Shamima Begum

Hagar the Horrible

cannonfoda
51 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

We've all done pretty stupid things as teenagers, but I think leaving your family behind in the 1st world to travel to a third world country, so that you can join a terror group and marry an Islamic State member, is a bit beyond the pale.

Don't buy this "She was only 15 and vulnerable" argument either. If at 15 you genuinely think joining a terrorist organisation is a good decision, then there's no hope for you:rofl:

At this point, she isn't worth the hassle.

She was a child.  Legal definition based on international law :  The UNCRC is made up of 54 articles and applies to all those aged 18 years and under. 

We screwed up by removing citizenship. 

Throwing this back on you - if you went on holiday and tried to come back but government said "nope you spoke to X y and z whilst you were away so we've cancelled your passport" what would YOU do?  

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dawnrazor

• il Duce McTarkin

• hughesie27

• JudyJudyJudy

1 hour ago, cannonfoda said:

She was a kid when she was groomed.  If it was your kid?  UK did badly here ripping up her citizenship - worse than NK!  

How do you determine if she’s been groomed or she actively sought out a way to get to the so called Islamic State?

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

He was British. 

I live in a top floor flat. Wanna come round?

IMG_7154.gif

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Australis said:

Great news she has been refused again.

Who pays for all her lawyers bills, us I suppose.

Yes those why pay taxes 

BlueRiver
20 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

She was a child.  Legal definition based on international law :  The UNCRC is made up of 54 articles and applies to all those aged 18 years and under. 

Throwing this back on you - if you went on holiday and tried to come back but government said "nope you spoke to X y and z whilst you were away so we've cancelled your passport" what would YOU do?  

She didn't go on "holiday" and have a couple of chats though did she. 

Anyway. If Shooter only has and is only entitled to UK citizenship then the decision to revoke it would be found unlawful.  Simples as that. 

Jim_Duncan
14 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_7154.gif

Just jesting! It’s only two floors up and there are so many dead gays already stacked up I’d have to launch you up the way. 

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Anyway. If Shooter only has and is only entitled to UK citizenship then the decision to revoke it would be found unlawful.  Simples as that. 

Imagine if we were an Indy Scotland and she  Scottish born ? She would be welcomed back by the usual suspects I expect 

John Findlay
30 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

No we didn't. So if an adult is deemed to be 18yrs of age, then that means children are voting in Scottish elections.

She knew fine well what she was doing.

She reaps what she sows.

Jim_Duncan
3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

IMG_4007.gif

Your mind is dirtier than a workie’s Ford Transit on a Friday afternoon. 

Jim_Duncan
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

No we didn't. So if an adult is deemed to be 18yrs of age, then that means children are voting in Scottish elections.

She reaps what she sows.

Heard she did a mean line in sewing. 

John Findlay
Just now, Jim_Duncan said:

Heard she did a mean line in sewing. 

She probably does.

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Jim_Duncan said:

Your mind is dirtier than a workie’s Ford Transit on a Friday afternoon. 

And his van is even dirtier when am in the back of it with him 

Jim_Duncan
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And his van is even dirtier when am in the back of it with him 

FFS

cannonfoda
20 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

That's where she is.... Any other citizenship is based on great grandparents which isn't legal.  

Anyway I'm not gonna win here so I'm out.

Careful what you end up with.

1 hour ago, cannonfoda said:

She was a kid when she was groomed.  If it was your kid?  UK did badly here ripping up her citizenship - worse than NK!  

Interesting take haha

cannonfoda
14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

She reaps what she sows.

Legally, yep we've got kids voting here.  

Randle P McMurphy

So are the British passport holders that have gone to join the IDF genocide of the Palestinians going to have their passports removed too?

cannonfoda
46 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

How do you determine if she’s been groomed or she actively sought out a way to get to the so called Islamic State?

The actual UK government has admitted it... The Siac court had acknowledged there was credible suspicion that Begum “was recruited, transferred and then harboured for the purpose of sexual exploitation”,

Dawnrazor
1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Thought she already had been 🤔 by all accounts her face was left looking like a painters radio on a regular basis 😦

tumblr_n0ztajkSg21qldrydo1_500.gif

Dawnrazor
2 hours ago, Gundermann said:

"I don't like Islamists as they're violent. Not civilised like us"

Never once have I claimed I'm "civilised" 

Dawnrazor
53 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

You can't seriously be comparing"going on holiday" with what she went and joined are you? Really?

3 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

The actual UK government has admitted it... The Siac court had acknowledged there was credible suspicion that Begum “was recruited, transferred and then harboured for the purpose of sexual exploitation”,

No disrespect but that’s not what I asked. You said she was groomed so specific to her, how was she groomed?  What was the process and how do we determine what is grooming and what is more people actively looking to join ISIS?  

Australis
9 minutes ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

So are the British passport holders that have gone to join the IDF genocide of the Palestinians going to have their passports removed too?

They should all get a medal.

Fighting terrorists and terrorism.

BlueRiver
12 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

That's where she is.... Any other citizenship is based on great grandparents which isn't legal.  

Well that's wrong. 

It is perfectly legal or the court would've declared it unlawful today. 

10 minutes ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

It would probably come down to if the current Uk government view whoever a British citizen is fighting for is a threat to the country. As you maybe suggested, they’ll decide politically as much as legally. 

BlueRiver
13 minutes ago, Randle P McMurphy said:

If their sole eligible citizenship would be British citizenship then no, it would be unlawful to do so. 

There's cases where the above have been upheld in recent years they just don't get the same level of media attention. 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

No disrespect but that’s not what I asked. You said she was groomed so specific to her, how was she groomed?  What was the process and how do we determine what is grooming and what is more people actively looking to join ISIS?  

Good questions 

BlueRiver
6 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

You can't seriously be comparing"going on holiday" with what she went and joined are you? Really?

Conflating it like it was a wee trip to Spain. 

Lord Montpelier
2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Well that's wrong. 

It is perfectly legal or the court would've declared it unlawful today. 

There are a couple of excuseniks on this thread. Usual suspects, am sure they would be very happy with Ms Begum living next door to their parents or kids. 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Lord Montpelier said:

There are a couple of excuseniks on this thread. Usual suspects, am sure they would be very happy with Ms Begum living next door to their parents or kids. 

Yep usual suspects . 

il Duce McTarkin
14 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

Begum “was recruited, transferred and then harboured for the purpose of sexual exploitation”,

Meh, admit it, lads, we've all done it.

:sadrobbo:

19 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

Certainly don’t want to end up with the kind of country she would have us living in.

Sometimes the liberal dilemma isn’t a dilemma at all.

Shooter McGavin
53 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

I actually think it's a slippier slope to start accepting folk back, after they've left the country to be apart of a terrorist group, than it is to implement a no tolerance policy.

I'd be a bit miffed, to be honest.

But if I left the country to meet up with a member of a terrorist organisation, with the intention of marrying him and setting up a new life where I then become assosciated said terrorist group and their terrorist activities, I'd probably not expect to be welcomed back with open arms when I decide I don't fancy it anymore, to be honest.

She was 15 years old, 12 months away from being legally allowed to get her own home, get married and get a full-time job. But too young to know that joining a terrorist group is bad?

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

If my parents or kids were living in a secure unit, then aye, she'd be more than welcome next door.

cannonfoda
1 minute ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

If my parents or kids were living in a secure unit, then aye, she'd be more than welcome next door.

Currently working in a secure unit.  It's an eye opener. 

Anyway - agree to disagree with majority on this subject but at least we've that option.  

Oh and f#£k the Huns tomorrow!!!!   Going with 1-3 shankland hattrick 

That thing you do
6 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

She shouldn't have had her citizenship removed. 

She should serve whatever jail sentence is deemed appropriate.

Absolutely right and completely agree.

il Duce McTarkin
3 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Absolutely right and completely agree.

+1.

hughesie27
9 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I'd probably not expect to be welcomed back with open arms when I decide I don't fancy it anymore, to be honest.

She was 15 years old, 12 months away from being legally allowed to get her own home, get married and get a full-time job. But too young to know that joining a terrorist group is bad?

Nobody is welcoming her back with open arms.

You're other comparisons area bit pointless, you can do all those things but are deemed too immature to place a vote on who you think should run the country for another 2 years. One of the most clear and defining ways of expressing your citizenship. But that's taken away from her for a decision she made at 15.

Edited by hughesie27

Tommy Brown

She should get herself on a boat.

Back in the UK in no time. And bugger all we could do about it. 

She can't be be sent back anywhere.

Are the tories claiming this one for the next election.

We got Shamima Begum exiled done.

When I seen the thread I was hoping for....

No..not the obvious.

That she had opened an Only Fans page.

Lord Montpelier

I'm sure big Humza will be along soon enough to offer her asylum in this fine progressive country he's building. 

Jambo-Jimbo

I've made my thoughts about this woman clear on other threads.

One thing is clear, the authorities, the courts and the media will know a hell of a lot more about what she did whilst living the dream with ISIS, than what any of us will know.  She has lost every one of her court cases and as long as she's getting legal aid and the UK taxpayer is footing the bill, the lawyers (who are making a fortune out of this) will keep advising her to appeal.

Why don't they just reveal what they know about her, well if they did, you can hear the human rights lawyers screaming that she'll never get a fair hearing anywhere again, then there's the question of having to reveal your sources of how you know what you know.

I've said it before, if the caliphate was still in existence she'd still be living the dream and happily producing the next generation of ISIS fighters.

Dawnrazor
24 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Conflating it like it was a wee trip to Spain. 

Seriously though, no sane person would do such a thing knowingly? It must've been a poorly worded post, no?

Lord Montpelier
24 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yep usual suspects . 

Always seems to be those with scottish nationalist credentials that empathise with terrorists. 

il Duce McTarkin
14 minutes ago, cannonfoda said:

Currently working in a secure unit.  It's an eye opener. 

Anyway - agree to disagree with majority on this subject but at least we've that option.  

Oh and f#£k the Huns tomorrow!!!!   Going with 1-3 shankland hattrick 

I bet it is. There's probably more sympathy for your viewpoint than the participants of this thread would lead you to believe. The pitchfork wielding mob always make the most noise. 

A shankland hattrick tommorow would be image.png.6c964540cfd2fe86e648efc939662e4b.png

Initially I was all for her remaining in exile but there are so many unanswered questions and the legal arguments seem to be tailored to her case. I’ve no idea if we should accept her back or not 

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Initially I was all for her remaining in exile but there are so many unanswered questions and the legal arguments seem to be tailored to her case. I’ve no idea if we should accept her back or not 

We should accept her back and send Aamer Anwar to Syria imo.

6 minutes ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

We should accept her back and send Aamer Anwar to Syria imo.

😂

SectionDJambo
21 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I've made my thoughts about this woman clear on other threads.

One thing is clear, the authorities, the courts and the media will know a hell of a lot more about what she did whilst living the dream with ISIS, than what any of us will know.  She has lost every one of her court cases and as long as she's getting legal aid and the UK taxpayer is footing the bill, the lawyers (who are making a fortune out of this) will keep advising her to appeal.

Why don't they just reveal what they know about her, well if they did, you can hear the human rights lawyers screaming that she'll never get a fair hearing anywhere again, then there's the question of having to reveal your sources of how you know what you know.

I've said it before, if the caliphate was still in existence she'd still be living the dream and happily producing the next generation of ISIS fighters.

I remember a Home Secretary, whose name I can't remember, saying they had evidence of things she had been involved in, which if made public, would show why the government don't want her back in the UK. 

Maybe they think that the evidence isn't strong enough for a court of law, or that revealing the evidence would threaten the security of the source that it came from. She's almost certain to have seen some terrible acts of violence that ISIS carried out, whether she was directly involved or not.

Would she be able to live safely from retribution in this country, after her release into UK society? Probably not.