• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Sir PH

• John Findlay

• Benny Klack

1971fozzy

Guy is a rocket who’s taking the Celtic tantrum. I hate both cheeks but I really will love his and their supports tears and snorters when they win zero.

self entitled is an understatement.

And we have a fabulous opportunity to end it next Sunday. What a chance

Edited by 1971fozzy

Armageddon

I’m not fussed about the interview, but there will be an absolute pile on re the ‘Good Girl’ comment and I’m not for that at all, I wish we lived in a world where we could just tell folk to **** off.

Fingers crossed we end his time this weekend 🙏🏼

If carlsberg did rivals...

Once he's booted from Celtic, I think he will end up taking the big bucks in Saudi Arabia, unless Liverpool want him back to replace Klopp 😁

jonnyinfo

Yeah, so I'd tell a lass if she was a good girl if I'd met her on tinder or fetlife 😄 but only if we obviously had a load of chat beforehand and we'd established some boundaries first, I kinda wanted to defend Rogers and not be a snowflake but he's actually being super creepy 🤮

jamboinglasgow

On top of it being a very poor comment from Rodgers, it makes me more optimistic about next Sunday's game. He is clearly rattled, Celtic got out of jail today, last week showed they are venerable. If we play like we can (like when we beat them) and not how we played yesterday, then there is every chance we could get something from that game.

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

On top of it being a very poor comment from Rodgers, it makes me more optimistic about next Sunday's game. He is clearly rattled, Celtic got out of jail today, last week showed they are venerable. If we play like we can (like when we beat them) and not how we played yesterday, then there is every chance we could get something from that game.

A classic spell-check funny? 😆

Screenshot_20240226_024145_Google.jpg

jamboinglasgow
5 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

A classic spell-check funny? 😆

Screenshot_20240226_024145_Google.jpg

Yeah using spell check without checking what I picked, vulnerable is what I meant.

Weird guy, if he was chocolate he’d eat himself despite looking like a Jim Henson creation

I think he is a very dislikable character and a bit of a weirdo . Just to play devils advocate for a second though , if an older manager such as Warnock had said “ luv “ or something similar to her , then I expect there would be a lot less fuss despite the equally condescending intent

I actually hope the reporter spins this back at him and uses a patronising term of endearment for him at him at his next press conference . Dollface or Hun would be amusing  

ArcticJambo

No different had he used 'good boy'.  He's basically saying you're just another junior stooge trying to tease out the same old shit, as discussed with the producer/ the editor/the boss. Agree with the poster about just being able to have a right go at these parasites.

What’s this narrative pish he’s managed to get in his head btw? Must have been planning to use that zinger all week as he said it in two different interviews.

Does he think that he’s coming under criticism from their fans and the media because of some sort of ulterior motive? He’s taken what was a very dominant team and it looks like they’re on course for zero trophies for the first time in god knows how long

Edited by BigAlim

Bob Loblaw
5 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

No different had he used 'good boy'.  He's basically saying you're just another junior stooge trying to tease out the same old shit, as discussed with the producer/ the editor/the boss. Agree with the poster about just being able to have a right go at these parasites.

It wasn't a young lassie though, was it not Jane Lewis? She's a senior reporter and he'll know who she is. It's 100%. 

Neither was her line of questioning put of order, it was relevant. He knows exactly what he's doing. He's a slimy prick and always has been. Hope we leather them next week.

ArcticJambo
Just now, Bob Loblaw said:

It wasn't a young lassie though, was it not Jane Lewis? She's a senior reporter and he'll know who she is. It's 100%. 

Neither was her line of questioning put of order, it was relevant. He knows exactly what he's doing. He's a slimy prick and always has been. Hope we leather them next week.

I agree with the I hope we leather them bit. I'm never sticking up fotr the media, Bob. :thumbsup:

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

Spot on.  He used gender in a patronising way to try to put her down (and he knows the context of doing that in football).

Bob Loblaw
Just now, ArcticJambo said:

I agree with the I hope we leather them bit. I'm never sticking up fotr the media, Bob. :thumbsup:

I get being wary of the media. I don't get giving them shite and abusing your position because you don't like them questioning some kind of conspiracy he's created. 

ArcticJambo

I get being wary of the media. I don't get giving them shite and abusing your position because you don't like them questioning some kind of conspiracy he's created. 

Frankly, I really couldn't care about this storm in a tea cup.  The sub heading misogyny is a bit of a stretch, I geddit he Selticky but he's simply thought **** off and patronised her, off camera/interview (I believe, I didn't read the whole story tbqh).  Who hasn't been patronised, or wanted to patronised some ***** that's patently looking for a rise out of you.

Take a step back, it's **** all!

He's an arrogant prick, even his answer that lead up to the comment that we all know what he's talking about :laugh:

Sounds like a proper Celtic Da with his waffling at times.

joondalupjambo

Ok so if he had simply ended the interview with "Cheers lass, thanks" is that fine or "Cheers mate, thanks" or "Cheers pal, thanks".  I get confused as to what is acceptable in this day and age.  When out now I need to ask my son what to say half the time before I open my gob.

Clearly the good girl bit is condensending and reads like he knew exactly what he was doing.

Edited by joondalupjambo

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
13 minutes ago, joondalupjambo said:

Ok so if he had simply ended the interview with "Cheers lass, thanks" is that fine or "Cheers mate, thanks" or "Cheers pal, thanks".  I get confused as to what is acceptable in this day and age.  When out now I need to ask my son what to say half the time before I open my gob.

Clearly the good girl bit is condensending and reads like he knew exactly what he was doing.

For 99% of people, you’ve answered your own question.

I have a female boss, she’s 10 years younger than me and she’s had to work really hard to get where she is.  She takes no prisoners if people are being sexist.  If I hold the door open for her, she totally understands that’s just a courtesy that I’ve been brought up with kicking in, and takes zero offence.

It’s not as hard as people make out to know right from wrong.

John Findlay
10 hours ago, Armageddon said:

I’m not fussed about the interview, but there will be an absolute pile on re the ‘Good Girl’ comment and I’m not for that at all, I wish we lived in a world where we could just tell folk to **** off.

Fingers crossed we end his time this weekend 🙏🏼

I wonder if there would be the same stooshie, if it had been a male reporter and he had used the phrase good lad?

I think not. Storm in a tea cup.

The narrative in football at this time seems to be the that you cannot criticise women full stop.

I don't care much for Brendan Rogers, I care even less for Celtic football club.

But I get majorly pissed off that women are getting a free ride in jobs that men get criticised constantly in.

samgolden

Remember Brian Cloughs remark Young Man when he was being interviewed no one took offence as did the interviewer in this case but Someone took offence so let’s dramatise it and stigmatise Rodger’s 

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I wonder if there would be the same stooshie, if it had been a male reporter and he had used the phrase good lad?

The narrative in football at this time seems to be the that you cannot criticise women full stop.

I don't care much for Brendan Rogers, I care even less for Celtic football club.

But I get majorly pissed off that women are getting a free ride in jobs that men get criticised constantly in.

For a lot of people “good girl” is bedroom talk which may be why it comes across as more creepy than condescending for some. Why that is the case is a whole different topic of conversation!

Gorgierools
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

John, you want to try being in the armed forces nowadays. It's an absolute minefield. I know several massively experienced,top top people who are banging out in frustration.

If carlsberg did rivals...

If he called a male reporter "good lad" would anyone bat an eyelid?

Gorgierools
1 minute ago, BigAlim said:

For a lot of people “good girl” is bedroom talk which may be why it comes across as more creepy than condescending for some. Why that is the case is a whole different topic of conversation!

I say it to my dogs quite a lot, though seldom In a bedroom type scenario

hmfcbilly
9 hours ago, jonnyinfo said:

Yeah, so I'd tell a lass if she was a good girl if I'd met her on tinder or fetlife 😄 but only if we obviously had a load of chat beforehand and we'd established some boundaries first, I kinda wanted to defend Rogers and not be a snowflake but he's actually being super creepy 🤮

I'd say more patronising than creepy tbh but just wreaks of him throwing his toys out the pram. I'm more concerned (after listening to the voice clip) of his poor use of basic English. There's a story being 'writ' about this group 🤦🤣🤣

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Good girl, bedroom talk. That's some leap you've made there.

26 minutes ago, If carlsberg did rivals... said:

If he called a male reporter "good lad" would anyone bat an eyelid?

I reckon if he called a male reporter "good boy" people would still think he's being a patronising prick.

It's also whataboutery because he didn't, and to my knowledge hasn't. Which I think in itself is revealing.

Edited by Taffin

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Good girl, bedroom talk. That's some leap you've made there.

Just trying to think why it would be classed as creepy rather than patronising 

5 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I reckon if he called a male reporter "good boy" people would still think he's being a patronising prick.

It's also whataboutery because he didn't, and to my knowledge hasn't. Which I think in itself is revealing.

:spoton:

'There's a good boy' is very condescending.

ford donald
11 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I would love to end his second spell here next Sunday. 

I think he is on his way out at Celtic,end of season.

This is the first bit of pressure he's faced in all the time he's been manager of Celtic, and he doesn't appear to be handling it very well. I get the impression he doesn't really want to be there and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he leaves in the summer. 

hmfc_liam06

Seems some are struggling to understand what patronising means, instead getting themselves in a flap over gender.

Wouldn't have happened in the good old days!

5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Seems some are struggling to understand what patronising means, instead getting themselves in a flap over gender.

Wouldn't have happened in the good old days!

Bad old days !

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, DaveyT said:

Bad old days !

No no Davey, everything was perfect in the good old days. You got to say whatever you wanted.

Must admit,heard the interview and never thought anything about it at the time and I don't think many people did.Might be worth finding out if the person he said it to had an issue with it.

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, joondalupjambo said:

His heart really doesn't seem to be in it, guess it's not as much fun this time around for him. Fingers crossed for a result on Sunday that adds to his woes.

Edited by Japan Jambo

46 minutes ago, Sir PH said:

This is the first bit of pressure he's faced in all the time he's been manager of Celtic, and he doesn't appear to be handling it very well. I get the impression he doesn't really want to be there and I wouldn't be at all surprised if he leaves in the summer. 

Hopefully sacked after sunday

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

John, you want to try being in the armed forces nowadays. It's an absolute minefield. I know several massively experienced,top top people who are banging out in frustration.

Wouldn't go near the armed forces nowadays with a bargepole.

Ex member of the SaS

I understand why people get upset with this these days, so thank feck I'm old, you can't even ask a female for a date these days without " weeks " of agreeing boundaries!