*** official Rangers v Heart of Midlothian match day thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

6 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

We need all the help we can get. Watching the highlights of Sevco game I had to switch it off after the second penalty. 
That was total bollox. Gifted two dubious penalties. I fear the same will happen with us. 

Didn't see the 2nd pen, turned over after it went 2-0. The 1st was a pen imo, all day long a pen.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

BangkokHearts
16 hours ago, tian447 said:

As much as I detest both of them, unfortunately one of them has to win the league...

With all the talk in the papers over the past few months, Shankland scoring a 95th minute winner to beat them, and then Celtic going on to win the title because they dropped points against us would be about as :jj: inducing as we can get. 

:sweeet:

frankblack

Should we have a thread to predict when their first penalty is given plus how many pens they get? 😬

4 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Should we have a thread to predict when their first penalty is given plus how many pens they get? 😬

I'm saving that for my Hills coupon 🤭

43 minutes ago, frankblack said:

35th minute. Give them wee lift before half time. 

The sad thing is, we're only half joking. 

sirwalter

In all the matches played in the Premiership this season the only outcomes not to have occurred are Rangers drawing at home or Hearts drawing away. I wonder...

gregzy2k7
7 hours ago, colinmorewasgash said:

john-beaton-referee.gif

Yep that's exactly what I can see happening if we are even in with a whiff of a draw unfortunately, that and a red card for us.

Seen this movie too many times.

FerryJambo81

I'm In the camp of the powers that be will do all they can to stop a win. Be it penalty or even little 50/50 in key areas. That said, this team having something about them.

Taking the kids for their first trip to Greyskull, they're getting used to us winning away...another please.

Will be a fine balance between caution and aggression. If nothing else I believe this team go there genuinely believing they can win, that in itself is so important!

Watt-Zeefuik
54 minutes ago, FerryJambo81 said:

I'm In the camp of the powers that be will do all they can to stop a win. Be it penalty or even little 50/50 in key areas. That said, this team having something about them.

Taking the kids for their first trip to Greyskull, they're getting used to us winning away...another please.

Will be a fine balance between caution and aggression. If nothing else I believe this team go there genuinely believing they can win, that in itself is so important!

There's not really many times we can speak of a "free hit" but to me this is precisely one of them. Sure in the end it would be fun to rack up a bunch of points but realistically in the league table a draw is no different than a 3 goal defeat. Killie are not going to catch us on the back of us losing games to the OF.

A win, on the other hand, is an emphatic statement of intent (I don't even want to look up the last time we beat each arse cheek in Glasgow) and keeps the outside shot at second and the moonshot at first alive.

Bazzas right boot

We're gonna beat these hun pricks, then put shitty hibs to the sword and then blow away the terrorist sympathisers.

The Gorgie Juggernaut is gate crashing the title race.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, innerjambo said:

Not expecting the unexpected. Anything else will be a bonus.

Makes sense, as if you expect the unexpected then that becomes the expected,  so it was never expected in the first place as it was unexpected. 

Bazzas right boot
On 18/02/2024 at 20:14, tian447 said:

As much as I detest both of them, unfortunately one of them has to win the league...

With all the talk in the papers over the past few months, Shankland scoring a 95th minute winner to beat them, and then Celtic going on to win the title because they dropped points against us would be about as :jj: inducing as we can get. 

Nah, he'll follow up his last minute winner at ibrox with a hat- trick v celtic next week.

I think we'll probably set up with a back 3 which gives us a bit more defensive stability.  I much prefer the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation against teams that are happy to sit in, like Motherwell at the weekend, but against a team who will try and take the game to us, a back 3 makes more sense.  Then again, there seems no point in trying to second guess Naisy, he'll set up how he wants and make in-game changes as required.

jambo_tar

Would be delighted with a point from this. Really tough place to go and they are on the up at the moment. Had a quick read of one of their forums and the majority of them are expecting a tough game against us. Also, was interesting to note that they think that some referees have it in for them.

upgotheheads
10 hours ago, RobNox said:

I think we'll probably set up with a back 3 which gives us a bit more defensive stability.  I much prefer the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 formation against teams that are happy to sit in, like Motherwell at the weekend, but against a team who will try and take the game to us, a back 3 makes more sense.  Then again, there seems no point in trying to second guess Naisy, he'll set up how he wants and make in-game changes as required.

Naismith is turning into a bit of a master of tactics IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if we start with a back four to allow Atkinson to start, with Lembikisa playing as a straightforward right winger. Lembikisa wasn't that impressive last week but if he's on his game, with Forrest on the other side and Vargas through the middle we could surprise Rangers.

48 minutes ago, thegreatsd said:

Not sure Walsh and Robertson are great for us. Could have been worse though. 

IMG_5489.jpeg

Couldnt get much worse 

PapaShango
24 minutes ago, Mac80 said:

Couldnt get much worse 

Honking in the semi final and gives us nothing in the majority of games. Remember the first game with VAR against Celtic? Devlin wiped out in the box and it took him about 5 minutes at the screen to see what was obvious in real time. Don Robertson isn't much better after sending off Shankland at Easter Road last year.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, PapaShango said:

Honking in the semi final and gives us nothing in the majority of games. Remember the first game with VAR against Celtic? Devlin wiped out in the box and it took him about 5 minutes at the screen to see what was obvious in real time. Don Robertson isn't much better after sending off Shankland at Easter Road last year.

Walsh is worse than Beaton these days so far as they are concerned, Clancy for the derby though, he has been reasonable of late, once VAR got him sorted!

John Findlay

I think Hearts are capable of winning, but I can see us getting a shafting from the officials. I will be very surprised if post match we are not talking about the officials.

gordon simpson
13 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

We're gonna beat these hun pricks, then put shitty hibs to the sword and then blow away the terrorist sympathisers.

The Gorgie Juggernaut is gate crashing the title race.

fcuk I am with you GORGIE RULES YOU  SEVCO BASSAS

pettigrewsstylist

We have the ability to win on a good day. We wont.

Keeping it competitive till last few mins again will constitute sound progress.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Nick Walsh isn't a great appointment, and I don't mean from specifically a hearts perspective, he's just generally an appalling ref.

If we can keep our discipline in our own box (shirt pulling etc) then we have a chance. 

39 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I think Hearts are capable of winning, but I can see us getting a shafting from the officials. I will be very surprised if post match we are not talking about the officials.

Sure as snow falls of a wall when the sun comes out.😏

Shooter McGavin

We need to be preparing for at least 2 penalties awarded against us.

Unfortunately, if we’re competing well, the officials will start to fiddle with the match.

Well, well Nick Walsh in the middle and Don Robertson on VAR. anything to try and give Sevco an edge.  The SFA never surprise you these days. Rotten to the core.

16 hours ago, JAYEL said:

If decisions go against us we will not be the only ones complaining

They’ll just ‘even’ that up the following weekend by giving all the decisions to Celtic. That’s one of the main benefits of Celtic complaining. 

New Town Loafer

Had a look at their forum and they’ve a thread dedicated to this forum. Seems they’re upset we aren’t blowing smoke up their arses.

So, for any Huns looking in: get ****ed and you let your club die xo 

Seymour M Hersh
On 19/02/2024 at 09:23, davemclaren said:

I thought they were both penalties under current rules.  

Agreed.

Unlucky the last time but to be honest we were camped in our half for most of the game. 

It will be interesting to see how much we have progressed learnt as it’s most probably our toughest match this season. 

Got a sneaky feeling we will get something here they ain’t that good. 

Looking forward to the game. Really interested in how we set up. The last 6-7 odd games we’ve had loads of the ball, knocked it around, used our subs cleverly and managed to open up teams late on and ultimately win games. We aren’t going to dominate possession at Ibrox so I’m looking forward to seeing the game plan. Two good football teams both in great form. Should be a cracker. 

Bonnie Prince Charlie

Just listened to Radio Clyde, expected arrogance from same twats. Hearts are 10/1 is I’ll be put a few low wage bets on Hearts win along with a few “low risk” wins. Will also bet a draw with odds in bets. I won £238 from my £6 bet, Dundee win, Dons draw & Killie draw at 11/2

FerryJambo81
21 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

There's not really many times we can speak of a "free hit" but to me this is precisely one of them. Sure in the end it would be fun to rack up a bunch of points but realistically in the league table a draw is no different than a 3 goal defeat. Killie are not going to catch us on the back of us losing games to the OF.

A win, on the other hand, is an emphatic statement of intent (I don't even want to look up the last time we beat each arse cheek in Glasgow) and keeps the outside shot at second and the moonshot at first alive.

Good points, well made.

We can do this. Just need to keep positive and actually have a go. I’d start with 

Clark 

Kingsley    Kent    Rowles 

Natty    Grant   Beni   Neuiwenhof    Cochrane 

Shanks        Vargas

Plenty options off the bench to change it if it’s not working.  0-0 HT and Hearts to win 1-2. 

Mon the Gorgie :Shanks::flag1:

Edited by SMJ_1874

10 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

We can do this. Just need to keep positive and actually have a go. I’d start with 

Clark 

Kingsley    Kent    Rowles 

Natty    Grant   Beni   Neuiwenhof    Cochrane 

Shanks        Vargas

Plenty options off the bench to change it if it’s not working.  0-0 HT and Hearts to win 1-2. 

Mon the Gorgie :Shanks::flag1:

This is the line up I'd go with too 👍 

asomerville

My only concern about this Saturday’s game is the Hearts team could be over confident and take too many risks especially at the back. And of course the SFA will insist on a Rangers win even if it’s a last minute Pen. Hopefully Vargas last minute winner for me 

11 minutes ago, Hansel said:

This is the line up I'd go with too 👍 

Vargas is a better finisher than Forest. We’ll get chances to score but it will be between 5-8. We need to convert first time and make them count. Oda, Tait and Fraser to come on second half. The game will be won in midfield and if we contain the hun then we can change our shape to 3412 with Grant or Fraser in the 10 role. An early goal and we keep the pressure on them and it could be another memorable day in the weeg. We almost clicked against Motherwell. Vargas hitting the post and Forest should’ve had 2. That’s why Vargas must start and we go at them from the off.  If we click on the day and take our ‘A’ game to them then this could be a  1-4 game to The Famous. Please make it happen Naisy, nothing to fear except their 12th and 13th man, Nick Walsh and VAR. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Just to get the energy going.

The fun bit starts around 1:58:00 (including Law's equalizer).

The whole match though is fun, with the commentators nearly spitting out the bitter taste of tepid praise for how well we played.

Watt-Zeefuik

And for good measure, here's Zeefuik ragdolling Law in the snow game.

Jack Torrance

On current form we rightly go into this as favourites.

Pressure is all on them.

We need to be the team that no longer fears playing in Glasgow. That's the next level.

I think we're ready.