Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

Mikey1874
30 minutes ago, Rods said:

It is looking like the Gordon’s are wanting out and the BK have been the only option.

The BK must have said we will take 25% at this point to see how it goes (people on the board)

The concern for Hibs fans should be if the BK group get wind that Hibs don’t actually get group stage football every year and there academy is not all that. This aligned with trouble for Bournemouth could see things go south.

Wantsway Gordon’s and a peed of BK group. 

Looks like a Rangers circa 2012 situation betting on sporting success rather than sustainability. 

People come to Scotland thinking they can do something. Then they discover Rangers and Celtic control everything.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

People come to Scotland thinking they can do something. Then they discover Rangers and Celtic control everything.

Yeh agreed and you would imagine they have looked at it and went Hibs history is not exactly littered with these 3rd place European runs so having a wee nothing to lose test trial. 

They can also get players fit/dodge stricter rules to bring in South American players who might not or might be a success. 

It’s all on Bournemouth is my bet I would be fuming if my clubs history/ success depended on a third rate English team currently punching well above their level. 

Marcondes is out of contract at the end of the season but is currently on EPL wages. Bournemouth will decide if they want to offer him a new contract or not but for him to to reduce his wages demands to Hibs level would seem unlikely. 

Some Championship side might want a "World Class" (copyright Will *ish) player though....

Bongo 1874
23 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Ffs chick charnley played great for them for a few games. We were shite against them and they still couldnt beat us. If they players have any ambition they wont be staying with them tramps.

Agree,if Hibs are considering keeping those two, i can't see that emiliano wanting anyone less than 10k/15k a week.

Even the other guy.

PaddysBar
1 hour ago, JTJ said:

Marcondes is out of contract at the end of the season but is currently on EPL wages. Bournemouth will decide if they want to offer him a new contract or not but for him to to reduce his wages demands to Hibs level would seem unlikely. 

Some Championship side might want a "World Class" (copyright Will *ish) player though....

Exactly. Being out of contract makes it unlikely he’ll sign for Hibs on a hibs contract. £20-30k down to £6-8k. 

Aye right. 

Hopefully he does sign and on 20k a week he is not a superstar. 

The more stupid big money signing they make the closer to their off field problems 

More Karma for them

luckyBatistuta
Just now, sac said:

FTH! Disgusting from top to bottom. Hope they die

Beautiful words🤝

Boris5115
1 minute ago, Rods said:

Hopefully he does sign and on 20k a week he is not a superstar. 

The more stupid big money signing they make the closer to their off field problems 

More Karma for them

Is he playing tonight. Can't say I get the euphoria surrounding him tbf. 

• 4 weeks later...
Der Kaiser

I do enjoy Spicers stuff.

Doesn't say anything we don't already know but happy to post this for any wee team fans looking in......

CaptainShanks
8 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

Doesn't say anything we don't already know but happy to post this for any wee team fans looking in......

It's sad EPL fans must feel so disconnected from their clubs. 

Proud we are fan owned and played a part in saving our club and that our support is vital to the future and success of the club.

The EPL could be played infront of empty stadiums and still be a viable product. The local fans are an inconvenience. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
19 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

What's that about one of Mike Ashley's companies murdering 324 employees? There's nothing in the news about it.

Der Kaiser
34 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

What's that about one of Mike Ashley's companies murdering 324 employees? There's nothing in the news about it.

They just did howay with folk that didnt support his regime

(Sorry)

Mikey1874
53 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Bangladesh factory fires possibly. Where a lot of Sports Direct etc get their products. 

20 hours ago, Der Kaiser said:

I think the German model of fan ownership (50+1) rules should be brought in across Europe and football "groups" should be banned. It rips the community aspect out of the idea of what a football club is all about. 

Countries owning clubs, then buying more clubs under dual ownership is ruining football. If Man City drew Girona in the Champions League, would that not present a pretty big issue? City are the jewel in the crown for the City group, so an upset wouldn't be good for their organisation, no?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
36 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

They just did howay with folk that didnt support his regime

(Sorry)

:lol:

16 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bangladesh factory fires possibly. Where a lot of Sports Direct etc get their products. 

I wondered about the sweat shops, but murder? I'd have thought there would be more on the Internet about it. There is nothing.

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Don't think he is saying Ashley did that. He is making the point of The Saudi owners of Newcastle executing those who criticise the regime and if a billionaire individual owner had done the same kind of thing how different these are seen or reported on.

buzzbomb1958
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I think the German model of fan ownership (50+1) rules should be brought in across Europe and football "groups" should be banned. It rips the community aspect out of the idea of what a football club is all about. 

Countries owning clubs, then buying more clubs under dual ownership is ruining football. If Man City drew Girona in the Champions League, would that not present a pretty big issue? City are the jewel in the crown for the City group, so an upset wouldn't be good for their organisation, no?

If both clubs qualify then I’m sure one of these clubs have to drop into another tournament, I may be wrong 

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

If both clubs qualify then I’m sure one of these clubs have to drop into another tournament, I may be wrong 

Cool, so Girona fans then lose out? Hardly a fair model is it? Likewise, what if Hibs & Bournemouth manage to qualify for Europe? :D 

Its a mess of a system that NEVER should have been allowed. Multiclub when its continental (e.g. Aussie or US clubs) but when its multiple clubs in the same federation, thats a serious problem. 

But hey, I'm sure the FIFA/UEFA board are enjoying their new swimming pools. 

milky_26
Just now, OTT said:

Cool, so Girona fans then lose out? Hardly a fair model is it? Likewise, what if Hibs & Bournemouth manage to qualify for Europe? :D 

Its a mess of a system that NEVER should have been allowed. Multiclub when its continental (e.g. Aussie or US clubs) but when its multiple clubs in the same federation, thats a serious problem. 

there was the chance earlier in the season when girona were doing well that if both girona and man city won their leagues that girona would be in the CL and man city not due to the spanish league being ranked above the english league

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

there was the chance earlier in the season when girona were doing well that if both girona and man city won their leagues that girona would be in the CL and man city not due to the spanish league being ranked above the english league

Ohh so it would be based on ranking? I had expected that the CIty group would force Girona to fall on their sword. Cheers for that :) 

Its still not much better, the problem shouldn't exist to begin with!!

Der Kaiser
24 minutes ago, Rods said:

Seemingly Foley is going to be at the game today 

"Where am I sitting?"

"Anywhere....pick a stand Bill"

"What about my bag?"

"Dont worry...there will be a seat free beside you"

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Don't think he is saying Ashley did that. He is making the point of The Saudi owners of Newcastle executing those who criticise the regime and if a billionaire individual owner had done the same kind of thing how different these are seen or reported on.

Yes, I realise that, but he is saying that a company Ashley now owns has murdered 324 of its own employees, and there is nothing reported about it, anywhere.

buzzbomb1958
45 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yep I agree it’s a shambles, it’s clubs trying to get round FFP rules which for me is tantamount to cheating on your taxes , anyone with money in any football club should not be allowed a conflict of interest end of

AllyjamboDerbyshire
27 minutes ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

Yes, I realise that, but he is saying that a company Ashley now owns has murdered 324 of its own employees, and there is nothing reported about it, anywhere.

It was satire. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Just now, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

It was satire. 

OK. Pretty shite satire, then.

So did this Foley character bother his arse to turn up yesterday ? Or did he pull a Franck Sauzee and sack them off with a shite excuse like a sick hamster

alicante jambo
4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

So did this Foley character bother his arse to turn up yesterday ? Or did he pull a Franck Sauzee and sack them off with a shite excuse like a sick hamster

He wasnt there he ended up at the luton v bournemouth game

skacel103
7 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Both teams lost 🤣

6 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Thoughts are with his hamster :( 

Mikey1874
25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Foley was at Luton v Bournemouth yesterday. 

Maybe they've got the cardboard cut-out at Easter Road. 

alicante jambo
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Foley was at Luton v Bournemouth yesterday. 

Maybe they've got the cardboard cut-out at Easter Road. 

Tell you what mate he could have.picked anywhere at easter road if he fancied. Maybe just stayed away with the other hoardes who couldnt be bothered.

22games nro
18 minutes ago, skacel103 said:

Both teams lost 🤣

And his other team fc lorient sit 3rd bottom of the French league 😎😎

milky_26
3 hours ago, 22games nro said:

And his other team fc lorient sit 3rd bottom of the French league 😎😎

they are also 1-0 down just now

Egyptians must see this Pyramid and give it the old facepalm.

mainstandjambo
58 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

they are also 1-0 down just now

They lost 2-0 to complete a trio of defeats this weekend for the Foley empire.

Cameronstheman
5 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Tell you what mate he could have.picked anywhere at easter road if he fancied. Maybe just stayed away with the other hoardes who couldnt be bothered.

Noticed hibs opened the Dumbar end for there own support yesterday. Such was the demand, must have been 40 in it, who could have been easily accommodated anywhere else in the ground

Maybe its there new ticket exchange having teething problems 

16 hours ago, mainstandjambo said:

Be interesting to see how Foley deals with one of his stable going down & how much hey invests to get them back up, or dumps them?

RustyRightPeg
30 minutes ago, sac said:

Be interesting to see how Foley deals with one of his stable going down & how much hey invests to get them back up, or dumps them?

Lorient fans hate him. I'm fairly certain they sent a tonne of rotten fish to the training ground in protest earlier this season.

39 minutes ago, sac said:

If it was Bournemouth he would do his best to get them back up I reckon . The others honestly do not think he would give a flying one 

hughesie27
17 hours ago, mainstandjambo said:

Their remaining fixtures are against mostly top half teams as well, including PSG, Nice, Marseille

Will be a close run in.

28 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Lorient fans hate him. I'm fairly certain they sent a tonne of rotten fish to the training ground in protest earlier this season.

Hibs fans could do the same with burnt spoons

theshed
40 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Good to hear 😁

There is a well know hibs man from down East Lothian way that could supply loads of fish if it goes tits up 

Nelly Terraces
41 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

400KG to be exact. Wasn’t directly aimed at Foley but obviously he underpins everything at that club & the way it’s failing.

If the vermin support resort to such a protest it’ll be interesting to see what’s the stronger stench, rotten fish or the whiff of bullshit down the cow barn.:D

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/25138746/fc-lorient-training-rotten-fish-ultras/