*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Celtic Match day-thread (SKY SPORTS)***

Scott980612

McNelly15
3 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Anyone else celebrate when Tait halved that horrifically ugly Johnson prick and took the booking? 🤣🤣

Great moment. He was absolutely delighted to kick that rat up in the air.

It was brilliant, the kind of bookings the uglies get away with all the time though

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Cruyff

• pettigrewsstylist

• Sooperstar

ScandinavianJambo

The most pleasing is that we dealt with their attacks and (with Zander's excellent help) kept a clean sheet. Bloody brilliant!

...andFulton'sBaggio
24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Some great performances but Lembikisa deserves a mention. Didn't put a foot wrong and always looked calm and in control.

This. Composed and always looks to go forward 

Chuck Berry
5 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Anyone else celebrate when Tait halved that horrifically ugly Johnson prick and took the booking? 🤣🤣

It was rather delightful.

milky_26
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Shanks again today that finish just pure quality.

he is the first person since the top flight changed to being the premiership who has scored 20 goals in two consecutive seasons

avhudtheteeshirt

Brenda's comment on the penalty for Hearts is priceless, never a penalty but we got one last week at Motherwell????

boag1874
6 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Yup :lol: and oh my word he’s a strange looking character 

5 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

The Celtic mutant looks like an alien. He was happy to stick one on Tait and catch him with his trailing leg yet he didn't like it when Tait done him. A horrible individual.

Tait didn't miss the opportunity to give him some, which was nice to see.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

Notice he doesn't mention the Celtic pen is a really bad decision.

These ****s are so far gone that they can’t ever be objective 

vegas-voss
Just now, milky_26 said:

he is the first person since the top flight changed to being the premiership who has scored 20 goals in two consecutive seasons

Will be an absolute catastrophe and a complete bias if they find a way of not naming him player of the season.Scottish player going to hit over 30 goals when no other player has been a real standout.

vegas-voss
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

These ****s are so far gone that they can’t ever be objective 

Totally

Class of 75

Great result Hearts. I heard Bonner trying to offer excuses saying Celtic were tired and had put alot into the game. Couldn't hide it. Absolute clown. Away and dry your tears. Brilliant Hearts. 

milky_26
4 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Brenda's comment on the penalty for Hearts is priceless, never a penalty but we got one last week at Motherwell????

you've misheard he was bleating on that if ours is a penalty then they should have had one last week v the steelmen

10 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

You know, a real hard man would take their medicine. Dish it out, and accept it back. This prick went mental at Tait, Johnson is just a weird looking cry-baby bully. 

Had to miss this one as my son had his first game of the season. 

What a result. Great to get one over them.

36 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Who said that? It reeks of OF arrogance. They were 2-0 down and playing with 10

men, but there’s still an expectation that normal service will be resumed by FT.

36 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Who said that? It reeks of OF arrogance. They were 2-0 down and playing with 10

men, but there’s still an expectation that normal service will be resumed by FT.

English commentator on sky sports. 

milky_26

just an aside on SSN when shanks goal was scored and they went to the clip the presenter had actually done some research and said something like "as the song goes heart hearts glorious hearts and it is as lawrence shankland has made it two"

Francis Albert
12 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

taste the salty tears

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers tells BBC Scotland: "Firstly, credit to my players because they kept going and fighting until the very end. We had a good start, get the penalty, don't take the opportunity.

"However, the overall game is influenced by the officials. I never come and speak about officials because I understand we all make mistakes, we're all human, but it felt like really poor officiating today.

"The first incident with the sending off - there's no force in that. If you make a still, of course it gives you a different opinion but the reality was not that. The referee made a right decision of a yellow card.

"That's a clear example of what people say VAR isn't. The game was refereed outside the field today. That means we get a sending off.

"The second one [Hearts penalty] is even worse. Tomoki gets a nudge, I don't know where his arm is supposed to go. The ball drops onto his arm. If that's the case, we should have had a penalty at Motherwell last week.

"For [VAR] John Beaton to say that is a penalty... Wow. Really poor officiating in a big game for us."

Wow

Takeshi kovac

I won't be slagging Tagawa off but obviously he should score, not that long ago Hoff was getting abuse and now he is the second name on the teamsheet he was fantastic today. Hopefully Tagawa can get a bit of confidence soon

avhudtheteeshirt
1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Great result Hearts. I heard Bonner trying to offer excuses saying Celtic were tired and had put alot into the game. Couldn't hide it. Absolute clown. Away and dry your tears. Brilliant Hearts. 

Thought Sutton on SKY was the worst i've heard for a long time.

He even said Carter-Vickers foul was a good one???

He chokes every time he has to say something positive about Hearts?

milky_26
Just now, Takeshi kovac said:

I won't be slagging Tagawa off but obviously he should score, not that long ago Hoff was getting abuse and now he is the second name on the teamsheet he was fantastic today. Hopefully Tagawa can get a bit of confidence soon

being in no mans land in third, hopefully tagawa can get a run of games probably after the split. it hopefully will help his confidence and let him show what he can really do

Bazzas right boot

Played well without ever really dominating the game.

Played effect football. 

Well done Toby on his first game in a while.

I thought Hoff and Beni were very good and the whole team never stopped. 

Big Zander mom tho, made a couple of really good saves and if that PK goes in we were in a bit of trouble after a positive start.

Great win!

pettigrewsstylist
12 minutes ago, avhudtheteeshirt said:

Takis Fyssas ya 🛎end. Nae VAR that day mutant.

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

taste the salty tears

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers tells BBC Scotland: "Firstly, credit to my players because they kept going and fighting until the very end. We had a good start, get the penalty, don't take the opportunity.

"However, the overall game is influenced by the officials. I never come and speak about officials because I understand we all make mistakes, we're all human, but it felt like really poor officiating today.

"The first incident with the sending off - there's no force in that. If you make a still, of course it gives you a different opinion but the reality was not that. The referee made a right decision of a yellow card.

"That's a clear example of what people say VAR isn't. The game was refereed outside the field today. That means we get a sending off.

"The second one [Hearts penalty] is even worse. Tomoki gets a nudge, I don't know where his arm is supposed to go. The ball drops onto his arm. If that's the case, we should have had a penalty at Motherwell last week.

"For [VAR] John Beaton to say that is a penalty... Wow. Really poor officiating in a big game for us."

in the famous phrase of Mandy Rice Davies.... " he would say that wouldnt he ? 

18 minutes ago, Don Dan said:

I didn’t think it was Off myself but the rules now adays confuse me no end. Like the Hand Ball decisions 🤷

Neither did I , but as Celtic have said many a time when that have benefitted for wrong decisions…never mind these these even themselves out over a season. 😀

hearts00
21 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

Loved that from Tait, just getting Johnson back for earlier. 
Tait has definitely got something about him.  

22 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

taste the salty tears

First time I have seen a Celtic team give up. Heads went down 10 mins to go.

hearts00

Of course Celtic moan about refs but have they mentioned one of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen at Tynie to award Celtic a pen. When the Celtic player barges into Cochrane’s back and then falls over and that’s a pen!?!  Abysmal. 

Hand ball rule is a mess though. 

The Goalscoring Knee
13 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

I heard Bonner trying to offer excuses saying Celtic were tired and had put alot into the game. Couldn't hide it. Absolute clown. Away and dry your tears

Man's a slaver. Bemoaning a weak Celtic bench when we've got three teenagers and a 20-year-old sitting on ours.

Ginger God
40 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Lembisika played very well. Id sign him 

Lol....he is a Wolves player..we won't get home for less than 7 figures. Look what Simms went for. 

Fraggle

Disrepute charge coming Brenda's way for his comments on the officiating of today's game?

Aye right!!!

Fxxx the SPFL
58 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Looks like we were both well and truly wrong, and I couldn't be happier about it!! 

Yep that’s the best he’s been for us probably a bluenose

GinRummy
Just now, Fraggle said:

Disrepute charge coming Brenda's way for his comments on the officiating of today's game?

Aye right!!!

It’s because celtics season is his fault. The main difference from last season to this is him or Postecoglu. Brendan can say what he likes but their entitled fans will demand change 

Maybe already been said but When's the last time we beat Celtic two games in a row?

Go for it 1308
52 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Some great performances but Lembikisa deserves a mention. Didn't put a foot wrong and always looked calm and in control.

He was absolutely brilliant...should have started against Hibs

Boyces beard
10 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Played well without ever really dominating the game.

Played effect football. 

Well done Toby on his first game in a while.

I thought Hoff and Beni were very good and the whole team never stopped. 

Big Zander mom tho, made a couple of really good saves and if that PK goes in we were in a bit of trouble after a positive start.

Great win!

I thought we started well even before they had a man sent off, after that i thought we where in control and it was a comfortable victory which could and should have been by more goals. Zander made a couple of good saves but we where never in danger of losing that game after they went down to 10 which was extremely pleasing.

The team was much more balanced today without Fraser and Natty. Having technically good players at the back made a huge difference, the Celtic press wasn’t a big issue for any of them. 

1 minute ago, bigdav said:

Maybe already been said but When's the last time we beat Celtic two games in a row?

They said on BBC Radio. 18 years ago.

No Idle Talk

The belly aching from Brendan Rodgers and Neil Lennon about the officiating was something else. The red card was a red card. A Hearts player does that to a Celtic player and they would be saying the red card was justified. So they can ram that. Was our penalty soft? Absolutely. I don't think it's a penalty at all and I would be extremely upset if that was given against us. So they have a legitimate axe to grind with that decision. But what they very selectively chose not to go on about was the penalty Celtic were awarded. That wasn't a penalty either. But it doesn't suit their agenda to mention that one or make a big deal about it.

Honestly, the number of times we have been on the receiving end of bad decisions against that lot over the years. It's happened more times than any of us can remember. So I have absolutely zero sympathy for them when they start bumping their gums about how they have been hard done to by refereeing decisions. 

The better team won today. The Celtic sympathisers and apologists can try and deflect away from that fact but that is the bottom line. 

Edited by No Idle Talk

Just back, I thought we throughly deserved the win. The Hoff was my MOM...he was outstanding. Well done to SN and his team, its great to turn over any of the OF....HHGH!!. 

Sherbet
9 minutes ago, Fraggle said:

Aye right!!!

He will no doubt get an apology

whodanny
5 hours ago, brawlad74 said:

Hope your Mum ok Danny. I can't go as my youngest broke his leg again on Tuesday. Twice in a year. Families eh. As to the game always live in hope v Tics but flooding midfield with 5 inc Hoff, Beni and Cammy and nicking something via Shanks is our best bet. 

Thanks mate. She's away into hospital, my sister went in with her as I'd sat with her much of the night.  I'm just so happy that the Jambos won to give me something to lighten the day. My old ma said she was happy for me when I told her the score. :lol:

I hope your lad recovers from his leg break quickly.

Edited by whodanny

Pasquale for King

Absolutely fantastic performance from the team today. 

Go for it 1308
37 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

To Mr Tait...

If your reading this....well done son

leonardo-dicaprio-clapping.gif

I thought we would get a doing today but am delighted to be wrong. The sending off made a big difference but I thought it was pretty even up until then anyway. 

So another two decisions, red card and penalty, we weren't getting without VAR so what's not to like about it. Having said that I thought Celtic's penalty was soft, the red card was harsh and I've no idea about the handball for our penalty but I 'll take them all day long. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Naisy is exactly right. The handball rule is wrong at the moment but it’s not the ref’s job to fix the rule. He called it to the rule correctly.

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

The belly aching from Brendan Rodgers and Neil Lennon about the officiating was something else. The red card was a red card. A Hearts player does that to a Celtic player and they would saying the red card was justified. So they can ram that. Was our penalty soft? Absolutely. I don't think it's a penalty at all and I would be extremely upset if that was given against us. So they have a legitimate axe to grind with that decision. But what they very selectively chose not to go on about was the penalty Celtic were awarded. That wasn't a penalty either. But it doesn't suit their agenda to mention that one or make a big deal about it.

Honestly, the number of times we have been on the receiving end of bad decisions against that lot over the years. It's happened more times than any of us can remember. So I have absolutely zero sympathy for them when they start bumping their gums about how they have been hard done to by refereeing decisions. 

The better team won today. The Celtic sympathisers and apologists can try and deflect away from that fact but that is the bottom line. 

Spot on, Carter-Vickers was getting away with murder today and that ugly nobody at RB was lucky to stay on the pitch for his assault on Tait then reacting when he fouled him back. 

Drylaw Hearts

Fabulous performance…..just didn’t see that coming after Rangers and Hibs.