Beni Baningime ( merged )

Bazzas right boot

8 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Going to give some the benefit of the doubt, they are bored and just letting their brain fart all over the internet

I think some might be downplaying how good a player he is because there's a chance he will leave for sod all at the end of the season.  Saying he's not that good or we don't really need him softens the blow.   Like Gino last year. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

• GinRummy

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, May98 said:

I think some might be downplaying how good a player he is because there's a chance he will leave for sod all at the end of the season.  Saying he's not that good or we don't really need him softens the blow.   Like Gino last year. 

Definitely for some, others are not that clever 😉

lost in space

I see the knicker-twisters (different from the pant wetters) are out in force today, as some posters have failed to recognise the god like status of Beni.

Somebody just mentioned Gino - and there are similarities.

Gino was very good for a while but had deficiencies.

Beni is similar in that he is good but not the perfect DM - particularly when you look at his injury record.

I would like Beni to stay and almost all of us would like to have him and Gino here.

We won't get a player as good as Beni, in the areas of the game where he excels - but if he is replaced, hopefully the new guy will REGULARLY make decent forward passes and maybe even have a shot at goal!

RustyRightPeg
32 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I see the knicker-twisters (different from the pant wetters) are out in force today, as some posters have failed to recognise the god like status of Beni.

Beni is similar in that he is good but not the perfect DM - particularly when you look at his injury record.

I would like Beni to stay and almost all of us would like to have him and Gino here.

We won't get a player as good as Beni, in the areas of the game where he excels - but if he is replaced, hopefully the new guy will REGULARLY make decent forward passes and maybe even have a shot at goal!

Just utterly mental. Regularly make forward passes and shoot 🤣

There's just no reasoning with stuff like that. His ball retention is exceptional, and he controls the pace of the game in almost every game he plays. That's his job. You wouldn't ask Shankland to drop in and sit in front of the defence just because he doesn't do that enough would you?

Would you go about asking the likes of Rodri or Makelele or other top sitting midfielders to start forcing forward passes or start leathering shots at goal?

lost in space
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Just utterly mental. Regularly make forward passes and shoot 🤣

There's just no reasoning with stuff like that. His ball retention is exceptional, and he controls the pace of the game in almost every game he plays. That's his job. You wouldn't ask Shankland to drop in and sit in front of the defence just because he doesn't do that enough would you?

Would you go about asking the likes of Rodri or Makelele or other top sitting midfielders to start forcing forward passes or start leathering shots at goal?

He excels (probably best in Scotland) at some aspects of a DM.

He is not great at other aspects of the midfield game.

If he is as good a DM as some of his followers say - why is he not in the EPL?

Is there a queue of English Champ clubs fighting to get him?

Rangers and Celtic preparing bids?

I don't think so.

I enjoy watching parts of his game - but he has major flaws.

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

That's exactly it. It's cause he isn't blood and snotters that certain, I'll call them old fashioned individuals don't appreciate him. 

It's no coincidence that since he got a solid run of games we climbed the table. 

We’ve been climbing the table just fine without him.  Very good defensive record without him too.  Nobody is saying he is shite but I do think he is probably our most overrated player in terms of importance to the team especially based on the fact that we do fine whether he plays or doesn’t play.   Take Shankland or Kent out the team and we’re ****ed, take Beni out the team and it’s pretty much as we were, still solid defensively, still struggle to score goals.  

28 minutes ago, lost in space said:

I don't think so.

Major Flaws ? :rofl:

These things just aren’t part of his game, that doesn’t make them major flaws ffs. 

lost in space
25 minutes ago, Dazo said:

These things just aren’t part of his game, that doesn’t make them major flaws ffs. 

Well how about "captain flaws"? 

Not as senior as major.

Watt-Zeefuik
21 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Totally different players - Beni is much more composed & disciplined, positionally aware, technically good on the ball whereas Devlin is like a terrier who doesn’t have the same ability or discipline but presses more and forces mistakes higher up the pitch, it’s why they both work well together.

I love them together. The agent of order and the agent of chaos. Devlin destroying everything the opponent tries to put together, Beni sweeping up the mess and breaking the press.

I can kind of get why Naismith doesn't like them together as a defensive midfield 2 in front of a back 3. It does seem like he's wanting Dev to play more as a high pressing midfielder and wanting him to work on his attacking sense.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

That's exactly it. It's cause he isn't blood and snotters that certain, I'll call them old fashioned individuals don't appreciate him. 

It's no coincidence that since he got a solid run of games we climbed the table. 

It is exactly that. 

Red in the face types yelling at Mckay " to get stuck in!"

Same ones that used to call Djoum lazy

52 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Not as senior as major.

Much better. 👍😂

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Not part of his game but maybe they should be?  That’s a bit like arguing that Devlin shouldn’t be better on the ball because that’s not what’s he there for.  

2 hours ago, lost in space said:

I don't think so.

Probably something to do with the 18 month layoff… 

Had he not got injured he’d almost certainly have been bought that summer for a healthy fee.

Very few players in the history of the game have done every midfield role flawlessly.

Nobody’s trying to claim he’s at the level of Rodri etc, but it’s not debatable that he’s one of if not the best holding midfielder in the league and is a massive part of our play. He will have suitors once his deals up, it’s pointless to argue otherwise, the only thing putting teams off will be his recovery from a torn ACL.

3 hours ago, May98 said:

This btw, it’s something that you see quite often on here

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Not part of his game but maybe they should be?  That’s a bit like arguing that Devlin shouldn’t be better on the ball because that’s not what’s he there for.  

I like Devlin and definitely brings something to the table but he’s not in the same league as Beni imo. He’s top drawer and I’m really not getting into a debate about him mate. If you can’t see what he brings and would rather dissect the things that just aren’t part of his game then bash on.

Japan Jambo
On 16/01/2024 at 16:41, lost in space said:

I would be sorry to see him go as he is the BEST I have seen at "stealing" the ball without giving a foul away- but he is not a player who has it all.

Don't get me wrong - that is a fantastic skill. Also, his "turns" are particularly good - but then he passes backwards.

He can get about the park and make defensive headers in midfield BUT -

his passing (apart from short back or sideway) is poor.

He doesn't have great vision.

As for shooting -pathetic.

I will miss his very good talents - but hope we can find a defensive midfield player who can get his head up and look for a forward pass.

maybe we should dub him 'The Hairdresser' - Tidy player who passes short back and sides...

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I like Devlin and definitely brings something to the table but he’s not in the same league as Beni imo. He’s top drawer and I’m really not getting into a debate about him mate. If you can’t see what he brings and would rather dissect the things that just aren’t part of his game then bash on.

I like Beni too but I think Devlin brings more to the team.  Neither are top drawer though, that’s why they’re both at Hearts.  Beni had only played 11 league games in his 4 years (probably most as a sub) before joining Hearts, there’s obviously reasons for that, not all injury related.  

If you don’t think players should always be looking to improve their game then we’ll need to agree to disagree.  It’s pretty much generally accepted that Devlin, also a defensive midfielder, needs to improve on areas of his game so I don’t understand why Beni in the same position should be exempt from this expectation. 

There’s a group on here that just can’t handle any criticism, valid or otherwise , of some players. Nobody has said Beni is a poor player. He has obvious limitations. His passing game is the very obvious criticism, doesn’t see passes, takes very easy short passes rather than fairly easy better passes, he has no attacking game but clearly has the ability to develop that. 

His plus points are obvious, Great at winning and retaining the ball, comfortable on the ball. He’s a good player and most would rather keep him but even for a defensive mid he has flaws. He’s not leaving for a top championship side or an epl side, he’s just not good enough for that or he wouldn’t be here. 

Clerry Jambo
3 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

Hope he signs a new deal. That would be fabby. 

Agree mate getting Beni and shanks on longer deals will be best bit of business Hearts will have done in many years. Other side of coin if we lose both we are back to trying to add the quality we need to move forward 

Beni is a fabulous player, and we are lucky to have him. Before his injury we could see he was class. Now he’s back it’s taking time but you can see he’s getting back to his best. Quality player and Shanks benefits greatly because of him

Wee Mikey
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It is exactly that. 

Red in the face types yelling at Mckay " to get stuck in!"

Same ones that used to call Djoum lazy

Djoum wisnae 'lazy', he was 'easy'; easy as a Sunday morning, methinks.

Musical interlude:-

1 minute ago, sac said:

Beni is a fabulous player, and we are lucky to have him. Before his injury we could see he was class. Now he’s back it’s taking time but you can see he’s getting back to his best. Quality player and Shanks benefits greatly because of him

Shanks doesn’t benefit greatly from him at all. He played a good through ball to him a few games ago but Shankland is an attacker, it’s a total stretch to say someone who’s main skill is keeping possession benefit a forward. You might as well say that Shankland benefits greatly from playing with Kent because he wins balls which can start attacks. Shanks would benefit from a midfielder that can regularly play good forward passes. 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Shanks doesn’t benefit greatly from him at all. He played a good through ball to him a few games ago but Shankland is an attacker, it’s a total stretch to say someone who’s main skill is keeping possession benefit a forward. You might as well say that Shankland benefits greatly from playing with Kent because he wins balls which can start attacks. Shanks would benefit from a midfielder that can regularly play good forward passes. 

Aye ok then.

Wee Mikey
36 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

maybe we should dub him 'The Hairdresser' - Tidy player who passes short back and sides...

That ☝️ is top bantz. 🤣

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Tell me you know nothing about football without saying so type post.

I had to read that 3 times to believe it.

Unexpected from you tbh.

4 hours ago, lost in space said:

Radio Rental

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Tell me you know nothing about football without saying so type post.

I had to read that 3 times to believe it.

Unexpected from you tbh.

Whatever. Any forward will benefit from playing with a better DM than Devlin, Nieuwenhof or Denholm. Going out of your way to say Shanks benefits from playing with Beni is only true because we don’t  have any forward thinking central midfielders. The type of midfielder Shankland would really benefit from is not Beni.

Beni is brilliant. He'll take a pass in traffic, and retain possession. We are getting better at playing through presses, and he's often at the heart of that.

I really hope we can get him to extend his stay.

The White Cockade
2 hours ago, lost in space said:

Not as senior as major.

😂

I used to work in IT for the Region decades ago 

Had a guy who when anything went wrong phoned up to say there were major problems 

Obviously we called him Major Problems!

Sub4TiddlerMurray
25 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Did you miss the derby game? 

Check this out: https://www.heartsstandard.co.uk/news/24040761.beni-baningime-became-key-player-hearts/

Yeah not wanting to an arse to anyone but I really struggle with the opinion that Beni is not a good player when it comes to the offensive side of the game . I think people just need to watch individual players a bit more closely sometimes 

Pans Jambo
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I enjoy got Hearts Standard so I can’t access that. 

IMG_0864.jpeg

Sub4TiddlerMurray
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I haven’t  got Hearts Standard so I can’t access that. 

Tell you what, it's an absolute bargain and top quality!

Beni Baningime's run in the team coincided with Hearts' best spell of form under Steven Naismith (Image: Newsquest)

It wasn’t so long ago that some Heart of Midlothian supporters were calling for Steven Naismith’s head. Back-to-back defeats against the Old Firm towards the end of October saw the men in maroon drop to seventh place in the Premiership standings, with just three wins and 11 points to their name. They had lost half of their 10 league fixtures so far.

That match at Ibrox would prove to be a turning point. It might not have felt like it at the time, due to the sucker-punch nature of the 2-1 defeat, but Hearts had vastly improved on the 4-1 loss at home to Celtic the week before. Naismith’s decision to change the shape to a 3-5-2 so nearly paid off against Rangers, and it would become the team’s tactical template for the upcoming run of fixtures.

It worked like a charm. Naismith’s side would go on to win seven of their next nine league games, conceding just four goals along the way. The six clean sheets demonstrated that the defence had tightened things up significantly, and the team were exerting more control in possession too. The run catapulted Hearts into third and although they stumbled at home to Ross County, supporters went into the winter break feeling justifiably optimistic about what the rest of the season has in store.

READ MORE: Why a Hearts pre-contract move for Yan Dhanda makes sense for everyone

It wasn’t just the change in shape that inspired Hearts’ upturn in fortunes, though. That run of seven wins in nine games is notable for another reason: it was when Beni Baningime became a regular fixture at the base of midfield. The 1-0 win over Livingston that kicked off the run was just the 25-year-old’s third start in a league game that season and although he would be brought off with 15 to go, he would go on to play every minute of the next eight games. The 2-2 draw at home to County, when Baningime was rested, underlined his importance to the team. The former Everton man was conspicuous by his absence.

It should come as little surprise that Hearts’ best run of form of Naismith’s reign coincided with an extended run in the team for Baningime. There is no one else on the books at Tynecastle Park who can do the things the No.6 can, and getting Baningime to commit his future to Hearts beyond the summer must be a top priority for Naismith. Let’s have a look at why.

Baningime’s evolution

When Baningime first swapped Goodison for Gorgie in the summer of 2021, he was a different sort of player to the one that Hearts fans have become accustomed to in recent weeks. Usually partnering Cammy Devlin in Robbie Neilson’s 3-4-3 formation, Baningime had a different role in the team. It was his and Devlin’s responsibility to win the ball back in midfield and shift it out wide, and it was a role that the Everton academy graduate starred in. Take a look at his radar for the 2021/22 season below – he is one of the best midfielders in the league when it comes to winning the ball back. His overall passing accuracy is decent, but nothing to shout about.

Then, of course, came the injury. Baningime’s cruciate ligament was damaged so severely that he wouldn’t play for another 17 months. By the time he returned, there was a new man occupying the Tynecastle hot seat, and he had his own ideas about how the team should play. Baningime was thrown back into the starting line-up away to Rosenborg and looked decidedly off the pace before being subbed off at half-time. For the next couple of months, he had to make do with the odd substitute appearance here and there before returning to the starting XI in the 2-1 defeat at Ibrox. He hasn’t looked back since.

Deployed at the base of midfield, Baningime has thrived in his new role and shown that he can adapt his game. Far from being the ball-winner he was under Neilson, now Naismith was asking him to calmly recycle the ball from the No.6 position. Baningime’s composure and unflappable nature on the ball, Naismith reasoned, made him the perfect candidate for the position – and the head coach was absolutely right.

The radars above show Baningime’s performance in key midfield metrics in the 21/22 season (red) and the current campaign (blue). Now, his passing accuracy is one of the highest rates in the league and he commits very few turnovers. He has one overriding instruction - don’t lose the ball, ever – and he carries it out dutifully. It’s interesting to note that Baningime is also playing the same sort of passes as before (his distribution of forward, sideways and backward passes is identical in the two seasons we are examining, as are the two teams’ average possession), so it’s not that he is taking the easier option or playing many more simple passes. It’s an area of his game that has improved markedly but the team’s structure, where he is constantly surrounded with options for a short pass, surely plays its part too.

Out of possession, Baningime is not as active as he once was but he still scores relatively well, compared to other Premiership midfielders, in terms of tackles and interceptions once we adjust for possession. Again, the team’s shape is an important factor here. With two midfielders ahead of him and three centre-backs lurking behind, it’s not Baningime’s job to go haring after the ball. Instead, he protects the space in front of the defence, forcing the opposition to attack down the flanks and into less threatening areas.

It’s a difficult position to play, but Baningime makes it look very simple indeed. His ability to keep a hold of the ball under pressure before releasing it to a team-mate is an invaluable asset to his side, as Naismith previously explained to Hearts Standard.

“I was confident he would come up here and do really well,” said Naismith, who knew Baningime well from their time together at Everton. “The biggest doubt I had was, ‘will he get caught on the ball?’ because he wants to take a touch. That’s a strength of his game, he is calm. I was thinking, ‘but in Scotland is he going to be good enough to manoeuvre that?’. He did. If anything, he takes his touch and reels them in and that’s what gets him away. He’s got that calmness.”

READ MORE: The Hearts Park Ji-Sung: Why Steven Naismith wants new Alan Forrest deal

One of a kind

There’s another reason Baningime was such an important player for Hearts during that winter run – there is no like-for-like replacement for him on the books at present. When Baningime was rested for the final two matches before the winter break, Calem Nieuwenhof was deployed there unconvincingly for the first half hour against Ross County before Naismith changed the team’s shape, and the head coach opted against using a No.6 altogether in the 2-1 win over Livingston. Quite simply, no one else can do what Baningime does.

Let’s examine the squad’s passing statistics in the league this season. We’ll start with the basics: Baningime has the highest overall passing accuracy, and by some distance too. Some might dismiss this by arguing that he is largely playing simple passes but this does not tell the full story. Under pressure, he is remarkably level-headed. Around one in four passes he plays are executed with an opponent breathing down his neck, but then something interesting happens: Baningime’s passing accuracy goes up a couple of per cent. He has the highest passing accuracy under pressure (91 per cent) of any player in the entire Premiership. They still tend to be short (only Zander Clark, Kye Rowles and Frankie Kent have shorter average pass lengths) but Baningime is usually playing them in potentially difficult situations. He is head and shoulders above the rest of the team when passing under pressure, and no one comes close to matching his level of composure on the ball.

It's why Baningime is so vital to this Hearts team. His presence alone helps Hearts to build out from the back, as Naismith clearly wants his players to do, and his wherewithal on the ball is instrumental in beating an opponent’s press. Any team that tends to dominate possession needs at least one player whose job it is to retain the ball at all costs, and Baningime is that man for Hearts. But that’s not to say that there is no room for further improvement still.

READ MORE: How a few steps infield could result in a giant leap forward for Barrie McKay

Bravery on the ball

A common criticism of Naismith’s Hearts is that they have an unfortunate tendency to be risk-averse on the ball, that the men in maroon can be guilty of being too pedestrian in possession when a little more urgency wouldn’t go amiss. Playing in the position that he does, Baningime is often the lightning rod for groans and grumbles from the stands if he dallies on the ball or takes the safe option, rather than attempting something more progressive. Sometimes it’s justified, sometimes it’s not. His reluctance to get the ball forward proved costly in last month’s 2-1 defeat at Pittodrie but to be fair to the midfielder, it is a lesson he has heeded since.

Up until the Premiership’s winter hiatus, we were seeing Baningime taking more risks on a game-by-game basis. It started in the 2-0 win at Celtic Park, as illustrated in the examples below. In the first, Baningime shifts his weight at the last second to fool Kyogo Furuhashi and instead drives up the park, and in the second Baningime again goes for the progressive option rather than choosing the easy pass.

These are just two examples, but they serve as an encouraging indicator of what can be achieved if Baningime can continue with his forward-thinking attitude. If there were any fans still unsure that he could take the ball under pressure, draw multiple opposing players towards him and then release it up the park effectively, then a short passage of play from the Edinburgh derby put those doubts to bed. Just watch the clip below, which was widely circulated online after the dramatic 1-0 win at Easter Road.

If you had to sum up Beni Baningime with one 10-second clip, that would surely be it. The way he protects the ball with his body, the way he seems constantly on the verge of losing it but somehow holds onto it, the way he has the presence of mind to release it with expert timing – these are qualities that are very, very difficult to coach. You can either do it or you can’t, and Baningime is one of the few who can. Supporters don’t need to be told of the potential Baningime holds – they just need to see that progressive attitude a little more regularly.

READ MORE: The evolution of Cammy Devlin: From midfield dictator to Hearts' all-action man

Priority position

Extending Baningime’s contract beyond the end of the season is a no-brainer for Hearts, and the matter is surely high up on Naismith’s list of priorities. The head coach himself expects his player’s career aspirations to exceed what’s on offer at Tynecastle Park. And if a Premier League club, for instance, were sniffing about, it’s hard to envisage the midfielder putting pen to paper on any contract extension from Gorgie. But Naismith remains hopeful of keeping a hold of his man.

“Beni, for me, has got to be a big part of this club,” he said. “His quality is good, his personality is infectious but he is someone who will have aspirations. He’s played in the Premier League, he knows what it is like. For him to think ‘Hearts is my limit’, I would be disappointed with that. I think he would lack hunger.

“With all the players when I talk about honesty, I will give them my honest opinion of how I see them here but where they can go. For players, especially when you have been injured, it can be easy [to think] ‘that move is on the table’, I’ll just go there'. I've seen it myself with players, they make that move and six months later they are going ‘I wish I hadn’t done that’. Yeah, they might make a wee bit more money. Money is a massive part of it for players because some of it can be life-changing, it can be what you are going to do when you are finished and all that but it isn’t always better just to move.”

Even if Naismith can convince Baningime to extend his stay in Gorgie he is unlikely to play every game between now and the end of the season, and a viable alternative is required. It must be said, though, finding a player like that is easier said than done. Nieuwenhof and Peter Haring are the most experienced candidates and there is also the transfer market, but a possible option is Macaulay Tait, the 18-year-old who is viewed as a No.6.

Baningime is a unique player in Naismith’s squad, and his contribution to the team’s success throughout winter is difficult to downplay. He is the metronome at the heart of midfield, the man who gets Hearts ticking – and, since his return from that horrific injury, he has been showing supporters exactly what they’ve been missing.

1 Comment

More Stories

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

IMG_0864.jpeg

Yep, he retains possession very well. Big part of his game. 

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

There’s a group on here that just can’t handle any criticism, valid or otherwise , of some players. Nobody has said Beni is a poor player. He has obvious limitations. His passing game is the very obvious criticism, doesn’t see passes, takes very easy short passes rather than fairly easy better passes, he has no attacking game but clearly has the ability to develop that. 

His plus points are obvious, Great at winning and retaining the ball, comfortable on the ball. He’s a good player and most would rather keep him but even for a defensive mid he has flaws. He’s not leaving for a top championship side or an epl side, he’s just not good enough for that or he wouldn’t be here. 

89% accuracy. Highest in entire squad this season. Its just facts. 

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

Not denting it’s a fact. I’ve just paid him a complement in my last post. He’s a very good player at our level. 

Wee Mikey
57 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

At the away derby, Shanks benefited from a late route 1 punt up the park from a player regularly castigated. OK, his brilliant goal relied on Rocky doing an unbelievable downwards header, plus him making the most of it.

I'm not too sure of the point you're trying to make.

Wee Mikey
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Precisely!

That twerp Lennon made an entire career at Celtic by being kinda like that. One touch followed by an easy pass is often just what is needed.

Keeping posession, re-circulating ... with the occasional fabby forward pass, plus interceptions isn't to be sneezed at.

If he goes, then we'll miss him.

4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

At the away derby, Shanks benefited from a late route 1 punt up the park from a player regularly castigated. OK, his brilliant goal relied on Rocky doing an unbelievable downwards header, plus him making the most of it.

I'm not too sure of the point you're trying to make.

His passing is generally too safe and slows down attacks and  he’s not going to a top English championshi or epl side. He’s a great DM at our level. 

That’s pretty much all I was saying. Not making a point so much as commenting on the exaggerated views about him. 

Pans Jambo
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Precisely!

That twerp Lennon made an entire career at Celtic by being kinda like that. One touch followed by an easy pass is often just what is needed.

Keeping posession, re-circulating ... with the occasional fabby forward pass, plus interceptions isn't to be sneezed at.

If he goes, then we'll miss him.

:spoton:

@Sub4TiddlerMurray  thanks for that. Don’t actually disagree with much in that article. It focuses almost entirely in the positives though and kind of brushes aside any criticism. 

Wee Mikey
4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

His passing is generally too safe and slows down attacks and  he’s not going to a top English championshi or epl side. He’s a great DM at our level. 

That’s pretty much all I was saying. Not making a point so much as commenting on the exaggerated views about him. 

Fair comment. 

lost in space
57 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Radio Rental

And the reason that other clubs arnt queuing up to buy him is..........????

5 minutes ago, lost in space said:

And the reason that other clubs arnt queuing up to buy him is..........????

Because he only has six months left and he was out injured for over a year . I would have thought this was obvious :lol: 

lost in space
6 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Because he only has six months left and he was out injured for over a year . I would have thought this was obvious :lol: 

It is obvious - and that does has a lot to do with it. His fitness record is very poor - which is a very good reason why I won't be too concerned if he leaves.

Well that and his reluctance to pass forward............

2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

It is obvious - and that does has a lot to do with it. His fitness record is very poor - which is a very good reason why I won't be too concerned if he leaves.

Well that and his reluctance to pass forward............

Obvious troll is obvious :lol: 

• davemclaren changed the title to Beni Baningime ( merged )