*** official Rangers v Heart of Midlothian match day thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Graham Thomson

I think Atkinson going forward works against poorer teams, but he just isn't good enough either attacking or defending against the top teams .. 

I hope we play a back 4 against Hibs. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We have been awful against Rangers all season when we play a back 5, they have too much space, anyone who doesn’t know a 4231 pushes a 532 back is clueless. The best we played was at home with a back 4. We didn’t miss those two when they were away at all. 

Spot on 👍 and one of issues today.

Edited by Bongo 1874

PapaShango
16 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think he's earned the derby. 

Do agree though, shoogly peg now. Lose the derby and it’s Gordon to the end of the season for me. 

No place for sentiment when you have Gordon on the bench and we know how good he is. Time for him to come back in on Wednesday for me.

mellors1874

Why we persist with a back 5 against Rangers boils my piss.

Nielson got it wrong against them and so does Naismith only manager who has beaten Rangers recently Stendel.

Play a back 4 and a midfield 3 with 2 wide players supporting the striker.

Rangers build everything through Tav and who ever plays left back.

Take them out they have to go long.

Aberdeen who have been shite all season give them a game we don't its bloody infuriating.

Lone Striker
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes I am, haven’t laid a glove on the ***** all season. Far to pally with them, loaning a player and playing closed doors friendlies. Only a few months ago they were watching an OF game before our home game in the dressing room, their team got beat and we did too. 

So prior to our unexpected win at Parkhead, were all our regular defeats to Celtic down to Tim sympathisers in our club ?

LogicalEric
11 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

The boy that scored had freedom of the park. What happened to allow 

Cortes? Probably as we were in possession, Rowles being a centre back and losing possession is kinda going to result in a void of space to go into. 

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I actually go to games, you silly gobshite fool, so funnily enough don't spend those games glued to my phone.

I don't go to Ibrox though so 👋

The irony of you accusing anyone of arguing on here is hilarious. 🤣

This.

Lives in a fantasy world 

Selkirkhmfc1874

Bad day at the office , we've been on a fantastic run and we go again on Wednesday 

Pasquale for King

These slow starts were always going to be a problem against better teams, we were 2 nothing up against Celtic before they knew it and could then stay back. When you lose an early goal the formation doesn’t work. 
Really didn’t see that result coming today with our form and having seen them wasn’t that impressed tbh. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

No place for sentiment when you have Gordon on the bench and we know how good he is. Time for him to come back in on Wednesday for me.

Definitely 

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, henryheart said:

Was he was more than competent playing for Australia in the World Cup finals last year?

Juwon Oshaniwa another World Cup Star 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, allystrachan said:

Zander Clark’s season & ideas of going to the Euros ends on that 5th goal. 

No way you can lose 5 & keep Gordon out the team. 

Absolutely, was always going to happen 🤦🏽.

brawlad74

Massive man management job for Naisy to get whole team up for derby after today's shafting. Can't allow Hubs to be first out the blocks. 

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Bad day at the office , we've been on a fantastic run and we go again on Wednesday 

Seen better Hearts sides go to Ibrox and take a beating. The annoying thing with this one is that it was self inflicted. I want to have a good look at two of the goals. They seemed to really get the benefit of tight VAR calls for two of them.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

So prior to our unexpected win at Parkhead, were all our regular defeats to Celtic down to Tim sympathisers in our club ?

If your memory serves you we nearly always play well and give them a game, we will do so again next week. Yet we always lose to a slightly inferior Rangers and play poorly? 
Just a coincidence eh?

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, mellors1874 said:

Why we persist with a back 5 against Rangers boils my piss.

Nielson got it wrong against them and so does Naismith only manager who has beaten Rangers recently Stendel.

Play a back 4 and a midfield 3 with 2 wide players supporting the striker.

Rangers build everything through Tav and who ever plays left back.

Take them out they have to go long.

Aberdeen who have been shite all season give them a game we don't its bloody infuriating.

Spot on 

ArcticJambo
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

These slow starts were always going to be a problem against better teams, we were 2 nothing up against Celtic before they knew it and could then stay back. When you lose an early goal the formation doesn’t work. 
Really didn’t see that result coming today with our form and having seen them wasn’t that impressed tbh. 

Neither did I. It shouldn't have happened BUT it did, it's Hearts it always happens through there. I think it's the one thing that really ****s me off following Hearts.  All teh other stuff I can handle reasonably well these days, not getting turned over time and time again in Glasgiow. I'd take meek 1 or 2 nil-ers but not these didn't lay a glove on them humpings!

Pasquale for King
13 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I'm still unclear how you're calling nearly winning a match at Ibrox "awful."

How many times, we were terrible the whole game and Shankland scored, we deserved to lose by all manner of calculations. Bye now, life is too short. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, ArcticJambo said:

Neither did I. It shouldn't have happened BUT it did, it's Hearts it always happens through there. I think it's the one thing that really ****s me off following Hearts.  All teh other stuff I can handle reasonably well these days, not getting turned over time and time again in Glasgiow. I'd take meek 1 or 2 nil-ers but not these didn't lay a glove on them humpings!

Agreed 👍🏽

henrysmithsgloves

Ach well😔 then I think Hibs😀😀 but just shows we have a mountain to climb to be able to compete with the arse cheeks ❤️❤️G❤️

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

I actually go to games, you silly gobshite fool, so funnily enough don't spend those games glued to my phone.

I don't go to Ibrox though so 👋

The irony of you accusing anyone of arguing on here is hilarious. 🤣

You find time to post after defeats and to wind folk uo but not after wins.

How does that work?

How convenient .

Bazzas right boot
Just now, PapaShango said:

Has Naismith gave his comments yet? 

Nah, but whatever he says I've decided I'm gonna be raging.

And if he says nothing,  I'll be raging.

PapaShango
3 minutes ago, Deepfriedpizza said:

Midfield was terrible. Could have done with an extra player in there, I think. 

I would like to see Tait start on Wednesday he’s the best we have at retaining the ball. 

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Didn't say they went and won but said they keep it a lot tighter.

How many batterings have we had by those two over the decades ?

Thought today would be different but brown shorts were on at Harthill as usual.

Feel free to compare other clubs head ti head, I don't think your comment will stack up, although it might.

PapaShango
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, but whatever he says I've decided I'm gonna be raging.

And if he says nothing,  I'll be raging.

It wasn’t a dig at him I was just interested to hear his comments. Even if we had been at it today would still have been a big ask the way Rangers played. They are going to take a bit of stopping winning the league IMO.

Is Shankland suspended for Wednesday after that booking? Have a few Hibee mates trying to noise me up but I think they're at it.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

It wasn’t a dig at him I was just interested to hear his comments. Even if we had been at it today would still have been a big ask the way Rangers played. They are going to take a bit of stopping winning the league IMO.

Yeah, they have momentum and confidence. 

Hopefully our " over due" result v them is in the sc final!

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, 19052012 said:

Is Shankland suspended for Wednesday after that booking? Have a few Hibee mates trying to noise me up but I think they're at it.

Nope. There's no suspension after 6 bookings once half the season has been played. Then you have to get to 12 for the season and you get a double suspension for that.

Bongo 1874
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The formation we are most comfortable in is 4231/433 this playing an extra centre half is not for me.

Bongo 1874
7 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I would like to see Tait start on Wednesday he’s the best we have at retaining the ball. 

Spot on.

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

Usually two weeks after I think but could be wrong, good to know they’re paying such close attention to our players bookings. 

LarrysRightFoot

No point in pretending our terrible starts weren’t going to catch up with us once we played a competent side. 

Plenty people seemed to think it was ok to effectively give the other side the first to allow us to figure them out - it may work against average sides which most teams in this league (including us) are. Rangers are far from great but they are a different level to most we play and they’ve shown us up for what we are and have proven the idea of starting poorly isn’t sustainable. 

On the plus side it will surely mean we start like a train in the derby. 

Get up brush ourselves down and give the hobos a humping and we won’t even think about this game , football has a short memory. fTH 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Usually two weeks after I think but could be wrong, good to know they’re paying such close attention to our players bookings. 

Grasping at every straw they can clutch.

Lone Striker
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If your memory serves you we nearly always play well and give them a game, we will do so again next week. Yet we always lose to a slightly inferior Rangers and play poorly? 
Just a coincidence eh?

At Parkhead, we've seldom competed well (apart from  the recent game, and short spells in some others).   Since Clement came in, Rangers are a different animal compared to the Beale team.    imo, the slow starts we've made to lots of games this season was again a major factor today - Rangers were not only hungry to win, but they were motivated to keep chasing goals  to increase their  goal diff.  Sad to say, we contributed to our own downfall today - and they've  simply got better players than us in most positions.

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The formation we are most comfortable in is 4231/433 this playing an extra centre half is not for me.

Me neither, how anyone can favour a formation that rarely works out with results or performances is unbelievable. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, 19052012 said:

Grasping at every straw they can clutch.

As usual 

Bongo 1874
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

At Parkhead, we've seldom competed well (apart from  the recent game, and short spells in some others).   Since Clement came in, Rangers are a different animal compared to the Beale team.    imo, the slow starts we've made to lots of games this season was again a major factor today - Rangers were not only hungry to win, but they were motivated to keep chasing goals  to increase their  goal diff.  Sad to say, we contributed to our own downfall today - and they've  simply got better players than us in most positions.

Rangers are nothing special, I Gurantee If we match them in midfield and get them at Tynecastle after the split, we will beat them.

Midfield is key against old firm.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

I’ve seen them a few times and not been impressed, a few weeks ago when Aberdeen lost because of two GK mistakes. 
We need to play differently against them from now on as they must love coming up against us, Beales teams gave us some doings too. 

GorgieFifeLife
42 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

This game will have no effect on the Derby other than a kick up the arse for our players.

You can’t possibly know that.  Losing so heavily and not even doing the basics could easily erode confidence in the squad.

pettigrewsstylist
54 minutes ago, steveo654 said:

Rowles with the worst individual performance i have seen in 10 years.

Nope, nope and thrice nope

hearts-steven-maclean-PTHCXE.thumb.jpg.8d1cba3486ae5d2b21577f67fb5d5aaf.jpgimages.jpeg.jpg.1d29f6e38aa33481a92d63652c9205e9.jpg

gar jambo
32 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

No he’s not 

Benny Klack

Sh1te afternoon - it’s the hope that kills ya !

Bad timing of 1st and third goals but we shat the bed big style today.

Hope that’s it out our system ahead of the Hubz game. 

PortyBeach

What can you say? 
My gut reaction is that for us this was/is today a shambles. Conceding in 2 mins? Pathetic.

In my opinion, there’s not a five-goal difference between the two teams.

So what the **** explains the capitulation? Bacause that’s what today is all about.

south morocco
Just now, jr ewing said:

Unsure about the starting XI  after that debacle. 

It’s only ONE game against the current league leaders. Jesus. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, south morocco said:

It’s only ONE game against the current league leaders. Jesus. 

Unbelievable isn't it?