*** Official Heart of Midlothian v Hibernian Match day thread ( PPV available )***

Bazzas right boot

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

Think we have to accept that Hibs are a good team now

You accept that if you want. We weren't that great and they still couldn't win. They were shit before tonight and will be shut after tonight.

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Their new signings are for once as good as advertised. I think we're still a better team and we should have done much better today but they played well on the attacking end.

Sleepy head
2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Brutal game full of wrong decisions. Vargas had a mare when he could have been goals. swaggering about with 2 derby Assists

Neither team deserved more than a point there. 

FTFY. If he hadn't been so greedy and had any awareness.

SwindonJambo

Surely something has to be done about all the shite being chucked on from the Roseburn? They have so much recent previous for it. Some netting shouldn't cost too much.

ScandinavianJambo

I am not looking forward to the Celtic game at this stage...we need much, much, much more then this....

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

They were better on the night imo. Their set pieces were a country mile better than ours. We were so poor tonight and we didn’t lose. Tells you everything about our scummy neighbours. Get it right effin roond them.

Hibs look a half decent team now but let’s be honest, it was mostly down to the two loan players who really should be nowhere near Hibs. And they won’t be next season. 

Just now, Sleepy head said:

Also very true. Grant was raging with him, it was an easy square ball. 

Doesn't look up enough. He needs it drilled into him if he's going to improve. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I wish i was, but unfortunately, i'm just depressed and sick of watching Hearts. 

Give us all a test and stop then. 

ScandinavianJambo
1 minute ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Their new signings are for once as good as advertised. I think we're still a better team and we should have done much better today but they played well on the attacking end.

Unfortunately I have to agree. Their European players did well tonight, but not well enough to win...

spacerjoe
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

I wish i was, but unfortunately, i'm just depressed and sick of watching Hearts. 

You wish you were delighted by one of our best players being injured?

You're sick of watching a team who've lost 2 games in the last, what, 14 or something?

Ok, stealth.

Lack of options up top.   Forrest and Vargas not on it tonight.   Good movement and everything but needed to setup Shankland or play a simple pass to a teammate. 

I would probably have gambled on Tagawa and Pollock.   

I'll take the draw and Aberdeen pumped at home 2-0 by St Johnstone :rofl:

SoMarkDevriesy

That was pretty shocking, HIbs looked the superior team. Marcondes and Maolida are unfortunately very good players at this level and are certainly better players than the likes of Scott and Fraser. 

We seemed to lack composure all over the pitch -  Vargas, Cochrane, Atkinson and even the Hoff a few times in the second half providing examples. 

Last ditch defending was good although in general HIbs caused us to many problems defensively  culminating in 20 shots and a seemingly innumerable amount of corners. 

Got away with one and extended our lead in third but struggling to derive any feelings of positivity after that.

Edited by SoMarkDevriesy
Spelling

maltese jambo

Think Shankland should be having a look at his performance tonight. Way off the pace and the pace was shit anyway.

Generally, should have been more positive and faster with the passing- think a few of them still in shock from getting gubbed the other day.

alicante jambo
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Greedy just being a troll mate. Idiots been at it all night winding folk up. We played shite and still drew with them which they will say is possibly the best they have played this season. Greedy spewing hibs are still miles behind us.

ScandinavianJambo
2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Surely something has to be done about all the shite being chucked on from the Roseburn? They have so much recent previous for it. Some netting shouldn't cost too much.

Yep, that's my thought exactly. Only way to stop it as it had been going on for years. 

Cruickie's Moustache

Nothing to write home about.

Standard Derby fare.

However a point in the bag and none of the challengers for 3rd gaining any ground.

Yes disappointing in terms of performance but let's face it, you could be a Don's fan!!

Realistic reviewed needed.  Back to the drawing board for the next game and on we march. 

Glass half full. 

Edited by Cruickie's Moustache

alicante jambo
2 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Didnt think Forrest let himself down tonight. 

Motm for me.

Greedy Jambo
3 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I gave you all a test and most of you failed. 

Australis

Zander Clark kept us in the game.

He deserves lots of credit tonight.

We looked, stale, tired and a team going through the motions.

Really disappointing effort.

Fitzroy Pointon
1 minute ago, maltese jambo said:

Think Shankland should be having a look at his performance tonight. Way off the pace and the pace was shit anyway.

Generally, should have been more positive and faster with the passing- think a few of them still in shock from getting gubbed the other day.

Hibs defended well in fairness to them. I can't really see much wrong with Shankland's performance. Great composure for his penalty as well. 

SM Sheffield
3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Lack of options up top.   Forrest and Vargas not on it tonight.   Good movement and everything but needed to setup Shankland or play a simple pass to a teammate. 

I would probably have gambled on Tagawa and Pollock.   

I'll take the draw and Aberdeen pumped at home 2-0 by St Johnstone :rofl:

Thought Forrest was decent. Won the penalty with his run and caused problems with his runs and cutting inside. Vargas agreed not on it today. 

Sleepy head
4 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Also very true. Grant was raging with him, it was an easy square ball. 

Doesn't look up enough. He needs it drilled into him if he's going to improve. 

Shankland is getting increasingly browned off with his wastefulness when others are in good position.

Geoff Kilpatrick
7 minutes ago, Sleepy head said:

He was offside for his sclaff so the point is moot.

HeartsandonlyHearts
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

I won't be starting another "knee Jerk" thread tonight, i'm tired with it all. 

Loser

Scott980612

Hearts looked absolutely knackered last 10 

poor performance tonight. 

Vargas had his boots on wrong feet, so wasteful. 

set pieces were poor. 

A point , but nothing to get excited about tonight 

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Eh no!! They’re 7th in the league, behind Dundee, 2 points ahead of Motherwell.  How does that equate to a good team?  We were mince tonight and they still couldn’t beat us.  Must be shite being a Hibs fan. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I gave you all a test and most of you failed. 

Nah, you are trolling Hearts fans after seeing your mob grab an away point. Now you're trying to backtrack after blowing your account.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I won't be starting another "knee Jerk" thread tonight, i'm tired with it all. 

Because you got roasted the last time.

1971fozzy
7 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I’ve said it before. Either ban them or put nets up. Animals and scum

1874Jambo
7 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Lock them out, scummiest support in the league 

I was all for the trade off with Hibs for the full away stand. But after tonight’s antics they can do one. Give them the 500 odd we give the old firm. 

ScandinavianJambo

We need to be better and play better then that in the top six. It is time to show some mettel and go back to the drawing board. Far too many long balls, which concerns me as Naismith said he wanted us to play more like Rangers did last week. That did not work at all. When we retained the ball we looked much more composed. Do not try to fix something that wasn't broken....

1971fozzy

I’ll take that point and run thanks. No harm done but Fek me that wasn’t great. Hibs looked very dangerous up front tbf. 
another unbeaten against them but disappointing to only take 2 from 6 points at home from them

Important not to lose after the knock the confidence took at Ibrox. Wrong choices in midfield I thought.

Sleepy head
1 minute ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

He was offside for his sclaff so the point is moot.

Wasn't talking about that one.There was two others where he could have played the ball inside. Not just this match either.

AlimOzturk

Yep. Two rows for Hibs fans from now on. **** them if they can’t behave themselves. 

absolute vile bunch of losers   

Pans Jambo

2 really good save by big Z tonight. 
Forest and Calem were excellent. 
Vargas could and should have done better but I’m not gonna slate him. 
We need to spend money on our midfield and a RB in the summer.