*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day-thread (SKY SPORTS)***

Scott980612

6 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

This is the maddest Celtic take of the game, and thats saying something

Was going to post that. Its fecking lovely to see how they are still hurting. Even my celtic supporting mate down here (in Somerset) hasn't spoken to me. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• pettigrewsstylist

• Sooperstar

Jambo in Bathgate
59 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Was going to post that. Its fecking lovely to see how they are still hurting. Even my celtic supporting mate down here (in Somerset) hasn't spoken to me. 

Another Celtic supporter in Somerset! I met one managing a hotel! Pure glory hunter! That was the quietist Celtic support at Tynecastle on Sunday it was joyous how they screamed getting their non penalty which turned to silence when it was saved. When the Celtic players and Brenda went over to their supporters the final whistle the vitriol aimed at them was glorious! 

5 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Another Celtic supporter in Somerset! I met one managing a hotel! Pure glory hunter! That was the quietist Celtic support at Tynecastle on Sunday it was joyous how they screamed getting their non penalty which turned to silence when it was saved. When the Celtic players and Brenda went over to their supporters the final whistle the vitriol aimed at them was glorious! 

I live in Bath, but in Bristol there's loads of celtic supporters. Mind Bristol is just across the water from Ireland. My mate is originally from Dumbarton before he moved down to Wiltshire. So I'm sure that can be forgiven 😂

Jambo in Bathgate
1 minute ago, Marvin said:

I live in Bath, but in Bristol there's loads of celtic supporters. Mind Bristol is just across the water from Ireland. My mate is originally from Dumbarton before he moved down to Wiltshire. So I'm sure that can be forgiven 😂

Lovely city! This one is a Canadian who worked in Glasgow! As a missionary keep spreading the gospel of Heart of Midlothian a club and support with real soul! 😁

3 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Lovely city! This one is a Canadian who worked in Glasgow! As a missionary keep spreading the gospel of Heart of Midlothian a club and support with real soul! 😁

I stay near the hotel where WM saved hibs 🤭

132goals1958
8 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

This is the maddest Celtic take of the game, and thats saying something

Why would anyone want to embarrass themselves like that. He comes over as a spoiled brat who has just been beaten by his little brother at snakes and ladders 

Jambo in Bathgate
2 hours ago, Marvin said:

I stay near the hotel where WM saved hibs 🤭

There is always a downside! He should have ended their existence! 

Pasquale for King

Podcasters eh, ******s every single one of them. 
We really could’ve given them another 4 nil even with lower possession/shots/XGs. 

2 hours ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

There is always a downside! He should have ended their existence! 

Especially after their antics during our administration. Feck them. 

Jambo in Bathgate
23 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Especially after their antics during our administration. Feck them. 

To true! 

leginten

Apologies if this has been asked and answered further up the thread, but when was the last time a Hearts player scored in three consecutive games against Celtic?

(Apart from LS, obviously.)

Luckies1874
31 minutes ago, leginten said:

Apologies if this has been asked and answered further up the thread, but when was the last time a Hearts player scored in three consecutive games against Celtic?

(Apart from LS, obviously.)

Charlie Thomson scored in 6 consecutive games in 1901-02

Kyle Lafferty scored in 4 consecutive games in 2017-18

Danny Paton scored in 4 consecutive games in 1962

John Robertson scored in 3 consecutive in 85-86 

Willie Wallace scored in 3 consecutive games in 1966

Jimmy Wardaugh scored in 3 consecutive games in 1954 

Alex McCrae scored in 3 consecutive games in 1945

George Hamilton scored in 3 consecutive games in 1940

Luckies1874

Top scorers v Celtic. What a list! Underlines, like his derby record, Robbo’s absolute legendary status for some of the younger fans mind you! 

John Robertson 18

Jimmy Wardaugh 12 

Willie Wallace 11

Johnny Hamilton 9

Willie Bauld 9 

Colin Cameron 9 

Donald Ford 8 

Charlie Thomson 8

Bobby Walker 7 

Drew Busby 7 

Ian Crawford 7 

Alfie Conn 6 

Tommy Walker 6 

Lawrence Shankland 6 

leginten
14 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Charlie Thomson scored in 6 consecutive games in 1901-02

Kyle Lafferty scored in 4 consecutive games in 2017-18

Danny Paton scored in 4 consecutive games in 1962

John Robertson scored in 3 consecutive in 85-86 

Willie Wallace scored in 3 consecutive games in 1966

Jimmy Wardaugh scored in 3 consecutive games in 1954 

Alex McCrae scored in 3 consecutive games in 1945

George Hamilton scored in 3 consecutive games in 1940

Thanks for this. Hadn’t realised Robbo and Lafferty had both done it.

25 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Top scorers v Celtic. What a list! Underlines, like his derby record, Robbo’s absolute legendary status for some of the younger fans mind you! 

John Robertson 18

Jimmy Wardaugh 12 

Willie Wallace 11

Johnny Hamilton 9

Willie Bauld 9 

Colin Cameron 9 

Donald Ford 8 

Charlie Thomson 8

Bobby Walker 7 

Drew Busby 7 

Ian Crawford 7 

Alfie Conn 6 

Tommy Walker 6 

Lawrence Shankland 6 

Shanks joining some illustrious company. 

Luckies1874
3 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Shanks joining some illustrious company. 

Big time mate. That list is incredible. 

DesertDawg

"CELTIC winger Yang Hyun-Jun has learned his appeal fate following his red card at Hearts - and it's understood the Hoops have been left ASTONISHED by the outcome.

Referee Don Robertson upgraded his original yellow card to red on the advice of John Beaton on VAR after the South Korean winger caught the Jambos' Alex Cochrane in the face with a high boot during the Hoops' 2-0 defeat at Tynecastle on Sunday."

The only reason for them to be "ASTONISHED" is because, for once, the decision went against them.

ollie2004
38 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

"CELTIC winger Yang Hyun-Jun has learned his appeal fate following his red card at Hearts - and it's understood the Hoops have been left ASTONISHED by the outcome.

Referee Don Robertson upgraded his original yellow card to red on the advice of John Beaton on VAR after the South Korean winger caught the Jambos' Alex Cochrane in the face with a high boot during the Hoops' 2-0 defeat at Tynecastle on Sunday."

The only reason for them to be "ASTONISHED" is because, for once, the decision went against them.

Even Chris Sutton agrees reluctantly with the off field decisions. He also said Hearts were hard done by with their pen as he felt that the Celtic player fouled Cochrane. 

PortyBeach
On 06/03/2024 at 00:30, Watt-Zeefuik said:

WTF, indeed. The red card hinges on whether there was “serious foul play”. This is defined as a challenge that “endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force”.

In my view, it’s debatable whether the raised boot endangered Cochrane who saw it and turned his head away. 
If you look at the incident you clearly see the Celtic player only has eyes for the ball and sees Cochrane late.

That said, he could and should have pulled out when he becomes aware of Cochrane rushing in to challenge.

I think Yang therefore is certainly guilty of reckless play which is certainly a cautionable offence  (which was the decision of the match ref). 
Given Yang was leaning backwards in attempting to control the ball, there is no significant forward momentum from him so any charge of “excessive force” doesn’t stack up. 
So, I’m with the likes of Neil McCann - it’s not a red card offence.

You need to consider the bigger picture here. We saw when Craig Levein’s Dundee United team got stitched-up by McCurry at Ibrox, and how we got stiffed at Tynecastle by Andy Davis, that when Rangers/Sevco need a result, there’s an obliging official willing to lend a hand. 
I’m delighted we beat Celtic, but let’s not blind ourselves to this latest example of a match official attempting to subvert a match result in favour of Rangers/Sevco.

Jim_Duncan
1 minute ago, PortyBeach said:

WTF, indeed. The red card hinges on whether there was “serious foul play”. This is defined as a challenge that “endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force”.

In my view, it’s debatable whether the raised boot endangered Cochrane who saw it and turned his head away. 
If you look at the incident you clearly see the Celtic player only has eyes for the ball and sees Cochrane late.

That said, he could and should have pulled out when he becomes aware of Cochrane rushing in to challenge.

I think Yang therefore is certainly guilty of reckless play which is certainly a cautionable offence  (which was the decision of the match ref). 
Given Yang was leaning backwards in attempting to control the ball, there is no significant forward momentum from him so any charge of “excessive force” doesn’t stack up. 

You need to consider the bigger picture here. We saw when Craig Levein’s Dundee United team got stitched-up by McCurry at Ibrox, and how we got stiffed at Tynecastle by Andy Davis, that when Rangers/Sevco need a result, there’s an obliging official willing to lend a hand. 
I’m delighted we beat Celtic, but let’s not blind ourselves to this latest example of a match official attempting to subvert a match result in favour of Rangers/Sevco.

WTF!?

16 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

😀😀 bloody hell, you should be on kerrydale Street where they welcome paranoia 

John Findlay
25 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

It was a Red card, simple as that.

Hackney Hearts
26 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

:lol:

Studs up at head height with a player running towards you is clearly, unequivocally, endangering an opponent and a straight red card. No need for conspiracies.

And as for Yang seeing Cochrane late! If he didn't know Cochrane was coming, why didn't he just wait for the ball to land? Brenda told us he was trying to flick it over Cochrane's head!

Watt-Zeefuik
58 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Sorry this is all rubbish. It's very straightforward, and as I mentioned above, it's something I was taught back in the early 80s in youth football. A high kick is a dangerous play if you do it near another player. You don't go for a high kick if you're near another player, and if you hit them, it's on you.

Look, here's the text from the IFAB Laws of the Game.

Serious foul play

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Putting your studs near someone else's face endangers the safety of an opponent. It doesn't matter if you actually injure the opponent, what matters is if you make a move that *could* injure them. And a high kick with the studs out is that.

Stop making this complicated.

1971fozzy
3 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Sorry this is all rubbish. It's very straightforward, and as I mentioned above, it's something I was taught back in the early 80s in youth football. A high kick is a dangerous play if you do it near another player. You don't go for a high kick if you're near another player, and if you hit them, it's on you.

Putting your studs near someone else's face endangers the safety of an opponent. It doesn't matter if you actually injure the opponent, what matters is if you make a move that *could* injure them. And a high kick with the studs out is that.

yep. It’s why they admitted they got it wrong when Boyce was kicked high on the chest. 
they got it correct in the Celtic game

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

What a steaming pile of shite.

PortyBeach
3 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

What a steaming pile of shite.

Thanks for your insightful and forensic analysis…🤦‍♂️🤣

PortyBeach
4 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I’m not making it complicated. Yang made a move for the ball before Cochrane appeared on the scene. 

As I’ve said, once he became aware of Cochrane, Yang could - and should - have pulled out.

His failure to do so constituted reckless play in my view - that’s a yellow card offence, and the match ref agreed.

The motives behind the overturning of the match ref’s decision is the real point at issue here. 
But that’s where it becomes “cute” decision-making. Beaton and his ilk will always choose situations where there’s room for interpretation  - and of course ensure their “interpretation” favours the Ibrox franchise.