Foundation of Hearts - update

Sooks

Malinga the Swinga

Anyone know if you can still purchase the Foundation 3rd strip with names on it? Couldn't see it on Hearts shop site.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• The Treasurer

• wavydavy

• 1971fozzy

The Treasurer

Finally got sorted out. 

Turns out they were using an old email address that I deleted more than 8 years ago 😲 

Strange as I have been receiving updates to my current email since that time 

Got the email today re the DDs on the 1st and I tried to consolidate all my pledges into 1 but would not allow me to so do probably due to the DDs already being in motion

Pans Jambo

Proud to have hit the 1998 club. I know some will have reached that milestone months/years ago but I'm well chuffed about this. The 1998 cup final is my best ever day as a Jambo (so far).

Rudi the Cocker Spaniel
7 hours ago, XB52 said:

£10 is the minimum monthly payment allowed, think it's always been this. If you are pledging £10 or more each month then you're a full member. If you stop paying you are no longer a full member but now, as long as you had pledged £120 or more in a 12 month period you are an affiliate member.

Please note this is just my understanding

For some reason FoH don't seem to want to clarify the rules. They've replied promptly and confirmed I'm a member which is great (well I'm assuming that's what they mean by active pledger)

"Yes you are an active pledger. You are not an affiliate as you have an active mandate with the club."

But they didn't answer any of my other questions around contribution level needed to stay a member, or how you know your membership status (ie where on the website does it show status) or more detailed questions around how membership / affiliate membership works. 

I've always contributed, for a few years at or above £10pm / £120pa and then for a few years below £10pm / £120pa. 

SuperAustin

Money never come my bank today 

usually comes out on 1st 

Kiss my badge
3 hours ago, SuperAustin said:

usually comes out on 1st 

Same here use to have 2 DD's under gocardless but it has been changed to 3 DD's with Stripe set for the 1st of each month. But as yet nothing has gone out. 

As a side I can't login to the the FOH website, get asked "am i robot" when signing in but can't answer as half of the screen is block by the gray panel which is normally only at the bottom of a page. Only happens on the login page tried different browsers but have the same problem. :mw_confused:   

davemclaren
3 hours ago, SuperAustin said:

usually comes out on 1st 

Same here. I'll give it a couple of days before doing anything. 

davemclaren
On 28/02/2024 at 18:01, Rudi the Cocker Spaniel said:

For some reason FoH don't seem to want to clarify the rules. They've replied promptly and confirmed I'm a member which is great (well I'm assuming that's what they mean by active pledger)

"Yes you are an active pledger. You are not an affiliate as you have an active mandate with the club."

But they didn't answer any of my other questions around contribution level needed to stay a member, or how you know your membership status (ie where on the website does it show status) or more detailed questions around how membership / affiliate membership works. 

I've always contributed, for a few years at or above £10pm / £120pa and then for a few years below £10pm / £120pa. 

Eligibility for membership
1. A person shall be eligible to be an Affiliate Member if:
(a) he was a Member during all or any part of the Eligibility Period;
(b) as such Member, he donated a minimum of £120 to the Company in any
continuous period of 12 months (or less) falling wholly within the Eligibility
Period; and
(c) he has terminated the foregoing membership (whether during or after the
Eligibility Period).
The “Eligibility Period” is the period commencing on 1 September 2013 and ending on
30 August 2021.
Commencement and cessation of membership
2. A person who fulfils the eligibility criteria will automatically become an Affiliate
Member with effect from:
(a) 30 August 2021; or
(b) the date membership ceased under paragraph 1(c),
whichever is the later, provided that the directors may decline to admit any person to
Affiliate membership if, acting reasonably and properly, they consider it is in the best
interests of the Company as a whole to decline to admit, and need not give reasons for
doing so.
3. An Affiliate Member may withdraw from membership by giving notice to the
Company in writing.
4. A person’s Affiliate membership terminates when that person dies or when he becomes
a Member falling within a different class of membership. The provisions of article 23
(Termination of Membership) apply to Affiliate membership.
5. Affiliate membership is not transferable other than with the prior written consent of the
directors.

Still Game
35 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Eligibility for membership
1. A person shall be eligible to be an Affiliate Member if:
(a) he was a Member during all or any part of the Eligibility Period;
(b) as such Member, he donated a minimum of £120 to the Company in any
continuous period of 12 months (or less) falling wholly within the Eligibility
Period; and
(c) he has terminated the foregoing membership (whether during or after the
Eligibility Period).
The “Eligibility Period” is the period commencing on 1 September 2013 and ending on
30 August 2021.
Commencement and cessation of membership
2. A person who fulfils the eligibility criteria will automatically become an Affiliate
Member with effect from:
(a) 30 August 2021; or
(b) the date membership ceased under paragraph 1(c),
whichever is the later, provided that the directors may decline to admit any person to
Affiliate membership if, acting reasonably and properly, they consider it is in the best
interests of the Company as a whole to decline to admit, and need not give reasons for
doing so.
3. An Affiliate Member may withdraw from membership by giving notice to the
Company in writing.
4. A person’s Affiliate membership terminates when that person dies or when he becomes
a Member falling within a different class of membership. The provisions of article 23
(Termination of Membership) apply to Affiliate membership.
5. Affiliate membership is not transferable other than with the prior written consent of the
directors.

I do hope we add she to he or retain person somehow.

Following on from other comments, I tried to combine 2 DDs yesterday without any luck. At first I tried to find a way online to simply amend one DD to the full amount and then delete the other. I wasn't able to do so. I contacted the 'pledgeverify@FoH email address and was given instruction to delete both DDs and then create a new one. Well I deleted the existing DDs but could not create a new one. I got as far as reaching the bank authorisation stage but no further (I could see something like the partially blanked out grey screen that was mentioned earlier). I now do not have a pledge in place, but the 'pledgeverify' contact hopes to have things back in order soon.

Jambos dad
On 28/02/2024 at 14:13, The Treasurer said:

Finally got sorted out. 

Turns out they were using an old email address that I deleted more than 8 years ago 😲 

Strange as I have been receiving updates to my current email since that time 

How long did you have to wait for a reply. I contacted them at the start of the week because I have a different email address from the one I started with, but so far have had no response. I can't get my membership number but have noticed a new direct debit has been set up. Don't want to contact them again too soon.

Rudi the Cocker Spaniel

Thanks, do you know if there is something as clear for full Membership critera? I've read the AoA but they doesn't specify what the criteria currently is. At the start I would have said minimum £120pa or monthly automatic contribution (any amount). But I can't find that anywhere. A few comments suggest it's now minimum £120pa or minimum £10pm; but based on my personal contributions that isn't the criteria (unless the criteria are different for people who were members from the start).  It's not a big issue I'm just curious. More so because I've asked FOH twice and while they've replied they haven't clarified the criteria. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Jambos dad said:

How long did you have to wait for a reply. I contacted them at the start of the week because I have a different email address from the one I started with, but so far have had no response. I can't get my membership number but have noticed a new direct debit has been set up. Don't want to contact them again too soon.

They got back very quickly, within an hour. Which I thought was great service as I'm sure they have plenty of "technically challenged" people like me to deal with 

Jambos dad
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

They got back very quickly, within an hour. Which I thought was great service as I'm sure they have plenty of "technically challenged" people like me to deal with 

I bet you I'm more technically challenged than yourself. What address did you send your inquiry to?

Boris5115
2 hours ago, Kiss my badge said:

Same here use to have 2 DD's under gocardless but it has been changed to 3 DD's with Stripe set for the 1st of each month. But as yet nothing has gone out. 

As a side I can't login to the the FOH website, get asked "am i robot" when signing in but can't answer as half of the screen is block by the gray panel which is normally only at the bottom of a page. Only happens on the login page tried different browsers but have the same problem. :mw_confused:   

Exactly the same for me. Bit of a shambles tbf. I wonder how much donations will be down in January due to this issue. 

Harry Potter

Not reading whole thread, what has happened re payments, do i need to take action regarding D/D.

New email dropped with new initiative to gather opinions. 

Kiss my badge

Like Dave said, I'm going to give it few more business days to hopefully allow things to be resolved on the DD front.

Edited by Kiss my badge

been here before

Latest email:

I've removed the survey link just incase any ***** could sabotage it...

From the chairman of the Foundation of Hearts

Dear Owner

We've been listening. We understand the importance and benefits of clear communication, and we want to ensure that you, the owners, are heard, so that decisions can be taken and progress made which is informed with your feedback.

To help to make your voices heard, we’re launching a new initiative to get your opinions, and today we’re introducing No Idle Thoughts, a series of surveys that will gather your views. First off, we want to hear about your views on communication from the Foundation and on the Maroon Points rewards system, and in future surveys we’ll be asking your opinions on other issues central to the activities and strategies of the Foundation.

The surveys are a positive effort to bridge gaps. We know they mean nothing without follow-up action, so expect to hear from us on the results of the survey and what they mean for the Foundation. The survey can be found here: 

We’d be very grateful if you could complete this by Friday 15 March.

Thank you for your unwavering support.

With kind regards

Gerry Mallon
Chair, Foundation of Hearts

The Treasurer
3 hours ago, Jambos dad said:

I bet you I'm more technically challenged than yourself. What address did you send your inquiry to?

I just used the "contact us" link

Jambos dad
15 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I just used the "contact us" link

I told you I was more technically challenged. I've just sent an email to that address. I sent my previous message to rewards.

jamie1874
On 01/03/2024 at 14:48, davemclaren said:

Same here. I'll give it a couple of days before doing anything. 

I am in the same boat, went into my account this morning and it’s saying no payment method linked to the account? 

Footballfirst
On 27/02/2024 at 13:52, Lone Striker said:

Am I missing something .... but where is  the "change password" icon  ?

Also, the screen says we've raised 16,618,856   "as of last month" - do they mean February rather than January ?   My notes have the December total as 16,322,106. 

Now looks as they have lost some money. 🤔 Today's figure is £16,614,222.28

inspector

I've just received an email from them going back to my old D/D. I had received an email couple of days ago confirming my new payment so god knows what they're going to take. I have emailed them so I await their reply.

johnking123

Got mine all sorted on Friday. Think they will lose some people will take few months to get them back. 

ShedBoy

They cancelled my DD in February therefore didn’t take the payment and certainly haven’t set up a new DD via stripe. So I’ve gone into my FOH account and had to manually set up another DD. Looks like a few quid will be missing from this months takings. Hopefully fellow pledgers notice

Jambo-Fox

I’ve still can’t see a DD at my bank. Only 3 days until it’s due to be taken. I’ll wait until the due date has passed before I take action. 

Donations could take a big hit this month. And are likely to be impacted ongoing because some won’t be bothered with hassle of chasing the FOH to get it sorted out or be prepared to take the risk of setting up another DD in case the original one is resurrected and duplicated payments are taken. I’ll probably wait until April before taking action to mitigate against any risks 

My 2 DDs are setup with stripe and 1st one taken today

Radio Ga Ga

Just checked my account after reading this thread, my Gocardless DD has been cancelled (not by me) and there is no alternative DD been set up, this could be costing the Foundation £££££££££’s

colinmaroon

My GoCardless DD cancelled.

Due 1st of month, no sign of Stripe in my DD Summary.

No transaction in my account.

Edited by colinmaroon

SuperAustin

I emailed hopfully take the payment during the week was the reply I got 

1971fozzy

What a shambles. Why on earth did they change the DD taker ?

this will undoubtedly hit the monthly takings .  Shambles

jr ewing
41 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

What a shambles. Why on earth did they change the DD taker ?

this will undoubtedly hit the monthly takings .  Shambles

Biggest mistake 😪 

1971fozzy

Genuine question. Why did they change the D/D provider ? Looks like a huge own goal.

we regularly get £130,000 + a month.  This looks like a disaster. 

Edited by 1971fozzy

pettigrewsstylist

Due on Thu. Old one cancelled a month ago, still no sign of any new one. Emailed FOH 2 weeks ago. Told no action to take....

davemclaren
13 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Genuine question. Why did they change the D/D provider ? Looks like a huge own goal.

we regularly get £130,000 + a month.  This looks like a disaster. 

Cost was one reason and lines us up with the club in terms of systems allowing greater data integration I believe. 

johnking123

We will take bit of a hit at first. But should hopefully recover. 

jimbojambo

I seem to have lost all of my points. Got an email confirming that DD will be taken today with a link to account which I accessed via a code emailed to me. 

Bad Religion

When I click on manage pledge I get this message. Anyone else getting this?

IMG_4671.png

hughesie27
39 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

When I click on manage pledge I get this message. Anyone else getting this?

IMG_4671.png

Yep. And no sub taken yet this month.

hughesie27

I do have a Stripe Payments DD on my a banka account set up on 10th Feb but it has not taken any money from me yet.

Perhaps the new DD date is 10th of each month?

The Treasurer

Just received an email from FoH saying my DD will be taken on the 7th. 

It was listed as six smaller payments but the final total adds up to my regular amount. 

Jambo-Fox

And I’ve just had an e mail from the FOH saying my subscription is scheduled to renew and I will be charged on the 7th of March

However still no DD set up at my bank!

Jambo-Fox

Clicked the link (FOH) in the e mail and that triggered a Shopify Shop verification code text message to me …. log in rejected 3 times but after receiving 3 Shop Verification Codes I got in  - looks like I’ve received x3 rewards Plot, 1956 & 1998 but I’ve never seen these …. I’m not really bothered I just want Hearts to have a successful football team!

RustyRightPeg

Tried resetting my password, but isn't recognizing my email having an account linked to it. 

Anyone had similar?