*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day-thread (SKY SPORTS)***

Scott980612

hughesie27
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

So Our second definitely wasn't offside?

Anyone. Neuwenhof looked offside as Clark kicked the ball upfield.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• pettigrewsstylist

• Sooperstar

How's my driving

The under 14s girls and under 18s girls have both beaten celtic teams in their respective cup finals

SMJ_1874

Heroic performance from everyone and Clark and Calem were stand outs. Please to see Tagawa get some minutes and I hope he settles here as his pressing was impressive. Dexter should be our RWB until the season ends. Toby battled and played well and he still has a role to play in this squad. We shouldn’t fear anyone in this league or cup as our biggest enemy is our own selves. 

If Naisy can sort our confidence out then our name is on the cup this year. Well played everyone, both  players and coaches today 👏🏻🇱🇻

Deviskan

That pen for Celtic was a disgrace of a decision, the Celtic player barged into Cochrane, then threw himself down.

If anything it should’ve been a foul to us and a booking for diving.

DesertDawg
3 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Anyone else celebrate when Tait halved that horrifically ugly Johnson prick and took the booking? 🤣🤣

Great moment. He was absolutely delighted to kick that rat up in the air.

And the  three smallest guys on the park having a go at Johnson after his appalling tackle on Tait that should have resulted in a second Celtic red card.

Retribution.jpg

The Treasurer

Just seen Brenda's tears and snotters post match interview. 

Any other manager would be hauled up on a disrepute charge. 

I won't hold my breath 

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

That pen for Celtic was a disgrace of a decision, the Celtic player barged into Cochrane, then threw himself down.

If anything it should’ve been a foul to us and a booking for diving.

Spot on.

The Treasurer
2 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

What a legend!

As if we needed any more reason to love Stephane Adam. 

Malinga the Swinga
6 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

We win this by a couple. 

Very well done at 0-0. 

Sooperstar
13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Very well done at 0-0. 

Thank you! 

rmreido

####ing YAS

:wow:

All fellow Jambos, hope your enjoying your day....

absolutely buzzing🍻

Get it right round every single one of those horrible b*stards! Mon the Jambos, this doesn‘t happen often let’s milk it 🙌🏼

Exile fae Main Street
Just now, Chimp said:

Get it right round every single one of those horrible b*stards! Mon the Jambos, this doesn‘t happen often let’s milk it 🙌🏼

This in Spades, Clubs ,Diamonds but most of all HEARTS, simply Glorious Hearts😍

upgotheheads

The best thing about today was our composure. It's not always a given that 11 men will dominate 10, but today we controlled possession for long periods and denied them the chances they needed. When they did manage to build some pressure our defence was on to it to deny them space and shooting opportunities. Well done the Jambos.

Spellczech

MSM is full of Celtic moaning about VAR? Why? 

Celtic penalty: Soft in real time probably not a penalty at all - WRONG DECISION

Celtic Red Card: Without VAR this would be a Yellow for an OF player and a red for anyone else, especially so against the OF. Today VAR applied the rules and it probably was a red card. VAR CORRECT

Celtic offside goal: Was offside - VAR CORRECT

Hearts penalty: Soft in real time. Based on current handball rules is a penalty VAR CORRECT (But rule I would be peeved at it being given against us too...)

Hearts offside goal: Very marginally offsside, impossible to call in real time. However VAR CORRECT

So, in summary the only decision that VAR got wrong, Celtic benefitted from with a penalty (that they missed)

J.T.F.Robertson

Where was this version of our press, midweek?

Wee Mikey
59 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

And the  three smallest guys on the park having a go at Johnson after his appalling tackle on Tait that should have resulted in a second Celtic red card.

Retribution.jpg

Bloody hell! That pair laddies pus.

Screenshot_20240303_184242_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Wee Mikey

Debut 4
8 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Bloody hell! That pair laddies pus.

Screenshot_20240303_184242_Chrome.jpg

Mr Nice but dim’s lovechild from the Harry Enfield Show…

bigcoll
1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Heroic performance from everyone and Clark and Calem were stand outs. Please to see Tagawa get some minutes and I hope he settles here as his pressing was impressive. Dexter should be our RWB until the season ends. Toby battled and played well and he still has a role to play in this squad. We shouldn’t fear anyone in this league or cup as our biggest enemy is our own selves. 

If Naisy can sort our confidence out then our name is on the cup this year. Well played everyone, both  players and coaches today 👏🏻🇱🇻

Brilliant post, get that east coast mentality out our souls

Doc Rob
4 hours ago, whodanny said:

👍

The question here really has to be ‘if a Hearts player did that to a Celtic player, do you think there’s even the tiniest chance they’re staying on the pitch?’

The Celtic player challenged for the ball at head height and struck Cochrane in the face. That’s an automatic red card for anyone except an OF player (hence the original booking). The fact that VAR called it back and the ref actually changed his decision, and sent off a Celtic player, tells you how nailed on a red card it actually was. If there had been any doubt at all he’d have stuck with the booking.

The state of Rogers arguing there’s no ‘force’ there. So what? If you challenge for the ball at head height and catch another player in the face, you’re going off. Whether you intended it or not.

EDIT: clearly something went wrong with the quote. It’s pretty obvious what I was referencing though.

Edited by Doc Rob

Aussie Jambo
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

image.jpeg.1ccc6809d357f27c8185e5e6afbd9567.jpeg

Spot the Celtic fan in the wrong end. 😂😂

Papa John

Celtic making excuses about the sending off.  Seem to recall a few years ago did Jamie Brandon not get a straight red that was questionable?

Watt-Zeefuik

Celtic penalty was a horrible, horrible call.

Red card was 100% merited.

Our penalty shouldn't be a penalty if the rules were better but the way the rules are written it was one. Tough luck, hoopies.

Football, eh?

:yas:

whodanny
18 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

The question here really has to be ‘if a Hearts player did that to a Celtic player, do you think there’s even the tiniest chance they’re staying on the pitch?’

The Celtic player challenged for the ball at head height and struck Cochrane in the face. That’s an automatic red card for anyone except an OF player (hence the original booking). The fact that VAR called it back and the ref actually changed his decision, and sent off a Celtic player, tells you how nailed on a red card it actually was. If there had been any doubt at all he’d have stuck with the booking.

The state of Rogers arguing there’s no ‘force’ there. So what? If you challenge for the ball at head height and catch another player in the face, you’re going off. Whether you intended it or not.

EDIT: clearly something went wrong with the quote. It’s pretty obvious what I was referencing though.

Don't know why you're quoting me, I haven't commented on the game today. I couldn't go as my mother has had to be taken into hospital. No idea what you're on about.

JamboJoker98
12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Aye does look like it. Surprised VAR never took 5 mins to draw the lines though. I reckon  they have actually missed it!

You're right, looks level so surprised they didn't check see if Calems armpit hair was off!

I assume they did a quick check and were happy, lets face it, no Celtic players complain and Moaning Brenda would have been all over it

Madjambo21

Personally I love when we win and its contentious.

Makes their tears taste better 🤣🤣🤣

muldoon74

Their penalty never a penalty in a million years. He falls over after a bump. Our pen against the filth on Wednesday more so than that!! 

just watched sky sports highlights and its ****ing embarrassing that that's a penalty these days.,.. well in Scotland anyway... 

Still... Salty TimTears in beer form taste so sweet tonight.. 

Great to put one over Celtic today, loved it. The quietest Celtic away crowd at Tynecastle I've ever heard, clearly the reduced allocation helps enormously.

Pity so many Hearts fans didn't turn up as they didn't fancy our chances today, they missed a great game, and a rare enjoyable experience against that lot at Tynecastle.

hm123fc

Regarding the red card:

Serious Foul Play: A red card is issued for actions that constitute serious foul play. This includes tackles that are reckless, involve excessive force, or endanger the safety of an opponent.

The first reason is debatable, the second definitely not excessive force but the third reason is 100% endangering the safety of an opponent. Therefore, correct decision is red card.

SectionDJambo

SKY Sports will have Dermot Gallagher  rolled out tomorrow to back up Celtic’s claims of injustice. He always backs up decisions that have been in Celtic’s favour. He’ll back up Rodger’s paranoia 

1 hour ago, Dalry said:

Great to put one over Celtic today, loved it. The quietest Celtic away crowd at Tynecastle I've ever heard, clearly the reduced allocation helps enormously.

Pity so many Hearts fans didn't turn up as they didn't fancy our chances today, they missed a great game, and a rare enjoyable experience against that lot at Tynecastle.

Not turning up is not entirely at their individual choice. Sunday mid-day is a shocking kick-off time and conflicts majorly with family activities. 

I made it along today but can give valid reason for majority of my mates with commitments who couldn’t. 

colinmorewasgash
5 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

SKY Sports will have Dermot Gallagher  rolled out tomorrow to back up Celtic’s claims of injustice. He always backs up decisions that have been in Celtic’s favour. He’ll back up Rodger’s paranoia 

Course he will hes from dublin originally.

colinmorewasgash

Dermot came to engerlund at 16 from dublin. He supports Republic of Ireland and was at world cup in 2002. He always backs sellick.

103876083_1216425522022572_6917196402375995788_n.jpg

hmfcbilly
28 minutes ago, SecN said:

Not turning up is not entirely at their individual choice. Sunday mid-day is a shocking kick-off time and conflicts majorly with family activities. 

I made it along today but can give valid reason for majority of my mates with commitments who couldn’t. 

Well said mate. @Dalry post a bit presumptuous IMO by stating the fans that didnt turn up didnt fancy our chances. If im honest, i never but fully intended to still go. Asked my 8 yr old daughter if she fancied it last night and she said no dad. Saved me nearly 2hrs travel, the hassle of feeding and injecting a type 1 bairn in the shitty bogs and also finding someone to watch her 4yr old brother whilst we were gone most of the day. Many other fans wouldve had genuine reasons (besides no fancying it!) For not being there I'm sure. I'm getting sick of the debates on this tbh every time they mhanks come to town. Facts are, the seats that are empty, are mainly season tickets that have been bought and paid for any way. The middle section of roseburn looked pretty full of hearts fans to me (sold to walk ups) so that's all that matters surely?

8 hours ago, martoon said:

8 hours ago, Cruyff said:

2005/06? 

8 hours ago, Cameronstheman said:

sure they said it was 16yr ago on the radio 

Thanks. 

Wow that takes me back. 

The year I started my get fit plan.   18 years on I'm much fitter and The Hearts are too. 

Tait 18 year old gets a game, Denholm as well,  Pollock and Wilson on the bench. 

Makes feel slightly old but the result got me flying today. 

Superb. 

Just watching the sky recording the now.   

Leith CSC flag in their crowd.    

"Oh the wee Hibs are shite". 

Edited by HMFC01

1 hour ago, SecN said:

Yes - Midday on a Sunday is pretty much the worst kick-off time possible. The number of empty corporate seats in the Gorgie tells its own story, as if it was a Saturday game or a midweek night those seats would all be snapped up. 

Aussie Jambo

Anyone watched the SPL highlights?

Hardly shows any of our many attacks  

Almost like they didn’t want the world to see we bossed them. Still got a massive smile on my face. 

EH11 2NL
9 hours ago, Dalry said:

That's a wild assumption. I'll tell that to my 2 year old next time 👍👍

57 minutes ago, EH11 2NL said:

That's a wild assumption. I'll tell that to my 2 year old next time 👍👍

To be fair, there were plenty of empty seats today. Tell him if you want.

Wee Mikey

Here's one for the statisticians.

I'm still pinching myself having attended both these matches and witnessed back-to-back wins for the first time in 18 years.

But, I'm wondering when the last time, if ever, Celtic played 180 minutes v Hearts without scoring.

Anyone?

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, stirlo said:

Yes - Midday on a Sunday is pretty much the worst kick-off time possible. The number of empty corporate seats in the Gorgie tells its own story, as if it was a Saturday game or a midweek night those seats would all be snapped up. 

It's shite,  I was 50/50 with my hangover, glad I pushed through it!

Selkirkhmfc1874

Still buzzing from Yesterday and still half pished ! Got the kids off to school so back to bed for me for few hours

upgotheheads

If a fortune teller had told me an hour before the Rangers game last week that we were going to get four points from the next three games, I would have put the mortgage on a win against H1b5 and a draw against Celtic. It didn't quite work out like that but I'll take it.