Shamima Begum

Hagar the Horrible

Lord Montpelier
23 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

We should accept her back and send Aamer Anwar to Syria imo.

Fair swap

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• il Duce McTarkin

• hughesie27

• JudyJudyJudy

15 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

I remember a Home Secretary, whose name I can't remember, saying they had evidence of things she had been involved in, which if made public, would show why the government don't want her back in the UK. 

Maybe they think that the evidence isn't strong enough for a court of law, or that revealing the evidence would threaten the security of the source that it came from. She's almost certain to have seen some terrible acts of violence that ISIS carried out, whether she was directly involved or not.

Would she be able to live safely from retribution in this country, after her release into UK society? Probably not.

What she actually done would help a lot of people decide on whether she should return or nor. Maybe there is conclusive evidence of why she shouldn’t return, other than what is public knowledge but vague unsubstantiated chat  from a Tory politician  is as likely to be false as it is true imo. 

hughesie27

If she is such a high threat to the UK due to her Terrorist connections. Surely she's a much smaller threat rotting in a UK jail that roaming about freely in Syria?

SectionDJambo
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

but vague unsubstantiated chat  from a Tory politician  is as likely to be false as it is true imo. 

I agree.

This is the worst thing, generally, about the last 5 years, in particular, of UK politics. We don’t know whether we can trust what too many of them tell us.

Gundermann
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

No disrespect but that’s not what I asked. You said she was groomed so specific to her, how was she groomed?  What was the process and how do we determine what is grooming and what is more people actively looking to join ISIS?  

How TF would we know? 

Gundermann
2 hours ago, BlueRiver said:

She didn't go on "holiday" and have a couple of chats though did she. 

Anyway. If Shooter only has and is only entitled to UK citizenship then the decision to revoke it would be found unlawful.  Simples as that. 

Because she didn't go on holiday, she wasn't a child??!

Shooter McGavin
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

Nobody is welcoming her back with open arms.

You're other comparisons area bit pointless, you can do all those things but are deemed too immature to place a vote on who you think should run the country for another 2 years. One of the most clear and defining ways of expressing your citizenship. But that's taken away from her for a decision she made at 15.

I’d much rather the tax money that would inevitably be spent on her surveillance, security, housing her or jailing her etc, was spent on youngsters here who haven’t previously joined a terrorist organisation, to be honest.

4 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

How TF would we know? 

I never said ‘we’ would know. So if we accept we don’t have the facts it’s really ****ing stupid to have a strong opinion on it. 

Lord Montpelier
12 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

If she is such a high threat to the UK due to her Terrorist connections. Surely she's a much smaller threat rotting in a UK jail that roaming about freely in Syria?

You going to pay for her to stay in a UK jail then ? I'm not 

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I’d much rather the tax money that would inevitably be spent on her surveillance, security, housing her or jailing her etc, was spent on youngsters here who haven’t previously joined a terrorist organisation, to be honest.

The two need not be mutually exclusive.

On the contrary, Begum may prove an invaluable resource for security services and social services faced with the prospect of other youngsters here who haven’t previously joined a terrorist organisation, but may be so inclined for whatever reason.

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

You're already paying for much, much worse than Begum. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, cannonfoda said:

Currently working in a secure unit.  It's an eye opener. 

Anyway - agree to disagree with majority on this subject but at least we've that option.  

Oh and f#£k the Huns tomorrow!!!!   Going with 1-3 shankland hattrick 

Thought the secure units were closed in Edinburgh ? That’s if you live here ?

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I'm sure big Humza will be along soon enough to offer her asylum in this fine progressive country he's building. 

💯 he would 

1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Always seems to be those with scottish nationalist credentials that empathise with terrorists. 

It was duly noted by myself too . Quelle surprise 

17 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

She’s had uk tax payers money wasted on her 

Lord Montpelier
5 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

You're already paying for much, much worse than Begum. 

I know. And we don't need one person more on top of that. 

il Duce McTarkin
5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

So if we accept we don’t have the facts it’s really ****ing stupid to have a strong opinion on it. 

It's not really stupid, Gin. At times we need to take the reductionist approach and strip away all the emotion and politics that surround the issue. Bearing in mind that this is not an existential conundrum, you can ask yourself two questions, answer them honestly, and build an opinion from that starting point.

What kind of moral being am I, and what kind of society do we want to be?

There are the ISIS' of this world, Gin, and there are those that should rightly oppose them, but 'he who fights with monsters' should never be far from our minds.

Shooter McGavin
6 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

The two need not be mutually exclusive.

On the contrary, Begum may prove an invaluable resource for security services and social services faced with the prospect of other youngsters here who haven’t previously joined a terrorist organisation, but may be so inclined for whatever reason.

That’s a fair point, and I accept where you’re coming from in that regard. They clearly feel that she carries too much of a risk to bother getting back for intel, or use in some kind of anti-extremism initiative.

If she was brought back, I think the chances of her living a normal life are practically zero.

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

If she was brought back, I think the chances of her living a normal life are practically zero.

And rightly so.

hughesie27
12 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

A price worth paying to protect British lives, no? 

Edited by hughesie27

2 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

It's not really stupid, Gin. At times we need to take the reductionist approach and strip away all the emotion and politics that surround the issue. Bearing in mind that this is not an existential conundrum, you can ask yourself two questions, answer them honestly, and build an opinion from that starting point.

What kind of moral being am I, and what kind of society do we want to be?

There are the ISIS' of this world, Gin, and there are those that should rightly oppose them, but 'he who fights with monsters' should never be far from our minds.

Entirely fair but for me there are just too many unanswered questions. The reason I think they are unanswered isn’t for reasons of national security but more to do with the facts, as they are known now, coupled with the decision to exile her are a people pleaser as far as voters are concerned. Just my take. 

il Duce McTarkin
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

The reason I think they are unanswered isn’t for reasons of national security but more to do with the facts, as they are known now, coupled with the decision to exile her are a people pleaser as far as voters are concerned. Just my take. 

That's not an unreasonable take, tbf. 👍

cannonfoda
17 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Thought the secure units were closed in Edinburgh ? That’s if you live here ?

💯 he would 

It was duly noted by myself too . Quelle surprise 

She’s had uk tax payers money wasted on her 

Secure as in locked unit at one of the hospitals

Lord Montpelier
14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

A price worth paying to protect British lives, no? 

We are well protected with her 1000s of miles away under the watchful eye of our fine intelligence services

Honesty some of the nats on here might as well sign up for affiliate memberships with the green brigade.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

We are well protected with her 1000s of miles away under the watchful eye of our fine intelligence services

Honesty some of the nats on here might as well sign up for affiliate memberships with the green brigade.

:rofl:

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

On here as in Kickback, or on here as in this thread?

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

On here as in Kickback, or on here as in this thread?

Take your pick

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

I. Know. 

8 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

Ok 👍 

5 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

What are we being protected from? 

hughesie27
6 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

So happy to be spending money on intelligence tabs on her. Gotcha.

Dawnrazor

All this wooly, namby pampy pish, shoot the horrible cntu right in the pus🤬

Lord Montpelier
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

So happy to be spending money on intelligence tabs on her. Gotcha.

Absolutely.  A million times better than having her anywhere in the UK becoming some kind of pin up girl for extremism / terrorist sympathisers on these shores. 

15 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

Apologies. Misunderstood your post. 

Edited by GinRummy

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

I remember a Home Secretary, whose name I can't remember, saying they had evidence of things she had been involved in, which if made public, would show why the government don't want her back in the UK. 

Maybe they think that the evidence isn't strong enough for a court of law, or that revealing the evidence would threaten the security of the source that it came from. She's almost certain to have seen some terrible acts of violence that ISIS carried out, whether she was directly involved or not.

Would she be able to live safely from retribution in this country, after her release into UK society? Probably not.

It was Sajid Javid who said it if I recall.

Every court case has heard the evidence that the government/security services has on her behind closed doors in private and no media present and every court has found against her, I'm not saying that the evidence made a difference in the courts decision, because I don't know what that evidence is, but....

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

It was Sajid Javid who said it if I recall.

Every court case has heard the evidence that the government/security services has on her behind closed doors in private and no media present and every court has found against her, I'm not saying that the evidence made a difference in the courts decision, because I don't know what that evidence is, but....

If she was that much of a danger she'd have been Navalnyd on the q.t. yonks ago.

il Duce McTarkin
13 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

All this wooly, namby pampy pish, shoot the horrible cntu right in the pus🤬

You can show off all you like but I'm not improving your day-rate.

Dawnrazor
Just now, il Duce McTarkin said:

You can show off all you like but I'm not improving your day-rate.

If you just add a Macaroon Bar to your initial offer of a bottle of Tizer and and a family size pack of Tunnocks Caramel Wafers I'd be in.

Dawnrazor
10 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

If she was that much of a danger she'd have been Navalnyd on the q.t. yonks ago.

I don't think she, personally, would be a threat, more that she'd be seen a returning hero to some, encouraging bam pots to coalesce around her and encouraging, potentially, extreme acts of violence here, the last thing anyone needs is some totemic poster girl arriving back.

il Duce McTarkin
38 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I don't think she, personally, would be a threat, more that she'd be seen a returning hero to some, encouraging bam pots to coalesce around her and encouraging, potentially, extreme acts of violence here, the last thing anyone needs is some totemic poster girl arriving back.

You're inclined to view things through the lens of worse case scenarios, eh Dawn'. A true product of Thatchers Scotland indeed, for better or worse. :lol:

Good lad, though, the tizer and caramel wafers are yours, but only complete psychos get the macaroon.

Dawnrazor
6 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

You're inclined to view things through the lens of worse case scenarios, eh Dawn'. A true product of Thatchers Scotland indeed, for better or worse:lol:

Good lad, though, the tizer and caramel wafers are yours, but only complete psychos get the macaroon.

Probably not far from the mark, but, if she came back do you think she'd held up as a symbol of peace, reconciliation and progress?

4 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Probably not far from the mark, but, if she came back do you think she'd held up as a symbol of peace, reconciliation and progress?

She’d probably just go to jail and that would pretty much be that other than The Guardian having occasional campaigns for her release. 

Edited by GinRummy

Dawnrazor
Just now, GinRummy said:

She’s probably just go to jail and that would pretty much be that other than The Guardian having occasional campaigns for her release. 

I doubt that, not the going to jail bit, the pretty much better that bit.

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I doubt that, not the going to jail bit, the pretty much better that bit.

I just don’t see anything else. No way of proving it but it’s not as if she’s some top dog of Islamic state. They’ve tried to kill her after all. She’s turned her back on them to achieve her goal of returning to Britain. 

BlueRiver
2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

Because she didn't go on holiday, she wasn't a child??!

Not the point I was addressing but you go off. 

fabienleclerq

Bit torn on the issue tbh, she's made her bed and wants to now come crawling back because they lost. She's vermin and I have no sympathy for her 

However, I'm not sure the precedent of making her stateless a healthy thing for us. What happens when they do it to the next person who's politics the government don't like? All a bit putin for me.

il Duce McTarkin
14 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I think she'd be off to the clink to dissappear from the public conciousness, like the myriad other assorted scumbags we keep banged up. Having her hang out with her buddies in Syria launching appeals every now and again gives anyone with an agenda oxygen - as the existence of this thread attests.

Des Lynam
1 minute ago, fabienleclerq said:

Bit torn on the issue tbh, she's made her bed and wants to now come crawling back because they lost. She's vermin and I have no sympathy for her 

However, I'm not sure the precedent of making her stateless a healthy thing for us. What happens when they do it to the next person who's politics the government don't like? All a bit putin for me.

It's nothing like Putin. 

I doubt many folk had given her any thought until her appeal surfaced on the news this week. 

fabienleclerq
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It's nothing like Putin. 

I doubt many folk had given her any thought until her appeal surfaced on the news this week. 

I hadn't no, if she finds herself in front of a sniper in the near future I wouldn't much either. 

Dangerous precedent to set making her stateless regardless.

Des Lynam
2 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I hadn't no, if she finds herself in front of a sniper in the near future I wouldn't much either. 

There is no doubt my empathetic side feels a little sympathy for her but by this time next week she'll be old news and forgotten. 

If i was advising her i would have her burn the Islamic state flag on camera. 

Dawnrazor
20 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I refer you to my initial point.

Gundermann
1 hour ago, BlueRiver said:

Not the point I was addressing but you go off. 

You could address any random point but the fact remains, she was a child. She was vulnerable and was, so it seems, abused because of that.

il Duce McTarkin

She needs her head chopped off with an axe imo.

Edited by il Duce McTarkin

Once she got out of prison here she would be given a new identity. Theres absolutely zero chance she'd be able to rejoin normal society.

Hard choice for the government but it was the correct one imo. Its no like the government wanted to be in this situation.