*** official Rangers v Heart of Midlothian match day thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Just watched the highlights back and just as bad watching 2nd time back!

1st goal. Natty goes on a run into middle of the park, gives away possession about 35 yards out then out of position, leaving Cortes with room on their left. Beni too deep then jumps in and diomande skips past him

2nd goal - rowles gives ball away 40 yards out. Cortes totally unmarked on their left. Wheres akky?? He's nowhere to be seen. Even when highlights almost shows the whole pitch. Was he off the park?? 

3rd goal - rowles again. Loses dessers. Simple ball over the top beats him. Schoolboy stuff

4th goal - amateur stuff. Forrest gives the boy too much room to cross in. Akky and Kent let dessers get in between them. Kent mistimes jump and misses the ball. Akky seems to knock the goal back across goal. No idea what beni is doing. Just hits it off dessers. Then Kent seems to knock the ball back across goal for an open goal for dessers that even he can't miss

5th goal - shanland let's lundstrum get past him too easy. Kent loses the run of silva and let's him get the shot away. 

Akky had a hand in 3 of the goals for me. He gives the ball away too easily and too often and in dangerous positions. A better right back must be the priority in the summer. He gives the attackers too much space. Attackers must love playing against him. Rowles at fault for 2 of the goals, Beni 2 and Kent 2. 

I thought rangers were good but we were horrendous and made it easy for them.

You missed out ;- 1st Clark beaten once again from outside the box, doesn’t move feet just dives. 
3rd and 4th he should’ve come for the crosses. 5th should’ve saved. 
On top of the mistakes you have highlighted. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

Rocky jamboa
16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You missed out ;- 1st Clark beaten once again from outside the box, doesn’t move feet just dives. 
3rd and 4th he should’ve come for the crosses. 5th should’ve saved. 
On top of the mistakes you have highlighted. 

Nah, not for me. The 1st, 2nd and 5th are good finishes to be fair. Just inside the post. Not many keepers saving those. Maybe could have done better with the 5th with it being a tight angle. 

The 3rd and 4th were crosses outside the 6 yard box and the 3rd was wide of the goal. I feel they're too far our for him to come for them.

Saying that, would Gordon have stopped any of those? Maybe. Gordon a better shot stopper so I'd be tempted to bring him in on Wednesday. 

Edited by Rocky jamboa

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Nah, not for me. The 1st, 2nd and 5th are good finishes to be fair. Just inside the post. Not many keepers saving those. Maybe could have done better with the 5th with it being a tight angle. 

The 3rd and 4th were crosses outside the 6 yard box and the 3rd was wide of the goal. I feel they're too far our for him to come for them.

Saying that, would Gordon have stopped any of those? Maybe. Gordon a better shot stopper so I'd be tempted to bring him in on Wednesday. 

Both looping crosses land in the 6 yard box, we lost the winner to an identical cross last time there, he has to come for them. 
Gordon saves 1st and 5th. 
He does everything better than Clark and as you say should return on Wednesday. 

PortyBeach
On 24/02/2024 at 21:06, ducatiboy said:

Absolutely brutal, I can’t stand this consistent shit the bed against this lot…

I agree. Clement had his team fired up for this which I think shows he anticipated a difficult match 😳.

We needed warriors out there on Saturday to match that intensity and instead we got a naive, feckless, reaction.

The reasons for that is a big question for Naismith and his staff to answer. 
No disrespect (well, not too much 😊) to Hibs, but I don’t think we should measure our status in the Scottish game against them.

Winning derby matches is always sweet, but in my view it shouldn’t mask what was an abject failure at Ibrox in a match that should have been a platform for Hearts to make a statement of intent. 

TexasAndy

Surprised we lost?  No.  Surprised we got hammered?  A little bit.  Just disappointed at how easily we cave in against them and have done for a few seasons now.  The disappointment is if we play them in the Scottish Cup assuming we both get through, we won't go in to that withy any degree of confidence.  Anyway it's done and we move on and what better than a home derby to put this one to bed.

ArcticJambo
8 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

4th goal - amateur stuff. Forrest gives the boy too much room to cross in. Akky and Kent let dessers get in between them. Kent mistimes jump and misses the ball. Akky seems to knock the goal back across goal. No idea what beni is doing. Just hits it off dessers. Then Kent seems to knock the ball back across goal for an open goal for dessers that even he can't miss

Was a foul, a push on Kent by that Tam lad, clear as day and contributed to Kent mis clearing for the tap in. Of course rgey're seeminging to do the right think by going to VAR on a hand ball that was clearly not even in real time.

They're sleekit *****!

On 24/02/2024 at 23:44, FionaHmfc said:

He also made the effort to attend a disabled supporters event tonight and spent plenty time chatting, laughing away and taking photos with fans. Something he gave us up his own time to do on a Saturday night. Probably the last thing he wanted to do after a 5-0 loss but done it anyway. Same with Cochrane. 

Just skimming through the thread and read your post, thanks for sharing. It’s wonderful to read about the things players do for our fans.

Watt-Zeefuik

Hearts Standard just posted this analysis. The amount of space left consistently all over the park makes me think some of this was a management mistake. Was the game plan to sit off of their players like this? If it were just one or two, I'd call it individual mistakes, but the whole team (except Cochrane) were doing it.

https://www.heartsstandard.co.uk/news/24143337.many-warnings-hearts-failed-heed-rangers-defeat/

21 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Just watched the highlights back and just as bad watching 2nd time back!

1st goal. Natty goes on a run into middle of the park, gives away possession about 35 yards out then out of position, leaving Cortes with room on their left. Beni too deep then jumps in and diomande skips past him

2nd goal - rowles gives ball away 40 yards out. Cortes totally unmarked on their left. Wheres akky?? He's nowhere to be seen. Even when highlights almost shows the whole pitch. Was he off the park?? 

3rd goal - rowles again. Loses dessers. Simple ball over the top beats him. Schoolboy stuff

5th goal - shanland let's lundstrum get past him too easy. Kent loses the run of silva and let's him get the shot away. 

Akky had a hand in 3 of the goals for me. He gives the ball away too easily and too often and in dangerous positions. A better right back must be the priority in the summer. He gives the attackers too much space. Attackers must love playing against him. Rowles at fault for 2 of the goals, Beni 2 and Kent 2. 

I thought rangers were good but we were horrendous and made it easy for them.

That’s 6 think 5 bad enough.

Bongo 1874
2 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Hearts Standard just posted this analysis. The amount of space left consistently all over the park makes me think some of this was a management mistake. Was the game plan to sit off of their players like this? If it were just one or two, I'd call it individual mistakes, but the whole team (except Cochrane) were doing it.

https://www.heartsstandard.co.uk/news/24143337.many-warnings-hearts-failed-heed-rangers-defeat/

Why didn't the captain address this with his fellow players?

Wee Mikey
8 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Because he's a dis-interested, blue-nose doing his very best to undermine Hearts?

He even deliberately hit the post with his late header just to take the piss.

Do maintain your one man anti-Shankland campaign as you're clearly onto something. 👍

Bazzas right boot
9 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What? like tell rangers to hold the bus and give Shankland 5 minutes to sort out the problem?

Wtf you on about?

It's also captain hindsight stuff and really not the captains responsibility to sort out the formation and tactics. 

You know that tho.

I know you're really,  really scrambling to not give any  blame to Naismith and with no Bob to pin every single mistake on It's difficult for you,  but to hold Shankland responsible is beyond belief.

Your crusade to try and justify your stance on dropping Shankland is one of your daftest and strangest agendas yet.

Stranger than your love in with Stendel. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
12 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Was their conclusion to drop and never play Shankland again unless he signs an extension?

Watt-Zeefuik
13 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Because he told them, "lads, third is sewn up, let's just blow this game because it'll really wind up Bongo on JKB.

Other than that, I can't think of why a striker didn't get into telling his defenders how to do their jobs better.

AlexJiang21

Anybody know if there's a marching towards Tynecastle prior to the game?

Even better telling me the time and start point

Much appreciated.:)

Bongo 1874
6 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Because he's a dis-interested, blue-nose doing his very best to undermine Hearts?

He even deliberately hit the post with his late header just to take the piss.

Do maintain your one man anti-Shankland campaign as you're clearly onto something. 👍

Anti Shankland, the boys a good player,I want him to commit his future to Hearts.