Shamima Begum

Hagar the Horrible

Hagar the Horrible

Just about to learn her fate 

The Court of Appeal is just about to begin her fate,  She could have her citizenship removed

In her defence she was 15, and it is illegal to have no Citizenship, but she could have claimed Bangladeshi but didnt, if she loses, she will remain in a camp in Syria for the rest of her life,  If she wins its a security concern for us,  She gave up being British to be Islamic State, albeit its unrecognised,  But that went Pete Tong in 2019.

Her pals were killed (1 confirmed)  she could have been taken out I am sure, but perhaps she is a better deterrent in our view?  

So if she wins should she be jailed or not?  Should we care?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• il Duce McTarkin

• hughesie27

• JudyJudyJudy

hughesie27

She shouldn't have had her citizenship removed. 

She should serve whatever jail sentence is deemed appropriate.

Dawnrazor
3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

She should be shot in the face.

Hagar the Horrible
1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

She formally gave that up herself when she joined ISIL. She is free to find another country

Who is paying for this?  How can she afford these lawyers?

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, FWJ said:

I wonder how much hand-wringing there would be if it were a young man.

Not as much as there is over a young female. Equality is a bitch at times.

JudyJudyJudy
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Not as much as there is over a young female. Equality is a bitch at times.

👍👍

34 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I suppose it's determined by how much of a threat she actually poses to national security and what evidence they have of this. I don't expect she poses that extreme a threat, but I'm not convinced she should be rehabilitated at the cost of the taxpayer either.  The cynic in me wonders if she is actually remorseful for her actions or if she just wanted to return because their regime was falling apart.

Des Lynam

Apparently the media have some appalling stories on what she did with her time in the short lived caliphate. 

She chose her fate. 

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, Bender said:

I suppose it's determined by how much of a threat she actually poses to national security and what evidence they have of this. I don't expect she poses that extreme a threat, but I'm not convinced she should be rehabilitated at the cost of the taxpayer either.  The cynic in me wonders if she is actually remorseful for her actions or if she just wanted to return because their regime was falling apart.

Nothing to do with the details though she was clearly a big supporter of ISIS.

It's about sending a message. Making people think twice about supporting ISIS.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nothing to do with the details though she was clearly a big supporter of ISIS.

It's about sending a message. Making people think twice about supporting ISIS.

I agree they're definitely making her an example here. But they have to have a lot more weight behind the argument than just "she supports ISIS, strip her of her citizenship!" for the judgement to stick. I don't necessarily disagree with the verdict myself, but there must be some pretty compelling evidence of her being a threat to our security for this measure to be deemed legal.

hughesie27
15 minutes ago, Bender said:

She is and was a stupid wee lassie who left the country because some older boys promised her the world. All her terrorist pals are long gone and from what has been shared in the media she was never involved in any terrorist activity. Was likely sexually exploited, but too stupid enough to show any form of remorse or regret to help her case in coming home.

Removing someone's citizenship over this is a very dangerous slippery slope started by the Gov.

Edited by hughesie27

People have strong views on her, I know I have. Apparently the UK government and other governments hold compelling evidence as to why she should no longer be regarded a UK citizen. If she is so innocent, and has been treated so badly, and wants to return to the UK, maybe the government should just release all the factual evidence of her involvements with I.S. so that we can finally see what kind of person she really is. 

I'd be willing to bet she is a nasty piece of work and has done some appalling things. 

Mikey1874
21 minutes ago, Bender said:

I agree they're definitely making her an example here. But they have to have a lot more weight behind the argument than just "she supports ISIS, strip her of her citizenship!" for the judgement to stick. I don't necessarily disagree with the verdict myself, but there must be some pretty compelling evidence of her being a threat to our security for this measure to be deemed legal.

The risk is she becomes a leader and example for Islamic terrorism in UK. Even if she doesn't say or do anything publc, underground she would be a hero. Her supporters will know about her wholehearted support for ISIS. Government choosing not to share the evidence is to try to avoid her being a martyr and hero. 

Runs away from the west to join a terrorist organisation. Known for committing some horrendous human rights violations against individuals and groups. 

"Oh, Turns out running away and joining them wasn't a good idea. Can I come home now?" 

lmao-crying-laughing.gif

****ing rot. Dickhead. Enjoy the bed you made.

There is a part of me that is saying, she was only 15 - unbelievably stupid and naive thing to do. Clearly hadn't thought through the consequences etc. 

The other side is, that a marker needs laid down for these people that want to go join Terrorist death cults that there isn't a route back. They don't get to just go "oh that was a bad idea" and go for a pint at the Winchester and wait for it all to blow over. 

We're not jailing her for 30/40 years or taking anything away from her except her citizenship. Just basically washing our hands of her. 

I don't think this is the end of it though. 

Japan Jambo
11 minutes ago, OTT said:

There is a part of me that is saying, she was only 15 - unbelievably stupid and naive thing to do. Clearly hadn't thought through the consequences etc. 

The other side is, that a marker needs laid down for these people that want to go join Terrorist death cults that there isn't a route back. They don't get to just go "oh that was a bad idea" and go for a pint at the Winchester and wait for it all to blow over. 

We're not jailing her for 30/40 years or taking anything away from her except her citizenship. Just basically washing our hands of her. 

I don't think this is the end of it though. 

Should be, the money being wasted enriching lawyers while we collectively circle the drain could most definitely be spent better elsewhere.

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Should be, the money being wasted enriching lawyers while we collectively circle the drain could most definitely be spent better elsewhere.

I'm sure Aamer Anwar rubbing his hands together now. Born in Manchester, politically affiliated to SNP and hates UK with a passion. Don't be surprised if he appears on case

SwindonJambo

You make your bed, you lay in it. Nae luck, hen. You were a straight As student with a bright future and knew exactly what you were doing. You have chosen to piss it all up a wall with your eyes wide open so live with the consequences until your last breath.

We have to put out the message that we're not a soft touch.

IronJambo

She's one of 150 or so that have had their British citizenship removed. She's not the only British born one either. 

There was no huge media outcry when they done the same to Jack Letts. 

Jim_Duncan

She should be allowed back in. 

Spoiler

And forced to attend every Hibs match, home and away, for the rest of her life. The 21st century equivalent of sticking someone’s head on a pole. 

Jim_Duncan

One keen pro-Palestinian journalist I was speaking to recently said that he fears visiting a foreign country in case he might find his citizenship revoked upon his attempted return, such is the “hostile atmosphere” towards Muslims in the UK.

Being in polite company at the time, I neglected to ask whether or not he’d be raping and killing Yazidis on his holibobs. 

Edited by Jim_Duncan

Gundermann
4 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

"I don't like Islamists as they're violent. Not civilised like us"

Gundermann
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

She is and was a stupid wee lassie who left the country because some older boys promised her the world. All her terrorist pals are long gone and from what has been shared in the media she was never involved in any terrorist activity. Was likely sexually exploited, but too stupid enough to show any form of remorse or regret to help her case in coming home.

Removing someone's citizenship over this is a very dangerous slippery slope started by the Gov.

:spoton:

She was brainwashed as a kid. She's since lost 3 kids and god knows what else she's been through. She should probably be in a secure hospital.

18 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

She should be allowed back in. 

Hide contents

And forced to attend every Hibs match, home and away, for the rest of her life. The 21st century equivalent of sticking someone’s head on a pole. 

This is worse than Dawnrazors suggestion.

****ing animal

cannonfoda
4 hours ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

She formally gave that up herself when she joined ISIL. She is free to find another country

Who is paying for this?  How can she afford these lawyers?

She was a kid when she was groomed.  If it was your kid?  UK did badly here ripping up her citizenship - worse than NK!  

Shooter McGavin

We've all done pretty stupid things as teenagers, but I think leaving your family behind in the 1st world to travel to a third world country, so that you can join a terror group and marry an Islamic State member, is a bit beyond the pale.

Don't buy this "She was only 15 and vulnerable" argument either. If at 15 you genuinely think joining a terrorist organisation is a good decision, then there's no hope for you:rofl:

At this point, she isn't worth the hassle.

Edited by Shooter McGavin

Lord Montpelier
19 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

She was a kid when she was groomed.  If it was your kid?  UK did badly here ripping up her citizenship - worse than NK!  

100% behind the authorities on this one. Should probably happen more often. 

henrysmithsgloves
5 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Thought she already had been 🤔 by all accounts her face was left looking like a painters radio on a regular basis 😦

Edited by henrysmithsgloves

Mikey1874
49 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

She was brainwashed as a kid. She's since lost 3 kids and god knows what else she's been through. She should probably be in a secure hospital.

She's lucky there isn't the facilities to investigate the deaths of the children.

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Jim_Duncan said:

One keen pro-Palestinian journalist I was speaking to recently said that he fears visiting a foreign country in case he might find his citizenship revoked upon his attempted return, such is the “hostile atmosphere” towards Muslims in the UK.

Being in polite company at the time, I neglected to ask whether or not he’d be raping and killing Yazidis on his holibobs. 

He’s got a check , they  throw in the  gays off roofs in his country 

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

They, whoever 'they' is meant to mean, don't throw gays off of roofs in his country. 

56 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

What about the Syrian men/women/children/families that were beheaded, burnt in cages, mutilated and tortured raped in front of their families? 

If you were one of these victims How would you feel? Would you want her fired off to the UK to live a normal life? (after whatever soft punishment she'd get).

She took part and was a proud supporter right up until she got caught.

Edited by Pap

Jim_Duncan
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

He was British. 

I live in a top floor flat. Wanna come round?

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Gundermann said:

My heart bleeds pure purple piss for her.