Brendan Rodgers

Swanny17

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

I don't recall saying that? Not like you to spout utter crap and make stuff up. 

Yes you have. You have said she's not offended as she needs the access to Brendan Rogers to do her job.

Like I said you're not the sharpest tool in the box.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Sir PH

• John Findlay

• Benny Klack

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

Jane Lewis did decide, because she decided in a way you don't like, you carry on being offended on her behalf.

Like I said your hard of thinking, and talk a load of bollocks too.

I'm not offended, far from it. Although it's priceless coming from you, who pishes his pants at songs in a football stadium.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Graham Thomson said:

I'm quite happy for them to decide. 

You're the one who is complaining on their behalf, they don't need you!!! 

You're talking to a brick wall Graham.

Just now, John Findlay said:

Yes you have. You have said she's not offended as she needs the access to Brendan Rogers to do her job.

Like I said you're not the sharpest tool in the box.

No I didn't. At no point did I say it. So you're wrong, again. 

John Findlay
Just now, Sir PH said:

I'm not offended, far from it. Although it's priceless coming from you, who pishes his pants at songs in a football stadium.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Great thread for the boomers outing themselves - if all else fails tell ‘um to “go away and stop talking bollocks”

👍

Outrageous ageism.  This is the kind of casual throw-away offensiveness that the elderly and less media and internet savvy have to put up with.

I’m disgusted.

1 minute ago, FWJ said:

I’m sure Jane Lewis - or any senior reporter, male or female, will have heard worse.  Many I dare say will have dealt worse.

I’m not sure if she’ll be delighted that your so sensitive on her behalf.

I'm not allowed to cut off your finger just because somebody else has previously cut off your hand.

Is your bar for decency simply just set below whatever the worst thing you can imagine is?

Just now, Rampant said:

I'm not allowed to cut off your finger just because somebody else has previously cut off your hand.

Is your bar for decency simply just set below whatever the worst thing you can imagine is?

He was pi££ed off and possibly patronising.  
If he’d simply walked away then those desperate to make A Thing of it - for whatever agenda they have - would have described that as patronising and sexist too.

Benny Klack
13 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Outrageous ageism.  This is the kind of casual throw-away offensiveness that the elderly and less media and internet savvy have to put up with.

I’m disgusted.

😂😂😂

Boomers gonna boom !

Just now, Benny Klack said:

😂😂😂

Boomers gonna boom !

And millennials will just get their parents to do it for them.

Benny Klack
1 minute ago, FWJ said:

And millennials will just get their parents to do it for them.

Classic 👏

PortyBeach
3 hours ago, busbyfth said:

the way things/momentum are going she will have more - what BR said was said in a term (according to my wife and daughter - who I concur with) of belittling the person - talking down to them in a condescending way - verging on nasty......but they also reckoned he would have said the same words but used "boy" if a male had asked the same questions, as it was a jibe at a journalist, not specifically aimed at the female race.  It  was said with pomp and self esteem from a boor. 

At last, someone tells it like was/is…

PortyBeach
1 hour ago, Graham Thomson said:

My God I can't believe this discussion is still going on, Jane Lewis wasn't offended no problem, move on and concentrate on important issues. 

Stop being offended on other people's behalf!!! 

Too many people “offended” because it’s the Celtic manager?
Answers on a postage stamp…

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Rampant said:

See the bold text.

You equated Rodgers saying 'good girl' to Jane Lewis with Rodgers saying 'good lad' to Jonathan Sutherland.  You equated reality to an alternate scenario, in which you changed the gender of the person Rodgers was interacting with, as well as changing a key word used in that interaction.

In changing the word and Jane Lewis's gender, you not only "stripped" the situation of its original context, but replaced it with an entirely different context.

Really? What's your response to this post 👇

3 hours ago, busbyfth said:

the way things/momentum are going she will have more - what BR said was said in a term (according to my wife and daughter - who I concur with) of belittling the person - talking down to them in a condescending way - verging on nasty......but they also reckoned he would have said the same words but used "boy" if a male had asked the same questions, as it was a jibe at a journalist, not specifically aimed at the female race.  It  was said with pomp and self esteem from a boor. 

While you're there, why don't you explain why you picked my post specifically out of approximately a dozen posts stating the same opinion, not to be confused with stating opinion as fact; 2 women have given their view, that's a FACT

4 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

Too many people “offended” because it’s the Celtic manager?
Answers on a postage stamp…

I knew you'd be along soon to defend him. He is the Celtic manager, after all. 

PortyBeach
2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I knew you'd be along soon to defend him. He is the Celtic manager, after all. 

I’m just stating the obvious.
And as not a few posters here have realised, you’re a not-so-closet Ibrox sympathiser…

42 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

No I didn't. At no point did I say it. So you're wrong, again. 

“Jane Lewis may not be making a big deal of it, probably to save her job and to keep her access to Celtic”

5 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

I’m just stating the obvious.
And as not a few posters here have realised, you’re a not-so-closet Ibrox sympathiser…

And you're always there to stick up for Celtic.

4 minutes ago, FWJ said:

“Jane Lewis may not be making a big deal of it, probably to save her job and to keep her access to Celtic”

Thanks for proving my point.👍

26 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Yes, really. I think I explained myself well enough in that post. 

26 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

While you're there, why don't you explain why you picked my post specifically out of approximately a dozen posts stating the same opinion, not to be confused with stating opinion as fact; 2 women have given their view, that's a FACT

Let's take the other poster in good faith in which case we can agree that it is a fact that two women have given their view.  But their view is their opinion so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make by bringing it up.  My guess is that because those two women have sided with you, you believe that makes you right?

My issue with your post was that you implied people on one side of the argument were taking the quote out of context in order to find fault with it, whilst you yourself took the quote out of context in order to defend it.  As I made clear earlier, I don't think such hypocrisy was fair.

In any case, I've replied to other posters in this thread, I haven't singled your post out.

Edited by Rampant

I feel sorry for Jane Lewis, if this escalates, the pile on from those of a Celtic persuasion will likely influence her employers, and she may find the attention from any fallout pushed  in her direction 

Dont believe me  ? , Remember when Shay Logan was racially abused by the Celtic player Tonev in 2014, Tonev was subsequently banned for 7 games, but there was a huge pile on from Celtic fans and players (inderectly) indicating Logan was lying, and it was an anti Celtic agenda, subsequently Logan received abuse whenever he played at Parkhead, there was a definite lack of support from the media in this country for Logan.

Ironically I fear Jane Lewis will end up being the bad guy here, Celtics influence in this countries media will come to the fore.

Edited by jbee647

17 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Thanks for proving my point.👍

21 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Almost definitely, probably doesn’t fancy her windows getting smashed in either 

1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

Almost definitely, probably doesn’t fancy her windows getting smashed in either 

Some of the stuff she's been called on Twitter/X from the greatest fans in the world is utterly disgusting. But hey, she's not offended. So no harm done!

Ricardo Quaresma
13 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Yes, really. I think I explained myself well enough in that post. 

Let's take the other poster in good faith in which case we can agree that it is a fact that two women have given their view.  But their view is their opinion so I'm not sure what point you're trying to make by bringing it up.  My guess is that because those two women have sided with you, you believe that makes you right?

My issue with your post was that you implied people on one side of the argument were taking the quote out of context in order to find fault with it, whilst you yourself took the quote out of context in order to defend it.  As I made clear earlier, I don't think such hypocrisy was fair.

In any case, I've replied to other posters in this thread, I haven't singled your post out.

You've got it all wrong and I am going to leave it right there

Enjoy your night

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

I feel sorry for Jane Lewis, if this escalates, the pile on from those of a Celtic persuasion will likely influence her employers, and she may find the attention from any fallout pushed  in her direction 

Dont believe me  ? , Remember when Shay Logan was racially abused by the Celtic player Tonev in 2014, Tonev was subsequently banned for 7 games, but there was a huge pile on from Celtic fans and players (inderectly) indicating Logan was lying, and it was an anti Celtic agenda, subsequently Logan received abuse whenever he played at Parkhead, there was a definite lack of support from the media in this country for Logan.

Ironically I fear Jane Lewis will end up being the bad guy here, Celtics influence in this countries media will come to the fore.

Good post 

30 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You've got it all wrong and I am going to leave it right there

Enjoy your night

👍 I'm sorry if I have.

My concern in this thread, and more generally, is when people are particularly keen to stifle a debate, demonstrated frequently in this thread by the urgency at which many want to swiftly move on with a 'nothing to see here' attitude, accompanied by the good lad / good boy whataboutery.  There's more to this and it's worth talking about.

Edited by Rampant

14 minutes ago, Rampant said:

👍 I'm sorry if I have.

My concern in this thread, and more generally, is when people are particularly keen to stifle a debate, demonstrated frequently in this thread by the urgency at which many want to swiftly move on with a 'nothing to see here' attitude, accompanied by the good lad / good boy whataboutery.  There's more to this and it's worth talking about.

We’re on page 5.  There’s not much sign of the debate being stifled.

And what better way to stifle debate than to dismiss a contrary view as ‘whataboutery’

Edited by FWJ

i wish jj was my dad
5 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Sadly, I think this is the point being overlooked in the stooshie. Acknowledged, I try to avoid the weegia but I've not sensed any anti celtic narrative being developed.  Their performance v killie came under scrutiny which is perfectly reasonable given the comparative difference in resources. He's appealing to their base which is out of the John Reid playbook and inevitably Jane will be encouraged to offer more favourable commentary. 

colinmaroon
On 25/02/2024 at 23:03, Armageddon said:

I’m not fussed about the interview, but there will be an absolute pile on re the ‘Good Girl’ comment and I’m not for that at all, I wish we lived in a world where we could just tell folk to **** off.

Fingers crossed we end his time this weekend 🙏🏼

Agreed!  I get dogs abuse from some for daring to suggest Jesus is important in their life.  Because I'm a minister they think it will shock me.  Apart from the fact I lived 44 years before becoming a Christian, and anyone in the.Glasgow Branch will tell you my language was "flowery" to say the least,  the term used was childish and condescending, but not worthy of the reaction of the oversensitive.  It's a case of take the log out your own eye before trying to take the speck of sawdust out of his.

Edited by colinmaroon

He knew what he was saying , total knobhead, got called out and immediately was on the phone to apologies, no offence meant etc etc 

No way the BBC was going to over play this

Sleepy head

I like Jane Lewis and she'll not be such a wee sensitive soul as to wilt at that comment. Yes the media aftermath will be more concerning to her and who's to blame for that? Well it's all the wee sensitive souls who have been offended on her behalf.You know, the ones who claim to be on her side. That's the problem. Snowflakes cause more bother for everyone else,The wee right on wokies love a fight. Just as long as it's somebody else's.

Japan Jambo
11 hours ago, jbee647 said:

Liel Abada comes to mind as I read this...

been here before

Jane, if you're out there looking for support and need a shoulder or anything else to cry on and happen to read this, I'm here for you....

14 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

lucky dip - what or why else would you think anything ? 

Sleepy head
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Jane, if you're out there looking for support and need a shoulder or anything else to cry on and happen to read this, I'm here for you....

😁

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, been here before said:

Good boy

Ricardo Quaresma
2 hours ago, busbyfth said:

lucky dip - what or why else would you think anything ? 

I get a lot of left field ersewipes coming at me on here and on P & B, because I have the same avatar and also, over there, they think I'm @Craigieboy, because of a similar username

I've had a hell of a lot of crap on that forum from hibbys that assume this, it's quite amusing to see the effect of 1 poster from here, probably combined with the beatings on the park over the years 😂

I can smell them from some distance, Busby

There's a few posters on this thread that aren't Hearts fans either

Craigieboy
46 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I get a lot of left field ersewipes coming at me on here and on P & B, because I have the same avatar and also, over there, they think I'm @Craigieboy, because of a similar username

I've had a hell of a lot of crap on that forum from hibbys that assume this, it's quite amusing to see the effect of 1 poster from here, probably combined with the beatings on the park over the years 😂

:D

PortyBeach
13 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Agreed!  I get dogs abuse from some for daring to suggest Jesus is important in their life.  Because I'm a minister they think it will shock me.  Apart from the fact I lived 44 years before becoming a Christian, and anyone in the.Glasgow Branch will tell you my language was "flowery" to say the least,  the term used was childish and condescending, but not worthy of the reaction of the oversensitive.  It's a case of take the log out your own eye before trying to take the speck of sawdust out of his.

“…the term used was childish and condescending, but not worthy of the reaction of the oversensitive.”

Exactly so.
Those of a different persuasion perhaps need to own up to the real motives behind their faux outrage…

21 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Im naive (thick) and never thought of that - I would never dream of going on their site at all - just shows what some folk are like 👍

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, busbyfth said:

Im naive (thick) and never thought of that - I would never dream of going on their site at all - just shows what some folk are like 👍

I've never been an account holder on their site, no, just looked at the odd link on here and it usually is hilarious; always a private browsing window though, eugh

image.gif.be074aa21b75505b47d2a9b76e3566eb.gif

Pasquale for King

Horrible wee *****

Edited by Pasquale for King
Spelling

Pasquale for King
On 29/02/2024 at 14:17, cheetah said:

Calling a woman a girl is condescending and sexist.

Exactly