Brendan Rodgers

Swanny17

Benny Klack

Whilst I would suggest this is a wee bit of a storm in a tea cup I would suggest it shows the pressure is getting to Brenda and he’s coming across as a bigger twat than normal.

The sexist line at the end wasn’t a great look but bigger picture for me is that he’s clearly rattled - it’s a Kevin Keegan “I would love it” moment. Clement must be pishing himself.

How the mighty have fallen Brenda ya clown 🤡 

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Sir PH

• John Findlay

• Benny Klack

1 hour ago, Syd said:

Sounded really patronising to me rather than sexist. He would be fuming if someone spoke to his daughter like that in her work place.

Great point.

the posh bit
1 hour ago, Syd said:

He would be fuming if someone spoke to his daughter like that in her work place.

Or the tranny he once bagged off with. 😕

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, been here before said:

I was thinking more along the lines of you making another bullshit claim that your article didnt even state.

It gave a few of us a fair chuckle.

Post another but maybe try reading it this time :rofl:

Glad you found it hilarious, maybe get someone to explain it to you.

been here before
10 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Glad you found it hilarious, maybe get someone to explain it to you.

Aye someone who could explain it to me and the others who evidently understood it. :lol:

Perhaps at the same time they could explain it to you who evidently didn't.

'Its 2024, its against the law'  :rofl:

28 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Whilst I would suggest this is a wee bit of a storm in a tea cup I would suggest it shows the pressure is getting to Brenda and he’s coming across as a bigger twat than normal.

The sexist line at the end wasn’t a great look but bigger picture for me is that he’s clearly rattled - it’s a Kevin Keegan “I would love it” moment. Clement must be pishing himself.

How the mighty have fallen Brenda ya clown 🤡 

That was my take .

And the pressure is from the support.

He's wishing he'd never left or came back.

On 26/02/2024 at 13:23, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

I’m 50 next year, and saw it as a person in power using condescending language, based on gender, to belittle and escape some professional questioning about something ridiculous he said.

I’m not ready to start a protest group over it, and I’m sure the reporter in question won’t have lost any sleep over it, but we should call it for what it is.  He hasn’t murdered anyone, or done anything hugely criminal or amoral, but it’s wrong.  Say it, move on.

Better world tomorrow - I’ve a son and daughter both still quite small but I’d like her to have the same opportunities and treatment as he will.

the way things/momentum are going she will have more - what BR said was said in a term (according to my wife and daughter - who I concur with) of belittling the person - talking down to them in a condescending way - verging on nasty......but they also reckoned he would have said the same words but used "boy" if a male had asked the same questions, as it was a jibe at a journalist, not specifically aimed at the female race.  It  was said with pomp and self esteem from a boor. 

On 26/02/2024 at 12:29, Pasquale for King said:

Not quite, im over 40 but condescending comments to anyone should be frowned upon, especially sexist ones.

As much as I would have called him a midget leprechaun ***** in the past, thats wrong and can be seen as racist. 

and offensive to small green folk

Benny Klack
13 minutes ago, Ked said:

That was my take .

Yeah, good point about the pressure / “narrative” largely coming from his own fanbase.

I’ve noticed a lot of Celtic fans on social media - their heads are really swivelling on this row. On the one hand they hate him for the brand of football being played and for the monumental swing in the league race with Rangers BUT on the other hand they love it when they are the perceived victims of a media conspiracy against one of their own.

They don’t know whether they are coming or going - good times 🤭

Would be delighted if we could further derail them on Sunday (and Jane Lewis does the post match interviews). 

Edited by Benny Klack

Benny Klack
36 minutes ago, been here before said:

Aye someone who could explain it to me and the others who evidently understood it. :lol:

Perhaps at the same time they could explain it to you who evidently didn't.

'Its 2024, its against the law'  :rofl:

I’d suggest that if “someone” is reaching the stage of posting links to online Daily Mirror articles, then whatever point they are trying to make becomes automatically invalid.

(And that’s going on the basis of having actually read the article beforehand or not)

😉

Edited by Benny Klack

2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

If it had been Chris McLaughlin interviewing and he had cut him off with the words ‘good man’ would it have been an issue to you. 

I don't think it would.  But he didn't address a man as 'good man'. He addressed a woman as 'good girl'.

The abrupt exit of the interview would still have been disrespectful.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

and offensive to small green folk

Someone was convicted of racism for calling an Irish person a Leprechaun,  Rodgers doesn’t qualify for that. 

Benny Klack
On 26/02/2024 at 10:52, Fort Vallance said:

So if it was a male interviewer and he'd said good lad would it have been an issue ?

It would have been extremely patronising and bad form.

Given he said it to a female it is extremely patronising, sexist and bad form.

Hope that clarifies 👍

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

I’d suggest that if “someone” is reaching the stage of posting links to online Daily Mirror articles, then whatever point you’re trying to make becomes automatically invalid.

(And that’s going on the basis of having actually read the article beforehand or not) 😉

It was the first one that came up, the headline said man convicted of Sexual Harassment by a judge for calling someone a good girl, along with other offences obviously. Is that not illegal?

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Benny Klack said:

It would have been extremely patronising and bad form.

Given he said it to a female it is extremely patronising, sexist and bad form.

Hope that clarifies 👍

Wasting your breath.

Benny Klack
On 26/02/2024 at 12:34, John Findlay said:

Explain how his comment was sexist?

He literally refers to her gender in a patronising manner.

If someone had spoken down to your wife / daughter / granddaughter in this manner would you think it was a fair enough response ? - especially from a manager in a position of power to a reporter doing her job.

Edited by Benny Klack

been here before
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It was the first one that came up, the headline said man convicted of Sexual Harassment by a judge for calling someone a good girl, along with other offences obviously. Is that not illegal?

giphy.gif.0b718227c9f709c0926dee5ee18f74e6.gif

Benny Klack
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Mirror is a rag mate so not an obvious go to. 

35 minutes ago, SecN said:

Blurred Lines song for Brenda needed on Sunday. 

:lol:

Underrated post. 

Please, please, please someone at Hearts make that the song that's played as they come down the tunnel before kickoff. It will rattle them!

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

Mirror is a rag mate so not an obvious go to. 

They all are really.

Toxteth O'Grady
1 hour ago, Ked said:

That was my take .

Yes - he mentioned a substitution being booed and said it was weird. I think he is building his case to leave.

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Benny Klack said:

He literally refers to her gender in a patronising manner.

If someone had spoken down to your wife / daughter / granddaughter in this manner would you think it was a fair enough response ? - especially from a manager in a position of power to a reporter doing her job.

My daughter would have treated it in the same way Jane Lewis has.

At nearly 38 years old my daughter is more than capable of looking after herself.

Graham Thomson

My God I can't believe this discussion is still going on, Jane Lewis wasn't offended no problem, move on and concentrate on important issues. 

Stop being offended on other people's behalf!!! 

Des Lynam
3 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

My God I can't believe this discussion is still going on, Jane Lewis wasn't offended no problem, move on and concentrate on important issues. 

Stop being offended on other people's behalf!!! 

This. 

It's become a modern day disease.

15 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

At nearly 38 years old my daughter is more than capable of looking after herself.

Ah well, that makes it ok then. Every female should just laugh it off, because Jane Lewis did and your daughter would.

Benny Klack
19 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It’s everyday sexism and needs calling out - as a father with a young daughter I see it all the feckin time. More mature posters on here may not get it I appreciate that  - but times change. It’s not “woke” or a “modern day disease” to expect  females in sport to be treated with respect. 

Rogers was rattled, tried to punch down, made an ar5e of himself and is being rightfully called out for it. 

Benny Klack
9 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Ah well, that makes it ok then. Every female should just laugh it off, because Jane Lewis did and your daughter would.

Well said 👌

18 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Having just listened to it, I think it was meant in the exact same way as it would if it was, say, jonathon sutherland and it was 'good lad'

As in, well done for 'pushing it' when she knew he wasn't going to elaborate and make an arse of himself

I don't think there's any malice at all

'Nice try' is all I heard in that, but no doubt some will try to strip the context out of the words, as per usual

5 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Explain how I stripped the context?

See the bold text.

You equated Rodgers saying 'good girl' to Jane Lewis with Rodgers saying 'good lad' to Jonathan Sutherland.  You equated reality to an alternate scenario, in which you changed the gender of the person Rodgers was interacting with, as well as changing a key word used in that interaction.

In changing the word and Jane Lewis's gender, you not only "stripped" the situation of its original context, but replaced it with an entirely different context.

underwaterwoodwelder

Sleazy pr!ck of a man trying to back track in his explanation interview earlier today. 

His masked slipped and everyone knows what he is like, 

John Findlay
31 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Yes. The remark was made to Jane Lewis.

She has publicly stated that it didn't offend her. End of the matter. Remark wasn't made to my daughter or you or yours. You carry on being offended for her as it was made by Brendan Rogers, and not Philipe Clement.

John Findlay
24 minutes ago, Benny Klack said:

It’s everyday sexism and needs calling out - as a father with a young daughter I see it all the feckin time. More mature posters on here may not get it I appreciate that  - but times change. It’s not “woke” or a “modern day disease” to expect  females in sport to be treated with respect. 

Rogers was rattled, tried to punch down, made an ar5e of himself and is being rightfully called out for it. 

Away and stop talking bollocks.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Yes. The remark was made to Jane Lewis.

She has publicly stated that it didn't offend her. End of the matter. Remark wasn't made to my daughter or you or yours. You carry on being offended for her as it was made by Brendan Rogers, and not Philipe Clement.

Jane Lewis may not be making a big deal of it, probably to save her job and to keep her access to Celtic. But thousands of other women would rightly be pissed off being spoken to like that in their place of work. 

So when female reporters or pundits refer to the Scottish team as ‘the boys’ can we all be hugely offended at their sexism and casual misandry?

Just now, FWJ said:

So when female reporters or pundits refer to the Scottish team as ‘the boys’ can we all be hugely offended at their sexism and casual misandry?

Aye, because that's the exact same  circumstances in which Rodgers said it.🙄

3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Jane Lewis may not be making a big deal of it, probably to save her job and to keep her access to Celtic. But thousands of other women would rightly be pissed off being spoken to like that in their place of work. 

The female on tea-trolley on the train recently called me ‘sweetheart’.  Should I have been offended?

Up until I was about 30-odd, older women in shops etc would call me ‘son’

Should I have been offended?

2 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Aye, because that's the exact same  circumstances in which Rodgers said it.🙄

The ‘circumstances’ don’t matter.  And to suggest they do is a bully’s defence.

Just now, FWJ said:

The female on tea-trolley on the train recently called me ‘sweetheart’.  Should I have been offended?

Up until I was about 30-odd, older women in shops etc would call me ‘son’

Should I have been offended?

That's up to you. Do you think it's similar to the Rodgers situation and the way he spoke to Jane Lewis? Would you like your daughter to be spoken to like that in her place of work? And from somebody who she knows carries a lot of power?

Graham Thomson
6 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Most women are likely to be pissed off about men getting upset on their behalf. 

Women are quite capable of speaking up for themselves just the same as men are. 

They don't need your patronizing protection.

Just now, FWJ said:

The ‘circumstances’ don’t matter.  And to suggest they do is a bully’s defence.

😂😂😂

Just now, Graham Thomson said:

Most women are likely to be pissed off about men getting upset on their behalf. 

Women are quite capable of speaking up for themselves just the same as men are. 

They don't need your patronizing protection.

And they don't need you writing it off as banter. They'll decide, not you.

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

Her job is more important to her than being a woman?

You talk a load of bollocks too.

Benny Klack

Great thread for the boomers outing themselves - if all else fails tell ‘um to “go away and stop talking bollocks”

👍

Just now, John Findlay said:

Her job is more important to her than being a woman?

You talk a load of bollocks too.

I don't recall saying that? Not like you to spout utter crap and make stuff up. 

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Sir PH said:

Jane Lewis did decide, because she decided in a way you don't like, you carry on being offended on her behalf.

Like I said your hard of thinking, and talk a load of bollocks too.

6 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

That's up to you. Do you think it's similar to the Rodgers situation and the way he spoke to Jane Lewis? Would you like your daughter to be spoken to like that in her place of work? And from somebody who she knows carries a lot of power?

I’m sure Jane Lewis - or any senior reporter, male or female, will have heard worse.  Many I dare say will have dealt worse.

I’m not sure if she’ll be delighted that you’re so sensitive on her behalf.

Edited by FWJ

Graham Thomson
3 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

I'm quite happy for them to decide. 

You're the one who is complaining on their behalf, they don't need you!!!