• IveSeenTheLight

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• DC_92

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'd be very disappointed if it was

I very much doubt it will be him

I hope it's not, he'll get you consistent and up the table.

I hope it's some wild punt that gets everyone excited but ultimately blows up in your face.

Wee Mikey
18 minutes ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

https://spfl.co.uk/league/premiership/archive/287

image.thumb.png.edd11c025f07e4d24e944b6a4e2ef50e.png

Saved once by league reconstruction and another time avoided a play off due to the ridiculous 10k all seater rule. 

Crikey! Not only bottom of the table but a whopping 21 points behind Hearts. That's even more than it is just now.

Is that -39 goal difference a mis-type? 🤣

IveSeenTheLight

It seems a few are getting upset by the reality that Aberdeen was never 'saved from relegation' so its up to you if you want to accept the reality or not.

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

https://spfl.co.uk/league/premiership/archive/287

image.thumb.png.edd11c025f07e4d24e944b6a4e2ef50e.png

Saved once by league reconstruction and another time avoided a play off due to the ridiculous 10k all seater rule. 

1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

Crikey! Not only bottom of the table but a whopping 21 points behind Hearts. That's even more than it is just now.

Is that -39 goal difference a mis-type? 🤣

This is not the win you guys think it is

image.png.efa5afc3390bf86b5e364013b260042c.png

kingantti1874
12 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

It seems a few are getting upset by the reality that Aberdeen was never 'saved from relegation' so its up to you if you want to accept the reality or not.

if you finished bottom of the league how were you not spared relegation on account of league re-constitution? Genuine question? 

kingantti1874
10 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You are still showing you don’t understand what the criteria was before the season happened.

There was never an automatic relegation that year.

we finished in a play off spot where 3 teams would compete in a play off round robin tournament to decide which 2 teams played in the top tier

because 1 of the teams did not meet the leagues criteria at the time, there was no need to have the play off games

So the reality was, we were ‘saved’ from partaking in the 3 way playoff 

sorry just read this.  What absolute nonsense, the fact that there was never automatic relegation on account of league reconstruction. In no way invalidates the statement that Aberdeen were spared relegation on account of league reconstruction. 

in a normal season, without reconstruction Aberdeen would have been automatically relegated. Yes? Good.  

47 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Were you not saved from relegation due to Falkirks stadium not being up to standard?

IveSeenTheLight
34 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

if you finished bottom of the league how were you not spared relegation on account of league re-constitution? Genuine question? 

The criteria for the league that season was that there was no automatic relegation for the bottom placed team.

That was set out before the season started.

There was no mid season adjustment.

The argument of a "normal season" is irrelevant as they wanted to increase the league from 10 teams to 12 teams

We were 'saved' from having to partake in a 3 way round robin play off where 2 of the 3 teams would play in the top tier

IveSeenTheLight
2 minutes ago, Hannibal said:

Were you not saved from relegation due to Falkirks stadium not being up to standard?

No, we were 'saved' from having to partake in a 3 way play off

51 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

This is not the win you guys think it is

image.png.efa5afc3390bf86b5e364013b260042c.png

When’s the parade

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, SM8 said:

When’s the parade

I'm not gloating just pointing out the irrelevance of the attempted point scoring

Forza Cuore
19 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I'm not gloating just pointing out the irrelevance of the attempted point scoring

A better idea would be to just **** off. Weirdo.

Wee Mikey

Aye, and attempting to score points is what Aberdeen are totally struggling with this season after all.

kingantti1874

The criteria for the league that season was that there was no automatic relegation for the bottom placed team.

That was set out before the season started.

There was no mid season adjustment.

The argument of a "normal season" is irrelevant as they wanted to increase the league from 10 teams to 12 teams

We were 'saved' from having to partake in a 3 way round robin play off where 2 of the 3 teams would play in the top tier

🤣 laughable argument.  To the best of my knowledge no one said there was a mid season adjustment and it doesn’t matter regardless. 

Aberdeen finished bottom, finishing bottom usually means you are relegated.

Aberdeen were saved from relegation by league reconstruction.  

It very simple if there wasn’t any reconstruction Aberdeen would have been relegated.

Edited by kingantti1874

IveSeenTheLight
30 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Aye, and attempting to score points is what Aberdeen are totally struggling with this season after all.

:clap::clap::clap:

Good one, I'll give you that

😝

26 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

🤣 laughable argument.  To the best of my knowledge no one said there was a mid season adjustment and it doesn’t matter regardless. 

Aberdeen finished bottom, finishing bottom usually means you are relegated.

Aberdeen were saved from relegation by league reconstruction.  

It very simple if there wasn’t any reconstruction Aberdeen would have been relegated.

You've still got it wrong.

If, If, If, but there was.

Nevermind, I don't think you'll ever get it so as long as your error makes you feel a bit better 🤭

Arthur Morgan

Currently at just the 23 points ahead of Aberdeen 👀

Reckon a win for Hibs at Pittodrie as well.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

kingantti1874
19 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

:clap::clap::clap:

Good one, I'll give you that

😝

Nevermind, I don't think you'll ever get it so as long as your error makes you feel a bit better 🤭

I don’t have it wrong at all. You are twisting and turning and trying to argue that since there was never any automatic relegation that season it doesn’t count.

But the fact is finishing bottom usually sees a team relegated. Aberdeen finished bottom and were not related on account of the fact that the league was being expanded. 

Aberdeen were saved from relegation by league reconstruction.

Craigieboy
21 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

No idea how you can’t see the simple fact that bottom place means relegation unless they reconstruct the league. Which they did. 

Therefore your club was saved from relegation by league reconstruction.

You can word it whichever way you please I suppose, so long as it makes you feel a bit better. 

Edited by Craigieboy

IveSeenTheLight
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t have it wrong at all. You are twisting and turning and trying to argue that since there was never any automatic relegation that season it doesn’t count.

But the fact is finishing bottom usually sees a team relegated. Aberdeen finished bottom and were not related on account of the fact that the league was being expanded. 

Aberdeen were saved from relegation by league reconstruction.

You are completely wrong.

Your basis is an 'IF' statement that has no relevance

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Craigieboy said:

No idea how you can’t see the simple fact that bottom place means relegation unless they reconstruct the league. Which they did. 

Therefore your club was saved from relegation by league reconstruction.

You can word it whichever way you please I suppose, so long as it makes you feel a bit better. 

I've no idea how you cannot accept and acknowledge that before the season kicked off, the criteria for all teams in the league was that there was no automatic relegation that season.

That's just a simple fact

Aberdeen was saved from having to play a 3 way playoff, from which 2 out of the 3 teams qualified

Aberdeen was saved from partaking in a play off. They were not saved from relegation

Look at it from a different angle. If Falkirk stadium met the criteria, does that mean that Aberdeen would have been automatically relegated? No it didn't

Craigieboy
3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I've no idea how you cannot accept and acknowledge that before the season kicked off, the criteria for all teams in the league was that there was no automatic relegation that season.

That's just a simple fact

Aberdeen was saved from having to play a 3 way playoff, from which 2 out of the 3 teams qualified

Aberdeen was saved from partaking in a play off. They were not saved from relegation

Look at it from a different angle. If Falkirk stadium met the criteria, does that mean that Aberdeen would have been automatically relegated? No it didn't

:cornette: 

I vowed a great many years ago not to waste time dealing with delusional people. That’s me out. 

IveSeenTheLight
Just now, Craigieboy said:

:cornette: 

I vowed a great many years ago not to waste time dealing with delusional people. That’s me out. 

You make an excellent point.

I'll stick to the facts, you can stick to the 'but if's'

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

You are completely wrong.

Your basis is an 'IF' statement that has no relevance

I don’t have it wrong. Aberdeen finished in the spot which means automatic relegation other than in the season where they league was being expanded. 

your “but but but there was no automatic relegation that season waaahhhh “ has no relevance.  

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

why was there no automatic relegation?
Was it or was it not becuase of league reconstruction ? 

therefore

the team who finished last were spared from automatic relegation on account of reconstruction.  That is a stone cold undeniable, unarguable fact.

maybe a mathematical analogy will help drill into you wool filled head 🤣🤷‍♂️

3+3 = 2*3 = 6

Also however

3+3 = 6 

IveSeenTheLight
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I don’t have it wrong. Aberdeen finished in the spot which means automatic relegation other than in the season where they league was being expanded. 

your “but but but there was no automatic relegation that season waaahhhh “ has no relevance.  

The fact there was no automatic relegation that season is definitely relevant.

Your reference to other season is factually irrelevant

😆 

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

why was there no automatic relegation?
Was it or was it not becuase of league reconstruction ? 

therefore

the team who finished last were spared from automatic relegation on account of reconstruction.  That is a stone cold undeniable, unarguable fact.

maybe a mathematical analogy will help drill into you wool filled head 🤣🤷‍♂️

3+3 = 2*3 = 6

Also however

3+3 = 6 

The question you need to understand is 'Was there automatic relegation that season?'

The answer is No

That's still the fact of the matter

IveSeenTheLight
13 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

Aberdeen are shite

We most definitely are this season.

A team of Jekyll and Hide.

Only seem to do well against perceived better teams and shite it against teams we should compete better against

3 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Only seem to do well against perceived better teams and shite it against teams we should compete better against

really really shite

kingantti1874
13 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The question you need to understand is 'Was there automatic relegation that season?'

The answer is No

The point you need to ask is why? The answer is becuase of league reconstruction. That statement is also 100% true.

reconstruction = no automatic relegation = bottom placed team(Aberdeen) avoids relegation. 

What a laughable position to take. Utterly pathetic 🤣

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

because your built like 1992 airdrie, to sit deep and hit on the break 

14 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The answer is No

What is it you're actually suggesting here? That Aberdeen would have avoided finishing last if they'd known it would result in relegation? That's laughable.

You were the worst team in the league but didn't go down and were then spared the opportunity to go down entirely. That can't be argued to be anything other than extremely lucky, which is ultimately the point.

Drylaw Hearts

If there was no relegation from the outset that season then they weren’t saved from being relegated.

You can’t be saved from something that doesn’t exist……..

kingantti1874
14 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

If there was no relegation from the outset that season then they weren’t saved from being relegated.

Jesus Christ. Why did it not exist? 

Edited by kingantti1874

At the end of the 1999-2000 season, when the S.P.L was due to expand to 12 teams. The team that finished bottom of the SPL (Aberdeen) was due to compete in a three-way play-off against the teams that finished 2nd and 3rd in the First Division (Dunfermline and Falkirk respectively), with 2 of the 3 teams earning entry to the SPL for season 2000/01. Falkirk's Brockville ground did not meet the SPL requirements so they applied to groundshare at Murrayfield. This was rejected by the SPL, who in 2004 accepted an identical groundsharing bid at Murrayfield from Hearts [ [http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/3582079.stm BBC SPORT | Football | Scottish Premier | SPL approves ground-sharing ] ] (a team who were already S.P.L members). The play-off system was hence abandoned and Aberdeen and Dunfermline were allowed into the SPL for the following season.

🤔

17 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Relegation exists.

The team finishing bottom were saved from it from the outset. That happened to be Aberdeen.

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Relegation exists.

The team finishing bottom were saved from it from the outset. That happened to be Aberdeen.

It’s actually remarkable that people cannot wrap their heads around its. 

ISL I think does really . It doesn’t matter if they were safe from relegation before the start of the season, in middle or at the end. 

the only reason Aberdeen weren’t relegated was due to league expansion. They were ALSO saved from the playoff that should have been becuase of stadium rules.

so the actual fact is they had a double dose of luck.  

1. Finishing last = relegation. Aberdeen (or any other team who could have finished bottom) didn’t face automatic relegation that year due to league expansion. Fact! 

2. Finishing last = playoff. An exception due to expansion which Aberdeen avoided due to stadium rules. Fact

both of the above statements are true.

Edited by kingantti1874

Des Lynam
54 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

The answer is No

You were saved from potential relegation through a three way play off because Falkirk’s stadium wasn’t deemed suitable. 

Shameful stuff. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 07/02/2024 at 12:21, IveSeenTheLight said:

Deluded prick :lol:

Drylaw Hearts
46 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Jesus Christ. Why did it not exist? 

42 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Relegation exists.

Did the Sheep not say there was no relegation from the outset that season due to expansion to the league ?

If that is correct and there was no relegation then they couldn’t be saved from something that wasn’t ever going to happen.

2 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Did the Sheep not say there was no relegation from the outset that season due to expansion to the league ?

If that is correct and there was no relegation then they couldn’t be saved from something that wasn’t ever going to happen.

Firstly, it's not correct to say it wasn't ever going to happen, because there was supposed to be a play-off.

Ultimately, it is extremely fortunate to be spared relegation entirely when you prove to be the worst team in the league. Teams get relegated every year for that and plenty of teams have been relegated for less. That is ultimately the point which the semantic guff only serves to obscure.

Drylaw Hearts
16 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Firstly, it's not correct to say it wasn't ever going to happen, because there was supposed to be a play-off.

Ultimately, it is extremely fortunate to be spared relegation entirely when you prove to be the worst team in the league. Teams get relegated every year for that and plenty of teams have been relegated for less. That is ultimately the point which the semantic guff only serves to obscure.

Whilst teams do get automatically relegated every year for finishing rock bottom…..from the outset that wasn’t going to be the case in 1999/2000…..therefore it didn’t exist.

However….they were spared the 3 team play-off that was in place.

merseyjambo
2 hours ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

Have you really got so little in your life that you come on a rivals message board on a Thursday afternoon and try to justify whether or not Aberdeen should have been relegated. Everyone has their own opinion and FWIW, you were that shoite that season you’d have finished bottom in that round robin.

There is no way I’d be on a mutton molestors fan board trying to justify HMFC.

Do you know why a lot of Hearts fans absolutely loathe Aberdeen. Your chance to change the voting system from 11-1 when Sevco went skywards. Instead you thought it was your opportunity to become a Scottish Football powerhouse and voted with self interest and the gremlins from Darkhead to block the change to the 11-1 rule. Now you’re back on the outside of that club with the rest of us. You are despised for that. Absolute whores

Voice of reason

I don’t hate Aberdeen due to them avoiding relegation. A pretty trivial claim to fame. Seems people focus too much on the things they have the upper hand on: namely, relegation and Europe. Well done to them on both fronts, especially winning the Cup Winners Cup.

However, if you focus on trophies won this century, the head-to-head record, the all time league record, size of support etc. then you rightly see them as the smaller club they are. A bit of a tin-pot history having only been formed in 1903 as well. Hardly pioneers in Scottish football. Hibs have a more interesting history. Maybe, we should also focus on the present more - they are currently the 9th best team in Scotland and absolutely miles behind Hearts. Ultimately that’s all that matters to me today.

46 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Whilst teams do get automatically relegated every year for finishing rock bottom…..from the outset that wasn’t going to be the case in 1999/2000…..therefore it didn’t exist.

However….they were spared the 3 team play-off that was in place.

Thanks for repeating that again. My closing paragraph stands.

IveSeenTheLight
4 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Well done, this man gets it

IveSeenTheLight
4 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

You were saved from potential relegation through a three way play off because Falkirk’s stadium wasn’t deemed suitable. 

Shameful stuff. 

Can't argue against that.

It was potential relegation however 2 of the 3 teams would have played in the top tier so it was not a forgone conclusion 

Malinga the Swinga

Without getting involved in an argument with any Aberdeen supporters, can I just state they are shit, they are supported by a rapidly decreasing number of supporters, their stadium is a pigsty that would embarrass pigs and their chairman is a *****.

That is all 

IveSeenTheLight
3 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Have you really got so little in your life that you come on a rivals message board on a Thursday afternoon and try to justify whether or not Aberdeen should have been relegated. Everyone has their own opinion and FWIW, you were that shoite that season you’d have finished bottom in that round robin.

There is no way I’d be on a mutton molestors fan board trying to justify HMFC.

Do you know why a lot of Hearts fans absolutely loathe Aberdeen. Your chance to change the voting system from 11-1 when Sevco went skywards. Instead you thought it was your opportunity to become a Scottish Football powerhouse and voted with self interest and the gremlins from Darkhead to block the change to the 11-1 rule. Now you’re back on the outside of that club with the rest of us. You are despised for that. Absolute whores

If I recall correctly, the fear was a change in the voting structure would have led to a share of all gate receipts. Or something along that lines.

Would you have wanted to share receipts from tickets sold at Tynecastle?