*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day-thread (SKY SPORTS)***

Scott980612

1 hour ago, Dalry said:

Would much rather have Forrest in than Vargas with Tait, Devlin and Hoff in the middle of midfield.

Natty should never be playing and I hope Sibbick has a good game.

We’ll see. Hopefully our fans turn up also and get behind the team.

Totally agree on Atkinson, can be ok in spells going forward but massive liability defensively - Rangers and Hibs targeted him and suspect Celtic will do the same. 

Unfortunately, Sibbick is the same - too soft at the back and continual brain farts (it’s like he plays the game in slow motion) and is at risk of costing us in most games not only against the OF.

Clearly hope I’m wrong but without Kent we could have a torrid time against them today. The midfield will need to step up and give us extra cover as well as looking to create opps which they didn’t do against Hibs.

Edited by Hook

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• pettigrewsstylist

• Sooperstar

GinRummy
Just now, Hook said:

Totally agree on Atkinson, can be ok in spells going forward but massive liability defensively - Rangers and Hibs targeted him and suspect Celtic will do the same. 

Unfortunately, Sibbick is the same - too soft at the back and continual brain farts (it’s like he plays the game in slow motion) and is at risk of costing in most games not only against the OF.

Clearly hope I’m wrong but without Kent we could have a torrid time against them today. The midfield will need to step up and give us extra cover as well as looking to create opps which they didn’t do against Hibs.

Don’t disagree but with Atkinson struggling in the last couple he’d be third choice for me, put him on the bench and ease him back against easier opponents. Sibbick might be a bit better defensively than Lembikisa but one of them should get the start imo. 

RedStarRiot
12 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Got a good feeling about tomorrow. 

I had a good feeling pre Rangers. Most confident is been since 2006 and we were pumped by 5 going on 10. 

Thankfully we are at Tynecastle but Celtic have a great incentive after the rangers result. 

I think Celtic win by 3 or 4 today unfortunately. 

DG_HMFC

We will get our arses felt today. 

Game over before HT.

brawlad74
12 hours ago, whodanny said:

I don't know what to add to this discussion, except, as a Hearts fan I always hope for the best, so we will beat Celtic tomorrow. 

I can't go, my 90 years old Mum has taken ill, I need to be with her. She will be fine. So will Heart Of Midlothian, 'Mon The Hearts !!:sad:

Hope your Mum ok Danny. I can't go as my youngest broke his leg again on Tuesday. Twice in a year. Families eh. As to the game always live in hope v Tics but flooding midfield with 5 inc Hoff, Beni and Cammy and nicking something via Shanks is our best bet. 

Nelly Terraces

Play your best players. So, Atkinson & Devlin dropped & Lembikisa & Tait should start..

Franksluckypants

Toby with a double. One at our end first then redemption in injury time with a last minute winner!!

PapaShango
18 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Vargas struggling 

Tagawa to start if so 

Got to hope he finally steps up to the plate. Not saying score but he needs to show more than he has in any previous appearance. Maybe with Celtic not sitting in it will suit him more. 

pettigrewsstylist

Rumoure sound like it could be a big day for several of the squad to show and get some match minutes.

If the game gets away from us I would be protecting key people needed to secure 3rd and progress at Morton as soon as practicable.

e.g. the difference between 0-3 and 0-5 is irrelevant to me.

john thomas
11 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Play your best players. So, Atkinson & Devlin dropped & Lembikisa & Tait should start..

How many games since Atkinson replaced Lembikisa at HT(?) and helped change game ?

59 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

So so true. You just know that someone’s gonnae come on here and give it the “aye but the fans feed off the team’s performance” line but that’s just not the case. WE have to turn up in the stands. Our noise can inspire our players before a balls even been kicked. You’re right about Wednesday though, it was shite. 

As much as I hope the team turn up, we have to make sure we play our part too 🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

It’s Sunday. It’s 12 noon. Nae pubs. Nobody up for it . Can you get hard one at that time on a Sunday?😊

NaturalOrder74

Batter them like we did last time in glasgow hearts come on 

Fozzyonthefence
46 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Since when was a player that has never started a game been one of our best players?  And since when was Lembikisa one of our best players?  He’s even worse defensively than Atkinson, quite an accolade.  Devlin, if he is fit (he’s not match fit though) is one of our best midfielders (his performance v Rosenberg was best performance by a Hearts player this season).

jambopilms

Defence will be a shambles until Kent is back. Game over after 20 mins.

em. Mhanky bunch of little skanks. 

Do not just roll over to these clowns. 

Pride, passion and effort is all I'm asking for Hearts, let's do this.

Go for it 1308
1 hour ago, GBJambo said:

Fans need to get behind the team from the start. Atmosphere on Wednesday was so flat . 

If the team gives them something to shout about from the start and the full 90 (unlike Wednesday). The atmosphere created by the Hearts fans will be electric 

Boyces beard
2 minutes ago, Go for it 1308 said:

If the team gives them something to shout about from the start and the full 90 (unlike Wednesday). The atmosphere created by the Hearts fans will be electric 

This is correct

GBJambo
1 minute ago, Go for it 1308 said:

I always feel it’s 2 way though. Sometimes the players need a lift from the fans . Rather than getting on their backs and booing them for a misplaced pass . Team should be backed fully. 

As long as we give 100% and not crumble under pressure then I'll be happy. I don't want to see us shit the bed and lose in similar fashion to sevco. Score first and their fans will be on their back. 

neilnunb

Destroy this utter trash!!!

* alternatively, just hope we're not chasing the game after 5mins ffs. 😁😐

Thumperbeni

Fearing we will be on the end of a cricket score, the usual cheap goal conceded within the first 5/10 mins, we will be fully exploited down our right hand side as we are so weak in that position, hope I’m wrong but I fear the worst !

Geoff Kilpatrick

3-5-2 again.

What could possibly go wrong?

LondonJambo1985
Just now, Hansel said:

No Vargas? 

I’m assuming he had a knock?

Just now, wavydavy said:

Injured

Just now, LondonJambo1985 said:

I’m assuming he had a knock?

Damn it

Wonder if Pollock will get on again?

BackOfTheNet

Back 3 like we did against Rangers will just create channels for Kyogo (or whoever) to find space to run in to and lose their man.

Doesn’t bode well either that 2 out of our 3 CB’s have ball watching as a weakness. (I think Sibbick if a good CB, nothing like most make out on here, but to be thrown into a game like this and be expected to keep concentration levels above his normal standard will be asking a lot) Kingsley though is by far the worst ball watching defender at the club, so I’m not looking forward to today at all.

wavydavy
Just now, Hansel said:

Damn it

Wonder if Pollock will get on again?

Good chance he will. Stronger option than Wilson.

BackOfTheNet

Saying that, their defence can and should be got at. I just worry about how many we’ll concede…

gordiegords

Hope it isn’t the usual Maida all the space down the channel, near post cross, goal, 

Madjambo21

Lot of youth players on ghe bench today because injuries are stacking up.

Would rather have Harring (if not injured) than fraser 

pettigrewsstylist
7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

3-5-2 again.

What could possibly go wrong?

4-5-1 with Dexter RM?? 🙃

Im joking..mostly.

wavydavy
Just now, Madjambo21 said:

Lot of youth players on ghe bench today because injuries are stacking up.

Would rather have Harring (if not injured) than fraser 

Haring is injured just like Kent, Boyce, Halkett and Vargas.

wavydavy
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Saying that, their defence can and should be got at. I just worry about how many we’ll concede…

They have Carter Vickers back which is a big boost for them.

50 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Since when was a player that has never started a game been one of our best players?  And since when was Lembikisa one of our best players?  He’s even worse defensively than Atkinson, quite an accolade.  Devlin, if he is fit (he’s not match fit though) is one of our best midfielders (his performance v Rosenberg was best performance by a Hearts player this season).

manager doesn’t seem aligned to your view 

johnking123

Back five worked at Darkhead. Not a lot more we can do with all the injuries

Thomaso
7 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Kent will be a major loss

Huge!

Thomaso
15 minutes ago, Hansel said:

No Vargas to be seen

🤷‍♂️

ShedBoy

Not a lot of pace in that 11, must must must use the ball well when we have it. Getting set for a turgid afternoon down Gorgie. An opportunity for a few lads today. 

Thomaso
20 minutes ago, kila said:

GHvY3QvXsAA-693?format=jpg&name=medium

Poor bench 😕

53 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Apart from enthusiasm Devlin has zero ability to call on - would much prefer Tait ahead of him

ScandinavianJambo

Worried that Sibbick hasn't played for yonks then thrown on at the deep end....Defence looks shaky....

Bazzas right boot

6-3 Hearts.

Would have went for 6-1, but with no Kent they'll sneak another 2.

Shankland to get 4, big Toby to get 1.

Get into these wannabee Irish, political idolising , horrible terrorist, kiddly fiddling so-so's.