*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day-thread (SKY SPORTS)***

Scott980612

Scott980612

Hoping Kent is fine , really need him in here.  

On last 2 showing’s it’s hard to keep Atkinson in the team but Dexter’s defending is a worry , Dexter edges it for crossing ability  

Always a really tough  game , they always perform at Tynecastle , coming off the back off scoring 7 aswell and knowing they cannot drop anymore points. 

2 poor performances on the bounce from Hearts , Celtic defensively are suspect so if we can get first goal , gives you something to build on. 

We’ve went a goal down in first 5-10 min far too often vs Old Firm  ( 1st min at ibrox last week) game plan out window. 

Edited by Scott980612

• Scott980612 changed the title to *** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day-thread (SKY SPORTS)***
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• pettigrewsstylist

• Sooperstar

johnking123

Clark

Dexter

Kent

Rowles 

Kingsley 

Hoff

Tait

Beni

Oda

Shankland 

Forrest 

Edited by johnking123

pettigrewsstylist

Dreading it. Can we just give them 0-3 and move on with day of rest and no injuries etc 😄

A Hearts win here would be as unexpected  (and welcome ) as the recent 2-0 at Parkhead. Hearts 1 (Shankland) Celtic 3.

maybolejambo

I am getting flashbacks of the end of last season and hoping it's not the start of another bad run of games.

First half will decide the game. Concede early and it will be the usual hammering. 

Airdrie aside, I genuinely cannot recall a game where we came out the traps first half and put in a good performance. I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever happen at all between now and the end of the season.

Benny Klack
Just now, maybolejambo said:

I am getting flashbacks of the end of last season and hoping it's not the start of another bad run of games.

I don’t think that will happen - although in saying that I don’t hold out any hope at all for Sunday.

If we are to get anything from Celtic on Sunday it as absolutely essential we don’t concede in the opening 15 minutes of the game and give them the momentum. Easier said than done as they will come out the traps flying 

Jim_Duncan
Just now, maybolejambo said:

Three games (OF/derby sandwich) is a tough run for any team. Our GD took a beating last weekend, unfortunately, but its still better than Killie's. Once we have the Celtic game out of the way (and hopefully Naismith continues to show his reasonably quick learning by doing better than last time v them at Tynie and the recent Ibrox trip), we should be able to get things back to normal.

This is why the run we were on was all the more impressive - we beat Hibs away (okay, not exactly rare) and Celtic away (hen's teeth rare). Those two results helped put breathing space between us and the pack, and probably gave the team the belief they took into the come-from-behind games v Dundee and Ross County.

AlphonseCapone

Not confident at all as would be expected. Going out of hope than anything else.

feedthefox
3 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Clark

Dexter

Kent

Rowles 

Kingsley 

Hoff

Tait

Beni

Oda

Shankland 

Forrest 

Yes I’d be happy with this. Atkinson and Cochrane could have no complaints while Kenny needs put in some extra shooting practice at training. 

RustyRightPeg

As long as we don't concede in the first 10-15 minutes like we usually do against them, we've got a chance. Shanks has a knack of nicking a goal against them. Fully expect him to do so again.

pettigrewsstylist

If we go a back 3/5  to shut off channels, out of possesion, then the choice of CBs seems pretty clear cut.

Fozzyonthefence
16 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

If we go a back 3/5  to shut off channels, out of possesion, then the choice of CBs seems pretty clear cut.

What if Kent is injured?

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

What if Kent is injured?

That is exactly what im alluding to. I expect him to be injured. Over the moon if he is available but also amazed. Guessing 

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

KyleLafferty

Clark

Dexter Kingsley Rowles cochrane

Beni Hoff Tait

Forrest                      Tagawa

Shankland

Freshen up the squad, players look dead on their feet last night. Wouldn’t grudge pollock starting ahead of Tagawa, but we may aswell try and use his pace.

Players owe us a performance after not showing up for 2 games 

Edited by GBJambo

Mikey1874

After 2 difficult games, looking for them to get back to a better structure and formation, creating danger in attack.

Celtic have been inconsistent and as long as Alex Cochrane doesn't get sent off again, we have a chance. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

That is exactly what im alluding to. I expect him to be injured. Over the moon if he is available but also amazed. Guessing 

Sibbick Rowles Kingsley

A frightening prospect against Celtic, especially when you throw in Atkinson or Dexter at RB / RWB.  

Better get well lubed up …….

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

gordiegords

1-3/4

On last couple of games showings i cannot see us not giving up chances, especially down the flanks.

pettigrewsstylist
24 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

A frightening prospect against Celtic, especially when you throw in Atkinson or Dexter at RB / RWB.  

Better get well lubed up …….

Aye its gonna sting.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Game I was looking forward to, not so much now, looked much better when Beni and Grant came on, Grant takes a lot of stick but he makes himself available and creates angles for a pass, think we need both of these in Sunday.

Not really willing to write it off, games from 11th March to 13th April though are very important to us, establishing the tone for rest of the season

frankblack

The way we are defending, and Celtic have found form, so a beasting is on the cards.

The side we used last night would ship 5 or 6.

Edited by frankblack

Chuck Berry

I think we're giving Celtic too much credit here. They've been poor by their standards all season, last nights capitulation by Dundee doesn't change that.  Get in about them from the start.

dannymack
6 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Dreading it. Can we just give them 0-3 and move on with day of rest and no injuries etc 😄

Absolutely no way... 

As per, i hope the players have more backbone than the folk on here.

They've been very flaky lately, hopefully we catch them on one of their bad days

feedthefox

The appeal of laying a giant shit on their title chances and then enjoying the inevitable Darkheid fallout is incentive enough to go along on Sunday with a skip in your step.

davemclaren

Going with my youngest daughter to this one. The last timd she went to a Hearts v Celtic match with me we won 4-0. 🤞

Pasquale for King

Gordon 

Nat Toby Kent Kingsley  Kye Alex

Devlin Beni Hoff

Shanks

Should keep the goal difference from taking too much of a hit.

Can’t see it happening based on the last two games but I’d love for us to upset the OldFirm sports love in and beat these utter cretins on Sunday!

Gorgie Rules 🇱🇻

Edited by D4nny_

Bunny Munro

Clark

Sibbick Kingsley Kent Rowles Cochrane

Beni Hoff Devlin

Shankland Forrest 

BangkokHearts

C'mon Hearts, we throw a spanner in the works of their title challenge.

I would love it if it were us that cost them the title.

0-2 at Celtic Park and I am going for 2-1 on Sunday. No fear, we have already beaten them on their own patch.

manaliveits105

The Goon Brigade will be knitting a George Galloway banner overnight 

jambmoz

This game really gives me the fear, 2 poor performances on the bounce and a 3rd will lead to an absolute tanking. I just don’t miss home games but I think this will be a nightmare 0-4 🥲

gregzy2k7

Probably 2 or 3-1 to them.

I hope not,

But what suggests that we are going to turn up here?

Also has it been confirmed that Kent will be out?

🤮

GBJambo
15 hours ago, Negan said:

pumped 4 0. Wheels have fallen off.

Have they aye? 

GinRummy
14 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Probably 2 or 3-1 to them.

I hope not,

But what suggests that we are going to turn up here?

Also has it been confirmed that Kent will be out?

🤮

Might be wrong but was reading all the Hearts news earlier and nothing about Kent being fit or not. 

GBJambo
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Might be wrong but was reading all the Hearts news earlier and nothing about Kent being fit or not. 

Last I heard was that he was getting a scan yesterday or today . 

GinRummy
1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

Last I heard was that he was getting a scan yesterday or today . 

Thanks 🤞