Beni Baningime ( merged )

Bazzas right boot

Skacelsid

Would not be offering new contracts to Beni or Halkett. If they can they prove fitness long term, have returned to previous levels and help us to secure a third place, then the end of the season is time to negotiate, neither is going to be in demand at this time. More so Halkett as we now appear to playing a higher line and his lack of pace may be shown up. They could agree contracts and then end up side lined for a year or god forbid with career ended recurrence.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

• GinRummy

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, Skacelsid said:

Would not be offering new contracts to Beni or Halkett. If they can they prove fitness long term, have returned to previous levels and help us to secure a third place, then the end of the season is time to negotiate, neither is going to be in demand at this time. More so Halkett as we now appear to playing a higher line and his lack of pace may be shown up. They could agree contracts and then end up side lined for a year or god forbid with career ended recurrence.

Sorry it’s just a daft point. They will both be in demand, they are both starters. You can’t be scared of what may happen. We need to retain our best players 

2 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

That’s a bit harsh 

He communicates every day with my son - but not at the gym. Clearly your nose is out of joint

But thanks. I won’t be posting anymore about Beni etc. i get a lot of solid info but I’ll keep it for my WhatsApp group 

Thanks again 👊

:rofl:

Lighten up buddy. I’ve now got WhatsApp group envy. 🥲

Don’t see him staying which is a massive shame. This is a short career and he’ll be in the same situation that Souttar was, his injury will be playing on his mind - what if I stay here out of loyalty and it happens again, then will I never get another chance? What if it’s worse and I can’t even play again at this level? I could set up my family for life with a bigger contract elsewhere etc. It’s only human.

I also don’t think he’s going to sign a pre contract or leave for a fee this window because clubs will be waiting it out to see how he recovers from a horrendous injury, so it’ll be a Gino situation.

Just my thoughts not itk.

Football can be a short career as young Beni almost found out. So I don't blame him if he moves on for better money tbh. I hope he gets 10,000 sheets a week. Good luck to him. 

6 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

I’d 100% be offering both deals, we’re low on the food chain, if we wait until they are more in demand then we’ll lose out to someone with more money. We have to move early to secure our players or they’ll be away. If they get injured again then hard lines but it happens.

9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Football can be a short career as young Beni almost found out. So I don't blame him if he moves on for better money tbh. I hope he gets 10,000 sheets a week. Good luck to him. 

The right answer. 

Uncle Buck
20 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Aye let’s get rid of our best players :lol: 

Admirable that he wants us to get something but to be perfectly honest it would be such a paltry amount now , it barely makes it worthwhile . If he is not going to sign a new contract then he is far more valuable to us playing on the pitch . Shame we never got as long out of him as we would have if he had not been injured for a whole season because he is a really good player 

Beni was immense first season, a big part of our success at that time. It’d be a shame if he goes on free but oh well. Having him for the remainder of this season is surely better than letting him go for a small fee.

14 hours ago, PaddysBar said:

Hope he stays. 

I'm always in two minds about players who are out for a lengthy spell then leave like Souttar and possibly Beni. 

We’ve looked after them well whilst they were not contributing anything but at the same time, they did get injured working for Hearts. 

I'd have hoped that after Souttar we'd have learned our lesson and should have started including clauses in players contracts along the lines of if you miss more than say 50% of games in a season due to an injury then the club have a 1 year extension available to them to trigger should they wish

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

What level is that ? Missed it

The top. He'll be at Sunderland or something,  maybe The OF. Not arsenal. 

Jim Panzee
5 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He'll go, but not to the level he thinks he belongs. 

or.....an english championship team will take a punt.

At this this moment, it's still a punt for any team. Beni not really back to pre injury performances, and having to rest lately for a couple of games....

Really hope it works out for the player, but I feel his best chance of reaching his previous heights is Hearts - in a team, league and environment he knows. He could well get a better paid move down south, but his path back to previous heights may be a lot tougher.....

JimmyCant
9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Beni will offski I reckon. Halkett, Gordon and Forrest will extend 

I reckon Gordon might retire at the end of this season.If he’s not getting first team football, he might just want to call it a day.

Halkett and Forrest won’t get bigger clubs or more money than they’d get by staying so they both will stay

Beni. Seems to me he’s running his contract down and maybe has something else in the pipeline already.

Edited by JimmyCant

5 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I reckon Gordon might retire at the end of this season.If he’s not getting first team football, he might just want to call it a day.

Halkett and Forrest won’t get bigger clubs or more money than they’d get by staying so they both will stay

Beni. Seems to me he’s running his contract down and maybe has something else in the pipeline already.

Nah can't see it mate. Never shown any signs of that or made given any hint that he might. The work he'll have put in to recover from his leg break, he'll be hungry as ever to be back playing again.

JimmyCant
Just now, Chimp said:

Nah can't see it mate. Never shown any signs of that or made given any hint that he might. The work he'll have put in to recover from his leg break, he'll be hungry as ever to be back playing again.

Indeed but he’s also got Clark ahead of him and I doubt that’s changing unless Clark has a couple of mares or gets injured

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Indeed but he’s also got Clark ahead of him and I doubt that’s changing unless Clark has a couple of mares or gets injured

Clark has had a few mare moments though. Bad errors but he's gotten away with it because he's pulled off a few good saves in the game to let him off the hook.

2 hours ago, boag1874 said:

Don’t see him staying which is a massive shame. This is a short career and he’ll be in the same situation that Souttar was, his injury will be playing on his mind - what if I stay here out of loyalty and it happens again, then will I never get another chance? What if it’s worse and I can’t even play again at this level? I could set up my family for life with a bigger contract elsewhere etc. It’s only human.

I also don’t think he’s going to sign a pre contract or leave for a fee this window because clubs will be waiting it out to see how he recovers from a horrendous injury, so it’ll be a Gino situation.

Just my thoughts not itk.

That's where I want to see us being a bit harder nosed. Now, and going forward.

Entering the last 6 months and refused an extension? You're not in the squad. If Beni doesn't play between now and summer, the offers won't be as lucrative as if he plays.

Edited by Taffin
Sorry meant to post this on the Beni thread

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Entering the last 6 months and refused an extension? You're not in the squad. If Beni doesn't play between now and summer, the offers won't be as lucrative as if he plays.

Can’t agree with that Taffin. I think every player/situation needs treated on its own merit. I think such a blanket approach would also make future players think twice about joining. You can’t exit prayers to stay with you forever and only leave on your terms, imo anyway. 

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Even if Beni playing could be the difference between us qualifying for Europe or not? and potentially losing out on millions of pounds. Not sure that logic works, certainly not in a situation where it's one of your best players.

9 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Can’t agree with that Taffin. I think every player/situation needs treated on its own merit. I think such a blanket approach would also make future players think twice about joining. You can’t exit prayers to stay with you forever and only leave on your terms, imo anyway. 

How's that approach working out for us? Being a soft touch is a nice idea but it sees players like Hickey, Souttar, Gino and Beni leave for buttons/nothing. We've hardly made a dime in transfer fees.

I wouldn't do it with every player, but we need to start demonstrating it's Hearts first, player second. The players are putting themselves first, we should be too. Want a platform to earn a big move? Sign an extension. 

8 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Even if Beni playing could be the difference between us qualifying for Europe or not? and potentially losing out on millions of pounds. Not sure that logic works, certainly not in a situation where it's one of your best players.

We did okay qualifying for Europe in the 18 months he wasn't playing and fortunately we're surely already looking for a starting CM this window...so it wouldn't weaken us, it would just be the good CM was now someone else rather than Beni.

21 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We did okay qualifying for Europe in the 18 months he wasn't playing and fortunately we're surely already looking for a starting CM this window...so it wouldn't weaken us, it would just be the good CM was now someone else rather than Beni.

No we didn't? we blew 3rd. 

Not having Beni in the side makes us weaker, not sure how you could disagree. 

3 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I disagree 

He won’t be putting in 100% due to having his head turned.

We are going to be carrying a passenger not the player of 2 years ago.

14 minutes ago, Rods said:

I disagree 

He won’t be putting in 100% due to having his head turned.

We are going to be carrying a passenger not the player of 2 years ago.

You've just decided that in your own head. 

He's made a difference since returning to the team. After such a long time out he's steadily been getting better each game. Looks to me like you're another one who's taken the hump because he hasn't signed a new deal yet.

Hungry hippo

I think it's important to remember that almost all players we sign have ran down their contract at other clubs. We can't be too surprised when some do the same with us.

2 minutes ago, Chimp said:

You've just decided that in your own head. 

He's made a difference since returning to the team. After such a long time out he's steadily been getting better each game. Looks to me like you're another one who's taken the hump because he hasn't signed a new deal yet.

Correct I have decided that.

I base this on his recent absences (plus hiding in the last few mins at Easter Road)

The injury recover time to me is also suspicious. 

He is looking for the door and as it stands he is using us to get fit for his new team.

1 minute ago, Rods said:

I base this on his recent absences (plus hiding in the last few mins at Easter Road)

He is looking for the door and as it stands he is using us to get fit for his new team.

Away you go😆

4 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

Beni absolutely wants Hearts to get some kind of money for him. I know this for a fact.
How that is achieved I don’t know. 

There is a small chance he can sign a new contract with a view that he will sold in the summer. But personally I think he will go in the summer either way. 

Is this not a bit of a contradiction? If he wants us to make money then he can sign a new deal with a release clause in it if a certain fee is offered.

4 minutes ago, Rods said:

There’s an element of truth to the last sentence but he has slowly improved this season. With such limited options in midfield he’s probably still our best bet. 

pharmaceutical01
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Sunderla

sorry copies by accident...please ignore 

Edited by pharmaceutical01

18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There’s an element of truth to the last sentence but he has slowly improved this season. With such limited options in midfield he’s probably still our best bet. 

He is a brilliant player but he has just not got the heart and that will become even more apparent as the weeks go on when he is thinking about Preston or whoever. 

I don’t think anyone can deny his fitness issues. His sitting on the turf at ER looking to leave us with 10 men in the final seconds of an important game for the club, coupled with not appearing the next two games are a big red flag for me. 

1 hour ago, Chimp said:

Sorry I thought you said the difference between qualifying for Europe, and not...I seem to remember playing in it this year.

We did blow third...it didn't coincide with losing Beni though. That fantastic lead we'd built up to blow was also achieved without him.

You're changing the narrative as you go.

We're a better team with Beni in it right now, I agree.  If we sign a player as good as him (or maybe lesser but more complimentary to Devlin's skillset; someone who can assist, score and bring more creativity) we'd be much of a muchness imo. Hopefully we're after that player regardless, we we need one. 

Edited by Taffin

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I think it's important to remember that almost all players we sign have ran down their contract at other clubs. We can't be too surprised when some do the same with us.

Exactly, and there’s hundreds out there that would improve us without paying transfer fees, unless for a Shankland type. 

Pasquale for King

I think the club have to offer him a deal, just to have made the effort, even though it seems hes told us that hes leaving. 

9 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Sorry I thought you said the difference between qualifying for Europe, and not...I seem to remember playing in it this year.

We did blow third...it didn't coincide with losing Beni though. That fantastic lead we'd built up to blow was also achieved without him.

You're changing the narrative as you go.

We're a better team with Beni in it right now, I agree.  If we sign a player as good as him (or maybe lesser but more complimentary to Devlin's skillset; someone who can assist, score and bring more creativity) we'd be much of a muchness imo. Hopefully we're after that player regardless, we we need one. 

I meant the guaranteed group stage. Think you probably knew that but you're being arsey anyway,

In what way am I changing the narrative?

pettigrewsstylist
20 minutes ago, Rods said:

He is a brilliant player but he has just not got the heart and that will become even more apparent as the weeks go on when he is thinking about Preston or whoever. 

I don’t think anyone can deny his fitness issues. His sitting on the turf at ER looking to leave us with 10 men in the final seconds of an important game for the club, coupled with not appearing the next two games are a big red flag for me. 

I hear you.

7 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I meant the guaranteed group stage. Think you probably knew that but you're being arsey anyway,

In what way am I changing the narrative?

I'm not being arsey. I just shared my view on players running down contracts and pointed out that your argument against my view was inaccurate.

As to your question, you've answered it yourself in the paragraph above. Europe, to 3rd, to guaranteed group stage football via 'blowing' something Beni didn't help to achieve in the first place.

Beni is class, probably my favourite player in the current team. I'm just sick of us playing the nicey nicely keep players happy card...as the evidence shows it doesn't work from a transfer fee perspective. Would it be cutting off our nose to spite our face with Beni? Long term, imo no, it wouldn't. Short term, maybe...but we were doing fine without him last year before the wheels came off for totally different reasons 

Edited by Taffin

28 minutes ago, Rods said:

Aye I agree. I just took it that it was taking him time to get back to how he was after such a long injury. 

Edited by GinRummy

18 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think the club have to offer him a deal, just to have made the effort, even though it seems hes told us that hes leaving. 

I would say it is 100% guaranteed we will (or have already) offer him a deal.

Saw someone mention his “ adviser “ earlier . Thought it was an interesting choice of word rather than agent . Who is his adviser / agent 

Just now, Sooks said:

Saw someone mention his “ adviser “ earlier . Thought it was an interesting choice of word rather than agent . Who is his adviser / agent 

God.

portobellojambo1

I did reas on here that Bwni had, by all accounts, rejected a contract going forward, and if that is the case I think he will be a big loss. I think we missed him during his injury, and there have been glimpses of improvement since he came back in. He is the ball winner in midfield, but at the moment there ain't an awful lot else we have in the middlw of the park. Denholm has looked not bad on and off but O still think we miss someone ;ike thw old Gary Mackay, who often acted as the link between Robbo and goals, and that aspect from midfiels has been limited for a wee while.

Fozzyonthefence
12 hours ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

Can't be sure he's staying but I'm also not horribly worried about him going. The front office's attention has rightly been on Shanks—either getting him to stay or if we're selling him, making sure it happens early enough in the window that we can find a replacement.

I’m the same.  We’ve done without him for 18 months and we’ll do without him when he’s gone.  He doesn’t look the player he was before his injury and I’m not fussed whether he stays or goes. It’s an attacking midfielder that should be priority along with a RB. 

Valois No1
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Bold statement given he the best in the league outside of Glasgow and we haven’t had one near his ability for a VERY long time 

Hmmmmm. Na. I know this won’t be popular but I do think Beni is overrated Terrible at going forward. Can’t head a ball. Not got a good range of passing. Not hugely fast. That’s his negatives.

He is very good at reading the game, good positional sense, decent short range passing and good at breaking the attacks down. These qualities are fairly in abundance with lots of players though.

I want him to stay as do think there is a place for him but it’s not like losing Kent, Halket or Shanks. I do think we would struggle to get at least the same in. Just my opinion. 

We are a much better team with him in it . He picks a through ball better than any of our other players and he his ball retention is second to none as well . I would rather have him here until his contract runs out than get a couple of hundred grand for him in this window 

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, Rods said:

Suspicious 🤣

• davemclaren changed the title to Beni Baningime ( merged )