whipping boys, a massive performance needs to be on the cards!!!!!

GinRummy
2 minutes ago, Gorgi1874 said:

Tim's will come out the traps the morn considering today's result. I really hope we don't become their whipping boys, a massive performance needs to be on the cards!!!!!

It’s hard to see where it’s coming from right now. I’m the first to admit I can be negative at times but we were absolutely piss poor on Wednesday imo. Feels like we need a wee break to get ourselves together. 

Gorgi1874
23 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It’s hard to see where it’s coming from right now. I’m the first to admit I can be negative at times but we were absolutely piss poor on Wednesday imo. Feels like we need a wee break to get ourselves together. 

Aye, I was expecting a statement on Wednesday. Certainly need one Sunday because Celtic won't accept anything less 

VALDOS'

Celtic will be even more desperate to dish out a pounding...but my gut feeling is this will be a draw, despite forced changes.

Boris5115
1 hour ago, Gorgi1874 said:

How they play against us at Tynecastle compared to how they play against their little cousins at Fester Road is like night and day. Having said that we need to get in about them from the off. 

joondalupjambo

We need to be smart early.  Foul them high up the pitch and in midfield, take turns and stop start the game so they get no rhythm. Cute fouls, blocks, wee shirt tugs etc. no lunging. Fergie knew how, we are too nice in these games.  Just disrupt them and then when the game settles play.

Spellczech
8 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

How they play against us at Tynecastle compared to how they play against their little cousins at Fester Road is like night and day. Having said that we need to get in about them from the off. 

Sometimes they play well and sometimes they don't at Tynecastle. It tends to be dependent on how we play....

I've never watched an Boobs v Celtic match but must be a bit weird with 2 sets of SPL fans waving Irish tricolours at each other...

(Loving that autocorrect for "Hibs" - couldn't bring myself to fix it!)

Chillidigits

The Celtic defence is no different from any other one in that they will not like being put under pressure. Hell they are not used to it . They'd rather stroll about and join in with their potent attackers and far too often find it's made relatively easy for them to do just that. Give their defence a fright Hearts. Turn the tables on them.

Watt-Zeefuik
On 01/03/2024 at 13:21, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Gordon or Clark, don't care anymore

Atkinson Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Dex     Hoff       Beni    Cochrane

Shanks   Forrest

With more thought on this, I'm even more set on this doubled fullback 4-2-2. It's the only way I can see we don't leak 3-4 goals.

KyleLafferty
3 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Grant was outstanding at parkhead. Fraser hasn’t really provided much. Reckon the midfield 3 could end up being Beni, Hoff and tait.

Debut 4
57 minutes ago, Chillidigits said:

The Celtic defence is no different from any other one in that they will not like being put under pressure. Hell they are not used to it . They'd rather stroll about and join in with their potent attackers and far too often find it's made relatively easy for them to do just that. Give their defence a fright Hearts. Turn the tables on them.

I’m on board with what you are saying but I fear we aren’t built that like.  

Our characteristics about the team doesn’t say to me we have enough players who chase down the ball, are hardy and prepared to run themselves into the ground.   I don’t think we are generally physical enough from midfield to upfront to properly unsettle Celtic over 90 mins.  We probably were more so under Neilson with Ginnelly, Shanks and Humphries.  

Naismith has made us competent and consistent against the rest, the next step is getting back to having a bit fear factor at Tynecastle when the old firm are due.  I think we don’t have that about us just yet.   (Absolutely 

hope im wrong tomorrow 🙂 🤞)

whodanny

I don't know what to add to this discussion, except, as a Hearts fan I always hope for the best, so we will beat Celtic tomorrow. 

I can't go, my 90 years old Mum has taken ill, I need to be with her. She will be fine. So will Heart Of Midlothian, 'Mon The Hearts !!:sad:

4 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

To be fair, you could post that every week 😂

Hoping the slow and shit Celtic turn up or we could (will) be on the end of a thumping. Tails will be up after the Rangers defeat.

Wa really need a fast start and get in amongst them in midfield , unfortunately that is where we are lacking drive IMO , so let’s all buckle in as it could be a long 90+ mins !

Captain Canada

I'd go for something a bit different tomorrow to stop them getting crosses into the box. 

Gordon 

Dexter Beni Devlin Cochrane

Vargas Shankland

I think having Dexter and Cochrane gives a bit more solidity when we're defending, but the flexibility to still trouble them when we have the ball. 

Gorgi1874
2 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Definitely a Devlin type game for me, need him breaking up play and just doing Devlin things

Fraggle

After today's result we are in for a hiding tomorrow. Really, really hope that's not the case, and we win,but I reckon there will be more than one reason in their heads for them to give us a doing.

Stendelnator

Happy to be proven wrong but I cannot see how it’s anything other than a convincing Celtic win tomorrow. We are just not up for these home games any more 

Scott980612
40 minutes ago, Captain Canada said:

I'd go for something a bit different tomorrow to stop them getting crosses into the box. 

Gordon 

Vargas Shankland

I think having Dexter and Cochrane gives a bit more solidity when we're defending, but the flexibility to still trouble them when we have the ball. 

Not the worst team  

Dexter could have a go at Taylor , prob won’t happen but would be interesting to see this team

One five

Sorry but Atkinson can bolt after Wednesday night performance.

tbh I’ve never really rated 

him as others do in here, has the odd good game but not enough for me only my opinion tho.

Exile fae Main Street
2 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

Gordon 

Vargas Shankland

This for me.....just spent all evening telling my Rangers brother in law that anything we do tomorrow is for us, nothing to do with them. As fat as I'm concerned we have our own personal agenda with these great unwashed Tims.

I think CG needs to come back in; ZC is a competent goalie, no doubt about it, but CG is a step up.

I have also felt the fear knowing that Kent isn't playing...but maybe Superman Sibbick can rise to what's needed?

Do like the idea about the "double fullbacks"....though personally would bin Atkinson as he's dreadful IMHO and has had too many chances.

Vargas up front with Shanks as he is a tad more unpredictable than AF.

Wasn't going to bother going  out to watch this on Sky here in Darkest Essex but starting to have a good feeling about this and don't want to miss it!

Brenda's scared of us I think. Only ever nailed one bird called Brenda back in the day, so let's make it Brenda no.2 for a shafting the morn!

C'mon The Hearts!🤎🤎🤎🤎🤎

Watt-Zeefuik
4 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

Gordon 

Vargas Shankland

That was the lineup I posted above except with Forrest instead of Vargas and Hoff instead of Devlin, and I very much agree with you. Naisy wants the fullbacks inverted on the attack but we saw against Hibs how that can open us up. Having Dex and Cochrane as the wide midfielders should help cover the wings when we do that.

We don't want to sit in a flat back 4 but also Sibbick and Rowles in the middle will need every bit of help they can get. We need to be suffocating crossers on the wing before they ever think about putting a ball in the box, and that means basically two defensively-trained players on each side.

Corstorphine Jambo

Our form player over most of the last few weeks has been Hoff. I can’t think why he wouldn’t be quoted as starting by anyone 

il Duce McTarkin

I ****ing detest Celtic.

Sherbet
48 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I ****ing detest Celtic.

My feelings are stronger than that!!

basscom

Hard to predict how the game will go. 

Not sure what Hearts team will turn up. 

Not sure what Celtic team will turn up. 

PapaShango

Kent being out is a massive blow especially since they have a physical striker in Idah that will likely be dangerous in the air. No halkett or Kent makes us vulnerable to cross balls in the air, Rowles and Sibbick just not good enough to defend them IMO. Need to start well, go a goal down early here and it will be a long afternoon and could get messy.

Would much rather have Forrest in than Vargas with Tait, Devlin and Hoff in the middle of midfield.

Natty should never be playing and I hope Sibbick has a good game.

We’ll see. Hopefully our fans turn up also and get behind the team.

Seymour M Hersh
16 hours ago, Gambo said:

Need midfield to turn up for this one.

We need everyone to turn up, including the fans to make a hostile atmosphere.

PapaShango
13 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

We need everyone to turn up, including the fans to make a hostile atmosphere.

Pretty much have to play well right across the team, any passengers today and we will take a beating. They have their tails up after recent results and know a win puts them back top. 

Fxxx the SPFL
10 hours ago, Fraggle said:

After today's result we are in for a hiding tomorrow. Really, really hope that's not the case, and we win,but I reckon there will be more than one reason in their heads for them to give us a doing.

Aye other reason being Don Robertson feckin hates us total knob end we’ll get feck all off him

Lambo85

What time does the police put the barriers up on McLeod Street? 

132goals1958

Off course Celtic will be up for it today but I would be annoyed if we are not similarly motivated. Three points are equally just as important for us.Their midweek performance against Dundee was obviously impressive but their two previous games against Kilmarnock and Motherwell fairly contested. They may or not be on a resurgence but let’s not talk ourselves down before the game starts 

Des Lynam

If he’s fit to play I hope Naismith plays Tait from the start. Our midfield needs some drive and energy in there. 

PapaShango
10 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Off course Celtic will be up for it today but I would be annoyed if we are not similarly motivated. Three points are equally just as important for us.Their midweek performance against Dundee was obviously impressive but their two previous games against Kilmarnock and Motherwell fairly contested. They may or not be on a resurgence but let’s not talk ourselves down before the game starts 

If we lose so be it but if we lose with a whimper like we did earlier in the season I will be hacked off. Get into them and right in their faces. Rodgers talking about enjoying coming to Tynie, should never be the case this lot should hate coming here. 

132goals1958
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

If we lose so be it but if we lose with a whimper like we did earlier in the season I will be hacked off. Get into them and right in their faces. Rodgers talking about enjoying coming to Tynie, should never be the case this lot should hate coming here. 

Fair comment 

GBJambo

Fans need to get behind the team from the start. Atmosphere on Wednesday was so flat .