*** official Rangers v Heart of Midlothian match day thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

We can do this. Just need to keep positive and actually have a go. I’d start with 

Clark 

Kingsley    Kent    Rowles 

Natty    Grant   Beni   Neuiwenhof    Cochrane 

Shanks        Vargas

Plenty options off the bench to change it if it’s not working.  0-0 HT and Hearts to win 1-2. 

Mon the Gorgie :Shanks::flag1:

I'd start with similar but swapping Grant for Devlin for the first half. Then plenty of options after that

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

I fear that we might be right in the firing line here.

The biggest statement of intent rangers can make in this league right now is to beat us and end our current run. 

If we are absolutely on it. We can get something. As good as our run is we will need to be a level above where we have been though. No passengers, No loss of concentration. 

pettigrewsstylist

Their tempo and power through the middle will need stopped, to get anything.

No Idle Talk

Having thought about it some more, I think this is going to be a really tough task for us. They have just managed to get their noses in front of Celtic. So they will be feeling very good about themselves and they will be desperate to keep it going. Their fans will also be right up for it.

Our recent form is not to be sniffed at however. I am very curious to see how we do. We could learn quite a lot about our team on Saturday. 

What's the stats on number of games vs Rangers that Nick Walsh is the ref?

Seems to be him 75% and Beaton the rest.  

Definitely nothing to see here I'm sure

Oda be a JT

Happily take a draw, but the stats don’t lie that we have been on a tremendous run of late so why not go in confident.

Amazed the Shankland, or anyone else, chat to Der Hun hasn’t kicked off in a bid to unsettle him.

6 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

They want to get to the stage where they select the referee themselves, openly.

Do Tavernier early and once he’s off the park they’ll be a rudderless, confused shambles allowing us to put 2 or 3 past them thus initiating an arse collapse akin to their Glasgow brethren which will in turn give us a free passage to romp home to the title.

Or something like that

7 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

As far as I can see, this would be N Walsh third match.   Beaton has nine. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Their tempo and power through the middle will need stopped, to get anything.

This,  I think this is when our midfield gets shown up, hope I'm wrong tho and if we don't concede early we can cause them problems.

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Having thought about it some more, I think this is going to be a really tough task for us. They have just managed to get their noses in front of Celtic. So they will be feeling very good about themselves and they will be desperate to keep it going. Their fans will also be right up for it.

Our recent form is not to be sniffed at however. I am very curious to see how we do. We could learn quite a lot about our team on Saturday. 

Yip. We need to not get on a massive downer if it goes wrong, and keep it real. Stay positive for the spoonburners game.

gordiegords

Despite our brilliant form I think we will probably get beat, we  are in with a shout though, just don’t want to see the naisy oot brigade come back if we take a beating, our form is superb and a bad result here won’t make us rubbish.

John Findlay
57 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

Where is good for parking on Saturday near Ibrox?

Paisley 😉

Rangers are a funny team. They aren’t a possession monster and do seem to play more varied and direct at times.

Does that suit us?   It probably should because we never seem to fare well against Rangers and Celtic sides that overwhelmingly own the ball.

We’ve progressed as a side over the months but let’s not get away from the fact you get moments/games in the season that are just that bit more significant and used to really judge how far you’ve came.

Naisy will see it like this too. He’ll be thinking of the last time we were there but also the semi final where we didn’t compete when the chips were down. The midfield is the big area, as always. They are playing well and on form- we can’t see that drop away all of a sudden when more courage is asked of us.  

As ever for me, it’s the performance. There’s no guarantee of a victory but keep giving us wee incremental hopes for the future by improving our quality and guts for the occasion.  Build the momentum in performances and belief grows.  

Edited by Debut 4

Hearts1975

Zander 

Kingsley.   Kent.   Rowles.  

Atty.            Beni.    Dev.       Cochrane                            

Shanks

Forrest.                Vargas 

Sit in, draw them out and hit them on the break ... Let shanks have a free role. He knows where to play. 

Can't make my mind up between starting Beni or the Hoff. Would Def have dev starting ... Think this game would suit him. 

Turkishcap

Do as well as we can, we could get a result or could get out erse handed to us on a plate.

Just hope no reds for Wednesday.

PapaShango

Not impossible to get a result, but we probably need to play a level above what we have and we can't be off it for an entire half like we were at home to Dundee. If that's the case then we could be done and dusted. There must be confidence in the group and I just want to see another brave performance through in Glasgow and organisation like what we had at Parkhead. You need a near perfect performance with everyone on it and a slice of luck to get a result. 

5 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Zander 

Shanks

Sit in, draw them out and hit them on the break ... Let shanks have a free role. He knows where to play. 

Can't make my mind up between starting Beni or the Hoff. Would Def have dev starting ... Think this game would suit him. 

I’d like and extra  centre mid, probably at the expense of Forrest. Beni slightly behind Devlin and Nieuwenhof. They are strong through the middle. 

Edited by GinRummy

RudiSkacelsLeftPeg

Like every game these days, I cannot wait for this one.

Really hope the boys are up for this one COME ON HEARTS.

Would fecking love to go through there and take three points. We are doing it Hearts. 

Gorgie Rules.

**** the Huns

6 minutes ago, rmreido said:

Am I right in saying, the last time we won through there was the championship season (1-2)????

yeah think so.

After having not won at Celtic Park in so long and winning there earlier this season combined with a quite incredible transformation in our away form this season i am feeling a lot more confident about getting a result there. 

6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Zander 

Shanks

My only worry with Cammy starting would be he has only had less than 45 mins in the last three months, in what will probably be a fast paced game. Might be better to hold him back, for the second half to protect our lead :whistling:

12 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

yeah think so.

After having not won at Celtic Park in so long and winning there earlier this season combined with a quite incredible transformation in our away form this season i am feeling a lot more confident about getting a result there. 

Winning at Parkhead and Ibrox in the same season, would be immense..

colinmaroon
17 minutes ago, merrymac said:

My only worry with Cammy starting would be he has only had less than 45 mins in the last three months, in what will probably be a fast paced game. Might be better to hold him back, for the second half to protect our lead :whistling:

I think the Hoff deserves to start before Devlin, and Beni and Hoff have performed well together recently.

Also, if it was Hoff or Devlin lining up a shot, I know which one I would prefer.

ollie2004
8 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Edinburgh!

ollie2004
Just now, ollie2004 said:

Edinburgh!

Last time we were there got the usual £1 to keep an eye on your car, lad behind said he had an alsation in van the reply being can it put out fires!

henrysmithsgloves

Even with this guy playing,I can guarantee sevco will get a penalty for handball 🤬🤬

th-2613244836.jpg

Hearts1975
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

I’d like and extra  centre mid, probably at the expense of Forrest. Beni slightly behind Devlin and Nieuwenhof. They are strong through the middle. 

See what you are saying. They are strong through the middle but seem to be playing a bit more direct this year. Just thought maybe with having the 2 forwards with their pace, and shanks dropping, but at the same time, ready to link play, would cause them problems in behind 

3 man midfield would certainly shore up the middle, but maybe at the expense of getting hemmed in a bit too much 

Will be interesting to see how we set up on the day 

Hearts1975
2 hours ago, merrymac said:

Very true. The hoff hasn't done much wrong either. He is coming on leaps and bounds, but needs to have that fearless attitude regardless of who we are playing, and impose himself on the game. 

Much better not being able to predict the starting line up, than being able to, right enough 

Bunny Munro

Clark

Kingsley Kent Rowles

Atkinson Devlin Beni Hoff Cochrane

Shanks Forrest

Vargas off the bench with 30 to go.

We are suited to playing teams who want to play football. The atmosphere will be superb. Cannae wait. Mon The Gorgie!

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, merrymac said:

He will still be fastest over 10m in that central midfield, but yeah getting card after 5 mins is no option at all.

ollie2004
3 hours ago, PapaShango said:

Not impossible to get a result, but we probably need to play a level above what we have and we can't be off it for an entire half like we were at home to Dundee. If that's the case then we could be done and dusted. There must be confidence in the group and I just want to see another brave performance through in Glasgow and organisation like what we had at Parkhead. You need a near perfect performance with everyone on it and a slice of luck to get a result. 

And an unbiased ref! 

dannymack
10 hours ago, Hannibal said:

I always park in the Crowne Plaza then walk from there, even when the mass (pardon the pun) exodus begins on the 65th minute by the home fans by the time I get back accross the water to the car from full time it's a 10 min journey before we're scooting back along the M8 to The Capital.

I don’t want us to piss about with the system too much for this game.

We’ve got two formations that we switch between and we’ve shown that we can win with both, no need to try anything new when we’re on current form just because it’s Ibrox.

dannymack
2 hours ago, rmreido said:

Winning at Parkhead and Ibrox in the same season, would be immense..

When was the last time ? 🙂

46 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

See what you are saying. They are strong through the middle but seem to be playing a bit more direct this year. Just thought maybe with having the 2 forwards with their pace, and shanks dropping, but at the same time, ready to link play, would cause them problems in behind 

3 man midfield would certainly shore up the middle, but maybe at the expense of getting hemmed in a bit too much 

Will be interesting to see how we set up on the day 

👍 good points

2 hours ago, ollie2004 said:

Last time we were there got the usual £1 to keep an eye on your car, lad behind said he had an alsation in van the reply being can it put out fires!

£1 ????? Where have you been parking?

Usually a fiver

30 minutes ago, dannymack said:

When was the last time ? 🙂

1985-86 a 1-1 draw and 0-1 win at parkhead, 3-1 defeat and a 0-2 win at ibrox that season, we actually beat them 4 times that season,beat them in the cup also 3-2......good times, but we all know what happened in the end, that season.

Bongo 1874

Rangers have four outlets on the ball,Tavernier,Lundstram, Diomande,Cantwell,stop them you stop Rangers.

Jack Torrance
23 minutes ago, rmreido said:

1985-86 a 1-1 draw and 0-1 win at parkhead, 3-1 defeat and a 0-2 win at ibrox that season, we actually beat them 4 times that season,beat them in the cup also 3-2......good times, but we all know what happened in the end, that season.

Funny, I was just looking up those results to check. Great memories. What a season.

4 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Funny, I was just looking up those results to check. Great memories. What a season.

Can't believe how long ago that was...fs, 38 years 😢 time flies 

I was only 18, as you say, great memories.

PortyBeach
20 hours ago, Bauld said:

I fear that we might be right in the firing line here.

The biggest statement of intent rangers can make in this league right now is to beat us and end our current run. 

If we are absolutely on it. We can get something. As good as our run is we will need to be a level above where we have been though. No passengers, No loss of concentration. 

Absolutely right. Beyond that, we need a level playing field.

Sevco need a result here. And we know Scottish football operates on the model of the Uglies taking turns to win trophies. 
Lawwell’s dead hand - apparent in Celtic’s non-appearance in the January transfer window - is viewed in some circles as evidence of this.
We’ve seen previously that where Sevco/Rangers need a result, the cowed/bent officials we endure, will oblige.

Craig Levein’s rant after his Dundee Utd team were scammed at Ibrox some years back, was an eloquent testimony about all that’s wrong in the Scottish game.

But I live in hope. I think we need to score at least two goals, however…

10 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Zander 

Shanks

Any reason why the Hof who has been sublime of late is left out? Yet Cammy just back is in! Sorry not for me

Drumjambo
12 hours ago, Hannibal said:

Massive asda about a ten minute walk though its a mare getting out, but cool if you're in no hurry 

Drumjambo
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Rangers have four outlets on the ball,Tavernier,Lundstram, Diomande,Cantwell,stop them you stop Rangers.

Make Tavernier defend - he can't  - Barasic is a tattie too and The harlem globetrotter is finished Their whole defence looks shaky to me barring old soapy!

Prediction - Cuntwell never off his Arse

Get in to them and we can win this !