Sibbick,Tagawa,Oda,other players let's encourage them👍.

Bongo 1874

The Tackle

I still think Oda & Tagawa will come good maybe next season but it will happen

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chimp

• Bongo 1874

• RustyRightPeg

• HopeDiouf

15 hours ago, GinRummy said:

We can afford that, if we are developing young talent and strolling third (which we are) then signing young players with potential, if we can maintain our league position, is precisely what we should be doing. 

I’m not writing off Oda but not every youngster we sign will be a success, regardless of how careful we are. 

The other argument about not signing players from certain countries such as Australia or Japan is utter shite. Writing of an entire country or continent because a few INDIVIDUALS didn’t make the grade is moronic. No other word for it. 

Our Aussies have all become fine players as well. Rowles & Atkinson are having great seasons (particularly Rowles), Hof is now growing into one of the best well rounded midfielders in the league & Cammy is our agent of chaos.

3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Our Aussies have all become fine players as well. Rowles & Atkinson are having great seasons (particularly Rowles), Hof is now growing into one of the best well rounded midfielders in the league & Cammy is our agent of chaos.

Agreed, they’re all doing really well now. Not long ago folk were saying we should abandon that market altogether. Crazy. 

Fozzyonthefence
On 14/02/2024 at 11:43, Chimp said:

He's started him in the last 5 out of 7 games mate

I was talking about Tagawa.  

Drylaw Hearts
18 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Bazza reporting interest in Tagawa from Portugal and Japan

Do all parties a favour and take the Yen.

I’d rather Naismith pulled the boots back on than watch Tagiwa scamper about the pitch aimlessly again,

22 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

If there is genuine interest from Japan I think he’s gone. Shame if so but for whatever reason it just isn’t happening for him. 

Ibrahim Tall

If we can anywhere near break even on Tagawa I’d suggest it’s a good deal for all parties. 
Not suggesting he doesn’t have ability but something just isn’t clicking here at all, even against dross like Spartans he was anonymous.

Ex member of the SaS

Someone once suggested he is a center forward and not a winger, Form me that doesn't wash as no matter where he is on the pitch he should be able to read the game and move into space. He stands flat footed when Lembikisa was moving forward to the half way line and it was crying out for Tagawa to get further down the wing and get ready to make a cross into the box.

Pans Jambo

I hope Tagawa goes. He will never be good enough for Hearts. Have I have written him off? Yes, I have. 

There, I said it.

Jamboross

Would be surprised if we let Tagawa go before the Summer. Regardless of folks opinions on him he's our only fit out and out striker other than Shanks. 

Would also think he'd be far more keen to go back to Portugal than Japan, so if there's genuine interest from the Primeira Liga then that would have to wait until Summer too. Personally hope he stays. 

I feel for Tagawa. A combination of lack of gametime in his favoured position due to us having the best player in the league ahead of him plus the way 7/11 teams we play set up to limit space in behind and force us to play wide rather than centrally has really limited his impact. He's a guy who looks like he'd be best used in a counter attacking system where he can run in behind, we don't play that way nor will our opposition allow us to.

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

If there is genuine interest from Japan I think he’s gone. Shame if so but for whatever reason it just isn’t happening for him. 

Rocky jamboa

I'm not sure if Tagawa has been a bad signing or he's a decent player and just hasn't worked out for him. 

He can't be happy here and I can't see us being difficult to deal with so a move away likely to be best for both parties.

On 13/02/2024 at 05:15, Bongo 1874 said:

I want to keep this run going as most people do, if selected let's get behind players that aren't doing so well.

Encourage them to press and be active,being a player,when you are going through bad moments,you guys can be the difference from changing a negative into a positive,you may ask how? Because a player that's being encouraged will want to run through walls for the fans and the team.

I have no doubt about any of these guys ability,but as i said not just these guys,Encourage players to press teams work hard off the ball,and when they do praise them.

There isn't a support like you guys,when you get fully behind the team.

So give yourselves a massive pat on the back,you have been Great this Season.

Just like I'm asking from the players, can you the fans, give them that wee bit more 😀.

You absolute Legends 😀.

Forget those players. Focus on the important things.

Where can I find that brilliant instrumental rendition of the Hearts song?

You don't play in the top league in Portugal if you're a huddy. You're certainly not coveted by a club in that league who's watched you first hand in that environment if you don't have good attributes. 

If Tagawa goes we really have no cover for Shankland. I would be surprised if we didn’t look for one in January but not too many takers knowing they’d be limited game time as long as Shankland is playing.

Jamboross
42 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I'm not sure if Tagawa has been a bad signing or he's a decent player and just hasn't worked out for him. 

He can't be happy here and I can't see us being difficult to deal with so a move away likely to be best for both parties.

I think he's clearly a decent player being used (or not, as the case may be) in a team and system that doesn't suit him. He played for a pretty small fry team in Portugal who played on the counter and with their forward line pressing the defenders of the more possession based higher reputation teams and that suited him down to the ground. In that sort of set up he'd look a lot better, but unless we're up against the Old Firm we don't tend to play like that. If he was at a St Johnstone or the likes he's the sort of player that would concern me as he's pretty much made to play against the way we play. 

He was clearly scouted as a direct replacement for Ginnelly but other than both being fast they're quite different players so that looks to be a failing of the recruitment team for identifying not a bad player but the wrong type of player. 

That said I hope we give him another season to try and adapt his game and he could still be useful late on in games. There's been plenty situations recently where teams have been chasing a way back into the match and I thought he'd be ideal to come on and exploit the gaps that creates but we've not done so. 

Edited by Jamboross

Plenty of reasons why it's not worked out for him so far. Moving to a country on the other side of the world, learning a new language, adapting to a new culture and type of football can't be easy. Perhaps the people who've lived in the same backwater they've lived in all their lives should have a think about how they'd adapt to those challenges in 6 months.

He's also had his injury problems this season, which is going to make it harder for any player to find a bit of form. Especially when he's only getting sporadic appearances on the park. God forbid the support would have a bit of patience with a player. It might come as a surprise to some to realise that footballers are only human too.

Edited by Bender

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Bender said:

Plenty of reasons why it's not worked out for him so far. Moving to a country on the other side of the world, learning a new language, adapting to a new culture and type of football can't be easy. Perhaps the people who've lived in the same backwater they've lived in all their lives should have a think about how they'd adapt to those challenges in 6 months.

He's also had his injury problems this season, which is going to make it harder for any player to find a bit of form. Especially when he's only getting sporadic appearances on the park. God forbid the support would have a bit of patience with a player. It might come as a surprise to some to realise that footballers are only human too.

Completely agree.

Add in lack of game time as the player who plays his position has played every minute of every league game this season, so he is always playing secondary to Shankland if he came on. He also has not had two subsequent appearances since September. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Please God 🙏 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Says the club from Portugal watched him recently, only leaves Japan as an option now. 

😂

Rocky jamboa
51 minutes ago, Bender said:

Hundreds of footballers move to different countries, with different languages and cultures. I suppose some adapt and thrive on that whereas others don't. Vargas is one of those who has adapted and settled in well but Tagawa hasn't. 

How long do we give to someone who isn't adapting?? 

Threedoorsdown

One of the major differences I’m seeing in our recent recruitment is that I can see WHY we have signed a player.

Tagawa hasn’t worked out but he’s clearly talented hence why it’ll be relatively easy to move him on - see Kio.

If we are using parameters on a SAAS based scouting platform, other clubs will use the same ones and our players will pop up

Jamboross
2 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

Hundreds of footballers move to different countries, with different languages and cultures. I suppose some adapt and thrive on that whereas others don't. Vargas is one of those who has adapted and settled in well but Tagawa hasn't. 

I think the language/culture thing is being overstated in Tagawa's case. We aren't his first European team, he had two seasons in Portugal where he performed well and will probably have spoken English with his teammates of various nationalities. The Japanese start learning English from a young age, they can be shy about using it but most of the younger generations are fairly proficient. If anything (weather aside) living in Edinburgh should have more in common with living in Fukuoka and Tokyo than living and playing in the Azores did. There's also a rapidly growing East Asian population here so that should help. 

For me his lack of form is purely down to being the wrong type of player for our system and potentially also lack of game time to try and adapt in. 

Aussie Jambo

Sell Tagawa. I’m sure we have younger players that can come in to cover Shanks (Kirk). Tagawas been … meh.. since joining us. Just hasn’t worked out. Oda has. He’s adapted. 

Edited by Aussie Jambo

Jambo in Bathgate
3 hours ago, boag1874 said:

I feel for Tagawa. A combination of lack of gametime in his favoured position due to us having the best player in the league ahead of him plus the way 7/11 teams we play set up to limit space in behind and force us to play wide rather than centrally has really limited his impact. He's a guy who looks like he'd be best used in a counter attacking system where he can run in behind, we don't play that way nor will our opposition allow us to.

This. Good well thought out post unlike some who judge players on their first game and write them off. 

28 minutes ago, Rocky jamboa said:

More than he's been given already, that's for sure.

Lone Striker
17 hours ago, Bender said:

Good post.   Fans are tempted to write off new attacking  players too quickly anyway if they don't score/assist regularly.  Much more difficult for lads from the other side of the world who don't speak English. I think both the Japanese lads have struggled to adapt to Scottish football and life/culture/language here.     From the TV coverage  of the Spartans game, the interpreter chap is needed every time Naisy wants to give either of them instructions.   Oda is clearly the more effective of the two (so far).   Its a shame if Tagawa has to leave, but I hope for his sake that he finds a country/club where he can settle and play to his potential.

HopeDiouf
16 hours ago, Jamboross said:

I think the language/culture thing is being overstated in Tagawa's case. We aren't his first European team, he had two seasons in Portugal where he performed well and will probably have spoken English with his teammates of various nationalities. The Japanese start learning English from a young age, they can be shy about using it but most of the younger generations are fairly proficient. If anything (weather aside) living in Edinburgh should have more in common with living in Fukuoka and Tokyo than living and playing in the Azores did. There's also a rapidly growing East Asian population here so that should help. 

For me his lack of form is purely down to being the wrong type of player for our system and potentially also lack of game time to try and adapt in. 

did he though? scored 5 goals first season from 12 games (sounds pretty good). then only 2 goals from 27 games second season (doesn't sound good?)

The determination of some to want Tagawa to fail is quite something. He's struggled to settle a bit after a slow start with injuries and it's quite evident he's lacking a little bit confidence at the moment. He still hasn't had a proper run in the team due to the form of Shankland and the way we set up. He's been unfortunate in his time here so far but he's only been at the club a matter of months. Not every play hits the ground running but it seems that unless they do at Hearts their days are numbered. 

He's played a grand total of 516 minutes, the equivalent of just over 5 games. Granted he hasn't done much in that time but I really think the clamour to get rid of him is OTT. A run in the side and a bit of backing from the support we could see a different player. I've not given up on him yet.

HopeDiouf
Just now, Chimp said:

The determination of some to want Tagawa to fail is quite something. He's struggled to settle a bit after a slow start with injuries and it's quite evident he's lacking a little bit confidence at the moment. He still hasn't had a proper run in the team due to the form of Shankland and the way we set up. He's been unfortunate in his time here so far but he's only been at the club a matter of months. Not every play hits the ground running but it seems that unless they do at Hearts their days are numbered. 

He's played a grand total of 516 minutes, the equivalent of just over 5 games. Granted he hasn't done much in that time but I really think the clamour to get rid of him is OTT. A run in the side and a bit of backing from the support we could see a different player. I've not given up on him yet.

I'd love to see him succeed.  6 foot striker with pace.  Whats not to like.  But, so far, he's shown nowt when played.  Can argue all you like about positions etc, but if he wants to play, he'll need to find a way to contribute when he gets an opportunity.  I don't think anyone can claim he's been hard done by.  He's just not been picked much as hasn't done much when he was picked.

Jamboross
39 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

did he though? scored 5 goals first season from 12 games (sounds pretty good). then only 2 goals from 27 games second season (doesn't sound good?)

He was playing for the Portuguese equivalent of Ross County. Small team from an island in the middle of the Atlantic who are traditionally a lower league side. They were having an unusually good season in his first season but then sold half the team including their two best and most creative players and replaced them with a couple of expensive flops and a boatload of loans and free transfers. Even the best strikers need service and that dried up when Lincoln was sold. 

Edited by Jamboross

HopeDiouf
3 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

He was playing for the Portuguese equivalent of Ross County. Small team from an island in the middle of the Atlantic who are traditionally a lower league side. They were having an unusually good season in his first season but then sold half the team including their two best and most creative players and replaced them with a couple of expensive flops and a boatload of loans and free transfers. Even the best strikers need service and that dried up when Lincoln was sold. 

Thanks for the info. :) Sounds eerily similar to here, where folks are arguing we need to sign a new midfield if we want to see something from  Tagawa.

21 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Thats bad scouting on our part. We know how teams play, how many of them sit in and make themselves hard to break down. Should have been thought about a bit deeper IMO. 

But also think Tagawa has struggled generally, he's been a passenger pretty much whenever called upon. Just because the style of play isn't marrying up doesn't mean he can't drop deep and try and make things happen (like Shanks regularly does).