• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Sir PH

• John Findlay

• Benny Klack

Spellczech
12 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

So if it was a male interviewer and he'd said good lad would it have been an issue ?

Surely even you know that that is a different form of belittlement

(See what I did there?)

Gillsland jack

What Exactly was Jane Lewis (I think she was the journo in question) actually asking Brendan, have I missed something, I have not heard the whole interview, what was the question he did not want to answer?

21 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

So if it was a male interviewer and he'd said good lad would it have been an issue ?

Who cares.

It's Celtics manager let's make it a big deal.

Boyces beard

I think he is pissed of at the standard of player at his disposal compared to his first spell in charge. Don't see him lasting long this time around and would be delighted if losing to us at Tynecastle on Sunday resulted in him getting the boot - or even better just walking away!

1st Spell          ........           2nd Spell

Gordon            ........           Hart

Toure               ........           Johnston               

Izaguirre          .........          Taylor

Sumonovic      ........           Scales

Tierney            ........           Carter-Vickers

Boyata             ..........         Welsh

Lustig              ...........        Ralston

Sviatchenko    .......            Koboyashi

Ajer                  .......            Bernabei

Bitton               .......            Holm

Brown              ......             Iwata

Sinclair             .....             Bernardo

Armstrong       ....              O'Riley

Rogic               ....              McCarthy

Roberts           ....              Kelly

McGregor       ......             McGregor

Forrest            ......             Forrest

Ntcham           .....              Hatate

Dembele          ...                Kyogo

Griffiths           ...                Yang

Edouard           ...                Palma

Weah                ...                Oh

Burke               ...                Maeda

Bayo               ...                 Abada

Edited by Boyces beard

Spellczech
13 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

What Exactly was Jane Lewis (I think she was the journo in question) actually asking Brendan, have I missed something, I have not heard the whole interview, what was the question he did not want to answer?

Lewis had asked Rodgers to explain himself after he told her that, in terms of the title race, 'the story has already been written about this group, but we will write our own story'.  - according to the DM

Section Q

He'll be hounded out of Scotland by the press.

Not a bad thing in my opinion.

Come back for Lennon.........?

Gillsland jack
14 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Lewis had asked Rodgers to explain himself after he told her that, in terms of the title race, 'the story has already been written about this group, but we will write our own story'.  - according to the DM

Ah so it was a typical paranoid comment regarding possibly the media, already declaring the Rangers as champions, then when Jane got a sense of what he had just said, asked him to clarify, he knew he could not ever do that and in his efforts to back track, resorted to the 'good girl' 'run along' type comment.

Jeez, it really is a whole lot of bollox about not a lot really, I don't think Jane Lewis will have been offended by it at all, she had painted him into a corner and he was squirming to get away, 1-0 to Jane I would say.

1 hour ago, edramone said:

Rodgers playing the victim?!

First person on this thread to get it. 
The story isn’t misogyny. The real story is Rodger’s trying to spin a Masonic anti Irish conspiracy narrative. 
The kind of narrative that will be lapped up by the brain dead green brigade goons. Create an exterior enemy to cover his own failings. 
Rodger’s knew exactly what he was saying. 

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, BigAlim said:

For a lot of people “good girl” is bedroom talk which may be why it comes across as more creepy than condescending for some. Why that is the case is a whole different topic of conversation!

‘Good Girl’ bedroom talk😱 

What do you mean a lot of people use that term in the bedroom, how do you know that. Do you use that term in the bedroom, I know I don’t. 

New Town Loafer

Misogynistic? Really? It was deliberately used to be condescending and that’s it. Lot of fuss about nothing.

He is clearly rattled, though, which gives me confidence for Sunday.

1 minute ago, luckyBatistuta said:

‘Good Girl’ bedroom talk😱 

What do you mean a lot of people use that term in the bedroom, how do you know that. Do you use that term in the bedroom, I know I don’t. 

Nah, I did go out with one girl who was into all that patter but it just weirded me out tbh

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

No no Davey, everything was perfect in the good old days. You got to say whatever you wanted.

I am glad the "good* old days are over and the sexist, misogynist, racist folk are dying off. 

luckyBatistuta
13 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I’m not fussed about the interview, but there will be an absolute pile on re the ‘Good Girl’ comment and I’m not for that at all, I wish we lived in a world where we could just tell folk to **** off.

Fingers crossed we end his time this weekend 🙏🏼

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

I wonder if there would be the same stooshie, if it had been a male reporter and he had used the phrase good lad?

I think not. Storm in a tea cup.

The narrative in football at this time seems to be the that you cannot criticise women full stop.

I don't care much for Brendan Rogers, I care even less for Celtic football club.

But I get majorly pissed off that women are getting a free ride in jobs that men get criticised constantly in.

There is always a pile on over nothing, the usual pack of wolves smelling blood. Anyone says the slightest thing now and even if the supposed victim themselves, is actually offended or not, others who have nothing to do with it, want them sacked and destroy their lives. It’s also sad as, that folks now look for the most minuscule things said, purely for their own self gain.

3 hours ago, ArcticJambo said:

Frankly, I really couldn't care about this storm in a tea cup.  The sub heading misogyny is a bit of a stretch, I geddit he Selticky but he's simply thought **** off and patronised her, off camera/interview (I believe, I didn't read the whole story tbqh).  Who hasn't been patronised, or wanted to patronised some ***** that's patently looking for a rise out of you.

Take a step back, it's **** all!

Exactly this..........this thread will be split in the main between under 40s and over 40s. Bet the unders are mostly "offended" (thats the woke buzzword isnt it ?) and the overs see it as an over-reaction as most things are in life now. Folk are so F------ precious !

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

There is always a pile on over nothing, the usual pack of wolves smelling blood. Anyone says the slightest thing now and even if the supposed victim themselves, is actually offended or not, others who have nothing to do with it, want them sacked and destroy their lives. It’s also sad as, that folks now look for the most minuscule things said, purely for their own self gain.

One hundred percent.

7 minutes ago, DaveyT said:

I am glad the "good* old days are over and the sexist, misogynist, racist folk are dying off. 

ah - a woke bloke (if bloke can be used without causing pseudo angst) 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, DaveyT said:

Slowly but surely 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Good post

hahahaha aye he is smarmy (he was being very condescending and would have said the same to a "boy" and thats what he should be damned for) 

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

Exactly this..........this thread will be split in the main between under 40s and over 40s. Bet the unders are mostly "offended" (thats the woke buzzword isnt it ?) and the overs see it as an over-reaction as most things are in life now. Folk are so F------ precious !

Not quite, im over 40 but condescending comments to anyone should be frowned upon, especially sexist ones.

As much as I would have called him a midget leprechaun ***** in the past, thats wrong and can be seen as racist. 

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not quite, im over 40 but condescending comments to anyone should be frowned upon, especially sexist ones.

As much as I would have called him a midget leprechaun ***** in the past, thats wrong and can be seen as racist. 

Explain how his comment was sexist?

13 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

hahahaha aye he is smarmy (he was being very condescending and would have said the same to a "boy" and thats what he should be damned for) 

Get him on anything you can 🙂

Just now, GinRummy said:

Get him on anything you can 🙂

You seem to be extra protective of all things Celtic? 🙂

1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

You seem to be extra protective of all things Celtic? 🙂

No, the smiley was just a gesture of jollyness. I'm delighted he's getting stick and hope it continues. The rights and wongs of it are of no concern to me whatsoever.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
1 hour ago, busbyfth said:

I’m 50 next year, and saw it as a person in power using condescending language, based on gender, to belittle and escape some professional questioning about something ridiculous he said.

I’m not ready to start a protest group over it, and I’m sure the reporter in question won’t have lost any sleep over it, but we should call it for what it is.  He hasn’t murdered anyone, or done anything hugely criminal or amoral, but it’s wrong.  Say it, move on.

Better world tomorrow - I’ve a son and daughter both still quite small but I’d like her to have the same opportunities and treatment as he will.

Des Lynam

Let's wait and see if Jane Lewis is offended otherwise it's just men thinking they are trying to protect her which is patronising in itself. 

been here before

Brendans a creepy looking oddball, a wank of the highest order and a Celtic ***** to boot, however this just smacks of folk looking to be offended over **** all really.

That said anytime my mind wanders to Jane Lewis she's being anyyhing but a good girl...

been here before
5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Let's wait and see if Jane Lewis is offended otherwise it's just men thinking they are trying to protect her which is patronising in itself. 

She doesnt appears to give a **** really...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13126357/BBC-Jane-Lewis-Celtic-boss-Brendan-Rodgers-comment-casual-sexism-accusations-BBC.html

...which ironically is the total opposite to what I.... nah best stop there 😄

Des Lynam
1 minute ago, been here before said:

She doesnt appears to give a **** really...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-13126357/BBC-Jane-Lewis-Celtic-boss-Brendan-Rodgers-comment-casual-sexism-accusations-BBC.html

...which ironically is the total opposite to what I.... nah best stop there 😄

Yes she laughed it off at the time giving it the response it deserved. I can't believe she's 53. 

been here before
1 minute ago, Des Lynam said:

Yes she laughed it off at the time giving it the response it deserved. I can't believe she's 53. 

53 eh? Lookin' good. Some of us are just lucky to have those genes I suppose

I mind the SC game at Partick a few seasons ago she was right in frint if us by the dug outs/ tunnel. I spent more time looking at her than watching the game 😀

3 hours ago, Fort Vallance said:

If Brendan Rodgers had, in the same context, referred to a male reporter in his 50s as 'good boy' - which would be the actual equivalent - it would still be weird as **** and ultimately disrespectful.

In fact, I think that would be even more of a talking point given how jarring that would be to a listener.  We wouldn't be discussing if it was sexist, but we might be discussing the punch up initiated by such a small, antagonistic term.

Rodgers is rattled, said something very stupid/careless in the heat of the moment. It's revealing of something - hopefully not a deep lying misogyny, but rather just the insecurities of a quite arrogant individual.

He shouldn't have said what he said and I suspect he regrets it either way.

Edited by Rampant

Jane Lewis isn't exactly Jeremy Paxman, the fact Brendan Rodgers is clearly rattled and taken a huff with her says a lot more than his use of the phrase "good girl".

I've no time for Rangers, but it will be amusing to see Rodgers chuck it this year.

Fort Vallance
3 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Surely even you know that that is a different form of belittlement

(See what I did there?)

Just. But of course you're cleverer than me

In his first spell when there was no real competition he loved to give us his footballing wisdom, educate us on how the game should be played. Not so smart now, clearly rattled and knows his career is heading down the pan! Why he ever came back is beyond me, can only think he thought it was an easy gif win a few leagues and then get another big pay day elsewhere.

Sleepy head

See these people who think this is worthy of debate, can I ask a question? Do you know what's going on in the planet right now? Wars, possibility of more wars, cost of living,inept corrupt governments aplenty, a revolution in our way of living and not all for the greater good either, invasive religious fascism ete,etc.

Get a feckin life for goodness sake.:tlj:

9 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

See these people who think this is worthy of debate, can I ask a question? Do you know what's going on in the planet right now? Wars, possibility of more wars, cost of living,inept corrupt governments aplenty, a revolution in our way of living and not all for the greater good either, invasive religious fascism ete,etc.

I take this to mean that you are very aware of all these horrors in the world and yet you still come on to this forum and engage in debate about football?  Is that not even more trivial in your view?

been here before
14 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

See these people who think this is worthy of debate, can I ask a question? Do you know what's going on in the planet right now?

This whole thing is bollocks, virtue signallers jumping on the latest passing bandwagon, desperate to be offended. That said though because there's "Wars, possibility of more wars, cost of living,inept corrupt governments aplenty, a revolution in our way of living and not all for the greater good either, invasive religious fascism ete,etc." then people arent allowed to bother about what you would consider to be the minutae?

They can only care about what you say they should?

FionaHmfc

It was definitely not a remark he made based on gender IMO but there’s something so odd about him. He’s just so weird and he makes your skin crawl and hearing him say that was just cringey 😂 he was actually slavering nonsense in the interview anyway and Jane Lewis was right to ask him to explain himself which he refused to do. Strange man. 

BangkokHearts
55 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

In his first spell when there was no real competition he loved to give us his footballing wisdom, educate us on how the game should be played. Not so smart now, clearly rattled and knows his career is heading down the pan! Why he ever came back is beyond me, can only think he thought it was an easy gif win a few leagues and then get another big pay day elsewhere.

Well, he was up against Michael Beale, so you can't blame his thinking. He was probably offered millions to come back as well.

Looks like it is not going according to plan though. :food-smiley-004:

Sleepy head
1 hour ago, Rampant said:

I take this to mean that you are very aware of all these horrors in the world and yet you still come on to this forum and engage in debate about football?  Is that not even more trivial in your view?

Being interested in the lighter things in life is hardly trivial but getting your y fronts in a twist about a trivial remark most definitely is in my opinion.

AlphonseCapone
7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Seems some are struggling to understand what patronising means, instead getting themselves in a flap over gender.

Wouldn't have happened in the good old days!

Exactly. It's not that hard. But boomers going to boomer and start going on about snowflakes etc.

Sleepy head
2 hours ago, been here before said:

This whole thing is bollocks, virtue signallers jumping on the latest passing bandwagon, desperate to be offended. That said though because there's "Wars, possibility of more wars, cost of living,inept corrupt governments aplenty, a revolution in our way of living and not all for the greater good either, invasive religious fascism ete,etc." then people arent allowed to bother about what you would consider to be the minutae?

perspective was all i was meaning.Why do people care about irrelevance such as this? people can care about what they like but i reserve the right to call it out.

OldGorgie
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Totally agree. Since when were journalists sensitive souls most have thicker skins than elephants and are usually just as intelligent.