Kyōsuke Tagawa

BackOfTheNet

gar jambo
5 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I see Tagawa as a player who just needs a couple of goals in a game to get him up and running properly. He looks seriously short of confidence and it can look like he is hiding a bit in the games he plays but is that just failing to read the play or is he just not motivated to play for us. It's up to the player himself whether he is up to playing for us but I think Naismith is the man to turn things around as he has done so far with a lot of the newcomers after a mixed start to their time at Tynecastle. 

Correct mate what about 100 million pound players that have hardly kicked a ball in the premiership now that's a worry! He neds have a dozen regular games especially when 3 Rd about rapped up! 

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• Drylaw Hearts

• RustyRightPeg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

cosanostra

If any of the clubs that are apparently interested in him give us the chance to recoup our transfer fee in the summer, I'm pretty sure we'll be taking it. 

He's going to have to contribute at least something between now and then if he's any interest in being a Hearts player.

If we spent £300k on him, I think the first offer anywhere near that amount will be accepted and we can roll the dice again on another striker.

number-16

The way this place works, we're going to see Tagawa score the winner at Ibrox at the weekend...

Gundermann
14 hours ago, cosanostra said:

If any of the clubs that are apparently interested in him give us the chance to recoup our transfer fee in the summer, I'm pretty sure we'll be taking it. 

He's going to have to contribute at least something between now and then if he's any interest in being a Hearts player.

If we spent £300k on him, I think the first offer anywhere near that amount will be accepted and we can roll the dice again on another striker.

Yes, if there is interest in him, I'd sell him. If not, maybe give him a run of games once 3rd place is sewn up. After his performances against Dons away and Spartans, I can't see it happening though.

Ron Burgundy

I know we live in a world were we all need a "safe space" but it doesn't make you a bad person or any less of a supporter to have an opinion on a player that isn't 100% positive.

Of course I want him to come good but sadly from the little I have seen I think he's shite.

Hopefully he proves otherwise.

19 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I know we live in a world were we all need a "safe space" but it doesn't make you a bad person or any less of a supporter to have an opinion on a player that isn't 100% positive.

Of course I want him to come good but sadly from the little I have seen I think he's shite.

It’s taken guys like Forrest and Halkett a long time to become good players for us. I don’t think anyone is saying he’s been any good so far but folk are just reserving judgement until they’ve seen more. 

Ron Burgundy
Just now, GinRummy said:

It’s taken guys like Forrest and Halkett a long time to become good players for us. I don’t think anyone is saying he’s been any good so far but folk are just reserving judgement until they’ve seen more. 

Agreed but I had seen those guys play before joining so knew they had something about them. Maybe this guy will come good, lets hope so. All I am saying is that so far he has been very poor IMO.

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Agreed but I had seen those guys play before joining so knew they had something about them. Maybe this guy will come good, lets hope so. All I am saying is that so far he has been very poor IMO.

Aye he’s not been great. 

Ex member of the SaS

Never seen anything like a player in him, He is slow to get forward and his scoring record is abysmal.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/kyosuke-is-a-jambo

2017 and would go on to score eight goals in 59 appearances 

After 79 appearances and 10 goals in the capital, 

where he scored seven goals in 42 appearances.

Now what makes anyone think he will become a player who can score 20 plus goals for us in a few games time? His scoring record shows he is nowhere near good enough for where we want to be. No matter how much game time we give him he will never get to the point where we can rely on him to score more than 2 is five games.

Get him punted and bring in someone who can fine the net.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

Watt-Zeefuik
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Of course you can say he hasn't been good. I doubt you'll get much disagreement here. It's the writing him off as hopeless that's frustrating.

He might very well not come good. But we've just had a long parade of players who were written off as shite on JKB (Hoff just the most recent one) who have started turning in very good performances for us. That we're still doing this with Tagawa seems, well, a bit foolish.

3 hours ago, number-16 said:

The way this place works, we're going to see Tagawa score the winner at Ibrox at the weekend...

I hope he does.

17 hours ago, cosanostra said:

£400k on Kio and £300k on Tagawa... £700k mannnnnnnnnnnnn

giphy.gif

I really hope we can get that money back. Got lucky with Kio.. 

colinmaroon
33 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Of course you can say he hasn't been good. I doubt you'll get much disagreement here. It's the writing him off as hopeless that's frustrating.

He might very well not come good. But we've just had a long parade of players who were written off as shite on JKB (Hoff just the most recent one) who have started turning in very good performances for us. That we're still doing this with Tagawa seems, well, a bit foolish.

Agreed!  And to come on when you haven't even played 90 minutes, limited subs appearances, it has to be very difficult when you add in all the moving from the other side of the world and having to deal with SFA referees.

Ex member of the SaS
27 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Agreed!  And to come on when you haven't even played 90 minutes, limited subs appearances, it has to be very difficult when you add in all the moving from the other side of the world and having to deal with SFA referees.

That still doesn't account for his scoring record to date. 25 goals in 180 games is not the scoring record we want in a player that is meant to be a replacement for Shanks. In fact his record isn't good enough for the Championship never mind third in the top flight.

Brian Graham ( Partick Thistle ) 12 goals in 21 games. Lewis Vaughn ( Raith Rover ) 11 goals in 23 games. Ruari Paton ( Queens Park ) 11 goals in 24 games. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-championship/top-scorers

Jamboross
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Never seen anything like a player in him, He is slow to get forward and his scoring record is abysmal.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/blogs/news/kyosuke-is-a-jambo

2017 and would go on to score eight goals in 59 appearances 

After 79 appearances and 10 goals in the capital, 

where he scored seven goals in 42 appearances.

Now what makes anyone think he will become a player who can score 20 plus goals for us in a few games time? His scoring record shows he is nowhere near good enough for where we want to be. No matter how much game time we give him he will never get to the point where we can rely on him to score more than 2 is five games.

Get him punted and bring in someone who can fine the net.

As I mentioned further up the thread his scoring record isn't actually that bad at his previous clubs when you take it as a 'goals per 90'. He wasn't generally playing full games, averaging 40 odd minutes in his outings at FC Tokyo and Santa Clara. In Portugal he had a more or less 1 goal for every 2.5 '90s' he played, only slightly worse than Boyce has with us and most of Boyce's goals were in the Scottish 2nd tier not against Porto etc. 

Goals per appearance is a pretty unfair metric to measure a striker. Someone could make 100 5-10 minute cameos and score, say, 4 goals. A 4 in 100 record is atrocious but 4 goals in, let say, 750 minutes is a better than 1 in 2 average over 90 minutes. 

He might never be a starter but we should be persevering and trying to help him find that level again.

Bob Loblaw
1 hour ago, Jamboross said:

As I mentioned further up the thread his scoring record isn't actually that bad at his previous clubs when you take it as a 'goals per 90'. He wasn't generally playing full games, averaging 40 odd minutes in his outings at FC Tokyo and Santa Clara. In Portugal he had a more or less 1 goal for every 2.5 '90s' he played, only slightly worse than Boyce has with us and most of Boyce's goals were in the Scottish 2nd tier not against Porto etc. 

Goals per appearance is a pretty unfair metric to measure a striker. Someone could make 100 5-10 minute cameos and score, say, 4 goals. A 4 in 100 record is atrocious but 4 goals in, let say, 750 minutes is a better than 1 in 2 average over 90 minutes. 

He might never be a starter but we should be persevering and trying to help him find that level again.

I think this is fair, he's had under 600 minutes for us. It's hard to be confident or show consistency if you're coming on as a sub for 15 minutes and then not getting another appearance for 2 games. 

Shankland being untouchable has really hampered him as we virtually never play 2 up top.

davie1980
20 hours ago, cosanostra said:

And do you think he will get a £300k transfer if he doesn't.

We took a gamble. It might pay off it might not.

He needs time and patience and it might turn good. It might not but if it doesn't, the idea that you can cash your chips in is fanciful.

• 2 weeks later...
BackOfTheNet

A wee bump to mention the closing down of Hart today. I celebrated that like I celebrated a goal!

Wish Devlin had played it in front of him so he could get a shot away, still not there yet, but I’m happy with his cameos against the two best teams in the league recently.

SM Sheffield

I felt for him when the ball got stuck in between his legs. A goal there and he could have really lifted off. A good substitute appearance in any case and yes that charge down of Hart was superb. 

Rampant
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

A wee bump to mention the closing down of Hart today. I celebrated that like I celebrated a goal!

Wish Devlin had played it in front of him so he could get a shot away, still not there yet, but I’m happy with his cameos against the two best teams in the league recently.

His press got a standing ovation from me.

And glad to see someone else criticising Cammy's pass for Tagawa getting the ball caught under his feet.  Tight space, running at speed, ball played just enough behind him, completely forgivable moment.

Still optimistic, I hope we don't simply look to offload in the summer.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, 1874Jambo said:

Useless get him punted at the end of the season, 2 left feet 

Yer an arse. How about we punt you instead?

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Rampant said:

His press got a standing ovation from me.

And glad to see someone else criticising Cammy's pass for Tagawa getting the ball caught under his feet.  Tight space, running at speed, ball played just enough behind him, completely forgivable moment.

Still optimistic, I hope we don't simply look to offload in the summer.

Aye, not the worst ball but it should have been better. I could have seen him rifling it in if not right at his feet. And forgivable for a player not playing regularly most certainly.

vegas-voss

I thought he done alright.His confidence is still a bit shot to bits imo but I think there are signs of a player their.I would be willing to see how things are next season ( remember the chat about Calem not long ago and look at him now ) but I think he might move on at the end of the season to be honest.

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Aye, not the worst ball but it should have been better. I could have seen him rifling it in if not right at his feet. And forgivable for a player not playing regularly most certainly.

Just needs a wee bit confidence mate. Big thing coming from different country. He nedds a goal or 2 then itll happen hopefully

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, alicante jambo said:

Just needs a wee bit confidence mate. Big thing coming from different country. He nedds a goal or 2 then itll happen hopefully

Considering folk were wanting rid of Vargas and Nieuwenhof not long ago (imagine!) I’m willing to see how he fairs with more actual game time.

GinRummy
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

I thought he done alright.His confidence is still a bit shot to bits imo but I think there are signs of a player their.I would be willing to see how things are next season ( remember the chat about Calem not long ago and look at him now ) but I think he might move on at the end of the season to be honest.

I think this is entirely fair. Apart from the obvious I thought he done well today. 

The fact that some posters have the time and inclination to suggest players be punted after a 2-0 win against those clarts is just plain odd. Where is the joy in these people. 

RustyRightPeg

Perfect game for a wee confidence boost. Pity about the chance he had. Devlin puts the ball a yard in front of him it’s a goal. 

Did well to put Tait in albeit with a wee bit of a lucky bounce. 

Jamboross
5 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

😂

As soon as he got the ball stuck in his feet the match thread was full of comments like this. Totally ignoring all the other good work he'd done since coming on. It was unfortunate but also not a brilliant ball from Devlin. Swap Tagawa for anyone else in that scenario and no-one bats an eyelid. 

Thought he was overall decent enough again and hopefully we're in a position against Morton where we can give him a longer run out. 

Hearts1975

Thought he did well and when he chased a nothing ball, and steamed right into Joe Hart, you can't fault his commitment. 

Just needs minutes. That's probably the biggest issue but what do you do ... 

BackOfTheNet
Just now, Jamboross said:

😂

As soon as he got the ball stuck in his feet the match thread was full of comments like this. Totally ignoring all the other good work he'd done since coming on. It was unfortunate but also not a brilliant ball from Devlin. Swap Tagawa for anyone else in that scenario and no-one bats an eyelid. 

Thought he was overall decent enough again and hopefully we're in a position against Morton where we can give him a longer run out. 

:spoton:

If that’s Forrest getting it caught in his feet no one cares a jot

alicante jambo
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Considering folk were wanting rid of Vargas and Nieuwenhof not long ago (imagine!) I’m willing to see how he fairs with more actual game time.

Deffo. Tbh as fans we are impatient could be shity spelling.  But feck me look at the table . Winning away from home and spanking that shower twice.. europe beckons for the jts

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

:spoton:

If that’s Forrest getting it caught in his feet no one cares a jot

Shankland has a couple of those moments every match.

I thought he was fine, unlucky with the ball getting caught in his feet, good pass to Tait (even if it did bounce of the Celtic player.) Showed determination to close down Hart which can endear a player to fans.

I do think we are trying to build him up bit by bit, getting small cameos to get him used to the game. I do think next season may be when we see him at his best for us (I know that frustrate some fans that we signed him and it takes a year for him to make a real impact.)

TheBigO
26 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

Hes left footed. You complete diddy.

soonbe110
28 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Couldn’t understand why Devlin didn’t shoot himself.  Only Hart to beat.  Can understand Tagawa not scoring, he wouldn’t have been expecting Devlin to bottle taking a shot and then the pass from Devlin from about 8 yards was behind him. 

briever
Just now, TheBigO said:

Hes left footed. You complete diddy.

And neither of them are any good.

jamboozy
29 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

:lol:

ScandinavianJambo
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Shankland has a couple of those moments every match.

I thought he was fine, unlucky with the ball getting caught in his feet, good pass to Tait (even if it did bounce of the Celtic player.) Showed determination to close down Hart which can endear a player to fans.

I do think we are trying to build him up bit by bit, getting small cameos to get him used to the game. I do think next season may be when we see him at his best for us (I know that frustrate some fans that we signed him and it takes a year for him to make a real impact.)

100%. Think Forrest, he is only now showing us what he can do. Tagawa did well coming on today. Showed tanasity, skill  and some new found  physicality. Good to see him coming alive at the right time of the season.

Madjambo21

Definitely a player in there. 

Think he is started to show signs of what he can do.

Like his work rate, just needs a little rub of the green in front of goal

heatonjambo
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Love this guy 😀.

👍

will come good

MR INCREDIBLE

He will end up a Heart of Midlothian superstar !!!

Would help if some of the morons in our support gave the lad a bit support 🇱🇻🇱🇻

Gundermann
28 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Perfect game for a wee confidence boost. Pity about the chance he had. Devlin puts the ball a yard in front of him it’s a goal. 

Did well to put Tait in albeit with a wee bit of a lucky bounce. 

Devlin finding a teammate with a short pass is progress in itself. That said, that was some chance and Tagawa blew it.

innerjambo

Happy to persevere with Tagawa. Not prepared to right him off just yet. I'm hoping once 3rd is in the bag, he can get a few games under his belt. 

19/05/2012

Thought he done well when he came on. Was unlucky with the cutback just got stuck under his feet 

Pasquale for King

I thought he did well today and just got a bit excited at the end, was hoping he would score to help his confidence and get the fans onside. 

GinRummy
6 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

He will end up a Heart of Midlothian superstar !!!

Would help if some of the morons in our support gave the lad a bit support 🇱🇻🇱🇻

He might not turn into a superstar but look at how long it took Vargas and Nieuwenhof to get to the point they are at now yet some folk are absolutely determined to write off Tagawa and Fraser. It’s uncalled for and negative despite the great results we have had this season. I could understand the blame game if we were in Aberdeen or Hibs position. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Devlin finding a teammate with a short pass is progress in itself. That said, that was some chance and Tagawa blew it.

I think if the pass was just a bit further forward he scores, a bit like Forrest just waiting half a second too long to pass to Shankland at the offside goal.