Beni Baningime ( merged )

Bazzas right boot

7 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Folk with tinted glasses or never actually saw him play will hail Brellier as one of our best defensive midfielders, but he was/is vastly overrated and Baningime is twice the player Brellier was

Brellier was brilliant for us. Key to making that team what it was imo.

Beni is a better footballer though. People who don't rate him are bonkers.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fozzyonthefence

• Bazzas right boot

• Sooks

• GinRummy

innerjambo

Great to see everyone getting along just fine here, and having friendly banter as usual 😆

One five
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Can still remember the Gretna final and everyone chanting Julian Brellier before he came on. 

Great player :) An absolute sin his career was basically done after a year at Norwich. Would have chewed arms off to get him back.

👍

31 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I was at the games too back then, so not sure what you’re insinuating with your post. But regarding Brellier, you’re wrong. Hence why he went to Norwich in the Championship and failed before retiring early.

The moment you resort to insults for what is simply a football opinion, is the moment you show that you can’t control yourself. So your judgement of players is easily dismissed.

More shite 😂

Tynecastle Valhalla

Brellier was magnificent at reading the game and anticipation.

he was also really fast over a few yards.

did his job really well which allowed everyone around him to flourish.

beni is a slightly different player but same position.

also a majestic footballer.

really good under pressure on the ball but also great at winning the ball.

sees things other players don’t and anticipates the play in advance.

he is second name on the team sheet for me.

hearts should offer him more money to stay.

Drumjambo
19 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

This is it in a nut shell. The frustrations people are showing are largely justified because recruitment in that area of the park has largely fallen shirt, though we missed Hoff big time last night and he looks like being a key player. Devlin is simply a very limited footballer and whilst he has qualities we need better. There was a 5 second cameo that encapsulated everything about him last night, tenaciously won the ball in a dangerous area, drove forward with options left and right and couldn't make a straightforward pass to either Hearts player who would have had a goalscoring opportunity. There is definitely a place for him in the squad but if we want to improve as a whole we need players with more talent.

As for Beningame he is often neat and tidy, his first thought is to retain possession, nothing wrong with that. But there are times when he should be opening his body and going out the other side or allowing him to drive forward, as he did so effectively for the goal last night, and instead he takes the easy option that kills any pace and momentum we are trying to build. My frustration with him is that he can quite clearly do more. He is capable of being a leader in the side but is too happy being in a comfort zone and just doing enough. It will be interesting to see who is interested in him if he's hell bent on leaving Hearts, I think he should be careful what he wishes for as I think he has a very cushy number at Tynecastle at the level we operate. 

Bang on the Money great post

Red Card Ref
14 hours ago, H2 said:

Another Beni lover! The success of the team is down to every player  in the squad, not just square ball back pass Beni. With your "obvious" knowledge, how come you are not the first team coach?

Yes, I am a Beni lover. Yes, the success is down to every player. I recieve your passive comments loud and clear. I apologise for offending you with my knowledge and comment. I'll go easier on the keyboard ✌️ 

Watt-Zeefuik
6 hours ago, Tynecastle Valhalla said:

Brellier was magnificent at reading the game and anticipation.

he was also really fast over a few yards.

did his job really well which allowed everyone around him to flourish.

beni is a slightly different player but same position.

also a majestic footballer.

really good under pressure on the ball but also great at winning the ball.

sees things other players don’t and anticipates the play in advance.

he is second name on the team sheet for me.

hearts should offer him more money to stay.

I'm not sure it's money that's keeping him from signing. I mean I'm sure there's a price at which he couldn't refuse but it very much sounds like he's trying to sort out his family life.

I think if he stays he could be incredibly good for us next season. We see glimpses of it but I think with the end of this season to get his feet back under him plus a full summer of training he could be back to his old excellence or even better.

You can't make someone stay who doesn't want to but I hope he stays.

Tynecastle Valhalla
26 minutes ago, Watt-Zeefuik said:

I'm not sure it's money that's keeping him from signing. I mean I'm sure there's a price at which he couldn't refuse but it very much sounds like he's trying to sort out his family life.

I think if he stays he could be incredibly good for us next season. We see glimpses of it but I think with the end of this season to get his feet back under him plus a full summer of training he could be back to his old excellence or even better.

You can't make someone stay who doesn't want to but I hope he stays.

I agree it sounds like it’s not about money but money does talk - even a year extension would be something.

we need him for Europe 

8 hours ago, Red Card Ref said:

Yes, I am a Beni lover. Yes, the success is down to every player. I recieve your passive comments loud and clear. I apologise for offending you with my knowledge and comment. I'll go easier on the keyboard ✌️ 

Passive:vrface:. Yes please be more sensitive, I'm an old person. I am so in awe of your superior knowledge. How about an exclusive as to when you are taking over. :Shanks: