Sibbick,Tagawa,Oda,other players let's encourage them👍.

Bongo 1874

Bongo 1874

I want to keep this run going as most people do, if selected let's get behind players that aren't doing so well.

Encourage them to press and be active,being a player,when you are going through bad moments,you guys can be the difference from changing a negative into a positive,you may ask how? Because a player that's being encouraged will want to run through walls for the fans and the team.

I have no doubt about any of these guys ability,but as i said not just these guys,Encourage players to press teams work hard off the ball,and when they do praise them.

There isn't a support like you guys,when you get fully behind the team.

So give yourselves a massive pat on the back,you have been Great this Season.

Just like I'm asking from the players, can you the fans, give them that wee bit more 😀.

You absolute Legends 😀.

Edited by Bongo 1874

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chimp

• Bongo 1874

• RustyRightPeg

• HopeDiouf

gerryjambo41

We seen the difference in Toby Sibbick last season when the fans began singing his name 👍

Finlay James

100%

Ive never understood Hearts fans who slag/boo our own players either at games or on social media.  It has the opposite impact intended and players lose confidence.

Just recently, Naisy had to ask fans to lay off Hoff.  It’s nonsense. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Finlay James said:

100%

Ive never understood Hearts fans who slag/boo our own players either at games or on social media.  It has the opposite impact intended and players lose confidence.

Look what happened as a result. 

Ironically, in his best form since that night with the coaches where Naismith urged patience.

HopeDiouf

Naismith regularly mentions the demands at the club.  I think it's good we have that demand, and players are quickly told when performances not up to standard.  I don't think removing that demand would improve performance.

I have never been one to boo our own players, but fans are fans all over. Players go from heroes to zeros so quickly, yes including on here, it’s unbelievable. This is nothing new, I remember getting involved with other fans that were slating our players a few times. One of them on the receiving end was a certain Craig Levein who was Scotland’s CH at the time. I can’t see this ever changing.

mintmyster

Stood in front of a group of 3/4 at Airdrie that crucified Tagawa the second he came on to the pitch. I find it strange. I qualify that by saying inside I thought myself he looked lost, like a fish out of water but deep down I want him to do well. But I wouldn’t stand there a shout my lungs out at the poor guy.

Good post Bongo. A lot of the criticism of individuals is fair and valid but some of it is over the top. I used to think it was something to do with looking for someone to blame after a bad result but it's clearly not that.

JimmyCant
45 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I want to keep this run going as most people do, if selected let's get behind players that aren't doing so well.

Encourage them to press and be active,being a player,when you are going through bad moments,you guys can be the difference from changing a negative into a positive,you may ask how? Because a player that's being encouraged will want to run through walls for the fans and the team.

I have no doubt about any of these guys ability,but as i said not just these guys,Encourage players to press teams work hard off the ball,and when they do praise them.

There isn't a support like you guys,when you get fully behind the team.

So give yourselves a massive pat on the back,you have been Great this Season.

Just like I'm asking from the players, can you the fans, give them that wee bit more 😀.

You absolute Legends 😀.

Did you not spend the latter part of last season, the whole summer, and the early part of this season, slaughtering 3 players you assured us weren’t worthy of the jersey, Sibbick being one of those ?

Selkirkhmfc1874

When any player pulls on the famous hmfc Jersey they'll always have my 100% support but will be no surprise if all 3 sold in the summer

16 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Sorry, Sibbick has had plenty chances. He's just not good enough.

As a CB - agreed. 

I think he has very obvious skills - he's good on the ball, he can dribble, pick a pass and is athletic. I think someone described him on another thread as what a football SHOULD look like (in terms of raw materials). The problem is, he doesn't have the composure or concentration to play CB because any error is a goal (or as close as can be). We've saw that against Hibs this season, Rangers last season and likely a slew of less high profile errors in between.

Jumping back to the Hibs game, I thought he did a fine job at RB/RWB until Naismith shunted him across to CB to avoid putting Halliday on when Kingsley went off. 

I think there is a player there, just not at CB, certainly not at this level. I think the point should be put to him that if he wants to succeed, he needs to try another position, like CM or RB. Peter Haring IIRC was signed as a CB but ended up doing a great job for us at CM. 

I want Toby to succeed, I really do. But he's not reliable enough to play CB. 

I really feel for Tagawa. I can see he has quality, he's shown it already this season. He's massively playing within himself just now and confidence is low. 

Naismith will continue to work on him because he could be very good.

Flip side, he might just never settle, but he needs all the encouragement  he can get.

A_A wehatethehibs

Sibbick is finished at Hearts, I think that’s abundantly clear, when the manager is putting Kingsley ahead of him at RCB at times when we need cover. Now 2 RBs ahead of him as well. And in midfield, with the numerous options we have, no chance for Sibbick there. Naismith clearly seen enough of Toby at CB last season to know, same as many of us know, the lads just not a Hearts standard of defender. Manager just clearly doesn’t trust him. You look at Frankie Kent’s previous career, that’s what Toby needs to be doing now, playing games at League 2 type level. Frankie had 3 seasons in League 2 developing his game at that age. Hearts are just too big a club for Toby at this stage in his career. For us, Lewis Neilson will come in as the CB prospect and will need game time so Toby will move on in summer IMO 

Oda and Tagawa I’m happy to give more time, it’s a big culture shock for them and I think they’re projects worth continuing because we can get quality in it’s just about integrating. As a club we can only learn that knowledge by working with these guys. 

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, OTT said:

As a CB - agreed. 

I think he has very obvious skills - he's good on the ball, he can dribble, pick a pass and is athletic. I think someone described him on another thread as what a football SHOULD look like (in terms of raw materials). The problem is, he doesn't have the composure or concentration to play CB because any error is a goal (or as close as can be). We've saw that against Hibs this season, Rangers last season and likely a slew of less high profile errors in between.

Jumping back to the Hibs game, I thought he did a fine job at RB/RWB until Naismith shunted him across to CB to avoid putting Halliday on when Kingsley went off. 

I think there is a player there, just not at CB, certainly not at this level. I think the point should be put to him that if he wants to succeed, he needs to try another position, like CM or RB. Peter Haring IIRC was signed as a CB but ended up doing a great job for us at CM. 

We’ve got 2 RBs and about 6 midfielders who are better than him at those roles, so that’s not going to happen. Can maybe look to change position at his next club. 

hmfc_liam06
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

As a CB - agreed. 

He's really not reliable in any position, I just don't think he's good enough for us.

@A_A wehatethehibs nails it above.

They are not 5 year old shy lassies saying a few lines in a nativity play on stage. This is big boy, top level stuff. If anyone is not performing, regardless of who they are then they should be told in no uncertain terms to buck up.

You just to look at Toby's performance v Hibs at ER last season or his first ever game for us v Rangers to know the boy has ability. He rarely shows it nowadays so the disgruntled fans will soon be heard.

A_A wehatethehibs
Just now, i8hibsh said:

You just to look at Toby's performance v Hibs at ER last season or his first ever game for us v Rangers to know the boy has ability. He rarely shows it nowadays so the disgruntled fans will soon be heard.

2 games. What’s your thoughts on the other 60 he has played for us? Including every minute of last seasons implosion. Naismiths first act was to launch Toby and get Kent in there.

Your comment reminds me a bit of folk saying “there’s a player in there” with Euan Henderson because he had 1 good game and goal against alloa. But then they don’t mention the 50 other games where he done nothing. 

35 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

As much as I like this thread - I have to agree

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You never know when you might need a player, they all play for Hearts and need supported

Mr Rabbit
17 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Did you not spend the latter part of last season, the whole summer, and the early part of this season, slaughtering 3 players you assured us weren’t worthy of the jersey, Sibbick being one of those ?

Yeah, strange individual. Comes across as a parody account.

Pretty sure it was Forrest, Grant and Halliday he was trying to boot out the door. Now he’s telling others to give people a chance 😂

RustyRightPeg
13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Sibbick is finished at Hearts, I think that’s abundantly clear, when the manager is putting Kingsley ahead of him at RCB at times when we need cover. Now 2 RBs ahead of him as well. And in midfield, with the numerous options we have, no chance for Sibbick there. Naismith clearly seen enough of Toby at CB last season to know, same as many of us know, the lads just not a Hearts standard of defender. Manager just clearly doesn’t trust him. You look at Frankie Kent’s previous career, that’s what Toby needs to be doing now, playing games at League 2 type level. Frankie had 3 seasons in League 2 developing his game at that age. Hearts are just too big a club for Toby at this stage in his career. For us, Lewis Neilson will come in as the CB prospect and will need game time so Toby will move on in summer IMO 

Oda and Tagawa I’m happy to give more time, it’s a big culture shock for them and I think they’re projects worth continuing because we can get quality in it’s just about integrating. As a club we can only learn that knowledge by working with these guys. 

Fair points.

Also worth remembering that Naisy played & trained with Sibbick, albeit very briefly pre covid shut down so he knows better than anyone what he can and can't do.

I personally think Sibbick's race is run here. He's never been able to nail a first choice position down, and whilst not a terrible player, others we have at the club make him look quite average. I'd be selling in the summer, making room for Neilson coming back.

TexasAndy

I think despite the noise on social media around those who are under performing the majority of fans give them encouragement when they are called in to the team.  As long as they are wearing the colours they will always get my support.  

RustyRightPeg
23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

He did.

Bongo 1874
23 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The 3 I mentioned Forrest,Grant, Halliday. 

I was wrong on Forrest and I'll say Grant too.

Delighted to be proven wrong.

Glad they have shown they can play for us.

6 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

You never know when you might need a player, they all play for Hearts and need supported

Saved me from typing, thanks.👍

HopeDiouf
7 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Indeed.  Fingers crossed Shanks doesn't get an injury.

Bazzas right boot

Happy  to encourage them on match day but unfortunately some players just haven't got the minerals.

No harm in debating in/outs when it comes to transfers.

Some posters do go in too harsh on new players who start slow or those that have a poor game or run of form.

Likewise, many go overboard in their praise if a players form is good, especially if a young player. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

They are not 5 year old shy lassies saying a few lines in a nativity play on stage. This is big boy, top level stuff. If anyone is not performing, regardless of who they are then they should be told in no uncertain terms to buck up.

Your constant omparison to lassies and woman is a bit weird in all honesty. 

Who's mind goes from a football game to a 5 year auld lassies play when looking for comparisons or in your case an excuse to call our players names and slag them?

Ae you back at Tynecastle  or are you still waiting on granny Budge to leave?

Bongo 1874
14 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Yeah, strange individual. Comes across as a parody account.

Pretty sure it was Forrest, Grant and Halliday he was trying to boot out the door. Now he’s telling others to give people a chance 😂

I don't deny any of this,Happy Grant & Forrest have proved me wrong.

Keep proving me wrong lads.

That's all i can ask and hope for 😀.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Unless a player is deliberately not giving their all for the team it's counterproductive to loudly criticize them when something like a pass doesn't go to plan. Sometimes a player just doesn't have the skill set to perform at the level we are seeking to play at but that's not their fault it's the club signing a player not quite of the calibre required.

Sibbick always puts in a shift when in the team but he looks jittery when the crowd are not happy so he needs a bit more backing as does Oda who can make the wrong decisions at times but does have plenty plus points when the fans get behind him. It's a two way thing with Tagawa as he doesn't look 100% motivated to improve and win over his doubters but we should try to encourage him more and see if that does the trick!  

Bazzas right boot
34 minutes ago, OTT said:

As a CB - agreed. 

He's not our best cb or cm either. 

The young lads are better than him in  midfield as well as all the senior players and Aki and Dexter who we have on loan as Sibbick isn't trusted to deputise are better rb's  than him

Kingsley is also a better rb than him.

Thus great job at CM line is just not true,  he was never " great".

Edited by Bazzas right boot

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He's not our best cb or cm either. 

The young lads are better than him in  midfield as well as all the senior players and Aki and Dexter who we have on loan as Sibbick isn't trusted to deputise are better rb's  than him

Kingsley is also a better rb than him.

Thus great job at CM line is just not true,  he was never " great".

TBH I think as others have said, he's probably ran out of time. 

Its frustrating, I think a lot like Sean Clare there is a feeling that he could have been so much better here but for whatever reason things haven't got going. Maybe he needed to give up the ghost of CB at this level a lot earlier? 😕 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, OTT said:

TBH I think as others have said, he's probably ran out of time. 

Its frustrating, I think a lot like Sean Clare there is a feeling that he could have been so much better here but for whatever reason things haven't got going. Maybe he needed to give up the ghost of CB at this level a lot earlier? 😕 

Good comparison as well, seems to be mental with the two you mention as they do have , or appeared to have the " raw" materials. 

Awareness,  positioning,  concentration, aggression etc  and ofc confidence seems to kept them back despite having attributes  like, athletism, pace, technique.

1 hour ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I will gladly encourage them to leave in the next transfer window.

Spot on, I am all for positive encouraging and I’m fully onboard the Naismith juggernaut, however that doesn’t mean I’m going to back a three legged horse in the grand national

gordon simpson
1 hour ago, Finlay James said:

100%

This

48 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

2 games. What’s your thoughts on the other 60 he has played for us? Including every minute of last seasons implosion. Naismiths first act was to launch Toby and get Kent in there.

Your comment reminds me a bit of folk saying “there’s a player in there” with Euan Henderson because he had 1 good game and goal against alloa. But then they don’t mention the 50 other games where he done nothing. 

Wooosh

Robbo-Jambo
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Agree and Tagawa is heading that way as well 

Just fail to see what he offers.

Maybe didn't help his case being played on the right wing on Sunday 

Der Kaiser

I back every player on that park in maroon for 90 minutes....

.....but i reserve the right to speak my mind after the game.

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Agree and Tagawa is heading that way as well 

Just fail to see what he offers.

Maybe didn't help his case being played on the right wing on Sunday 

How has Tagawa had plenty chances? 

He's played just over 500 minutes in 7 months, most of which he missed due to injury.

JimmyCant
42 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The 3 I mentioned Forrest,Grant, Halliday. 

I was wrong on Forrest and I'll say Grant too.

Delighted to be proven wrong.

Glad they have shown they can play for us.

So when you are urging us to get behind and support players who ‘aren’t doing so well’ that doesnt apply to an expert like you ?

Im pretty sure you also singled out Sibbick for your attention, during your period where you trolled through transfermarkt and pretended knowledge on well over 100 players

Still. Doesn’t really matter if a player or a manager for that matter gets slaughtered on here. It’s a forum for wide ranging opinions after all and has no impact on who gets selected, who gets released, who’s shite, who’s worth millions. Although it appears from his own words that Mr McKinley gives it some credence when making key decisions which is just one reason the guy shouldn’t be anywhere near Hearts

Bunny Munro

I like Sibbick and feel for him that he never got a run of games beside Kent.

Rowles was dreadful for the first 3 months of the season yet was persevered with and eventually became good by learning from him, Toby never got that chance.

Both blew hot and cold last season (Rowles was great until the World Cup, Sibbick was great Nov-Feb). 

Bazzas right boot

Is the OP suggesting that Booing players really loud, hurling expelitives at them, ripping them on social media,  giving them daft nicknames and calling  them lazy *******s while getting red in the face doesn't help?

Who'd have funk it?

Bongo 1874
4 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So when you are urging us to get behind and support players who ‘aren’t doing so well’ that doesnt apply to an expert like you ?

Im pretty sure you also singled out Sibbick for your attention, during your period where you trolled through transfermarkt and pretended knowledge on well over 100 players

Still. Doesn’t really matter if a player or a manager for that matter gets slaughtered on here. It’s a forum for wide ranging opinions after all and has no impact on who gets selected, who gets released, who’s shite, who’s worth millions. Although it appears from his own words that Mr McKinley gives it some credence when making key decisions which is just one reason the guy shouldn’t be anywhere near Hearts

I'm a big fan of Sibbick.

OmiyaHearts

Sibbick and Grant have had plenty of chances - they don't have a future with us, if we are looking to continually improve. We'd have been better of with someone like Blair Spittal instead of Grant, and I don't think Spittal is good enough for us either.

No one has given Tagawa or Oda hard time from the stands, from what I've heard. Tagawa just doesn't look interested - and that's a big issue for me. Although his game time has been limited.

I give players a hard time on here but not at games. However, we need massive improvements from all the players mentioned above and on this thread.

Edited by OmiyaHearts

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

The hypocrisy of the guy is next level. Slates players when it suits him then comes out with a thread like this, absolutely laughable!

13 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

How has Tagawa had plenty chances? 

He's played just over 500 minutes in 7 months, most of which he missed due to injury.

This is always conveniently missed out...