*** official Rangers v Heart of Midlothian match day thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Selkirkhmfc1874

We've nothing to fear going through to glasgow next Saturday 2-1 HMFC Shankland & Vargas

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

Bongo 1874

All that is needed.

They think they are better than you,they believe you are tinpot.

They tried to unsettle our striker.

And fill his head with shite.

Giving them ****ing Hell Hearts!!!!!.

The Treasurer
53 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We've nothing to fear going through to glasgow next Saturday 2-1 HMFC Shankland & Vargas

It's more a case of nothing to lose rather than nothing to fear 

52 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

It's more a case of nothing to lose rather than nothing to fear 

It’s both. We slipped up at the final hurdle last time we were through there and beat the other arse cheek more recently. We shouldn’t fear them. 

tiger Rudi

Do we keep it tight, work our way into the game? A cautious approach. 

Or do we go for it from kick off?! 

Would love to keep our unbeaten run going! 

Nothing to fear if we believe. Team really looks capable of going through there and doing something. 

Would be tremendous for the squad if we get something at Ibrox.

Hampden would then hold no fear for us. 

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

1-1

Vargas

Their goal scored by Taverner (pen), presumably? 

gnasher75

A different pressure on Rangers now, having been trying to catch up with Celtic all season they are now trying to protect their lead.  Will be interesting to see how they cope with that.

The big difference for Hearts now compared to other games against Rangers in recent years is that we don't just have a decent starting team but loads of really good options on the bench - players with confidence and a hunger to play - and a manager who knows how to change things to make a positive difference during the game.

Given the abuse he gets through there, I'd love to see Naismith getting the win.  And obviously Shankland to score the winner.

As much as I detest both of them, unfortunately one of them has to win the league...

With all the talk in the papers over the past few months, Shankland scoring a 95th minute winner to beat them, and then Celtic going on to win the title because they dropped points against us would be about as :jj: inducing as we can get. 

gar jambo
1 hour ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

1-1

Vargas

No pressure whatsoever on Hearts all on Rangers Hearts are now 1/33 to finish 3rd 

tartofmidlothian

I'd rather draw with both Old Firm than beat one in the next few games. We'd be a point worse off, but it keeps the unbeaten run going if we take care of Hibs too.

1-1 Shankland.

Aussie Jambo

We need all the help we can get. Watching the highlights of Sevco game I had to switch it off after the second penalty. 
That was total bollox. Gifted two dubious penalties. I fear the same will happen with us. 

Seymour M Hersh
53 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

We need all the help we can get. Watching the highlights of Sevco game I had to switch it off after the second penalty. 
That was total bollox. Gifted two dubious penalties. I fear the same will happen with us. 

There wasn't much dubious about the first one but the second was definitely soft but that's the handball interpretation nowadays for you. 

Since our last visit to Ibrox, the rangers haven't improved...we have, enormously. One concern though, VAR, still the first name on the rangers team sheet.

The rangers are ordinary, that's why they're afforded so many game changing decisions, Clement has them falling over, feigning injury at every opportunity, we need to be switched on.

Big if, but if the referee allows, Hearts a fair crack of the whip...we'll be absolutely fine.  

LondonJambo1985

1-1 Shankland to score, penalty for Rangers to level it up, red card for Shanks (so he can’t score the winner) and he misses the Derby. We still pump Hibs. 

Mysterion

Need Naismith ramping up the pressure on the referee to be strong.

Would be tremendous to take points off them and narrow the gap to 2nd.

TexasAndy

I agree we have nothing to fear so we should at least go there with confidence.  The result might go against us but I want us to look like a team that's not scared of Glasgow.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees
13 hours ago, tiger Rudi said:

Do we keep it tight, work our way into the game? A cautious approach. 

Or do we go for it from kick off?! 

Would love to keep our unbeaten run going! 

Nothing to fear if we believe. Team really looks capable of going through there and doing something. 

We have to play our “normal game” which I think is go toe to toe with them from the off.  Not kamikaze, but confident and positive.  

Sitting in and inviting pressure reinforces (a) an inferior mentality, (b) means they probably will score, especially with the ref no doubt itching to give them everything and anything.  That doesn’t mean the defence being tight, the midfield battle needing to be won etc.

It also sets the tone if we meet them in the cup in the semi’s or the final.

Clark

Kent                 Rowles           Kingsley

Atkinson                                                                   Cochrane

Beni            Tait         Calum

Grant 

Shankland                           Vargas

Subs:  Gordon, Lembiska, Sibbick, Devlin, Denholm, Fraser, Oda, Forrest, Tarawa   

davemclaren
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

There wasn't much dubious about the first one but the second was definitely soft but that's the handball interpretation nowadays for you. 

I thought they were both penalties under current rules.  

The Tackle
7 minutes ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

We have to play our “normal game” which I think is go toe to toe with them from the off.  Not kamikaze, but confident and positive.  

Sitting in and inviting pressure reinforces (a) an inferior mentality, (b) means they probably will score, especially with the ref no doubt itching to give them everything and anything.  That doesn’t mean the defence being tight, the midfield battle needing to be won etc.

Clark

Atkinson                                                                   Cochrane

Grant 

Should win with 12 players 

karipidis
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I thought they were both penalties under current rules.  

agreed, having listened to the analysis on the radio I thought it was going to be a shocker but one of the clearer pens you will see based on the handball law. It is a stupid rule but 100% a penalty. 

karipidis
10 minutes ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Clark

Grant 

Not sure we’ll get away with that…

davemclaren
1 minute ago, karipidis said:

agreed, having listened to the analysis on the radio I thought it was going to be a shocker but one of the clearer pens you will see based on the handball law. It is a stupid rule but 100% a penalty. 

👍

No way on this big blue planet , will we be allowed to win that game. I’ve already set my mind to the shenanigans that will be going on. The very best we can hope for is a draw.

johnking123
15 minutes ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Clark

Grant 

Rangers will have the 12th man. Not us 😆

PapaShango
6 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

No way on this big blue planet , will we be allowed to win that game. I’ve already set my mind to the shenanigans that will be going on. The very best we can hope for is a draw.

Yeah always tough through there and we won't get any 50/50 decisions that's for sure. Got to play with confidence and try not to get pinned in without any out ball. That was the way it went last time through there, we just couldn't get up the pitch second half. Need to play well, with no mistakes and don't give VAR even a sniff of giving them a penalty, because if we are winning they will look for any infringement in the box as an excuse to give them a penalty. 

tiger Rudi
18 minutes ago, Jambo dans les Pyrenees said:

Clark

Grant 

I will stick to 11 lol 😁

I know we normally play a 3 that turns into a 5 against the OF, but I would change it. 

Hoff and Beni sitting in front of a 4 with the two wide men in the 3 protecting the fullbacks when we are under a bit of pressure. They obviously need to provide an attacking threat and support for Shanks as well. We have players with good engines in Forrest and Oda that can do that. I would possibly sacrifice Cochrane for this one and play Kingsley at LB. 

1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Yeah always tough through there and we won't get any 50/50 decisions that's for sure. Got to play with confidence and try not to get pinned in without any out ball. That was the way it went last time through there, we just couldn't get up the pitch second half. Need to play well, with no mistakes and don't give VAR even a sniff of giving them a penalty, because if we are winning they will look for any infringement in the box as an excuse to give them a penalty. 

The foul count will look like it’s on a parity on match reports, but , their fouls awarded will be in dangerous areas, ours will be back at our own 25 yard area. I’ve even seen breaks that were on being stopped by the ref to bring the play back for a foul to US.

The refs and association are bent in this country, no one will convince me otherwise. Just look at the pressure rangers are putting on the SPFL with the letter, and the pressure on the SFA with the Collum shenanigans, they KNOW what they’re doing, and they know they are doing it at exactly the right moment.

JimmyCant
33 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

And the Hun in the black is?

Most probably Beaton. I’d much prefer Collum over any of the choice’s available 

Shipwrecked
27 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

There are no depths that they won't stoop to if needed. Remember having 7 men in 96 and Miko being sent off at Tynie. Naismith needs to do a Fergie and speak out about the need for a strong ref (and VAR) to put the spotlight on them. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
31 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Rangers will have the 12th man. Not us 😆

13 men in blue these days

Go for it 1308
4 hours ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I'd rather draw with both Old Firm than beat one in the next few games. We'd be a point worse off, but it keeps the unbeaten run going if we take care of Hibs too.

1-1 Shankland.

Bugger that mate. You should never talk about wanting a draw. The whole point of football is to win the game 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
25 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I will stick to 11 lol 😁

I know we normally play a 3 that turns into a 5 against the OF, but I would change it. 

Hoff and Beni sitting in front of a 4 with the two wide men in the 3 protecting the fullbacks when we are under a bit of pressure. They obviously need to provide an attacking threat and support for Shanks as well. We have players with good engines in Forrest and Oda that can do that. I would possibly sacrifice Cochrane for this one and play Kingsley at LB. 

Can’t see SN starting with 2 in midfield. We’ll start with a very similar set up as last time and trust that our improved performances of late will carry us to victory this time...IMO

Go for it 1308
4 hours ago, Aussie Jambo said:

They were both penalties 

Biggest test yet. Rangers are also flying.

That performance at Celtic Park should be the blueprint on how we play.

tiger Rudi
4 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Can’t see SN starting with 2 in midfield. We’ll start with a very similar set up as last time and trust that our improved performances of late will carry us to victory this time...IMO

It won't be two in midfield. Fraser, Tait or preferably Grant will play in front of Hoff and Beni. 

3 hours ago, OBE said:

Since our last visit to Ibrox, the rangers haven't improved...we have, enormously. One concern though, VAR, still the first name on the rangers team sheet.

The rangers are ordinary, that's why they're afforded so many game changing decisions, Clement has them falling over, feigning injury at every opportunity, we need to be switched on.

Big if, but if the referee allows, Hearts a fair crack of the whip...we'll be absolutely fine.  

Not sure I agree. I think both teams have improved since our last visit. Nothing to fear though, would like to see us a have a proper go at them.

We don’t want to change too much but at the same time we can’t be naive against them and just “have a go”, they are much much stronger than the rest of the teams we’ve played recently so we will have to make sure we pick our opportunities wisely or they’ll turn us over. The last visits to Glasgow we’ve played it perfectly by boxing clever resulting in a win at Parkhead and what really should have been another at Ibrox.

If we’re to go one better than our nearly moment we will need to be switched on defensively first and foremost, any lapses are more likely to be punished. When we get the ball we need to get in behind their press and counter with pace, that means players being brave on the ball and not panicking. Vargas/Forrest will be our biggest weapons in getting the ball towards their box, they need to try & force their backline to run towards their own goal. 

We can do this, they’re not unbeatable by any stretch but it’s going to require a hell of a lot of dig from everyone, luckily our team have character and hopefully shouldn’t be fazed by the occasion. 

PapaShango
47 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

If it's Collum he will be under massive scrutiny after the last OF and likely give us hee haw. I would prefer Clancy (never thought I would say that), he was pretty fair when we won at Parkhead and has probably been the best out of a bad bunch this season. 

Ex member of the SaS

I heard this conspiracy theory:

We beat or draw with Sevco to allow Celtic to catch up and keep the bigot fest going, or Sevco win to increase the gap and we beat or draw with Celtic to leave Sevco well in front.

Time will tell but not holding out much hope.

JimmyCant
7 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

I heard this conspiracy theory:

We beat or draw with Sevco to allow Celtic to catch up and keep the bigot fest going, or Sevco win to increase the gap and we beat or draw with Celtic to leave Sevco well in front.

Time will tell but not holding out much hope.

Not seeing a conspiracy there. We will either win draw or lose against either or both. I don’t imagine we give a tuppeny toss about who benefits or who gets damaged or indeed who wins the league

One things for sure, we’ll likely have a huge say about who’s winning the league and I wouldn't be at all surprised if neither of them beat us in the next week or so.

Ian Black 8

Need to go to Ibrox with no fear n play the way we have been playing over recent months .. Rangers will be a different animal to what we’ve faced recently but can’t change our approach fully to suit them as a goal for them in that time ur just chasing the game. Ibrox will get impatient as time goes on… we have got goals in this team 🎯👏🏼

JimmyCant
22 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

If it's Collum he will be under massive scrutiny after the last OF and likely give us hee haw. I would prefer Clancy (never thought I would say that), he was pretty fair when we won at Parkhead and has probably been the best out of a bad bunch this season. 

Collum is genetically a Celtic man. Beaton is genetically a Rangers man. Neither of them can help themselves when it comes to favouring their team. Neither should be permitted to referee their team. It wouldn’t happen in any other country, just here. So if we’re getting an official with known bias, I’d rather it was Collum.

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Me too - amazing isn’t it! 🤷‍♂️