Kyōsuke Tagawa

BackOfTheNet

ShedBoy

He looks rapid he looks alert he looks sharp. He’ll be ok for us. Just needs a goal.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BackOfTheNet

• GinRummy

• Drylaw Hearts

• RustyRightPeg

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AGoodLaugh
28 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Couldn’t understand why Devlin didn’t shoot himself.  Only Hart to beat.  Can understand Tagawa not scoring, he wouldn’t have been expecting Devlin to bottle taking a shot and then the pass from Devlin from about 8 yards was behind him. 

That seems a bit extreme to be fair 

RustyRightPeg
18 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Devlin finding a teammate with a short pass is progress in itself. That said, that was some chance and Tagawa blew it.

It was a crap pass though. All the space was in front of him and he’s managed to pass it backwards between his feet…even Shankland would’ve struggled with it

stevie1874

He’s going to struggle against teams that sit in but today was his sort of game playing on the shoulder and making runs. Thought he was decent when he came on, pity about his chance though. 

One five
11 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

He’s going to struggle against teams that sit in but today was his sort of game playing on the shoulder and making runs. Thought he was decent when he came on, pity about his chance though. 

This, Good post mate 

SomethingAboutObua

Devlin squaring it took him by surprise, but I think he shouldve been screaming for it in thenfirst place tbh 

It looks like his English might be picking up now, can see him and Devlin laughing about the pass at the whistle, on Instagram.  

If he gets a goal I think we're onto finally getting Ginnelly's replacement 

indianajones
37 minutes ago, AGoodLaugh said:

:rofl:

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A wee bump to mention the closing down of Hart today. I celebrated that like I celebrated a goal!

Wish Devlin had played it in front of him so he could get a shot away, still not there yet, but I’m happy with his cameos against the two best teams in the league recently.

Come on that was on Tagawa not Devlin. Hope he comes good, but it’s a rocky path he’s traveled thus far.

Daktari
3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

A wee bump to mention the closing down of Hart today. I celebrated that like I celebrated a goal!

Me too! Great attitude, don't give them an inch.....

Philfigo

Good pressing today 👏 but the chance he had his footwork was terrible and basically tied himself up in knots. 

BackOfTheNet
11 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Come on that was on Tagawa not Devlin. Hope he comes good, but it’s a rocky path he’s traveled thus far.

Not saying he couldn’t have done better with it, but the pass from Devlin was substandard

Ricardo Quaresma

He's getting what it means to be Gorgie

He'll get minutes soon 👍

Des Lynam
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Wish Devlin had played it in front of him so he could get a shot away, still not there yet, but I’m happy with his cameos against the two best teams in the league recently.

I agree i thought the pass was poor from Devlin at the time. 

Armageddon

Wrap up 3rd place and give him every minute of every game until the end of the season.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, AGoodLaugh said:

😂😂think you got my gist though 

BelgeJambo

Tagawa, Oda and Vargas will be stronger next season.  Naismith said it, they need a season more or less to settle in.  They could all have financial potential.  

Tagawa will come good. He makes runs, pulls defences with him due to his pace.

It just needs to click - a bit like Vargas needed time despite his qualities (and he did to a degree let the derby occasion affect him). 

Then we will have serious pace in the attack. 

jamboinglasgow
57 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Devlin squaring it took him by surprise, but I think he shouldve been screaming for it in thenfirst place tbh 

It looks like his English might be picking up now, can see him and Devlin laughing about the pass at the whistle, on Instagram.  

If he gets a goal I think we're onto finally getting Ginnelly's replacement 

Just watched that instagram video, could not see what they are saying but they are obviously laughing about the chance and him trying to get his legs in position. Great to see the players getting on like that, helps a lot in settling in. Also nice to see Halkett congratulating every Hearts player before they go down the tunnel. 

tartofmidlothian

It wasn't an ideal pass from Cammy, but it looked to me like he was trying to tee up Tagawa and get him a goal rather than take it on himself, so fair play to him.

Like others have said, there's a player in there and he's doing a lot right, just needs a couple of goals for a Vargas-style reinvention.

Vlad Magic

History on here shows writing players off has a good chance of biting you on the arse.

Disser Pointon
31 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Tagawa will come good. He makes runs, pulls defences with him due to his pace.

It just needs to click - a bit like Vargas needed time despite his qualities (and he did to a degree let the derby occasion affect him). 

Then we will have serious pace in the attack. 

I think so too, although games against teams like Livi sitting in aren't likely to play to his strengths.

db211833
23 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

History on here shows writing players off has a good chance of biting you on the arse.

100%, but some folks never learn 

jamborich

Needs a goal his confidence must be low feel sorry for him a bit obviously taking a while for him to adapt, I’m certainly not ready to write him off

GinRummy
39 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Not giving up on the boy. He’ll come good

I’m optimistic and felt it was a good cameo. Gave Celtic something to think about. Bad pass from Cammy but Tagawa dealt with it like he was 10 years old and wearing his mums slippers. 

merrymac

Far too many sensible posts the last few 

what is wrong with everyone he has had more than 20 minutes to show what he can do - send him home !!

Seriously thought he looked ok for the time he was on . Player there it just needs coaxed out of him - a goal might make a huge difference 

All roads lead to Gorgie

The speed he closed Hart down at one point was very impressive. It's a shame he chose to pass though when he had the legs to go all the way when we were breaking away after a great tackle in midfield. He just needs to build a better understanding with Shanks and Forrest.

Bob Loblaw

Thought his closing down was good and he helped reinstall an urgency that had dropped as Forrest tired.

Put a few tackles in, created Tait's chance by driving up the park well, few good bits of link play with Shankland.

Obviously he could've done better at the end but the pass wasn't great and he's panicked a bit. But overall was an encouraging cameo.

saxondale
2 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not saying he couldn’t have done better with it, but the pass from Devlin was substandard

It was absolutely substandard; it was behind him. Tagawa actually says this to him in the post match celebrations (on the Hearts Twitter).

Looked pretty sharp when he came on today. Played his part in an excellent victory.