*** official Rangers v Heart of Midlothian match day thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

gordiegords
3 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yup we are lucky to have picked up the points when we have,Wednesday now comes with added pressure as we must see a reaction from the kickoff.

Genuine question but how have we been lucky to have picked up the points we have?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• pettigrewsstylist

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

PaddysBar
Just now, Shooter McGavin said:

Rangers are just really good, and today, we've been abjectly terrible.

Hibs on Wednesday though, so won't get a better chance to get back to winning ways, and we'll have 14 wins out of our last 18 games, so no need to overreact 👍

Spot on. We’ll be right up for Wednesday now. 

Bazzas right boot

Hearts pumped, hibs win, Scotland being shit.

Shite day.

Aberdeen getting beat is good, but even Ross county ****ed it up.

Booooooo

This might be the case. Tait ir Devlin with Hoff might be the better options. 

3 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Beni is still far too slow in mind and body these days and a liability in a game such as this.  And you can add the next two as well

SomethingAboutObua
5 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

Why do we always play so badly at Ibrox in particular when other sides can compete? Is it because we think we’re above parking the bus as the likes of Livi would?

They raise their game against us, we've been terrible but they've been excellent today. They don't rest their players against us, and today specifically they know they needed to better whatever the Celtic result is against us next weekend. Whoever had this fixture that was Rangers then Celtic st this point in the season was guaranteed an absolute doin, unfortunately it was us 

leipzig76
Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Shite day.

Booooooo

Is Killie not a bigger threat ?

1 minute ago, William H. Bonney said:

I'd probably rather watch another 45 minutes of this than watch ****ing rugby. 

😁

Sometimes I enjoy it, other times not fussed. I have it on in the background today. Prefer rugby league tbh.

heartmussel
2 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

4 at the back, Forrest moving forward is a must moving forward.  

Will be interesting to see if Gordon starts on Wed and if Rowles is dropped. 

Gordon and Devlin? Things will really need freshening up for Wednesday.

Des Lynam

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Shite day.

Booooooo

County are winning 3-2 

Pasquale for King
56 minutes ago, Hearts of Vladland said:

5-3-2 needs to be binned, we look horrendous everytime we play, it’s no shock that we come into games in the second half when we switch to 4-2-3-1.

No width up front so you are relying on Shankland to take down long balls or Vargas getting in behind. The defense seem to never pick anyone up in a 5 as well, it’s like the extra defender just makes them think someone else will pick them up.

Spot on

Watt-Zeefuik
7 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Correct.  Serious questions for me about whether Beni deserves to be first choice in our midfield. 

Hoff one of our best players in my opinion. 

I'm a Beni fan and he did better holding possession in the midfield today than most but defensively today he was absolutely wretched.

DalryJambo
13 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What is the point of getting into Europe with a team that rolls over like this every time?

Well, if nothing else this stops everyone getting too far ahead of themselves and highlights the areas that require improvement. The shift the club needs to make from aiming for 3/4 in our league to 2/3 is huge. 

Whilst obviously disappointing, this shouldn't be that surprising given the difference in wage bill.

frankblack

Looks like we went out with an attempted attacking line up and it fell well short.

Hopefully we won't make the same mistake on Sunday.  Some players are clearly not good enough for next season let alone now.

The Natural Order

This is a reality check and nothing more.

In reality we're an average team at best lifted by one or two better players. We're miles behind the Old Firm but well ahead of the other poor teams in a dog shit league.

Arthur Morgan
5 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

The only player who had the most time on the ball was Clark and that was just retrieving it from the back of the onion bag

I should say, based on the 2nd half stats 😂 Because I turned off at HT 🙈

I guess stats can be misleading!

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Just now, Hansel said:

Disappointed about getting pumped for sure. Not the 1st time we've shat the bed at Ibrox and it won't be the last. 

Beat the Hibs midweek and we'll have forgotten about today. Then maybe get something off celtic who have been poor recently.

I know, have been watching us for 50yrs so used to it but games like today don't make it any easier to watch.

I think we'll take care of Hibs on Wednesday but they'll be confident if things stay as they are today, god knows what Celtic will turn up.

I just get frustrated with some of the players decision making, half heartedness and lack of awareness and basic mistakes.

Pans Jambo

We have the ability but today, we didnt have the balls. Just wernt up for the fight in the first half. They closed us down and we let them. 

Watt-Zeefuik
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on

It's the formation we beat Celtic at Parkhead with.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

We have the ability but today, we didnt have the balls. Just wernt up for the fight in the first half. They closed us down and we let them. 

I think that sums it up.   This was about our mentality and some players just shat it today. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Horrible day. Bad performances all over the park.

Forget about it, next game.

Rocky jamboa
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Looks like we went out with an attempted attacking line up and it fell well short.

Hopefully we won't make the same mistake on Sunday.  Some players are clearly not good enough for next season let alone now.

I felt the opposite. Putting the extra man in defensive. I would have liked us to have gone 4231. 

Crap performance from the start today. Too many players not up to it. Grant anonymous as usual. The defence powder puff. 

Hopefully just a bad day at the office.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

County are winning 3-2 

Yeaaaah!

Aberdeen in a relegation fight.

gordiegords

Nothing like a trip to ibrox so make us look like amateurs, couldn’t pass wind, roll on wed though HHGH.

Francis Albert
20 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What is the point of getting into Europe with a team that rolls over like this every time?

How many times have we rolled over in the last 12  games?

The first half was crucial and we made a complete and utter **** of it. You can’t have Rowles and Atkinson giving the ball away like that, it’s no wonder we were 3 down.

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

Aberdeen in a relegation battle for the shits n giggles. 

Killie aren't catching us.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Watt-Zeefuik said:

It's the formation we beat Celtic at Parkhead with.

Look I’m not in the mood for you and your ill informed nonsense, we RARELY play well in this formation and we haven’t laid a glove on these orange ***** this season. 

allystrachan
25 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

What would the score be if Gordon was in goal?

3 or 4-0 no doubt.

I’m not blaming him for the defeat but you can’t lose 5 & keep Craig Gordon on the bench. 

Bull's-eye
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Shite day.

Booooooo

Heading off out with a sledgehammer to batter a few Jalopys ?

Gundermann
9 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

England f**** score.

What else is on like?

Sounds like a good day for both Great Satans...

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yeaaaah!

Aberdeen in a relegation fight.

Sadly they play your idol's losers next otherwise they might be getting worried up there.

Scott Leitch
7 minutes ago, leipzig76 said:

You'd think so. We don't all live in his strange little world though. 

il Duce McTarkin
30 minutes ago, Syd said:

Think it’s the manor of defeat rather than the defeat

28 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

If we were to lose by the odd goal it would.be fine.

It's the amateurish nonsense we have to deal with at Ibrox some fans can't deal with.

5-0 and a howler from Clark this time.

We were pish last season and at the beginning of this one. Since then we've put a decent run together, but by all accounts are very much a work in progress both on the park and off it. We were always due a humbling at some point, and that it's come away from home against the form team in the league with a proven manager and many times our budget shouldn't come as a surprise. We had a bad day at the office and made it comparatively easy for the better team. Our last two performances in Glasgow have been a lot better, so the expectations going in to this one were probably unrealistically high. It's the hope that kills you. :)

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

But he only plays well when we are on top, going forward and flying as we were last week in the last 20 minutes.

As a defender, when our backs are against the wall, he is a liability.  So, a luxury we can't afford.

Exactly, hasn’t improved since he arrived. 

Watt-Zeefuik
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Look I’m not in the mood for you and your ill informed nonsense, we RARELY play well in this formation and we haven’t laid a glove on these orange ***** this season. 

So you probably don't want to hear that it's also the formation we played in the last game at Ibrox when we were up 1-0 after 90 minutes. . .

Edited by Watt-Zeefuik

Francis Albert

If our unbeaten 12 game run was to end (as it inevitably would)  then losing to one of the OF is probably the least bad way for it to happen. 

Thank feck it's the Vermin next - what a perfect opportunity to put this one behind us.

FTH

2 minutes ago, liam11 said:

The first half was crucial and we made a complete and utter **** of it. You can’t have Rowles and Atkinson giving the ball away like that, it’s no wonder we were 3 down.

Spot on - at the third goal we had 4/5 mins of controlling the ball and looked threatening, then Rowles gives the ball away. You just can’t make that type of error against Rangers or Celtic …..as for the fourth goal…horrific!