Excess Deaths

Ked

i wish jj was my dad
6 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

published in a well known and respected journal - the fact that some of the data and assumptions were subsequently challenged in itself proves the point that just blindly believing experts (or what’s written in respected journals) is a precarious road to go down and that the comments section has a part to play also

my own situation non-covid related - blood taken told I needed to go on lifetime medication - my reaction - I’m not saying I disbelieve the results but I want another blood test checked as going on lifetime medication (harmless or not) is a big deal to me especially as I don’t have the relevant symptoms - oh no sir you’ve reading the comments section etc - ok I’ll pay for a retest - oh your wasting your money - next results absolutely fine and crucially the originally ****-up was explainable which to be fair not only were they polite about it ‘you were right to stick to your guns etc’ they learned that certain scenarios can ****-up the blood test results 

a real victory all around for the comments section (or as I say a simple double-check when the stakes merit it)

all these people I’ve saved from going on unnecessary medication (and the side-effects) by bringing about a change in practice (albeit possibly at a local level) by being a foil-hatter

:sweeet:

my only slight disappointment was that the change in practice was not rolled-out via the medium of a TikTok dance 😡

See, there is nothing wrong with having doubts or questioning those who are supposed to know better and your example shows that it is worth doing that. I've had similar experiences with 'experts' or professionals in medical and work situations where challenging advice was absolutely worth doing. 

That's not the same as proclaiming yourself an expert or trying to (loudly and repeatedly) influence others to ignore experts or deride them for not doing so. 

I've never tried to hide my contempt for politicians and certainly not the current lot. As often as not, they are more interested in headlines and votes as they are doing the right thing but even they have to operate within state apparatus so they cant just force lockdown or vaccines as an exercise of control.

It's sensible and often productive to question but boring as it may seem with a pandemic, it seemed better to have a more balanced and considered perspective than assume that we knew better than the guys who had access to the actual 'science'. 

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ulysses

• JudyJudyJudy

• MoncurMacdonaldMercer

• escobri

7 hours ago, Ulysses said:

But in fairness, you're not presenting me with something new here.  You didn't go to the comments section.  You got another professional test done.  I've done the same.  That's not tinfoil hat-wearing.

Tinfoil hat-wearing is when you persuade yourself that you can't trust the experts, so you'll trust someone instead who has no knowledge at all.  If you got a lump or a dodgy mole on your skin who would you consult?  Your GP and a dermatologist?  Or me, @Ked and @i wish jj was my dad?  You know the answer to that as well as I do.

By the way, here's the nearest you'll get to a conspiracy theory from me.  I'd bet a few quid that most of the ****ers pumping out their YouTube quackery are all quietly doing the same thing you did and I did, and not a tinfoil hat in sight while they're doing it.  It ain't about the conspiracy, or the politics.  It's about the clicks, the views and the earnings.  Follow the money.

There is no doubt a lot of profiteering is going on, it always does. A lot of medical professionals were heavily censored the last few years so the contrainians amongst us had limited sources.

I remember the NZ prime minister saying she was the single source of truth, no other words but ffs, who buys that shit.

Here's a picture of a horse to admire.

20240109_094557.jpg

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

See, there is nothing wrong with having doubts or questioning those who are supposed to know better and your example shows that it is worth doing that.  

in an earlier post you listed a few negative things people were doing including not taking vaccines

was it wrong to have doubts or questions about that or was that fine as per your latest post

seems the foil-hatter definition has been clarified as people who thought it was all about population control although those who disagreed for a number reasons - doubts about vaccine long-term safety / preferring not-the-science experts views got tons of stick for apparently (a ludicrous claim in most cases) thinking they knew better than the experts

so someone who thinks there’s a micro-chip in the vaccine presumably we can file as a foil-hatter but the others who had doubts about the vaccine and chose not to take it - that was ok then ? Obviously they had to live (or die) with the consequences like not getting into tynecastle / possibly losing their job etc

Edited by MoncurMacdonaldMercer

That thing you do
On 08/01/2024 at 02:46, escobri said:

I've yet to meet anyone who regrets not getting the jabs(maybe because they are dead though 🤣). Sometimes, being a so-called conspirator has its benefits.

I have. It cosr her a job with a local authority when she refused but shes very happy she did.

Just now, That thing you do said:

I have. It cosr her a job with a local authority when she refused but shes very happy she did.

When you think about she's extremely lucky not to have been killed to bits.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

When you think about she's extremely lucky not to have been killed to bits.

:spoton:

1 hour ago, escobri said:

There is no doubt a lot of profiteering is going on, it always does. A lot of medical professionals were heavily censored the last few years so the contrainians amongst us had limited sources.

I remember the NZ prime minister saying she was the single source of truth, no other words but ffs, who buys that shit.

Here's a picture of a horse to admire.

20240109_094557.jpg

Here's what Ardern actually said, and just as importantly the context in which she said it, when the pandemic was just beginning, and people were very unnerved.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/jacinda-ardern-truth/

If you're going to get stressed and outraged about something, could you at least make the effort to be outraged about what happened rather than the version you think happened?  Life's full enough of bad shit to be upsetting yourself over something that's somewhere between exaggerated and fabricated.

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

in an earlier post you listed a few negative things people were doing including not taking vaccines

was it wrong to have doubts or questions about that or was that fine as per your latest post

seems the foil-hatter definition has been clarified as people who thought it was all about population control although those who disagreed for a number reasons - doubts about vaccine long-term safety / preferring not-the-science experts views got tons of stick for apparently (a ludicrous claim in most cases) thinking they knew better than the experts

so someone who thinks there’s a micro-chip in the vaccine presumably we can file as a foil-hatter but the others who had doubts about the vaccine and chose not to take it - that was ok then ? Obviously they had to live (or die) with the consequences like not getting into tynecastle / possibly losing their job etc

I think it is perfectly fine to question, have doubts and be suspicious of authorities.  As far as I can tell from my admittedly non expert perspective the vaccine programme was a game changer in getting the virus under control.  It would have been unlikely to have had the same impact if more people had exercised their right not take a vaccine.   

While I am sure others will know better than me whether this is true or not, I suspect an awful lot more jobs would have been lost and we would have been prevented from getting into Tynecastle for even longer if the virus hadn't been brought under control and restrictions continued beyond the period they did.  

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

Here's what Ardern actually said, and just as importantly the context in which she said it, when the pandemic was just beginning, and people were very unnerved.

If you're going to get stressed and outraged about something, could you at least make the effort to be outraged about what happened rather than the version you think happened?  Life's full enough of bad shit to be upsetting yourself over something that's somewhere between exaggerated and fabricated.

Trust me, I'm not stressed or worried about anything. Life as a trueblood is sweet, just finished a wee meditation session as it happens. That fact check just confirmed she did say it , which was my point. 

Did you read it?

44 minutes ago, escobri said:

Trust me, I'm not stressed or worried about anything. Life as a trueblood is sweet, just finished a wee meditation session as it happens. That fact check just confirmed she did say it , which was my point. 

Did you read it?

She didn't, and lying about it doesn't alter that. 

You said "I remember the NZ prime minister saying she was the single source of truth".  But you can search what she actually said on 19 March 2020 and you won't find those words. 

Why do you need to make stuff up to get angry about?

I  do admire her capacity to trigger people even after leaving office, though. :whistling:

Bad Jacinda Ardern has gone away, and there's nobody stopping us from going out and doing what we wanna do.  Some of us have gotten over it and moved on.  The sooner the poor saddos who are stuck on repeat do the same the better for them.

1 hour ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

I think it is perfectly fine to question, have doubts and be suspicious of authorities.  As far as I can tell from my admittedly non expert perspective the vaccine programme was a game changer in getting the virus under control.  It would have been unlikely to have had the same impact if more people had exercised their right not take a vaccine.   

While I am sure others will know better than me whether this is true or not, I suspect an awful lot more jobs would have been lost and we would have been prevented from getting into Tynecastle for even longer if the virus hadn't been brought under control and restrictions continued beyond the period they did.  

Out of interest, what's the age cut off for booster shots in Scotland?  It was 50 here for the autumn booster shots, but it seems to be 65 in NI.

Footballfirst
12 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Out of interest, what's the age cut off for booster shots in Scotland?  It was 50 here for the autumn booster shots, but it seems to be 65 in NI.

Groups eligible for flu and coronavirus vaccination are:

• residents and staff in care homes for older adults
  • people aged 65 and over
  • people aged 6 months and over with a condition that places them at higher risk
  • pregnant women
  • frontline healthcare workers (including independent contractors and support staff who are patient facing in GP, dental, optometry and community pharmacy)
  • frontline social care workers
  • carers (including unpaid and young carers aged 16 and over)
  • people aged 12 or over who live with someone with a weakened immune system

13 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Same here as in NI. Over 65s and those with qualifying health conditions.

24 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

You said "I remember the NZ prime minister saying she was the single source of truth".  But you can search what she actually said on 19 March 2020 and you won't find those words. 

I  do admire her capacity to trigger people even after leaving office, though. :whistling:

Bad Jacinda Ardern has gone away, and there's nobody stopping us from going out and doing what we wanna do.  Some of us have gotten over it and moved on.  The sooner the poor saddos who are stuck on repeat do the same the better for them.

He's an admitted contrarian with limited sources, you're wasting your time.

1 hour ago, Ulysses said:

I apologise , just should have wrote we instead of I.

1 hour ago, Ray Gin said:

He's an admitted contrarian with limited sources, you're wasting your time.

And you just like I'm accused of, make stuff up. My "limited sources"(do you have my Internet history and library membership details?)have served my very well, helping me make certain decisions  over the last few years, I've still to even have a runny nose, how's your health been? Hopefully your in good health 

Jeffros Furios
3 minutes ago, escobri said:

And you just like I'm accused of, make stuff up. My "limited sources"(do you have my Internet history and library membership details?)have served my very well, helping me make certain decisions  over the last few years, I've still to even have a runny nose, how's your health been? Hopefully your in good health 

There's also plenty of  truthers on YouTube to watch .. 

1 minute ago, Jeffros Furios said:

There's also plenty of  truthers on YouTube to watch .. 

Can you recommend any 🤣

Jeffros Furios
1 minute ago, escobri said:

Can you recommend any 🤣

Jewish sea serpents and Jewish covid . 

Just now, Jeffros Furios said:

Jewish sea serpents and Jewish covid . 

I'm too busy on the Jewish CDC at the moment, too much Jewishness can't be good for you so I'll pass thanks. 🤣👍

35 minutes ago, escobri said:

And the rest?  Don't worry, I won't wait around.  Just as long as anyone looking in sees that you made this up.

You really need to put this Covid-19 stuff behind you.  

you're wasting your time.

Oh no I'm not.  ;) 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Groups eligible for flu and coronavirus vaccination are:

• residents and staff in care homes for older adults
  • people aged 65 and over
  • people aged 6 months and over with a condition that places them at higher risk
  • pregnant women
  • frontline healthcare workers (including independent contractors and support staff who are patient facing in GP, dental, optometry and community pharmacy)
  • frontline social care workers
  • carers (including unpaid and young carers aged 16 and over)
  • people aged 12 or over who live with someone with a weakened immune system

Same here as in NI. Over 65s and those with qualifying health conditions.

Thanks.  Ours are similar, but with one or two noteworthy differences.  The general cut-off age is 50, and the minimum age for kids with a condition that places them at higher risk seems to be 5 years rather than six months.  However, kids between 6 months and 5 years might be covered by the spring programme, and over 70s are offered shots twice a year.

So they're not wildly different, but there are different approaches in relation to people in the 50-65 age bracket, with the Irish health service being a bit more cautious.  I wonder will they change that in 2024 or future years?

5 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Veracity isn't in the "crit thinker" brigade's thesaurus. 

54 minutes ago, escobri said:

Holy feck, that's your go-to guy? He started off almost reasonable and as the views piled up he became more and more out there. 

He misconstrues evidence and it's happened enough times that it cannot just be that he is a simpleton who is unable to properly interpret statistics.

Still, to the sheep who mindlessly follow the algorithms, he's probably got a good grift going serving you up exactly what you want. Truth be damned. 

15 hours ago, Ulysses said:

But in fairness, you're not presenting me with something new here.  You didn't go to the comments section.  You got another professional test done.  I've done the same.  That's not tinfoil hat-wearing.

Tinfoil hat-wearing is when you persuade yourself that you can't trust the experts, so you'll trust someone instead who has no knowledge at all.  If you got a lump or a dodgy mole on your skin who would you consult?  Your GP and a dermatologist?  Or me, @Ked and @i wish jj was my dad?  You know the answer to that as well as I do.

By the way, here's the nearest you'll get to a conspiracy theory from me.  I'd bet a few quid that most of the ****ers pumping out their YouTube quackery are all quietly doing the same thing you did and I did, and not a tinfoil hat in sight while they're doing it.  It ain't about the conspiracy, or the politics.  It's about the clicks, the views and the earnings.  Follow the money.

Happy to be consulted.

What's up mate?

23 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

And the rest?  Don't worry, I won't wait around.  Just as long as anyone looking in sees that you made this up.

You really need to put this Covid-19 stuff behind you.  

She was the prime minister at that time and I hold her in the same regard as our last first minister, who said the decisions made are hers, and that's why I wrote I instead of we/us. As for your last point are you serious? Aye OK, just put those halcyon days of lockdowns and trying to experiment on the nation behind us.🤣

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
20 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Holy feck, that's your go-to guy? He started off almost reasonable and as the views piled up he became more and more out there. 

He misconstrues evidence and it's happened enough times that it cannot just be that he is a simpleton who is unable to properly interpret statistics.

Still, to the sheep who mindlessly follow the algorithms, he's probably got a good grift going serving you up exactly what you want. Truth be damned. 

if I remember correctly one of your go to sites was a leopard ate my face to laugh at unvaccinated people who had died 

“classy”

26 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Certainly not my "go-to guy". Is that quote OK? I actually don't watch him mutch but that video served a purpose for my response to Uly, but thanks for your input.

So anyway, I remember when New Zealand horse lady said "we will continue to be your single source of truth". Ffs who buys that shit.

20240109_180925.jpg

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

“we will continue to be your single source of truth” (assuming I’ve heard/copied exactly right)

even if allowing for the fact that “we” may refer to her and her single-source of truth resources presumably that footage has been dubbed-over by a foil-hatter and she never said it all 🤷🏻‍♂️

the line instructing to “dismiss” anything else also presumably due to intervention from a foil-hatter

agricultural intervention by a grifter-indoctrinated foil-hatter or a more modern ai foil-hatter one of the few questions left unanswered on this one

i think someone posted earlier about people trying to re-write history - they weren’t wrong on that point

👏😃

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
3 minutes ago, escobri said:

So anyway, I remember when New Zealand horse lady said "we will continue to be your single source of truth". Ffs who buys that shit.

20240109_180925.jpg

that donkey could do with a scale and polish - presumably had its appointment cancelled due to all the vets being at dance practice during a period when resources were otherwise completely overwhelmed

:(

34 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

if I remember correctly one of your go to sites was a leopard ate my face to laugh at unvaccinated people who had died 

“classy”

Yeah, that's a total misunderstanding of what that site was about. Check for yourself: https://www.reddit.com/r/LeopardsAteMyFace/

That said, it was the personal choice of many right-wing conservative obese radio jocks during the pandemic to discard sensible health advice in favour of wacky cures like horse dewormer or drinking bleach as espoused by Trump and Karen on Facebook, and if they died - and many did, that was their choice, even if they did it to "stick it up the libs". 

Broadcasting their ignorance and making others follow their "advice", however...

33 minutes ago, escobri said:

Certainly not my "go-to guy". Is that quote OK? I actually don't watch him mutch but that video served a purpose for my response to Uly, but thanks for your input.

Clearly, this is one of the less out-there videos from the cesspit of ignorance you wade through. It doesn't take more than one video to spot another ignorant sheep who was sucked into the depths by the algorithm and lacked the awareness to climb back out. I mean your video served no other purpose than to show how gullible you are - since this nurse advisor has been debunked so many times he can't find his bed. 

Feel free to disabuse me of this sentiment but I frankly doubt you are capable of it. 

Edited by Gizmo

14 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Clearly, this is one of the less out-there videos from the cesspit of ignorance you wade through. It doesn't take more than one video to spot another ignorant sheep who was sucked into the depths by the algorithm and lacked the awareness to climb back out. I mean your video served no other purpose than to show how gullible you are - since this nurse advisor has been debunked so many times he can't find his bed. 

Feel free to disabuse me of this sentiment but I frankly doubt you are capable of it. 

Another one with my Internet history 🤣 as for the rest of that diatribe 🙈 

2 hours ago, escobri said:

Ah so you now accept that context is important when quoting things that others have said?

My health is grand. Half my work colleagues have been off ill in the last few months but I'm still going strong. Flu vaccine ftw. 

She was the prime minister at that time and I hold her in the same regard as our last first minister, who said the decisions made are hers, and that's why I wrote I instead of we/us. As for your last point are you serious? Aye OK, just put those halcyon days of lockdowns and trying to experiment on the nation behind us.🤣

Christ, getting triggered by a couple of women?  One temporarily in charge of a small country on the other side of the planet, and the other temporarily in charge of a regional assembly?  :rofl:

And as for the last sentence, just don't, and maybe give yourself  a sporting chance.  There are possibly people on JKB who haven't read your stuff yet, and you should try harder not to leave them with the impression that your head is covered in Bacofoil. :laugh:

There's a reuters article on the excess deaths .

Easy to find.

Doesn't blame the jags.

Points to other factors but its still 44%.

On a wider note about trustworthiness. 

Don't question medical science is that really logical given the examples ?

1 minute ago, Ulysses said:

It's like Poundshop Piers Morgan on here sometimes.  :rofl:

It's not .

And if anyone's triggered its you.

I already admitted I got a lot wrong on this thread .

However to look at decades worth of poor results from obvious greed in the medical/pharmaceutical world and simply trust them and along with Gizmo go full on .

Bit ignorant from two good posters.

John Findlay

To paraphrase a well known line from a well known film "what has medical science ever done for us"?

11 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Christ, getting triggered by a couple of women?  One temporarily in charge of a small country on the other side of the planet, and the other temporarily in charge of a regional assembly?  :rofl:

And as for the last sentence, just don't, and maybe give yourself  a sporting chance.  There are possibly people on JKB who haven't read your stuff yet, and you should try harder not to leave them with the impression that your head is covered in Bacofoil. :laugh:

There is a reason this thread exists, and those 2 women are partly responsible for it, lockdowns killed and are still responsible for many recent deaths and who knows for how much longer. That's why those 2 women are hated by a large section of society, even some who post on here I imagine.

I have said nothing contentious today so won't worry about what ever it is you are trying to warn me about. 

I'm not triggered just like I wasn't angry, stressed or outraged which you seem to think am/was.

Keep piling on though.

Namaste.

42 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

To paraphrase a well known line from a well known film "what has medical science ever done for us"?

I’m still waiting on my money for selling the kids for “medical experiments” These Pharmas are so slow sending  the cheques these days. 

Edited by Don Dan
Correction

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Yeah, that's a total misunderstanding of what that site was about. Check for yourself: https://www.reddit.com/r/LeopardsAteMyFace/

That said, it was the personal choice of many right-wing conservative obese radio jocks during the pandemic to discard sensible health advice in favour of wacky cures like horse dewormer or drinking bleach as espoused by Trump and Karen on Facebook, and if they died - and many did, that was their choice, even if they did it to "stick it up the libs". 

Broadcasting their ignorance and making others follow their "advice", however...

yeah that’s how you tried to justify it at the time when you were called out on it

another poster was laughing at a newspaper article of an unvaccinated man dying to which you replied ‘a leopard ate my face is where it’s at’ or words very close to that

it was quite specific whatever the broader content is of the site

Medicine and our health is no doubt much much better.

Well for the top 20 % of the world populace.

And of that 20% the top 3% after that the top 7-10% which includes us.

And yet Glasgow has or had a poorer life expectancy than places if war.

Every decade has seen for the past 80 years abomination from the medical establushments /pharma.

From 30s Germany and the medical profession embrace of Nazi doctrine

Soviet union

USA.

All promoted violence and the latter facilitated greed for medicines which were harmful.

I post (and my op invited comment) about excess death and I fekt up as I do a lot.

But still the onslaught to dusmiss any questioning is funny .

Especially the notion that to not trust is you tube shite.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Ked said:

It's not .

And if anyone's triggered its you.

looks like it ked

“Stressed”

”upset”

”angry”

”triggered”

and the key word missing is …….

Spoiler

“projection”

:qqb001:

seems the internet way tbf rather than specific to the poster - debate a point - paint yourself into a corner -  …………….

6 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

yeah that’s how you tried to justify it at the time when you were called out on it

another poster was laughing at a newspaper article of an unvaccinated man dying to which you replied ‘a leopard ate my face is where it’s at’ or words very close to that

it was quite specific whatever the broader content is of the site

Most amusing, I'm not sure when I got so under your skin that you have gone to the bother of dredging up and misconstruing an old post. 

But let's make this crystal clear. If someone decides to ignore science and medical advice for political or grifting gain, or even truly holds these silly ideas and dies as a result, that is a personal tragedy for the person concerned.

However, the minute they share misinformation and spread the potential for harm to their listener/viewer base, then it is not entirely unreasonable to consider that taking themselves out of the equation by their actions may have saved others from a similar fate. 

Once you've stopped clutching your pearls you might even spot the macabre irony in that. 

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, Ked said:

There's a reuters article on the excess deaths .

Easy to find.

Doesn't blame the jags.

Points to other factors but its still 44%.

On a wider note about trustworthiness. 

Don't question medical science is that really logical given the examples ?

I might have missed it but I don't think anybody has said anything remotely like that?

Lads, just save this and post it in future - it'll save y'all having to make stuff up.

tenor.gif?itemid=17202582

:laugh:

Anyway, away from the YouTube algorithms and back in the real world some of us have to inhabit...

...to address the serious point made by the OP, but in respect of the place where I live. 

There's research to show that excess deaths in Ireland increased by 7% over the baseline in 2022.  Statistically, that's not outlandish, but at the same time it can't be dismissed as nothing.

In the first half of 2023, however, the number of deaths in Ireland was a little over 5% less than the first half of 2022.  That could point to a once-off change or even a statistical anomaly.  The trouble is that we won't know until the 3rd and 4th quarter stats are available.  The 3rd quarter comes out at the end of February, and the 4th quarter won't be available until the end of May.

They'll be interesting one way or the other (depending on what we mean by interesting).