*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day-thread (SKY SPORTS)***

Scott980612

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Anyone else celebrate when Tait halved that horrifically ugly Johnson prick and took the booking? 🤣🤣

Great moment. He was absolutely delighted to kick that rat up in the air.

Everyone i think 😆

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• pettigrewsstylist

• Sooperstar

brawlad74
1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Thanks mate. She's away into hospital, my sister went in with her as I'd sat with her much of the night.  I'm just so happy that the Jambos won to give me something to lighten the day. My old ma said she was happy for me when I told her the score. :lol:

I hope your lad recovers from his leg break quickly.

👍Good news re your Mum and good on her for still looking out for our scores. Great result today got the breaks but still big win. Thanks for kind message re son hopefully get him back kicking a ball over summer. Cheers mate. 

50 minutes ago, superjack said:

FB_IMG_1709476118643.jpg

Brilliant  Jam Tarts 🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

Mister T

So good to beat those *****. The tears and snotters of pat Bonner made the float home even better.

:scenes:Great performance. 

GBJambo

No red card? Nonsense 

You can’t just karate kick a player in the face . 🤣

whodanny
5 minutes ago, brawlad74 said:

👍Good news re your Mum and good on her for still looking out for our scores. Great result today got the breaks but still big win. Thanks for kind message re son hopefully get him back kicking a ball over summer. Cheers mate. 

👍

Turkishcap

Remind me, how far behind vermin are we now? 😆

heartsfc_fan

Thoroughly enjoyable day.

VAR doing its job. Clean sheet.

Another goal for Shankland 🎉

Nessjambo67
28 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Maybe already been said but When's the last time we beat Celtic two games in a row?

Sure I heard it was back in 2006 under valdas not sure if it was in a row or that season 

jamboozy
5 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

:lol: The nick ‘o’ that. Wit a fud!:rofl:

Gorgierools
26 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

He will no doubt get an apology

Or an sfa champagne hamper. I know what one money is on.

Nessjambo67
29 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

The belly aching from Brendan Rodgers and Neil Lennon about the officiating was something else. The red card was a red card. A Hearts player does that to a Celtic player and they would be saying the red card was justified. So they can ram that. Was our penalty soft? Absolutely. I don't think it's a penalty at all and I would be extremely upset if that was given against us. So they have a legitimate axe to grind with that decision. But what they very selectively chose not to go on about was the penalty Celtic were awarded. That wasn't a penalty either. But it doesn't suit their agenda to mention that one or make a big deal about it.

Honestly, the number of times we have been on the receiving end of bad decisions against that lot over the years. It's happened more times than any of us can remember. So I have absolutely zero sympathy for them when they start bumping their gums about how they have been hard done to by refereeing decisions. 

The better team won today. The Celtic sympathisers and apologists can try and deflect away from that fact but that is the bottom line. 

Well said can’t disagree with you 

AndrewB
33 minutes ago, bigdav said:

Maybe already been said but When's the last time we beat Celtic two games in a row?

3 minutes ago, Nessjambo67 said:

Sure I heard it was back in 2006 under valdas not sure if it was in a row or that season 

The real point is: when did we last do them 3 times in a row? No reason why we can’t get another 2-0 after the split.:HeartsMandance:

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Why can’t we pay like that every week.Great pressing,full of energy and playing on the front foot.

Maybe they have actually listened to the manager for twice

Ex member of the SaS

Get in! Said last week we could take something from this game but to be honest never really believed it. Not seen the game or highlights yet and can't wait! Brenda moaning about VaR decisions simply forgetting they get them every week. Asked about their penalty , knowing it was very soft and refused to comment instead went on about missing the kick! Moaning about hand ball and as said it was only VaR that saw it, completely ignoring the number of dodgy calls they get makes it even more enjoyable. Dry your eyes Brenda you and your team blew it big time and your job is now on the line.

Wee shout out to two players I criticise and don’t rate at all. Clark and Sibbick both had a great game today. Well done gents. Credit where credit is due

Edited by Chimp

Bunny Munro
21 minutes ago, AndrewB said:

The real point is: when did we last do them 3 times in a row? No reason why we can’t get another 2-0 after the split.:HeartsMandance:

And a fourth in the cup final. 

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

taste the salty tears

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers tells BBC Scotland: "Firstly, credit to my players because they kept going and fighting until the very end. We had a good start, get the penalty, don't take the opportunity.

"However, the overall game is influenced by the officials. I never come and speak about officials because I understand we all make mistakes, we're all human, but it felt like really poor officiating today.

"The first incident with the sending off - there's no force in that. If you make a still, of course it gives you a different opinion but the reality was not that. The referee made a right decision of a yellow card.

"That's a clear example of what people say VAR isn't. The game was refereed outside the field today. That means we get a sending off.

"The second one [Hearts penalty] is even worse. Tomoki gets a nudge, I don't know where his arm is supposed to go. The ball drops onto his arm. If that's the case, we should have had a penalty at Motherwell last week.

"For [VAR] John Beaton to say that is a penalty... Wow. Really poor officiating in a big game for us."

gotta love the way GBC sanitise his comments - he directly questioned the competence of the officials for which he ought to get a wee dressing down. Sweep sweep.

john thomas
52 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Naisy is exactly right. The handball rule is wrong at the moment but it’s not the ref’s job to fix the rule. He called it to the rule correctly.

Totally agree . But , as the rules are applied at the moment , it was a penalty . The ball actually struck two Celtic players arms .

1874robbo

Loved every second of that today 

boys to a man were immense 

but sorry to end on a dull note!!

cochrane needs to start switching on 

that’s another stupid pen he’s given away.

Ex member of the SaS

I would love to see some reporter show Brenda all the dodgy decisions they get compared to the rest, then ask him it things even themselves out over a season ( in which case we should get 5 penalties against them next game ) 

Ex member of the SaS
Just now, 1874robbo said:

Not seen it yet myself, but going by comments on radio and on here it was never a penalty so your comment is a bit off.

1 hour ago, McCrae said:

The team was much more balanced today without Fraser and Natty. Having technically good players at the back made a huge difference, the Celtic press wasn’t a big issue for any of them. 

Huge difference not having Atkinson playing. He’s simply not good enough defensively and been caught out far too often.

Will reserve judgement on Fraser. I’m hoping in time he can show his ability like we have seen with Hoff, having had time to settle, and who was outstanding today.

Edited by Hook

Class of 75
1 hour ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Man's a slaver. Bemoaning a weak Celtic bench when we've got three teenagers and a 20-year-old sitting on ours.

Yep 100%

bn jambo
3 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Never a pen in a million years , the Celtic boy dive across him miles away from thee ball. FFS if you think that's a pen you watch the wrong sport, to a man today we were brilliant,...!!!!!!

Class of 75
1 hour ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Thought Sutton on SKY was the worst i've heard for a long time.

He even said Carter-Vickers foul was a good one???

He chokes every time he has to say something positive about Hearts?

Yep he doesn't like us very much. Hope he is hurting 😂

Edited by Class of 75

ToadKiller Dog

Have celtic relased the statement yet saying that they will be writing to the sfa for an explanation?

It's the usual distraction tactic when they get beat .

Maple Leaf
1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Takis Fyssas ya 🛎end. Nae VAR that day mutant.

They have selective memories.

Fozzyonthefence
18 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

To be fair to Cochrane it was never a penalty.

chubby1973
3 hours ago, Australis said:

Something about big Jock

🤦🏼

Nelly Terraces
2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

Anyone else celebrate when Tait halved that horrifically ugly Johnson prick and took the booking? 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Go for it 1308 said:

To Mr Tait...

If your reading this....well done son

leonardo-dicaprio-clapping.gif

It was fantastic. Well played young man.:D

jambmoz
4 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

stupid KO time tbf

Exactly, but they did come to life once we got going. I was overly  defeatist beforehand I think. Fantastic result🇱🇻

Harry Potter
Just now, jambmoz said:

Exactly, but they did come to life once we got going. I was overly  defeatist beforehand I think. Fantastic result🇱🇻

👍

jambmoz
4 hours ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Hard to get any enthusiasm for a game that kicks off at midday on a Sunday, tbf, esp one where we're likely to get our arses handed to us

Terrible kick off time, they did turn it on later tho😂😂

Philfigo

Brilliant performance 👏  fully deserved even with 11 men we were the better team.

chubby1973
2 hours ago, cosanostra said:

I said to my old man when johnson done him. If hes anything like his old man, then trust me, he will respond in kind.

Justice was sweetly served by him, along with the knowing smile.

The Goalscoring Knee
3 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Terrible kick off time, they did turn it on later tho😂😂

👍 Have to confess I wasn't overly optimistic beforehand (bit too easy to be negative when you're so far from the action) so they deserve to enjoy the rest of their Sunday - as do we all 😀

1874robbo
32 minutes ago, bn jambo said:

Never a pen in a million years , the Celtic boy dive across him miles away from thee ball. FFS if you think that's a pen you watch the wrong sport, to a man today we were brilliant,...!!!!!!

I’ve not seen it back but from my view in section A it looked a pen 

1874robbo
37 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Not seen it yet myself, but going by comments on radio and on here it was never a penalty so your comment is a bit off.

Like I said on other posts 

not the first time cochrane has made challenges like that and if he missed this time fair enough but he’ll get caught out soon enough 

south morocco
33 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Must be some decent tweets from raging Celtic fans? 

True, they are  always on that site 

Wee Mikey
42 minutes ago, MattyK82 said:

glorious 🇱🇻😭🤣

That's worth watching to see Hart in the moments leading up to Grant taking the pen. Multiple 'shytebag's & pointing.

Grants pen was sublime, and for Shankland to bag the 2nd thus rubbing Harts' comments right in his face?

could put it into words, but it's way better simply watching it.

Edited by Wee Mikey