Sibbick,Tagawa,Oda,other players let's encourage themšŸ‘.

Bongo 1874

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

For me, if you have a very good player you tweak your system and get him into it. We tweaked for Ginelly and it worked. I canā€™t see us tweaking to play Tagawa central until heā€™s shown at least some semblance of it being a worthwhile exercise. As it stands Shankland rarely takes up the out and out striker role, in fact we hardly ever go with an out and out striker. Shankland is either a ā€˜false 9ā€™ or has a free role with 2 wide. Tagawa is never starting in place of Shankland. Heā€™s not got the talent and thatā€™s not why he was signed IMO. Itā€™s a bit frustrating that weā€™ve signed a player type we didnā€™t really need and donā€™t play his way. Weā€™d have been far better off signing a big old fashioned bruiser because that type change games when your struggling. I donā€™t see Tagawa as a game changer. Heā€™s a supplement player SO FAR unless he himself finds something and we find a place he can use that something

Ā 

First thing the boy needs is a goal to drive on from

Ā 

Thing is it took us nearly 2 and a half years to fit Gino in consistently.

Ā 

I just think it's unfair to write him off already.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chimp

• Bongo 1874

• RustyRightPeg

• HopeDiouf

Jambof3tornado

Fat cow behind us did nothing but slate tagawa at airdrie. Even when Shanks played a shite pass(which he did 2 or 3 times) it was all tagawa's fault.

Ā 

If you only go to games to slag off our players why dont you just fekkin stay at home!!!

gordiegords

Iā€™ve never booā€™d a hearts player in my life, with that said i just donā€™t think Sibbick is good enough, has some good attributes like his athleticism but he/we seem to struggle where his best position is, Oda has something and has scored some goals and often looks dangerous but as for Tagawa it just ainā€™t happening at all Iā€™m afraid.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by gordiegords

34 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bit of perspective needed? How long did Neilson have in the job, to what Naismith has had in the job.

Ā 

Now if you want me to post stats i will? We play better football under Naismith fact.

Ā 

So much so that Neil Lennon complimented us during the recent derby saying,that's the best I've seen Hearts play in a very long time,as we are labelled big physical Hearts.

Ā 

He even said we played some great football.

Ā 

It's amazing what can happen when you get behind a manager and his philosophy.

Ā 

Ā 

Hearts 3rd and closing the gap,and Stendel's Hannover sitting top of the league,I'm not bad at judging these shit managers šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‰.

Ā 

What was Neilson's philosophy? I understand Naismith's.

I agree with you - we're having a better season under Naismith than we did last season, the season before we look set to at least match it which is a good achievement. It took a while to get going but things have now clicked and we look a really good team (not an all out attacking team but a good balanced side that plays to its strengths).

Ā 

The point is the bit in bold - you never once got behind the previous manager even when things were going well. In fact you'd regularly post conditions for your support, then when he met them you'd move the goalposts further back, then when we lost a game it was back to square one. You'd made your mind up early and rigidly stuck to it. So for you to now pull up other posters for far more reasonable critique of the current manager is where the hypocrisy comes into play. The post in question wasn't even calling for his immediate sacking, just a "he needs to change something or he'll get sacked" and thankfully he did change things because at that time even you can't have been happy with how things were going.

Ā 

Whatever Stendel does elsewhere doesn't change the fact that when he was here his own stubbornness and insistence that we stick to a style of play that we weren't suited to in the slightest saw us get our pants pulled down far too many times against teams we should beat.

JimmyCant
16 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ā 

Thing is it took us nearly 2 and a half years to fit Gino in consistently.

Ā 

I just think it's unfair to write him off already.

With you on that but there comes a point and itā€™s really up to him to adapt to his surroundings. Hopefully something just clicks on one of these 20 minute stints heā€™s been gettingĀ 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

I agree with you - we're having a better season under Naismith than we did last season, the season before we look set to at least match it which is a good achievement. It took a while to get going but things have now clicked and we look a really good team (not an all out attacking team but a good balanced side that plays to its strengths).

Ā 

The point is the bit in bold - you never once got behind the previous manager even when things were going well. In fact you'd regularly post conditions for your support, then when he met them you'd move the goalposts further back, then when we lost a game it was back to square one. You'd made your mind up early and rigidly stuck to it. So for you to now pull up other posters for far more reasonable critique of the current manager is where the hypocrisy comes into play. The post in question wasn't even calling for his immediate sacking, just a "he needs to change something or he'll get sacked" and thankfully he did change things because at that time even you can't have been happy with how things were going.

Ā 

Whatever Stendel does elsewhere doesn't change the fact that when he was here his own stubbornness and insistence that we stick to a style of play that we weren't suited to in the slightest saw us get our pants pulled down far too many times against teams we should beat.

Ā 

Ā 

Well said.

The Bongo lad is a hard one to follow.

Ā 

Although, At least he's on board now with no personal grudges to bleat on about.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

36 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Ā 

Ā 

:spoton:
Ā 

Disagree with Chimp on another thread but he was quite right in the post bongo weirdly tried to use as some sort of point scoring exercise after his hypocrisy was pointed out.Ā 
Ā 

Being a hypocrite when discussing football isnā€™t that unusual so no idea why Bongo lost it.Ā 

Bongo 1874
42 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Ā 

Ā 

šŸ‘.

Bongo 1874
20 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ā 

Ā 

Well said.

The Bongo lad is a hard one to follow.

Ā 

Although, At least he's on board now with no personal grudges to bleat on about.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

14 minutes ago, Dazo said:

:spoton:
Ā 

Disagree with Chimp on another thread but he was quite right in the post bongo weirdly tried to use as some sort of point scoring exercise after his hypocrisy was pointed out.Ā 
Ā 

Being a hypocrite when discussing football isnā€™t that unusual so no idea why Bongo lost it.Ā 

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜€ cheers guys apologies.Ā 

8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Ā 

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜€ cheers guys apologies.Ā 

To be fair Iā€™ve backed SN since day one and at lot of that was based on what I seen at the end of last season. I have questioned especially early on why the football was so different and after the Aberdeen away game I had a bit of a wobble in backing him. Glad to see the players are truly buying into what he wants to do though and we are getting the rewards he deserves.Ā 

Watt-Zeefuik

I really thought I must have gotten hit on the head or something when I read the OP and it was by Bongo and I completely agreed with it.

Ā 

Fortunately I seem fine as the rest of the thread has gone to seed with him doing petty point-scoring and ignoring his own trashing of other players in the side. (Did I miss it and he come out and put his hand up and say he was 100% wrong to slate Forrest constantly at the start of the season?)

SomethingAboutObua

Blows my mind were literally watching Naismith turn it around, Niewenhof turning it around, we saw it with Rowles and Atkinson, and Beni post injury, but folk are still convinced tagawa won't make it after less than 10 gamesĀ 

gordon simpson
1 minute ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Blows my mind were literally watching Naismith turn it around, Niewenhof turning it around, we saw it with Rowles and Atkinson, and Beni post injury, but folk are still convinced tagawa won't make it after less than 10 gamesĀ 

we have some right tickets in our supportĀ 

Naismith would have been binned after ourĀ 

first few gameĀ  according to many on hereĀ 

jimbojambo

Great thread. Look a Grant, Vargas Forrest, Neuwenhoff for players written off but have came good after having a role in the team that suits them. Oda and Tagawa both look like strikers playing on the wing and would benefit from a more central striker role. Toby looks the fastest player at Tynecastle and is calm on the ball, two footed and decent in the air. He tends to ball watch which is fatal in defence and I think probably defensive midfielder is his best position.Ā 

gorgierulesapply88

Sibbick isn't good enough, or at least not a right back.

He can go end of season along with Haring.

Ā 

Tagawa, will come good as will Oda. Some players hit the ground running, it's not until they learn the language the culture and become settled we'll see the best in them.Ā 

Ā 

It's taken Ridvan at Rangers almost a year to adapt.Ā 

Drylaw Hearts
48 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Sibbick isn't good enough, or at least not a right back.

He can go end of season along with Haring.

Ā 

Tagawa, will come good as will Oda. Some players hit the ground running, it's not until they learn the language the culture and become settled we'll see the best in them.Ā 

Ā 

It's taken Ridvan at Rangers almost a year to adapt.Ā 

Which is why we need to be more careful when signing playersā€¦ā€¦we really canā€™t afford for a handful of players taking 6 months to a year to adjust.

Ā 

Oda has been here 12 months and still canā€™t lift his head to send over a decent cross ball.

5 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Fat cow behind us did nothing but slate tagawa at airdrie. Even when Shanks played a shite pass(which he did 2 or 3 times) it was all tagawa's fault.

Ā 

If you only go to games to slag off our players why dont you just fekkin stay at home!!!

Ā 

It's always the ones who couldn't run the length (or width) of themselves that do this the most.Ā  Inspired wisdom from someone who literally has no experience or ability to do it themselves!

Ā 

If the players were going to listen to "constructive" criticism from anyone, they would be way down the pecking order!

ScandinavianJambo
5 hours ago, stevie1874 said:

Well said, Forrest, Atkinson & Grant another few who have had pelters but have come through it and are now seen as important regulars within the squad.Ā 

Indeed. Forrest is now dynamite with his speed and Naismith was the one who pointed out that he is one who makes slow and steady progress, and boy can we see it now.

I have always been an Atkinson fan, his crosses and speedĀ  is tremendous, and I therefore forgive him for the odd defensive blunder.

Grant is a squad player, and we need those, and he is actually not a bad impact sub (at times).Ā 

They are all bloody needed, and if it was up to the moaners we would be throwing players away after six months. Instant gratification culture....

9 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

I really feel for Tagawa. I can see he has quality, he's shown it already this season. He's massively playing within himself just now and confidence is low.Ā 

Ā 

Naismith will continue to work on him because he could be very good.

Ā 

Flip side, he might just never settle, but he needs all the encouragementĀ  he can get.

Ā 

Have we considered doing this through a window? :whistling:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

(still the best thread in the Classics, by a long shot :lol:Ā )

Edited by tian447

ScandinavianJambo
7 hours ago, Chimp said:

Ā 

Not sure I agree, he has had plenty strings of games but he's never managed to cement his place in the team? I think that's notable.

Ā 

Complete agree with your last sentence though, I'd never boo one of our own - that's a***hole behaviour. It's different having a moan and a grumble on here.

A bit of a moan is okay, but we all know when it goes overboard.....

All 3 make up the squad. Sibbick and Oda will get game time before the season ends - Oda probably more than the rest. Sibbick only leaves if a team pays his value.Ā Ā 

Ā 

Tagawa, I can't work out. He's either not good enough, not settled, doesn't seem interested or something else is up.Ā 

gordon simpson
5 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Ā 

maybe Tagawa has gave her a kb and she is getting her own back ?

Benny Klack

I think Sibbick is good squad cover - total athlete and will forever by a hero for that goal.

Ā 

Oda looked great at the start of the season but looks too easy to play against - that said he looked great v Dundee at home.

Ā 

Really hope Tagawa comes good but he really hasnā€™t shown anything so far.

Ā 

All for encouraging the three of them but wouldnā€™t be heartbroken if they moved on.Ā 
Ā 

Really hoping they (Japanese ones in particular) take a leaf out of Forrest & Hoffā€™s book and work hard to improve šŸ‘

AC Mallin_51

Rowles, Hoff, Atkinson. Players who I all heard were useless and rubbish, get rid, etc. Some of these guys have moved halfway round the world, they need time. Jeez I even remember around September/ October last year when Humphreys was in the team before Shankland there were folk saying Shankland wasnā€™t good enough, even at the start of this season I heard it when he was ā€œfatā€. Iā€™d absolutely love Tagawa to come on on Saturday and score

Australis

I like Toby, hope he gets through this and has a long career with us.

Ā 

It's finding his best position.

Ā 

Drylaw Hearts
2 minutes ago, Australis said:

I like Toby, hope he gets through this and has a long career with us.

Ā 

It's finding his best position.

Ā 

Heā€™s been back here 2 yearsā€¦ā€¦

Ā 

His best position for us has been foundā€¦ā€¦.its on the bench.

Ā 

Heā€™ll go in the summer.

Aussie Jambo

We know itā€™s in Sibbick to play. The game against Hibs proves that. I think itā€™s a confidence thing with Toby tbh.Ā 
Oda also. Tagawa Iā€™m not sure what happened to him recently. Must be the language barrier. Has to be.Ā 
But itā€™s great to see players fighting for a place. We can see the football is getting better. Up to the players now to get a game.Ā 

10 hours ago, tian447 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

:lol:Ā I still go back & read that now and again

4marsbars

How refreshing. A thread suggesting we get right behind (all of) the team. Accentuate the positive. I like that.

Ā 

Then I read some of the responses.

Ā 

Some people really don't get it, do they?

Berrassobad
21 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

When any player pulls on the famous hmfc Jersey they'll always have my 100% support but will be no surprise if all 3 sold in the summer

wtf - unless its the Hoff or the manager or .......

gorgierulesapply88
14 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Which is why we need to be more careful when signing playersā€¦ā€¦we really canā€™t afford for a handful of players taking 6 months to a year to adjust.

Ā 

Oda has been here 12 months and still canā€™t lift his head to send over a decent cross ball.

He's still only 21 years old. These players are signed based on stats provided and potential.

Just now, gorgierulesapply88 said:

He's still only 21 years old. These players are signed based on stats provided and potential.

Ā 

He's 22 now, but your point still stands. Not sure why we expect the world from our younger foreign players. Just because we sign someone from overseas doesn't mean we get them in to be starters every week. It's ok to sign guys with potential, that's likely the only way we'll ever make money. In most cases we can't afford to be buying these players in their prime, it's the kind of market we need to be shopping in. When you look at Vargas, Hof and Oda being 21/22, I think they're doing well for their age and already have a lot of good attributes improving steadily over time.

Jim Panzee
18 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Ā 

Bit harsh calling Ann Budge that.

Ā 

not strictly ITK but I've heard she's trying the 5:2 diet and switching from sugar to hermesetas for her tea.

Ā 

Like Tagawa - give her some time man!

13 hours ago, tian447 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

:lol: I've since moved house, so there won't be any encouragement from me unfortunately. :)

Ā 

Not my finest moment and I cringe when I think about it. Arsehole that I amĀ :lol:

Ā 

Drylaw Hearts
1 hour ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Ā 

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Ā 

He's 22 now, but your point still stands. Not sure why we expect the world from our younger foreign players. Just because we sign someone from overseas doesn't mean we get them in to be starters every week. It's ok to sign guys with potential, that's likely the only way we'll ever make money. In most cases we can't afford to be buying these players in their prime, it's the kind of market we need to be shopping in. When you look at Vargas, Hof and Oda being 21/22, I think they're doing well for their age and already have a lot of good attributes improving steadily over time.

If at 22 years of age the guy hasnā€™t figured out how to lift his head and cross a ball directly to a teammate then Iā€™m not sure heā€™ll ever learn.

Ā 

We are paying a decent salary and no doubt contributing to his accommodation tooā€¦ā€¦he hasnā€™t improved all that much in a year and itā€™s time we stopped wasting money on these projects.

Ā 

Celtic did well in this market initially but even know their success rate isnā€™t what it was under at the outset of the Far Eastern imports.

Ā 

We got Forrest from 20 miles along the road and heā€™ll be costing a fraction of Oda and Tagiwa and heā€™s contributed a thousand times more than them both combined.

Ā 

Itā€™s a market that is proving very very difficult to capture a gem, unless your paying fees outwith our reach.

Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Ā 

If at 22 years of age the guy hasnā€™t figured out how to lift his head and cross a ball directly to a teammate then Iā€™m not sure heā€™ll ever learn.

Ā 

We are paying a decent salary and no doubt contributing to his accommodation tooā€¦ā€¦he hasnā€™t improved all that much in a year and itā€™s time we stopped wasting money on these projects.

Ā 

Celtic did well in this market initially but even know their success rate isnā€™t what it was under at the outset of the Far Eastern imports.

Ā 

We got Forrest from 20 miles along the road and heā€™ll be costing a fraction of Oda and Tagiwa and heā€™s contributed a thousand times more than them both combined.

Ā 

Itā€™s a market that is proving very very difficult to capture a gem, unless your paying fees outwith our reach.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

You're just guessing his salary.Ā 

Ā 

We got Forrest when he was older and has only really come on to a game now, with more experience and coaching.

Ā 

In summary Oda is only 22 but he'll never learn because he has a weakness in his game. Cool.

Ā 

Ā 

pettigrewsstylist

Cant be ignored Tagawa has made little or no impact against Spartans or Airdrie. He is on trg ground all week with these guys. No idea what the problem is tbh. Preferred formation, role, tactics taken into account, he has still showed way below the required panache :(

Want him to succeed. Need a regular striker to challenge the magician. At some point you have to make decisions though.

Armageddon

I wanted Vargas punted but my word I'm wanting him involved so much now, Tagawa needs time and I totally trust Naismith and what he see's daily.

Ā 

If SN sees something than I'm all in.

Fozzyonthefence
14 hours ago, Australis said:

Ā 

Ā 

It's finding his best sport

Ā 

ftfyĀ 

Ā 

He doesnā€™t have a good or best position. Ā Of course, support him when he plays like everyone else but letā€™s face it, heā€™s not good enough and never will be. Ā How many years does he need?Ā 

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I wanted Vargas punted but my word I'm wanting him involved so much now, Tagawa needs time and I totally trust Naismith and what he see's daily.

Ā 

If SN sees something than I'm all in.

SN isnā€™t seeing something to start him in games though is he? Ā Or even to come on as a sub a lot of the time.Ā 

15 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

SN isnā€™t seeing something to start him in games though is he? Ā Or even to come on as a sub a lot of the time.Ā 

Ā 

He's started him in the last 5 out of 7 games mate

Edited by Chimp

Bongo 1874
2 hours ago, Chimp said:

Ā 

He's started him in the last 5 out of 7 games mate

Apologies on yesterday,pretty hard for any striker coming into the club,when you have Shankland banging them in.

Ā 

Have a feeling that's why, he was put wide right on Sunday.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Apologies on yesterday,pretty hard for any striker coming into the club,when you have Shankland banging them in.

Ā 

Have a feeling that's why, he was put wide right on Sunday.

Ā 

šŸ‘

Ā 

Vargas definitely better through the middle and is much more of a threat (he is a striker after all) but what we're doing right now is working so can't really complain

Watt-Zeefuik
19 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Ā 

Naisy said in an interview earlier this month that the plan was exactly to build our transfer strategy around making sure that we give players six months to a year to adjust.

Ā 

It may sound wasteful but to me it's a far better idea than bringing in players, deciding they can't go after 2 months, clearing them out at a loss, spending more fees on new players, rinse, repeat. That was how we seemed to be operating in the last bit of the 20-teens, constantly shuffling players in and out, and I have to think it hollowed us out and contributed to the catastrophe of 2019-2020.

Ā 

Niewenhoff is a prime example. If he keeps improving at this rate we could get a very nice fee for him at some point in the future.

Drylaw Hearts
1 hour ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Naisy said in an interview earlier this month that the plan was exactly to build our transfer strategy around making sure that we give players six months to a year to adjust.

Ā 

It may sound wasteful but to me it's a far better idea than bringing in players, deciding they can't go after 2 months, clearing them out at a loss, spending more fees on new players, rinse, repeat. That was how we seemed to be operating in the last bit of the 20-teens, constantly shuffling players in and out, and I have to think it hollowed us out and contributed to the catastrophe of 2019-2020.

Ā 

Niewenhoff is a prime example. If he keeps improving at this rate we could get a very nice fee for him at some point in the future.

We are waiting 6 months and more for around half a team thoughā€¦..

Ā 

Itā€™s a lovely idea but I donā€™t think weā€™re in a position to gamble on giving so many players half a season in the hope they get up to speed.

Ā 

I realise itā€™s a bit out thereā€¦..but how about just signing players from closer to home who are actually ready to play ?Ā 
Ā 

In the market we are currently inā€¦ā€¦our best signings havenā€™t travelled very far to get here.Ā 

Ā 

Oda and Tagiwa just havenā€™t worked outā€¦..thatā€™s 3 Japanese players weā€™ve experimented with in the last 4 or 5 years and none of them have been a success.

Ā 

I think we are trying to be too clever shopping in what we think is unknown territory when in reality we are years behind and the rest of Europe who have had that market scouted for years.

Ā 

More Cochranes, Clarks and Kents are the way ahead for us imo.

Watt-Zeefuik
11 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

We are waiting 6 months and more for around half a team thoughā€¦..

Ā 

Itā€™s a lovely idea but I donā€™t think weā€™re in a position to gamble on giving so many players half a season in the hope they get up to speed.

Ā 

I realise itā€™s a bit out thereā€¦..but how about just signing players from closer to home who are actually ready to play ?Ā 
Ā 

In the market we are currently inā€¦ā€¦our best signings havenā€™t travelled very far to get here.Ā 

Ā 

Oda and Tagiwa just havenā€™t worked outā€¦..thatā€™s 3 Japanese players weā€™ve experimented with in the last 4 or 5 years and none of them have been a success.

Ā 

I think we are trying to be too clever shopping in what we think is unknown territory when in reality we are years behind and the rest of Europe who have had that market scouted for years.

Ā 

More Cochranes, Clarks and Kents are the way ahead for us imo.

Ā 

Whom are we still waiting on other than Tagawa and Fraser? We gave Vargas some time to settle in and he's repaid us handsomely, despite coming from a very different league and different footballing culture (and different weather!). Until a few months ago he was a forward who couldn't find the net. Now he's scoring somewhat regularly for us.

Ā 

Oda is an acceptable bench player. That's okay. I don't think we broke the bank for him. I agree he hasn't fully worked out but he's not a waste of a jersey.

9 hours ago, 4marsbars said:

How refreshing. A thread suggesting we get right behind (all of) the team. Accentuate the positive. I like that.

Ā 

Then I read some of the responses.

Ā 

Some people really don't get it, do they?

Iā€™m a real moaner when we arenā€™t doing well and the first to go off on one about individual performances Ā but quite why some folk need to stick the boot in to individuals when the team is absolutely flying is an absolute mystery to me.Ā 

23 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Ā 

We can afford that, if we are developing young talent and strolling third (which we are) then signing young players with potential, if we can maintain our league position, is precisely what we should be doing.Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™m not writing off Oda but not every youngster we sign will be a success, regardless of how careful we are.Ā 
Ā 

The other argument about not signing players from certain countries such as Australia or Japan is utter shite. Writing of an entire country or continent because a few INDIVIDUALS didnā€™t make the grade is moronic. No other word for it.Ā 

Edited by GinRummy

ScandinavianJambo
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

We can afford that, if we are developing young talent and strolling third (which we are) then signing young players with potential, if we can maintain our league position, is precisely what we should be doing.Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™m not writing off Oda but not every youngster we sign will be a success, regardless of how careful we are.Ā 
Ā 

The other argument about not signing players from certain countries such as Australia or Japan is utter shite. Writing of an entire country or continent because a few INDIVIDUALS didnā€™t make the grade is moronic. No other word for it.Ā 

Hear, hear. Fully Agree with you.Ā