*** official Rangers v Heart of Midlothian match day thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

What can you say? 
My gut reaction is that for us this was/is today a shambles. Conceding in 2 mins? Pathetic.

In my opinion, there’s not a five-goal difference between the two teams.

So what the **** explains the capitulation? Bacause that’s what today is all about.

You explained the capitulation yourself. 

We conceded early then compounded it with defensive mistakes. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

Hearts1975
56 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

You can’t possibly know that.  Losing so heavily and not even doing the basics could easily erode confidence in the squad.

Or, The squad is feckin raging at what just happened. 

They have let themselves down, just came off a run of winning 28 points in 30, and now have the rats firmly in their sights to take it out on. 

One bad performance and result doesnt erode confidence, if the mentality was growing and getting stronger by the minute, and thats what has been happening recently  

buzzbomb1958

If you have a shit defence and a pussy midfield this has to be expected against a team who’s players are on an average wage of 20k a week, the gulf is enormous but we have to go there looking at damage limitation, other smaller clubs do and hardly ever get a hiding like today , yes we are third in the league but look below us , nothing but a pile of crap ,be honest we are not that good we are the best of the rest and the rest are shitier than us ,We won’t put a dent in the duopoly unless we gain a billionaire or the European money halts for the uglies. They have one more year of automatic Qualification for the league winner because of the coefficient but that is now in danger because of the Czech clubs creeping up on Sevcos place in the coefficient league , so until then I will be shouting on the Czech clubs to cut off that source of income ,in other words

FECK THE COEFFICIENT HHGH

Edited by buzzbomb1958

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Nope. There's no suspension after 6 bookings once half the season has been played. Then you have to get to 12 for the season and you get a double suspension for that.

Thank ****.

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

This post highlights our problem. He has been awful, jogging about closing nobody down for the goals. He is not alone. No where near getting pass marks when midfield has been awful. We need better then Hoff/Grant.

Agreed, all three MIA today though I thought Beni was  better than the other two. 

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Carter said:

Being honest a good few of those results could've gone the other way. Two wins against Dundee could've quite easily been two defeats. Important not to overreact but today is a sobering reality. Also shone a light on some of our players and their mentality.

Indeed, RC at home another one.  

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Gambo said:

What has he done to be excellent? The midfield has been non existent, totally invisible defending in a team getting humped 5-0 and he is excellent???😳Devlin and Forrest have contributed more than him so god knows how you would rate them?

Midfield was a huge part of the problem today.  When we were trying to play out from the back they weren’t showing for passes and when we were out of possession they weren’t defending the back three. As a result their press had virtually no opposition. 

PortyBeach
11 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Or, The squad is feckin raging at what just happened. 

They have let themselves down, just came off a run of winning 28 points in 30, and now have the rats firmly in their sights to take it out on. 

One bad performance and result doesnt erode confidence, if the mentality was growing and getting stronger by the minute, and thats what has been happening recently  

In my view it does erode confidence because it was an unacceptable response to today’s challenge.

Maybe I’m just feeling too sore, but I think, given recent form, a 0-5 reverse is an unacceptable and incomprehensible result. Simply unacceptable.

Hearts1975
2 minutes ago, PortyBeach said:

In my view it does erode confidence because it was an unacceptable response to today’s challenge.

Maybe I’m just feeling too sore, but I think, given recent form, a 0-5 reverse is an unacceptable and incomprehensible result. Simply unacceptable.

It is sore, I get that 

But .... Need a bit of perspective 

28 points out of 30 ... Prior to the game 

We just had a bad day out. Not the first time, and it won't be the last time we have been thumped through there 

I ain't happy about it either, but part of me, is now thinking that if there was any thought in that dressing room, of just having to turn up, and win games, hopefully that has now been destroyed and put to bed 

This is now a test of character. Keep hearing we are improving our mentality. After that result, now is the perfect time to come back, get angry, and use this as a catalyst 

We can't deal with it any other way 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, feej said:

I know, have been watching us for 50yrs so used to it but games like today don't make it any easier to watch.

I think we'll take care of Hibs on Wednesday but they'll be confident if things stay as they are today, god knows what Celtic will turn up.

I just get frustrated with some of the players decision making, half heartedness and lack of awareness and basic mistakes.

Yup,just because your up against a better opponent you just forget the basics???? Thats not right.

1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yup,just because your up against a better opponent you just forget the basics???? Thats not right.

👍

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Indeed, RC at home another one.  

Very much so. Today is a tough one as we've not on the face learned any lessons from the way we set up and performed in the league cup semi final. 

We lost, we move on. The game will be analysed, and hopefully some lessons will be learned.

Rest assured, some **** is going to get scudded by us before the end of the season, let’s make sure it’s Wednesday and then we can scud a few others as well.

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, sac said:

We lost, we move on. The game will be analysed, and hopefully some lessons will be learned.

Rest assured, some **** is going to get scudded by us before the end of the season, let’s make sure it’s Wednesday and then we can scud a few others as well.

We won’t be scudding anyone unless we improve our first half performances.  You can get away with it against most teams but not at Ibrox. 

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

If your memory serves you we nearly always play well and give them a game, we will do so again next week. Yet we always lose to a slightly inferior Rangers and play poorly? 
Just a coincidence eh?

In the 10 games against them between our last two wins we lost all 10 scored 9 goals lost 28 goals.  If that’s your idea of playing well and giving them a game🤷‍♂️

soonbe110
18 minutes ago, Carter said:

Very much so. Today is a tough one as we've not on the face learned any lessons from the way we set up and performed in the league cup semi final. 

Tbf they were very good today, the place was absolutely buzzing.  We had to avoid losing an early goal - 75 seconds🤷‍♂️

soonbe110
2 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Nope. There's no suspension after 6 bookings once half the season has been played. Then you have to get to 12 for the season and you get a double suspension for that.

Think that could be in England, not up here.  Think Shanklands suspension is one game 14 days after 6th yellow incurred.  If so he misses Dingwall. 

We must be one of the worst teams in the top flight for getting humped in the Weej. We lose more goals than the majority of teams in the top flight against the ugly sisters. Livi , St J, Ross County, St Mirren , they do not get shafted likee we do.  Why tell me why . It is gut wrenching. 

leipzig76
3 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

You'd think so. We don't all live in his strange little world though. 

Can't see us being caught. It would take a bigger collapse than two years ago.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

If you have a shit defence and a pussy midfield this has to be expected against a team who’s players are on an average wage of 20k a week, the gulf is enormous but we have to go there looking at damage limitation, other smaller clubs do and hardly ever get a hiding like today , yes we are third in the league but look below us , nothing but a pile of crap ,be honest we are not that good we are the best of the rest and the rest are shitier than us ,We won’t put a dent in the duopoly unless we gain a billionaire or the European money halts for the uglies. They have one more year of automatic Qualification for the league winner because of the coefficient but that is now in danger because of the Czech clubs creeping up on Sevcos place in the coefficient league , so until then I will be shouting on the Czech clubs to cut off that source of income ,in other words

Agreed, but even billionaires cant do much with FFP, look at Newcastle getting pumped as we speak. 

buzzbomb1958
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed, but even billionaires cant do much with FFP, look at Newcastle getting pumped as we speak. 

It wouldn’t even take a billionaire to win this league just someone with deep pockets who only wants success nothing else ,but that won’t happen I’m afraid , we just have to hope that the Czech teams  take over from Sevco in the coefficient table because after next season there will be no automatic qualification into Champions League that would slow them down big time

Edited by buzzbomb1958

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

It wouldn’t even take a billionaire to win this league just someone with deep pockets who only wants success nothing else ,but that won’t happen I’m afraid , we just have to hope that the Czech teams  take over from Sevco in the coefficient table because after next season there will be no automatic qualification into Champions League that would slow them down big time

Still not sure you can put that much money in to clubs, but you are right lets hope they stop getting the CL cash for being pumped. 

Pasquale for King
48 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We won’t be scudding anyone unless we improve our first half performances.  You can get away with it against most teams but not at Ibrox. 

Absolutely 

Drylaw Hearts

One of the worst performances at Ibrox I’ve seen in years,

Sort it out for Wednesday please.

PortyBeach
35 minutes ago, sac said:

But we didn’t just lose, surely?

We shat the bed. It was a capitulation, an acknowledgement we’re “just not good enough”.

Why the team responded in that way is another debate.

Today’s outcome and the manner of it, doesn’t compensate - for me at least - whether or not we “scud” some team beyond today.
I suppose we can rest assured we won’t be “scudding” Sevco…

jamborich

To be fair think this rangers team are a lot better than I gave them credit for look we have accept it move on the Hibs game is is the best game to get fans back on side, a blip yes disaster no

south morocco
1 hour ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

You’re a bit off. Compared to the teams with 20x our average wages we are shit. Hardly surprising, Well clear of everyone else. 

buzzbomb1958
4 minutes ago, south morocco said:

You’re a bit off. Compared to the teams with 20x our average wages we are shit. Hardly surprising, Well clear of everyone else. 

You didn’t see the point every team below us belongs in a fecking pub league 

Ron Burgundy
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just back in and not bothered to read the thread but **** me, that rangers press was impressive. 

We are so used to passing about at a snails pace that we were found out today. 

Fozzyonthefence
49 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Think that could be in England, not up here.  Think Shanklands suspension is one game 14 days after 6th yellow incurred.  If so he misses Dingwall. 

He’s not suspended for any games. 

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

We are so used to passing about at a snails pace that we were found out today. 

While that might be true in that we failed to prepare for rangers style (which wouldn’t be easy), I don’t think anyone on the league would have done much better against that press. We literally couldn’t spring two passes together at times and that’s not all on us so credit to them as well. 

soonbe110
Just now, Fozzyonthefence said:

He’s not suspended for any games. 

Hearts tv supposedly reported that was his sixth booking in the league today 

Ron Burgundy
Just now, GinRummy said:

While that might be true in that we failed to prepare for rangers style (which wouldn’t be easy), I don’t think anyone on the league would have done much better against that press. We literally couldn’t spring two passes together at times and that’s not all on us so credit to them as well. 

If you have a fit squad it’s deffo the way to play. Most players in our league are technically poor so any pressure causes panic. 
I don’t think our midfield has the legs for that though. 

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

I'm not even going to bother doing the standard jkb post loss (filled with hibs fans) chat. 

Obviously not good enough. 

Barely believable given we previously shd one of the best runs in European football. 

Speaks more to this league more than our quality imo guven how far she'd we are in 3rd. 

soonbe110
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just back in and not bothered to read the thread but **** me, that rangers press was impressive. 

It was.  Different class to everything else in Scottish football.  I hadn’t heard of a few of their players before today either but they were impressive. 

Just now, Ron Burgundy said:

If you have a fit squad it’s deffo the way to play. Most players in our league are technically poor so any pressure causes panic. 
I don’t think our midfield has the legs for that though. 

I agree. We got schooled today. As well as our midfield looking totally inadequate the left side of our defence (Rowles and Atkinson) were totally shown up. 

PortyBeach
8 minutes ago, jamborich said:

To be fair think this rangers team are a lot better than I gave them credit for look we have accept it move on the Hibs game is is the best game to get fans back on side, a blip yes disaster no

Five goals better than this Hearts team?

Lots of posters here bemoan - quite rightly - that St Mirren’s 0-5 reverse to Celtic in 1986 was a disgrace.

Depending on how the title race works out, it might not be unreasonable for some to point to this result and to ask the same questions we’ve done. 
I’m not suggesting there’s some conspiracy here, but I suspect some might view things differently…

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t know about you, but I’ve watched us many times at Ibrox over the years and we’ve not won many regardless of how we start or finish (check the stats) same at parkhead for that matter.

we have underperformed in Glasgow in my lifetime and as much as I want us to do better through there we are always going to be up against it.

sad but true.

1 hour ago, PortyBeach said:

But we didn’t just lose, surely?

We shat the bed. It was a capitulation, an acknowledgement we’re “just not good enough”.

Why the team responded in that way is another debate.

Today’s outcome and the manner of it, doesn’t compensate - for me at least - whether or not we “scud” some team beyond today.
I suppose we can rest assured we won’t be “scudding” Sevco…

Shat the bed, capitulation is a bit harsh. Losing the early goal doesn’t help and sets the tone. They get a lift and we are always going to have to dig deep to get back into it.

How many games in the last fifty years have we went behind there and won?

Edited by sac
Spelling

Hearts getting cuffed in Glasgow is not a new thing.

It's become so regular that it's not even worth taking notice of most of the time.

We are miles behind the Old Firm arseholes and will be for the rest of time unless something drastic happens.

This is just the way of it.

All that matters now is getting a response from the squad and smashing the vermin on Wednesday night.

south morocco
12 minutes ago, Cade said:

Hearts getting cuffed in Glasgow is not a new thing.

It's become so regular that it's not even worth taking notice of most of the time.

We are miles behind the Old Firm arseholes and will be for the rest of time unless something drastic happens.

This is just the way of it.

All that matters now is getting a response from the squad and smashing the vermin on Wednesday night.

Yip, totally