*** official Rangers v Heart of Midlothian match day thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

Lost to a better team, but it would have been nice to put up some sort of a fight. We just seemed to have capitulated and never really got stuck in.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

We were pish last season and at the beginning of this one. Since then we've put a decent run together, but by all accounts are very much a work in progress both on the park and off it. We were always due a humbling at some point, and that it's come away from home against the form team in the league with a proven manager and many times our budget shouldn't come as a surprise. We had a bad day at the office and made it comparatively easy for the better team. Our last two performances in Glasgow have been a lot better, so the expectations going in to this one were probably unrealistically high. It's the hope that kills you. :)

This! As well as we have played we were due for a humbling, regroup and move on!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

So you probably don't want to hear that it's also the formation we played in the last game at Ibrox when we were up 2-1 after 90 minutes. . .

We were 1 nothing up and got beat 2:1, get someone to google it for you. 

Just now, jackal said:

Poor day, hopefully the team come out of this with a point to prove.

Yes, I would expect nothing less from them.

20 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

In the last three minutes, Hoff took the ball off a Rangers midfielder, played a one-two with Cochrane, pushed the ball forward into our half and found Forrest in space down the line. He then intercepted the clearance and pushed it forward again for another pass.

And that's been typical of his play. I'm a Beni fan but he had a terrible day today (as did Kent, Rowles, Atkinson, and Grant). But Hoff has been fine.

Pity game lasts 90. Watch the first half goals /chances, his positioning is awful, lost, players running past him for fun. He is awful off the ball. We need better. He is not alone but others are not being described as excellent.

LogicalEric

Mistake by Rowles for the 2nd goal killed us. Looked like we were building a bit of momentum at that point.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aberdeen in a relegation battle for the shits n giggles. 

Killie aren't catching us.

As long as we don’t allow this result to affect our belief. Rangers look like champions now and are bang in form, yes we gave them gifts but just need to hold up the hands, beat by the better team so move swiftly on and get it out the system quickly 

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If our unbeaten 12 game run was to end (as it inevitably would)  then losing to one of the OF is probably the least bad way for it to happen. 

Indeed. 

frankblack
5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

How many times have we rolled over in the last 12  games?

We have had a fairly kind run of fixtures.

Repeat that statement in 10 days time and see if it holds up.

Defending as a team was chronic today, too easy to blame individual defenders when midfield are non existent.

tiger Rudi

Well that was just crap tbh. 

Plus points...... Hoff done ok, Tagawa had some nice moments when he came on. Devlin got more minutes. 

Unfortunately Atkinson, Kent and Rowles were all very poor. You can't hope to give them a game when 3 of your defenders have their worst games of the season. 

Add the fact that Kingsley is shoehorned into playing on the right...... Why has a club the size of Hearts not brought in a right sided defender? 

Questions for Wednesday? 

If we are going to be attacking and having a right go at them.... Lembi for Atkinson. A midfield of Devlin, Tait and Hoff.

Gordon just might get a start too. I think it's time. 

We will bounce back, it's the perfect game for the players to put this shit show behind them!! 

pettigrewsstylist
10 minutes ago, DalryJambo said:

Well, if nothing else this stops everyone getting too far ahead of themselves and highlights the areas that require improvement. The shift the club needs to make from aiming for 3/4 in our league to 2/3 is huge. 

Whilst obviously disappointing, this shouldn't be that surprising given the difference in wage bill.

Not really about catching the uglies. Its more about how we can compete in UEFA comps for me. 

Pasquale for King

Four games against them, four defeats, 11-2 aggregate score. Too many hun sympathisers all over the club. 

sandylejambo

Put it down to a bad day at the office, Wednesday is all important, we'll see if we need to leather some players or kiss their boots 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Pity game lasts 90. Watch the first half goals /chances, his positioning is awful, lost, players running past him for fun. He is awful off the ball. We need better. He is not alone but others are not being described as excellent.

Spot on 

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, gator said:

This! As well as we have played we were due for a humbling, regroup and move on!

The nature of the wake-up call will do us little harm going in to the derby if the management and coaching team can spin the psychology effectively.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

Well that was just crap tbh. 

Plus points...... Hoff done ok, Tagawa had some nice moments when he came on. Devlin got more minutes. 

Unfortunately Atkinson, Kent and Rowles were all very poor. You can't hope to give them a game when 3 of your defenders have their worst games of the season. 

Add the fact that Kingsley is shoehorned into playing on the right...... Why has a club the size of Hearts not brought in a right sided defender? 

Questions for Wednesday? 

If we are going to be attacking and having a right go at them.... Lembi for Atkinson. A midfield of Devlin, Tait and Hoff.

Gordon just might get a start too. I think it's time. 

We will bounce back, it's the perfect game for the players to put this shit show behind them!! 

Drop your boy Rowles and play a back 4 would be a start, save changing ot at HT as usual. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Four games against them, four defeats, 11-2 aggregate score. Too many hun sympathisers all over the club. 

FFS

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Sadly they play your idol's losers next otherwise they might be getting worried up there.

Cl still refusing to peg you?

Good to see you nice and active tho, just takes wee defeat to have you all over this place. 

Enjoying it?

Like clockwork. 

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, steveo654 said:

Rowles with the worst individual performance i have seen in 10 years.

The worst since Rowles against PAOK 

Decent enough player at SPL level but seems to get absolutely filleted when he faces any sort of quality 

il Duce McTarkin
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Typical old-school leftie. Things go against you and the default settings is to look for traitors.

:rofl:

frankblack
3 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Not really about catching the uglies. Its more about how we can compete in UEFA comps for me. 

That was my point.

Previous two years in Europe has shown us to be utter garbage at that level.

gordon simpson

crap day at the office let's move on and FT

2 minutes ago, steveo654 said:

away and throw shite at the moon 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, Gambo said:

Defending as a team was chronic today, too easy to blame individual defenders when midfield are non existent.

Our midfield are really a large part of how we can improve. Slow in body and mind. Neither streetwise or aggressive enough. Between them, shanks, cochrane, RB saga, the summer window looks potentially uncomfortable, again.

Well, we were awful  and completely deserved another humping in Glasgow, apart from a fluke result every ten years or so. We seen condemned to geetibg humped every time we venture to Glasgow despite 'lesser' teams doing a lot better. It an attitude problem. 

41 minutes ago, allystrachan said:

Zander Clark’s season & ideas of going to the Euros ends on that 5th goal. 

No way you can lose 5 & keep Gordon out the team. 

I think he's earned the derby. 

Do agree though, shoogly peg now. Lose the derby and its Gordon to the end of the season for me. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Cl still refusing to peg you?

Good to see you nice and active tho, just takes wee defeat to have you all over this place. 

Enjoying it?

Like clockwork. 

🤣

Oh dear.

Funnily enough, I was posting at 0-0...unlike yourself who only appeared when we were losing and Hibs were winning. 🤔

3 at the back, Atkinson starting. Was always going to end badly. He is irredeemably terrible, and hasn't improved one bit since he signed. Get rid immediately. 

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Decent enough player at SPL level but seems to get absolutely filleted when he faces any sort of quality 

Yip, problem is we rightly budget for 3rd place finish in Scotland top flight but cant afford quality to get beyond that. Ginnelly and Shankland example. 

It is what it is i suppose.

Lone Striker
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

:cornette:   Are you suggesting some of our players deliberately didn't try a leg because of who the opposition was ?

37 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Let’s wait and see how we go later in the week, didn’t fancy this game before the derby

This game will have no effect on the Derby other than a kick up the arse for our players.

pettigrewsstylist
12 minutes ago, LogicalEric said:

Mistake by Rowles for the 2nd goal killed us. Looked like we were building a bit of momentum at that point.

The boy that scored had freedom of the park. What happened to allow that?

13 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Aw switch off pal your embarrassing yourself!

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

:cornette:   Are you suggesting some of our players deliberately didn't try a leg because of who the opposition was ?

Yes I am, haven’t laid a glove on the ***** all season. Far to pally with them, loaning a player and playing closed doors friendlies. Only a few months ago they were watching an OF game before our home game in the dressing room, their team got beat and we did too. 

Watt-Zeefuik
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We were 1 nothing up and got beat 2:1, get someone to google it for you. 

I edited it about 90 seconds after I posted it. Does that still mean we rarely play well in it or that we haven't laid a glove on the orange midden all season?

Look, I'm all for differences of opinion but then there's just shite. We opened the season in a back 4 and were downright bad. After getting pumped 4-1 by Celtic at home we switched to the back 3 for the Ibrox match and nearly won the game. From then to the break we started every game in a back 3 going 8W1D3L, giving up 9 goals in those 12 matches.

During the Asia Cup absences we started in a back 4 and won all of our matches but still gave up 4 goals in 2 games to Dundee FFS as well as 2 goals in 2 matches to lower league sides in the cup.

Those are basic facts. "Aye but we didn't play well" fine, whatever you say, boss.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

🤣

Oh dear.

Funnily enough, I was posting at 0-0...unlike yourself who only appeared when we were losing and Hibs were winning. 🤔

It was 0-0 for 2 minutes!

All over this forum argueing with folk after a defeat, like a ghost during the games we win.

Bless your cotton socks, at least you're having fun.

Francis Albert
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I am old enough to remember 62/63. The last trophy win of our golden post war period and the last for another 38 years. Just 3 seasons since we were champions. At the end of that season we lost in the league 0-5 at home to Rangers and just 6 weeks later 1-5 at Ibrox. 10-1 losing aggregate in just two games when the financial gap was a tiny fraction of what it is today. No-one attributed it to "hun sympathers" and fortunately there was no internet.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Aw switch off pal your embarrassing yourself!

Enjoy the game with your half n half scarf?

Robbo-Jambo
28 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Aye, teams like St Johnstone,  Killie, Motherwell, etc are always going to Glasgow and winning.

All these teams have a great record in Glasgow. 

We should follow their football model.

Didn't say they went and won but said they keep it a lot tighter.

How many batterings have we had by those two over the decades ?

Thought today would be different but brown shorts were on at Harthill as usual.

Lambert Simnel

Lousy performance and result. Pretty disappointing, but I'm not sure it warrants some of the self-immolation we're seeing here. Our record over the last 13 games is one that anyone but the Old Firm would envy (and might still be better than Celtic, but I'm not going to worry too much about that). Learn, regroup, and win on Wednesday.  

14 minutes ago, steveo654 said:

you've not watched Hearts for 10 years if you think that's the worse performance in 10 years.

I can name some of Stendel's signings right off the bat for a start.

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, Robbo-Jambo said:

Didn't say they went and won but said they keep it a lot tighter.

How many batterings have we had by those two over the decades ?

Thought today would be different but brown shorts were on at Harthill as usual.

We need to make up our minds. Folk all over JKB say, "I don't care if we get a skelping, at least have a go, don't just sit in."

We could easily have parked the bus and lost 1-0 or 2-0. When the second goal went in we'd been on the ball for about 5 minutes and looked the more likely to score. We then pushed forward attacking players to try to get back in it and it got worse.

We can't say "I don't care if we get a skelping" and then moan when said skelping arrives hot and steaming on our doorstep.

henryheart
12 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Was he was more than competent playing for Australia in the World Cup finals last year?

19 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It was all Nieuwenhof's fault though

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I edited it about 90 seconds after I posted it. Does that still mean we rarely play well in it or that we haven't laid a glove on the orange midden all season?

Look, I'm all for differences of opinion but then there's just shite. We opened the season in a back 4 and were downright bad. After getting pumped 4-1 by Celtic at home we switched to the back 3 for the Ibrox match and nearly won the game. From then to the break we started every game in a back 3 going 8W1D3L, giving up 9 goals in those 12 matches.

During the Asia Cup absences we started in a back 4 and won all of our matches but still gave up 4 goals in 2 games to Dundee FFS as well as 2 goals in 2 matches to lower league sides in the cup.

Those are basic facts. "Aye but we didn't play well" fine, whatever you say, boss.

We have been awful against Rangers all season when we play a back 5, they have too much space, anyone who doesn’t know a 4231 pushes a 532 back is clueless. The best we played was at home with a back 4. We didn’t miss those two when they were away at all. 

Watt-Zeefuik
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

We have been awful against Rangers all season when we play a back 5, they have too much space, anyone who doesn’t know a 4231 pushes a 532 back is clueless. The best we played was at home with a back 4. We didn’t miss those two when they were away at all. 

I'm still unclear how you're calling nearly winning a match at Ibrox "awful."

Still believe we will get third. However this was a blue litmus test (literally) of how much more we have to improve to compete against the erse cheats. 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

It was 0-0 for 2 minutes!

All over this forum argueing with folk after a defeat, like a ghost during the games we win.

Bless your cotton socks, at least you're having fun.

I actually go to games, you silly gobshite fool, so funnily enough don't spend those games glued to my phone.

I don't go to Ibrox though so 👋

The irony of you accusing anyone of arguing on here is hilarious. 🤣