Beni Baningime ( merged )

Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot

With all the excitement around Shankland,  Beni's contract situation has gone under the radar a bit.

He's free to sign a pre contract now.

Shankland extending followed by Beni committing would be fabby.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

• GinRummy

Polonia Gorgie

I thought Beni turned down a new offer, have we offered him better terms since? 

Special Agent Dale Cooper

If he signs I think with Shanks not getting any younger, he and Cochrane will be our biggest assets going forward.

A must-keep if possible.

PaddysBar

Hope he stays. 

I'm always in two minds about players who are out for a lengthy spell then leave like Souttar and possibly Beni. 

We’ve looked after them well whilst they were not contributing anything but at the same time, they did get injured working for Hearts. 

johnking123
1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Did Beni say he would make us big money……

He did

24 minutes ago, Polonia Gorgie said:

I thought Beni turned down a new offer, have we offered him better terms since? 

He did. 

Uncle Buck

I’d love him to stay but just can’t see it. Halkett, Gordon and Forrest are all out of contract too.

Beni will go. 

Class player but always clearly had ambitions to play elsewhere.

If he signs a pre contract soon I would have some major concerns having him in the starting 11. 

chrisyboy7
4 minutes ago, Rods said:

Beni will go. 

Class player but always clearly had ambitions to play elsewhere.

If he signs a pre contract soon I would have some major concerns having him in the starting 11. 

It would be best to get dome cash in gor him now and buy Messi from Dross County 

Hungry hippo
2 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Did Beni say he would make us big money……

Yeah, although I always took that to mean that he expected to be sold fairly quickly but that possibly was scuppered by the knee injury.

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Yeah, although I always took that to mean that he expected to be sold fairly quickly but that possibly was scuppered by the knee injury.

Yeah, thats the way I saw it, almost 18 months out injured wasn't something he expected.

He would go down massively in my estimations if he was to leave the club who helped him in his rehabilitation for nothing. 

12 minutes ago, Bender said:

He would go down massively in my estimations if he was to leave the club who helped him in his rehabilitation for nothing. 

I can live with it. He isn’t a boyhood Hearts fan. He played with us because we were the best offer available at the time, and now he fancies his chances somewhere else. He’s honoured the contract he signed. It’s neither his fault nor the club’s that he got such a bad injury - just crappy luck.

I’d love for him to re-sign, but if not, that’s football.

25 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Yip , as gutted as I will be , it is just the way it is 

Des Lynam
16 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Term gets overused but he is a total baller . Massive player for us and I hope he stays 

It should never be used. 

I've got a funny feeling he might stay. 

Pasquale for King

He’s definitely off, just a matter of now for a token fee or in the summer. 

10 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

It should never be used. 

I've got a funny feeling he might stay. 

Back in the day you would say he was “ silky “ :lol: 

Hearts1975
36 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I can live with it. He isn’t a boyhood Hearts fan. He played with us because we were the best offer available at the time, and now he fancies his chances somewhere else. He’s honoured the contract he signed. It’s neither his fault nor the club’s that he got such a bad injury - just crappy luck.

I’d love for him to re-sign, but if not, that’s football.

I think it's more to do with what he said and when he arrived. "Joe, I will make you, and this club, a lot of money" 

No need to say that especially if that was never his intention. 

We looked after him throughout his rehabilitation period. It's a carbon copy of the Souttar fiasco potentially in the making but I am still hopeful he will sign the new contract

He won’t entertain us just now as he’s been advised not to sign any contract from his ‘advisor.’ He will take the same route as Gino so enjoy him for the next 4 months. 

colinmorewasgash

No disrespect to him but he has been out more than he has played and was out after hibs game again. If he gets injured again then we have lost money on him and he is free when he leaves in summer. Maybe not popular thought but if him and agent think he is destined for better let him go now for some dosh. 

gregzy2k7

My take is I don't think he will stay, just a gut feeling, I think he will want to see if he can do it at English championship level and progress his career further, would like us to at least keep him until the summer though as he is cclearly our best midfielder by some distance, if/when he does go, I think we should be all over Alan Campbell if we can somehow do a deal with Luton for him.

Watt-Zeefuik

Can't be sure he's staying but I'm also not horribly worried about him going. The front office's attention has rightly been on Shanks—either getting him to stay or if we're selling him, making sure it happens early enough in the window that we can find a replacement.

If Shanks does, as is rumoured, sign an extension (please let it be so), I would imagine Savage and co. would turn their attention to extending players like Beni and Forrest.

Priorities and that.

Can’t really be ****ed with players who have spent lots of time in the treatment room then leave under freedom of contract. 

49 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Can’t really be ****ed with players who have spent lots of time in the treatment room then leave under freedom of contract. 

Agree. We seem to have had a lot of these players/situations in recent years.

Edited by HMFC 86

3 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Agree. We seem to have had a lot of these players/situations in recent years.

I think every club does to be fair. Players run down contracts a lot. Doesn’t mean we have to like guys getting paid for long periods when injured then leaving for free. 

Edited by GinRummy

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Where I am aswell

1971fozzy

Id like to hope he gives us another year at least. 
That would be fair in my view. 
18 months out was a game changer like it or not so would be very glad if we had him for another year at least. Fingers crossed.

1971fozzy
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He'll go, but not to the level he thinks he belongs. 

What level is that ? Missed it

iantjambo

If he signs a new contract, then great. 
If he decides he wants to leave, then **** him. Good player, but far from irreplaceable.

I know his injury wasn’t his fault, but if he does a Souttar, then it would leave a bit of a sour taste in the mouth.

Beni is a classy player but there's no way we should be offering silly money, if he's rejected the deal then fair enough. £ for £ we've had better from Cammy Devlin over the last 3 years. Beni is a huge risk. 

Beni absolutely wants Hearts to get some kind of money for him. I know this for a fact.
How that is achieved I don’t know. 

There is a small chance he can sign a new contract with a view that he will sold in the summer. But personally I think he will go in the summer either way. 

kingantti1874
2 hours ago, Valois No1 said:

Decent player but is replaceable. 

Bold statement given he the best in the league outside of Glasgow and we haven’t had one near his ability for a VERY long time 

22 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Beni absolutely wants Hearts to get some kind of money for him. I know this for a fact.

There is a small chance he can sign a new contract with a view that he will sold in the summer. But personally I think he will go in the summer either way. 

Well if he goes for nothing in the summer then us getting money isn’t really what he wants as that is easily resolved. 

kingantti1874

I just hope he stays, he’s a brilliant player.  

PTBCAL - your position on this has softened. ? 

26 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

We'll soon find out if he wants that or not because he will either sign a new contract or leave this window. I personally doubt if us getting cash is high up on his priority list.

27 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Why would some club sign him for a fee in the summer and not on a pre right now?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

We'll soon find out if he wants that or not because he will either sign a new contract or leave this window. I personally doubt if us getting cash is high up on his priority list.

:spoton:

It seems like some people believe everything they are told by football players. These guys have a very small close group of people they will confide in, I doubt it includes stalkers from the local gym. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Chong said:

Why would some club sign him for a fee in the summer and not on a pre right now?

If he extends his contract now they'd need to pay  a fee.

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If they really want him they wouldn't need to pay a fee; they would sign him on a pre-contract now for nothing

Edited by Chong

TexasAndy

Would love Beni to sign a new contract but I always feel that if a player doesn't want to be here then they need to go.

pettigrewsstylist

I think he is gone if he can get an offer better than ours. No idea if he has any currently.

Not concerned about playing him remainder of season if he has no offers that interest him, as he will then be neeeding to showcase towards summer.

If he signs pre contract then that changes.

21 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I just hope he stays, he’s a brilliant player.  

PTBCAL - your position on this has softened. ? 

Beni wants us to get something - he is very keen on that. So the options are he sold now or signs a new deal to be sold in the summer. I can’t really see either scenario happening imo 

52 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

14 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

8 minutes ago, Chong said:

If they really want him they wouldn't need to pay a fee; they would sign him on a pre-contract now for nothing

Ffs 😂😂🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

17 minutes ago, Dazo said:

:spoton:

It seems like some people believe everything they are told by football players. These guys have a very small close group of people they will confide in, I doubt it includes stalkers from the local gym. 

That’s a bit harsh 

He communicates every day with my son - but not at the gym. Clearly your nose is out of joint

But thanks. I won’t be posting anymore about Beni etc. i get a lot of solid info but I’ll keep it for my WhatsApp group 

Thanks again 👊

• davemclaren changed the title to Beni Baningime ( merged )