Brendan Rodgers

Swanny17

been here before
5 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

perspective was all i was meaning.Why do people care about irrelevance such as this? people can care about what they like but i reserve the right to call it out.

Well if you've "called it out" I bet everyone everywhere is re-assessing their priorities in life.

Not that you've got an over inflated sense of your own importance :lol:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Sir PH

• John Findlay

• Benny Klack

OldGorgie
6 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

I bet arseholes will be arseholes whatever i say. Know what i mean?

Sensitive souls clearly not limited to journalists

PortyBeach

Bit of a non-story, surely?

I’m sure we’ve all seen more condescending/patronising comments aimed at fellow posters on these threads than anything Rodgers has said in this exchange.

1 hour ago, Sleepy head said:

Being interested in the lighter things in life is hardly trivial but getting your y fronts in a twist about a trivial remark most definitely is in my opinion.

You didn't say anything about getting "y fronts in a twist" - your question was to anyone simply engaging in a debate about this.

Some people find this conversation stimulating, see it as an opportunity to learn about society and think about how it might develop.  But the opinion you expressed was that people shouldn't bother discussing it because, amongst other things, there might be a new war about to start. 

You mentioned a revolution in our way of living too, as if our way of life isn’t actually constantly evolving, whilst littered with the occasional leap forward, a revolution. These leaps probably start by people simply talking about how things are.

Feel free to think that should be stifled if you must.

the posh bit
30 minutes ago, been here before said:

but once they realise that folk might have different opinions, thoughts or priorites to their own often they can move along with life.

You're at the ****ing lash here. 😁

been here before
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not according to that article it isnt.

Calling her "good girl" was just one part of a wider, more prolonged sexual harrassment award.

Edited by been here before

17 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

The boy tried to kiss her and touch her up!

A fekin toad yet some dingles look to defend him.

While in jest I want Rodgers hounded for it to post a link where obvious harassment had took place and focus on one word is even worse than the snowflakery the poster is against.

@Pasquale for King

Get a grip 

By The Light..
23 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I’m not fussed about the interview, but there will be an absolute pile on re the ‘Good Girl’ comment and I’m not for that at all, I wish we lived in a world where we could just tell folk to **** off.

Fingers crossed we end his time this weekend 🙏🏼

Agreed, she was winding him up and deserved to be told to feck off, good boy wouldn't have made any headlines though and this positive discrimination woke bxllsh1t is ending society as I see it

By The Light..
2 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Get the bloke darling, two sugars

Love it.

Edited by By The Light..
2 sugars

If that has caused offence then what has the world come to. If he'd said ' good lad' to a reporter noone would have batted an eyelid 

weegie jambo

Rodgers knew exactly what he was doing with the "good girl" comment. He was riled and resorted in a condescending and patronizing way. He's rightly been castigated for it.

Ricardo Quaresma
3 hours ago, bigcoll said:

If that has caused offence then what has the world come to. If he'd said ' good lad' to a reporter noone would have batted an eyelid 

Having just listened to it, I think it was meant in the exact same way as it would if it was, say, jonathon sutherland and it was 'good lad'

As in, well done for 'pushing it' when she knew he wasn't going to elaborate and make an arse of himself

I don't think there's any malice at all

'Nice try' is all I heard in that, but no doubt some will try to strip the context out of the words, as per usual

7 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Having just listened to it, I think it was meant in the exact same way as it would if it was, say, jonathon sutherland and it was 'good lad'

As in, well done for 'pushing it' when she knew he wasn't going to elaborate and make an arse of himself

'Nice try' is all I heard in that, but no doubt some will try to strip the context out of the words, as per usual

You do realise by reimagining this as a scenario where he says 'good lad' to Jonathan Sutherland, you are changing the context of the situation?  In fact, you're changing the words even, lad to girl...

Edited by Rampant

Sounded more patronising than sexist to me. Probably a little p*ssed off with the line of questioning and that was his way of showing he'd had enough of her badgering him for an answer she most likely knew the answer to. Maybe not wise but either way it's really not a big deal and will rightfully be forgotten about soon.

It's not the first time a manager has been patronising towards a reporter when they feel they feel they're being asked stupid questions, it happens all the time in football so not sure why this has been made into such a huge fuss. 

11 hours ago, bigcoll said:

This

11 hours ago, By The Light.. said:

Agreed, she was winding him up and deserved to be told to feck off, good boy wouldn't have made any headlines though and this positive discrimination woke bxllsh1t is ending society as I see it

Perhaps that's not a bad thing.

The Real Maroonblood
56 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Sounded more patronising than sexist to me. Probably a little p*ssed off with the line of questioning and that was his way of showing he'd had enough of her badgering him for an answer she most likely knew the answer to. Maybe not wise but either way it's really not a big deal and will rightfully be forgotten about soon.

It's not the first time a manager has been patronising towards a reporter when they feel they feel they're being asked stupid questions, it happens all the time in football so not sure why this has been made into such a huge fuss. 

This always makes me smile.

John Findlay
2 hours ago, Chimp said:

The person asking the questions is a female.

Remember Walter Smith with Chick Young in the tunnel at Ibrox?

Jim McLean with John Barnes?

Alex Ferguson with any number of journalists you care to mention?

Rodgers wasn't sexist or anything else, apart from being rude. 

People again trying to make mountains out of molehills.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

See previous post. 

58 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Even big Ange was a condescending and patronising git towards reporters when he was at Celtic (and still is) when he feels he's being asked a daft question. You're right, rude is probably as far as you'd go with it, he's hardly called her something awful or been downright nasty. Folk need to get off their high horse and relax a little, it's pathetic.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Correct, the only person who can be offended by his comments, Jane Lewis hasn't made anything of it yet every man, woman and dog has suddenly gotten offended on her behalf and all while using ageist terms like dinosaur towards Brenda. 

Brenda is an arrogant arse but it was patronising without necessarily being sexist. 

Ricardo Quaresma
4 hours ago, Rampant said:

You do realise by reimagining this as a scenario where he says 'good lad' to Jonathan Sutherland, you are changing the context of the situation?  In fact, you're changing the words even, lad to girl...

Would you like to get to whatever point you're attempting to make?

Dennis Denuto
7 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Correct, the only person who can be offended by his comments, Jane Lewis hasn't made anything of it yet every man, woman and dog has suddenly gotten offended on her behalf and all while using ageist terms like dinosaur towards Brenda. 

Brenda is an arrogant arse but it was patronising without necessarily being sexist. 

Jane Lewis has to work in that envornment though, she can't come out and slate him if she still needs access to Celtic for stories and content. It is up to everyone else to call this out for her.

What he said was well out of order and he should be appologising for it at the next press conference.

12 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

20 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

Would you like to get to whatever point you're attempting to make?

OK I'll spell it out.

You noted it would be unfair to strip the context out of Rodgers words, despite the fact that you had stripped the context out of his words yourself.

I think that is hypocritical, and therefore an unreasonable position to take.

Let me know if you have any futher questions.

1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Jane Lewis has to work in that envornment though, she can't come out and slate him if she still needs access to Celtic for stories and content. It is up to everyone else to call this out for her.

What he said was well out of order and he should be appologising for it at the next press conference.

He doesn't have an apology in him. He's far too smug and arrogant for that.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Rampant said:

OK I'll spell it out.

You noted it would be unfair to strip the context out of Rodgers words, despite the fact that you had stripped the context out of his words yourself.

Explain how I stripped the context?

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Dennis Denuto said:

If the person directly involved isn't in the least offended why is it everyone else's job to be offended on her behalf. 

Lewis is an experienced, and IMO, one of the better reporters, and I'm sure has come across far worse without being bothered in the slightest 

OmiyaHearts

Lots of pointless mens opinions on this thread.

Speak to your partner, female friend Or family member. Most, if not all, will think its out of order. And that's the only opinions that matter, really.

He's 100% rattled. Feeling the pressure big time. Can't ****ing wait til we pump them silly next weekend! 

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Rampant said:

OK I'll spell it out.

If it had been Chris McLaughlin interviewing and he had cut him off with the words ‘good man’ would it have been an issue to you. 

Sounded really patronising to me rather than sexist. He would be fuming if someone spoke to his daughter like that in her work place.

Pasquale for King
20 hours ago, been here before said:

Not according to that article it isnt.

Calling her "good girl" was just one part of a wider, more prolonged sexual harrassment award.

In which she won her case so does that not show you shouldn’t say that?

Pasquale for King
19 hours ago, Ked said:

A fekin toad yet some dingles look to defend him.

While in jest I want Rodgers hounded for it to post a link where obvious harassment had took place and focus on one word is even worse than the snowflakery the poster is against.

@Pasquale for King

Get a grip 

Join us in the 21st century, you may even like it..

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, Dennis Denuto said:

Exactly, yet hes come out and said that society has a problem, yeah old fashioned ***** like him. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Syd said:

Sounded really patronising to me rather than sexist. He would be fuming if someone spoke to his daughter like that in her work place.

Or either of his wives.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

He's 100% rattled. Feeling the pressure big time. Can't ****ing wait til we pump them silly next weekend! 

Absolutely 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Lots of pointless mens opinions on this thread.

Speak to your partner, female friend Or family member. Most, if not all, will think its out of order. And that's the only opinions that matter, really.

Spot on 

been here before
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Exactly, yet hes come out and said that society has a problem, yeah old fashioned ***** like him. 

Any more newspaper articles for us tonight?

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, been here before said:

Any more newspaper articles for us tonight?

For you to get confused about? Sorry If this century is a bit too much for you to comprehend, go and ask a female member of your family or a co-worker what they think. I couldn’t care less what any of you dinosaurs believe tbh. 

been here before
13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

For you to get confused about? Sorry If this century is a bit too much for you to comprehend, go and ask a female member of your family or a co-worker what they think. I couldn’t care less what any of you dinosaurs believe tbh. 

I was thinking more along the lines of you making another bullshit claim that your article didnt even state.

It gave a few of us a fair chuckle.

Post another but maybe try reading it this time :rofl: