Sibbick,Tagawa,Oda,other players let's encourage themšŸ‘.

Bongo 1874

JimmyCant
8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ā 

How has Tagawa had plenty chances?Ā 

Ā 

He's played just over 500 minutes in 7 months, most of which he missed due to injury.

I donā€™t think heā€™s had a fair chance for a concrete answer to be arrived at but it doesnā€™t look great based on what weā€™ve seen. Compare what weā€™ve seen of Tagawa with what weā€™ve seen of Tait (with much less minutes) and thereā€™s only one of those you can look at and think (so far) ā€˜Yep, playerā€™

Ā 

I keep harking back to Nieuwenhof who looked like a little boy lost who wouldnā€™t be here long but has really stepped up in the last few games. Thatā€™s what Tagawa needs to replicate, even if heā€™s only getting 15-20 minute cameos, just come off having contributed something tangible. So far heā€™s not really done that.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chimp

• Bongo 1874

• RustyRightPeg

• HopeDiouf

Bongo 1874
1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Ā 

The hypocrisy of the guy is next level. Slates players when it suits him then comes out with a thread like this, absolutely laughable!

Says the one who never wanted Naismith šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

Bull's-eye

Never happen in a million years. Way, way, way to many Hearts supporters have zero interest in the football and are 100% more concerned with gobbing off about who's Shitter than who, its ingrained in some, they dont enjoy the game and are purely there to have a go at their favourite blamehound of the moment.

Ā 

Been happening for years and showing no sign of disappearing unfortunately.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I donā€™t think heā€™s had a fair chance for a concrete answer to be arrived at but it doesnā€™t look great based on what weā€™ve seen. Compare what weā€™ve seen of Tagawa with what weā€™ve seen of Tait (with much less minutes) and thereā€™s only one of those you can look at and think (so far) ā€˜Yep, playerā€™

Ā 

I keep harking back to Nieuwenhof who looked like a little boy lost who wouldnā€™t be here long but has really stepped up in the last few games. Thatā€™s what Tagawa needs to replicate, even if heā€™s only getting 15-20 minute cameos, just come off having contributed something tangible. So far heā€™s not really done that.

Ā 

Problem is, Shankland very rarely comes off the field (and quite rightly). I don't see how he gets in unless he gets coached to play the right wing role similar to how Forrest plays off the left. Which for the record I can see him being able to do.Ā 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Says the one who never wanted Naismith šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

Ā 

What? I have always supported Naismith, and constantly said he should be given more time. Defended him numerous times and was happy with the appointment.

Ā 

Can you explain why you've just made up a blatant lie?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Bongo 1874
Just now, Chimp said:

Ā 

What? I have always supported Naismith, and constantly said he should be given more time. Defended him numerous times and was happy with the appointment.

Ā 

Can you explain why you've just made up a blatant lie?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Have you? You sure about that.

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Have you? You sure about that.

Ā 

Yep. I'm sure. You really are odd.

Ā 

Would you care to explain why you slate players but start threads telling everyone else not to do that? Genuinely curious.

ScandinavianJambo

100% agree šŸ‘

Ā 

Nieuwenhof is a perfect example of a player who got pelters on here. Not good enough, weak, clueless are some of the abuse that dripped of the pages... This tendancy to constantly and prematurely give up on players and , together with questioning why they get game time is a tad tiring.

Then comes the "well I'm glad he has proven me wrong" . Even when we are strolling games, the focus of some fans is to berate whoever is in their bad books.Ā 

We are winning and developing players, it is clear for anyone to see. Tagawa is a prime example of a player who just needs a break, and encouragement. This league is like no other and it will take some time for foreign players to adjust (as Hoof explained in his interview). Considering were our mighty team is at the moment, I think we can agree both to have time and encouragement to spare.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Edited by ScandinavianJambo

Bongo 1874
3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Ā 

Yep. I'm sure. You really are odd.

Ā 

Would you care to explain why you slate players but start threads telling everyone else not to do that? Genuinely curious.

Ā Ā On 27/10/2023 at 11:25,Ā Herbert.Ā said:

Ā 

He'sĀ taken too big a step to soon. He seems to have shat the bed a bit with the style of play and how he wants us to attack, I dunno if its how the board wantĀ us to play or if its just inexperience but we're back to the pish we had before. Winning a league with the B team and a few years under someone decent would give him experience and confidence to stick with the style of play he said he wanted to play and did at the end of last season. I think we could all take theĀ losses if we played on the front foot.

Ā 

Yeah that's where I am. He's taken aĀ gamble when he was caretaker because he had nothing toĀ lose. All out attack. Now he has the job permanently he definitely seems to have shat it in that sense. Far too cautious and he carries on with that we he'll be out of aĀ job. I want it to work but he needs to get his act in gear.

Ā 

You backed him mate šŸ‘.

Just now, ScandinavianJambo said:

100% agree šŸ‘

Ā 

Nieuwenhof is a perfect example of a player who got pelters on here. Not good enough, weak, clueless are some of the encouragements that dripped of the pages... This tendancy to constantly and prematurely give up on players and , together with questioning why they get game time is a tad tiring.

Then comes the "well I'm glad he has proven me wrong" . Even when we are strolling games, the focus of some fans is to berate whoever is in their bad books.Ā 

We are winning and developing players, it is clear for anyone to see. Tagawa is a prime example of a player who just needs a break, and encouragement. This league is like no other and it will take some time for foreign players to adjust (as Hoof explained in his interview). Considering were our mighty team is at the moment, I think we can agree both have time and encouragement to spare.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Definitely.Ā 

Ā 

This can't be applied to someone like Sibbick though, it's not a case of him being given time to settle or more time. He's been here a long time now and played plenty games to show what he can do. It's as though being generally poor for almost the entire time he's been here is excused because he scored that goal against Hibs and played well against Riga..

dannymack
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I want to keep this run going as most people do, if selected let's get behind players that aren't doing so well.

Ā 

Encourage them to press and be active,being a player,when you are going through bad moments,you guys can be the difference from changing a negative into a positive,you may ask how? Because a player that's being encouraged will want to run through walls for the fans and the team.

Ā 

I have no doubt about any of these guys ability,but as i said not just these guys,Encourage players to press teams work hard off the ball,and when they do praise them.

Ā 

There isn't a support like you guys,when you get fully behind the team.

Ā 

So give yourselves a massive pat on the back,you have been Great this Season.

Ā 

Just like I'm asking from the players, can you the fans, give them that wee bit more šŸ˜€.

Ā 

You absolute Legends šŸ˜€.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Wrong club to ask its fans to get behind the team in my opinion.

Ā 

We have a very fickle bunch whom within the vocal minority will still refuse to throw encouraging words to any of those players you've listed who may well need them.

Ā 

However I maybe thinking too harshly now as I'm positive I didn't hear any booing from the ****wits at Half Time on Sunday evening.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ā 

He'sĀ taken too big a step to soon. He seems to have shat the bed a bit with the style of play and how he wants us to attack, I dunno if its how the board wantĀ us to play or if its just inexperience but we're back to the pish we had before. Winning a league with the B team and a few years under someone decent would give him experience and confidence to stick with the style of play he said he wanted to play and did at the end of last season. I think we could all take theĀ losses if we played on the front foot.

Ā 

Yeah that's where I am. He's taken aĀ gamble when he was caretaker because he had nothing toĀ lose. All out attack. Now he has the job permanently he definitely seems to have shat it in that sense. Far too cautious and he carries on with that we he'll be out of aĀ job. I want it to work but he needs to get his act in gear.

Ā 

Well, tbf , @Chimp says so in his very last sentence.Ā 

ScandinavianJambo
Just now, Chimp said:

Ā 

Definitely.Ā 

Ā 

This can't be applied to someone like Sibbick though, it's not a case of him being given time to settle or more time. He's been here a long time now and played plenty games to show what he can do. It's as though being generally poor for almost the entire time he's been here is excused because he scored that goal against Hibs and played well against Riga..

I am not sure. Sibbick did really well last year when he got positive reinforcements. He hasn't had a string of games to his name so his consistency will be affected.

I might groan inwardly when some players come on, but I would NEVER boo a boy (or girl) in maroon.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Are you going to ignore 100s of other posts before that completely backing him?Ā šŸ˜‚

Oh it doesn't fit does it? Let's take one out of context in amongst many others of my support of him.

Ā 

I said he needed to get his act in gear when we were toiling, not that I wanted him sacked.Ā 

Ā 

Finally, your point was that I never wanted Naismith, that doesn't say that at all in that post does it?Ā šŸ¤”

1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ā 

Fair points.

Ā 

Also worth remembering that Naisy played & trained with Sibbick, albeit very briefly pre covid shut down so he knows better than anyone what he can and can't do.

Ā 

I personally think Sibbick's race is run here. He's never been able to nail a first choice position down, and whilst not a terrible player, others we have at the club make him look quite average. I'd be selling in the summer, making room for Neilson coming back.

Sibbick is certainly not terrible. But he's not reliable and a horrendous error is never far away. I suspect the 2-2 game with Hibs at Tynecastle was the final straw. Naismith would've seen enough in the final 7 games of last season. He was frequently really poor in those games.

Ā 

Just hasn't worked out for him here. He's had enough chances. Which as of yet can't be said of Oda and Tagawa. Neilson coming back from loan deal in the summer pushes him down further still.

Ā 

Sibbick will almost certainly leave in the summer. I'd be quite surprised if Oda and Tagawa don't join him. We've never attempted to play to the strengths of Tagawa which is do feel is nothing strange and a bit unfair to the lad.Ā 

1 minute ago, jamboozy said:

Well, tbf , @Chimp says so in his very last sentence.Ā 

Ā 

He chooses to purposely ignore that to fit his fabrication though. Called out for being a complete hypocrite and doesn't like it.

Bongo 1874
6 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Ā 

Are you going to ignore 100s of other posts before that completely backing him?Ā šŸ˜‚

Oh it doesn't fit does it? Let's take one out of context in amongst many others of my support of him.

Ā 

I said he needed to get his act in gear when we were toiling, not that I wanted him sacked.Ā 

Ā 

Finally, your point was that I never wanted Naismith, that doesn't say that at all in that post does it?Ā šŸ¤”

You said he shat it.Ā 

Ā 

Fact.

5 minutes ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

I am not sure. Sibbick did really well last year when he got positive reinforcements. He hasn't had a string of games to his name so his consistency will be affected.

I might groan inwardly when some players come on, but I would NEVER boo a boy (or girl) in maroon.Ā 

Ā 

Not sure I agree, he has had plenty strings of games but he's never managed to cement his place in the team? I think that's notable.

Ā 

Complete agree with your last sentence though, I'd never boo one of our own - that's a***hole behaviour. It's different having a moan and a grumble on here.

3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Ā 

He chooses to purposely ignore that to fit his fabrication though. Called out for being a complete hypocrite and doesn't like it.

I always think you are one of the few level headed posters on here. I think @Bongo 1874Can post some interesting threads, but, I donā€™t think itā€™s fair to be using to have a pop at other posters.

You said he shat it.Ā 

Ā 

Fact.

Ā 

Is that really your response?Ā šŸ˜‚Ā Ignore the rest of my numerous posts about backing him, that's fine.

Ā 

I said he shat in the sense to him changing his style of play from all out attack from the end of last season, which he had.Ā 

Ā 

Still struggling to see how that confirms that I said I never wanted Naismith?

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

He also says he shat it.

Mate , read my reply to @Chimp above, youā€™ve started what could be a reasonable thread, now youā€™re going to stamp all over it by having a pop.šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I watched Tagawa again in the Airdrie game.Ā 

Ā 

Lower opposition, yes.Ā  Ā Poor team, no.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Tagawa done really well.Ā  Ā  Disciplined performance.Ā  Ā Not spectacular, did miss a chance to get forward.Ā  Ā That might've been down to him not wanting to break formation.Ā 

Ā 

I was eager to see him get in or around the box for a shooting chance or a quick counter but it wasn't happening.Ā  Ā He did create a late effort but unfortunately didn't work out.Ā 

Ā 

I think it's coming.Ā  Ā He's edging towards getting better than not.Ā  Ā Will still find it hard to get a starting place.Ā  To be fair might struggle to get off the bench.Ā 

Ā 

I'm not giving up on this guy.Ā  Ā He's got something.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Bongo 1874
5 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Ā 

I've admitted I was wrong re Forrest and Grant.

Thunder and Lightning
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I want to keep this run going as most people do, if selected let's get behind players that aren't doing so well.

Ā 

Encourage them to press and be active,being a player,when you are going through bad moments,you guys can be the difference from changing a negative into a positive,you may ask how? Because a player that's being encouraged will want to run through walls for the fans and the team.

Ā 

I have no doubt about any of these guys ability,but as i said not just these guys,Encourage players to press teams work hard off the ball,and when they do praise them.

Ā 

There isn't a support like you guys,when you get fully behind the team.

Ā 

So give yourselves a massive pat on the back,you have been Great this Season.

Ā 

Just like I'm asking from the players, can you the fans, give them that wee bit more šŸ˜€.

Ā 

You absolute Legends šŸ˜€.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Bongo, am i correct in saying you are an ex Hearts player?

OmiyaHearts
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wasn't your argument with Chimp about your claim he 'never wanted naismith'? You proved yourself wrong and moved the goalposts, imo

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

I watched Tagawa again in the Airdrie game.Ā 

Ā 

Lower opposition, yes.Ā  Ā Poor team, no.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Tagawa done really well.Ā  Ā  Disciplined performance.Ā  Ā Not spectacular, did miss a chance to get forward.Ā  Ā That might've been down to him not wanting to break formation.Ā 

Ā 

I was eager to see him get in or around the box for a shooting chance or a quick counter but it wasn't happening.Ā  Ā He did create a late effort but unfortunately didn't work out.Ā 

Ā 

I think it's coming.Ā  Ā He's edging towards getting better than not.Ā  Ā Will still find it hard to get a starting place.Ā  To be fair might struggle to get off the bench.Ā 

Ā 

I'm not giving up on this guy.Ā  Ā He's got something.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Other than one misplaced pass where he should've cut inside, he genuinely did nothing wrong. Nothing spectacular as you say, but the game basically fizzled out second half. Job was done and we were just avoiding injuries.Ā 

Ā 

I thought he knuckled down well, put in a couple of brilliant challenges going back the way, and a wee bit more on a Shankland pass and he was in on goal. Nowhere near as bad as people are making out.Ā Ā 

9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If you'd just said that it would have saved all of that carry on then wouldn't it? Instead of making up lies about me saying I never wanted Naismith - which then led to you scouring through all of my posts to find 1 negative word in amongst 100s of positive posts which didn't even prove your point in the end... Like Omiya said you moved the goalposts.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Bongo 1874
Just now, Chimp said:

If you'd just said that it would have saved all of that carry on then wouldn't it? Instead of making up lies about me saying I never wanted Naismith - which then led to you scouring through all of my posts to find 1 negative word in amongst 100s of positive posts which didn't even prove your point in the end... Like Omiya said you moved the goalposts.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I have said it, I've even created threads saying they have proved me wrong.

Ā 

You tried to point score and failed.

Ā 

A positive thread and you have to make it negative,FFS.

FFS let's just cut out the bickering and FULLY support the team. No arguments. We can be the new bodo glimt.

Ā 

Could someone post some youtube videos of players to help Savage out?

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I have said it, I've even created threads saying they have proved me wrong.

Ā 

You tried to point score and failed.

Ā 

A positive thread and you have to make it negative,FFS.

Ā 

I said you are a hypocrite and so have others, which you are.

Ā 

You randomly burst out with a lie in response to that and failed to back up your statement. You failed mate.

Ā 

Moving on..

Bongo 1874
2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Ā 

I said you are a hypocrite and so have others, which you are.

Ā 

You randomly burst out with a lie in response to that and failed to back up your statement. You failed mate.

Ā 

Moving on..

A hypocrite but I've admitted my wrongs and even posted them on herešŸ˜‚ okay mate,nice attempt of character assassination.

HopeDiouf

Ā 

Ā 

He's played just over 500 minutes in 7 months, most of which he missed due to injury.

are we pretending he's been out injured for most of the past 7 months now?Ā  Reality - he's had a number of opportunities and not really shown much at all.

7 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A hypocrite but I've admitted my wrongs and even posted them on herešŸ˜‚ okay mate,nice attempt of character assassination.

You are a hypocrite though Bongo - you spent 3 years crying all over the forum about Neilson even though we were doing well for most of that time, now youā€™re pulling up posts having a go at others for criticising the way we were playing at the time (which was god awful) and bending their words to suit a lie youā€™ve told. The irony of your new uber hearts fan persona isnā€™t lost.

Famous 1874

I donā€™t boo players but fans have the right to criticise them.

Ā 

Sibbickā€™s had enough opportunities and I just donā€™t think has the mentality to play for us. Too many of the same mistakes and heā€™s not really found a position.
Ā 

I sympathise more with Tagawa and Oda. Moved across the world, broken English (if that) and they have both been in and out the team. Oda has shown there is a player there somewhere but weā€™ve not really developed him - he keeps running with his head down which is annoying.Ā 
Ā 

Tagawaā€™s best performance was when he came on for a cameo at Perth on the opening game, where he actually did miss a bit of a sitter but he did help change the game. Oda scored that day and I thought would kick on after that. Ā 
Ā 

Tagawa isnā€™t a winger. He wants balls in behind and weā€™ve not given him that much service but then again heā€™s not really showed much.Ā 

For some reason I've got ABBA's "Can you hear the drums, Fernando?" as an ear-worm and an image of a chimpanzee playing the bongos.

Ā 

Anyway, as pointed out, Naismith's probationary phase as our manager started out with a very offensive style of play, which he seemed to rein in once he got the job permanently.Ā 

Ā 

Finding the balance always entails going a bit to the right and then a bit to left of the fulcrum.

Ā 

Naismith's found a magical balance and there's a beautiful rhythm to it.

Ā 

Ommmmm.....

2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I donā€™t boo players but fans have the right to criticise them.

Ā 

Sibbickā€™s had enough opportunities and I just donā€™t think has the mentality to play for us. Too many of the same mistakes and heā€™s not really found a position.
Ā 

I sympathise more with Tagawa and Oda. Moved across the world, broken English (if that) and they have both been in and out the team. Oda has shown there is a player there somewhere but weā€™ve not really developed him - he keeps running with his head down which is annoying.Ā 
Ā 

Tagawaā€™s best performance was when he came on for a cameo at Perth on the opening game, where he actually did miss a bit of a sitter but he did help change the game. Oda scored that day and I thought would kick on after that. Ā 
Ā 

Tagawa isnā€™t a winger. He wants balls in behind and weā€™ve not given him that much service but then again heā€™s not really showed much.Ā 

Ā 

Completely agree with all of that, exactly where I am.

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

are we pretending he's been out injured for most of the past 7 months now?Ā  Reality - he's had a number of opportunities and not really shown much at all.

Ā 

Okay not the majority, but two months slap bang in the middle of a season. Come back, no reserve games to get match sharpness, relying on 20/30 minute cameos, it's no wonder he looks off the pace.Ā 

HopeDiouf
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Ā 

Okay not the majority, but two months slap bang in the middle of a season. Come back, no reserve games to get match sharpness, relying on 20/30 minute cameos, it's no wonder he looks off the pace.Ā 

Agree on the reserve thing.Ā  Not sure it was even as long as 2 months, but he did have an injury.Ā 

He got a chance at weekend due to Vargas injury.Ā  He did nothing to increase his chances of getting his next start.

jamboinglasgow
36 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ā 

Other than one misplaced pass where he should've cut inside, he genuinely did nothing wrong. Nothing spectacular as you say, but the game basically fizzled out second half. Job was done and we were just avoiding injuries.Ā 

Ā 

I thought he knuckled down well, put in a couple of brilliant challenges going back the way, and a wee bit more on a Shankland pass and he was in on goal. Nowhere near as bad as people are making out.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Yup, I think the problem can be people equate doing nothing spectacular as meaning he was terrible. If he had been in midfield and been passing it around without any big passes then people would be saying he did well, if he had been defence and looked solid without really having to make big stops, people would say that he had looked decent. But with being attacker, if they are not put great chances in or scoring then they are seen as poor.Ā 

Ā 

But I do think Naismith was not disappointed with Tagawa's contribution, I am sure he have wanted to see more, but he fitted into team rather than hindered it and that (as Naismith has said before) is an important base for what he wants players to do.Ā 

Ā 

I dont think being put on the right wing helped him as it is not a position that gets the most out of him. As you said before, the problem for him is Shankland. If we had any other striker as our first choice, then Tagawa gets more games and gets up to speed. But Shankland has played every minute of every league game this season, so Tagawa has no chance to play in his best role. Plus if Shankland was all out then the pressure is there that fans expectations are higher.

Ā 

I do think he will come good before the end of the season, but I think his contribution will be a more long term one.

Bongo 1874
16 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

You are a hypocrite though Bongo - you spent 3 years crying all over the forum about Neilson even though we were doing well for most of that time, now youā€™re pulling up posts having a go at others for criticising the way we were playing at the time (which was god awful) and bending their words to suit a lie youā€™ve told. The irony of your new uber hearts fan persona isnā€™t lost.

Bit of perspective needed? How long did Neilson have in the job, to what Naismith has had in the job.

Ā 

Now if you want me to post stats i will? We play better football under Naismith fact.

Ā 

So much so that Neil Lennon complimented us during the recent derby saying,that's the best I've seen Hearts play in a very long time,as we are labelled big physical Hearts.

Ā 

He even said we played some great football.

Ā 

It's amazing what can happen when you get behind a manager and his philosophy.

Ā 

Ā 

Hearts 3rd and closing the gap,and Stendel's Hannover sitting top of the league,I'm not bad at judging these shit managers šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‰.

Ā 

What was Neilson's philosophy? I understand Naismith's.

Edited by Bongo 1874

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

Agree on the reserve thing.Ā  Not sure it was even as long as 2 months, but he did have an injury.Ā 

He got a chance at weekend due to Vargas injury.Ā  He did nothing to increase his chances of getting his next start.

Ā 

Agree to disagree.

Ā 

I thought the game died after half time personally, and there was little to no tempo in it. As I've said, other than a misplaced pass when he should've went himself, I don't think he did much wrong. Naismith will probably be happy he's got another 45 minutes under his belt, and as some have rightly spotted, Shankland was showing him what he needed to do 2 or 3 times. That does him no harm for the next time he steps on the field. It's still about building an understanding on the pitch for him.Ā 

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Ā 

Yup, I think the problem can be people equate doing nothing spectacular as meaning he was terrible. If he had been in midfield and been passing it around without any big passes then people would be saying he did well, if he had been defence and looked solid without really having to make big stops, people would say that he had looked decent. But with being attacker, if they are not put great chances in or scoring then they are seen as poor.Ā 

Ā 

But I do think Naismith was not disappointed with Tagawa's contribution, I am sure he have wanted to see more, but he fitted into team rather than hindered it and that (as Naismith has said before) is an important base for what he wants players to do.Ā 

Ā 

I dont think being put on the right wing helped him as it is not a position that gets the most out of him. As you said before, the problem for him is Shankland. If we had any other striker as our first choice, then Tagawa gets more games and gets up to speed. But Shankland has played every minute of every league game this season, so Tagawa has no chance to play in his best role. Plus if Shankland was all out then the pressure is there that fans expectations are higher.

Ā 

I do think he will come good before the end of the season, but I think his contribution will be a more long term one.

Ā 

Good post, agree with your first paragraph in particular.Ā 

24 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I've thought that the few times he's played. He's often making runs with no delivery into him, which ends up with him looking frustrated. That could be him not playing to the system as instructed, or it could be that our system just doesn't suit his game. Whether it will or not, and whether he can deploy into it in future is up to the coaching staff I guess. Not everyone will work out, and even when they do they won't all click at the same time in the same way.

Ā 

I'm also still hopeful for him, and think there's more to come.

Edited by Daktari

Robbo-Jambo

Ā 

Ā 

Well the 500 minutes he has played played have hardly been encouraging have they ?

stevie1874
1 hour ago, ScandinavianJambo said:

100% agree šŸ‘

Ā 

Nieuwenhof is a perfect example of a player who got pelters on here. Not good enough, weak, clueless are some of the abuse that dripped of the pages... This tendancy to constantly and prematurely give up on players and , together with questioning why they get game time is a tad tiring.

We are winning and developing players, it is clear for anyone to see. Tagawa is a prime example of a player who just needs a break, and encouragement. This league is like no other and it will take some time for foreign players to adjust (as Hoof explained in his interview). Considering were our mighty team is at the moment, I think we can agree both to have time and encouragement to spare.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Well said, Forrest, Atkinson & Grant another few who have had pelters but have come through it and are now seen as important regulars within the squad.Ā 

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Well the 500 minutes he has played played have hardly been encouraging have they ?

Ā 

See my posts above regarding my personal logic on the subject.

JimmyCant

Ā 

Problem is, Shankland very rarely comes off the field (and quite rightly). I don't see how he gets in unless he gets coached to play the right wing role similar to how Forrest plays off the left. Which for the record I can see him being able to do.Ā 

For me, if you have a very good player you tweak your system and get him into it. We tweaked for Ginelly and it worked. I canā€™t see us tweaking to play Tagawa central until heā€™s shown at least some semblance of it being a worthwhile exercise. As it stands Shankland rarely takes up the out and out striker role, in fact we hardly ever go with an out and out striker. Shankland is either a ā€˜false 9ā€™ or has a free role with 2 wide. Tagawa is never starting in place of Shankland. Heā€™s not got the talent and thatā€™s not why he was signed IMO. Itā€™s a bit frustrating that weā€™ve signed a player type we didnā€™t really need and donā€™t play his way. Weā€™d have been far better off signing a big old fashioned bruiser because that type change games when your struggling. I donā€™t see Tagawa as a game changer. Heā€™s a supplement player SO FAR unless he himself finds something and we find a place he can use that something

Ā 

First thing the boy needs is a goal to drive on from

Edited by JimmyCant