Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

soonbe110
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

you think we are spending an EXTRA £5m on non playing staff? £100k per week.

i did say not all of the difference will be on playing staff, but no it’s no meaningless.  I’d be surprised if staff not related to the first team or management was much more than £1.5 to £2m in total.  

No I didn’t.  I have no idea what we are spending on playing staff. Neither do you I suspect. All I said was that the numbers in the clubs annual accounts don’t give enough detail on this subject to be useful for comparison purposes. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

And tomorrow…

IMG_7160.gif

😄

Here's hoping, bud.

Mikey1874
27 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Never said it wouldn’t, I expect the hotel will allow us to do just that.  And we already spend materially more than hibs. 

As above, if their turnover is to be £15m and the get to a 65% wage to T/o ratio, and be self sustaining .  They won’t be spending materially more than they do today.  Their claims not mine.

We're heading towards £20 million turnover assuming European group football next 2 seasons. 

22 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Should be singing You’re not Hibees anymore loud and clear tonight that will piss them right off

hope Jambos were singing that in 1893 at the first game we played them after they had been out of existence for 2 years. 

luckyBatistuta
8 hours ago, Sooks said:

Edited by luckyBatistuta

• 2 weeks later...
Mikey1874

As I said on the other thread, I was surprised to see Foley join the Hibs board as it was said by someone earlier that no one in the partnership would be on more than one board.

But that must have been shite. And the SFA must have approved that. 

So the new board members from the Blue Knights are

Bill Foley - Bournemouth board (Chairman)

Ryan Caswell - Lorient board (as reported by the EEN and confirmed by Hibs)

Foley and Caswell are listed as Directors along with Kit and Ian Gordon. So seem to be very influential if not 'controlling' yet.

("Lifelong supporter" Leslie Robb also joins the board as one of 5 non-executive directors).

So who said that about only one board?

The .net thread says it was Ben Kensall. Can't find the original quote but it's covered here

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?365928-Foley-and-Caswell-Join-Board

Full list of Directors 

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/club/directors/

pettigrewsstylist

Just the next step. Probably has agreement Gordons stay around till season end then sell their shareholding to some Foley shell company, thrice removed.

Robb getting his wee reward for not voting against.

Blatant lol.

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Jambo in Bathgate
17 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Just the next step. Probably has agreement Gordons stay around till season end then sell their shareholding to some Foley shell company, thrice removed.

Blatant lol.

I would think the Gordon family wants out after the death of Ron. Foley was probably the only option. You could be right about shell company. Foley has his feet under table now and will be calling the shots. Let’s hope it’s crash and burn. 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

As I said on the other thread, I was surprised to see Foley join the Hibs board as it was said by someone earlier that no one in the partnership would be on more than one board.

But that must have been shite. And the SFA must have approved that. 

So the new board members from the Blue Knights are

Bill Foley - Bournemouth board (Chairman)

Ryan Caswell - Lorient board (as reported by the EEN and confirmed by Hibs)

Foley and Caswell are listed as Directors along with Kit and Ian Gordon. So seem to be very influential if not 'controlling' yet.

("Lifelong supporter" Leslie Robb also joins the board as one of 5 non-executive directors).

So who said that about only one board?

The .net thread says it was Ben Kensall. Can't find the original quote but it's covered here

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?365928-Foley-and-Caswell-Join-Board

Full list of Directors 

https://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/club/directors/

This is the important word here I suspect

1 hour ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Blatant lol.

43 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I would think the Gordon family wants out after the death of Ron. Foley was probably the only option. You could be right about shell company. Foley has his feet under table now and will be calling the shots. Let’s hope it’s crash and burn. 

This is what I reckon too . Foley will own the lot soon enough . Then we get to see how it all unfolds if Hibs have a couple of really bad seasons on the bounce . They have really high expectations of this deal just now . Those high expectations would make failure even more bitter a pill to swallow .  Then the reality of where they find themselves will be stark , and they will have little more than protests and boycotts as their means of trying to force change . It remains to be seen if Foley would then grant them a Hibexit referendum , and if he did how much it would cost them to buy his shares ……….. I expect he would not settle for any less than he has spent on acquiring the club and what he puts in between now and then . Maybe he would consider selling the football club to them for less than he has spent in total , but keeping a hold of some of their assets like the training ground or stadium and collecting rent from them ? Who knows , there are a lot of ifs and maybes

Mikey1874
13 minutes ago, Sooks said:

This is what I reckon too . Foley will own the lot soon enough . Then we get to see how it all unfolds if Hibs have a couple of really bad seasons on the bounce . They have really high expectations of this deal just now . Those high expectations would make failure even more bitter a pill to swallow .  Then the reality of where they find themselves will be stark , and they will have little more than protests and boycotts as their means of trying to force change . It remains to be seen if Foley would then grant them a Hibexit referendum , and if he did how much it would cost them to buy his shares ……….. I expect he would not settle for any less than he has spent on acquiring the club and what he puts in between now and then . Maybe he would consider selling the football club to them for less than he has spent in total , but keeping a hold of some of their assets like the training ground or stadium and collecting rent from them ? Who knows , there are a lot of ifs and maybes

Probably Foley full control with Gordons back seat.

This is probably the way ahead in multi club operations. Foley isn't allowed to buy Hibs. But interesting whether anyone like SFA care whether he is in control.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Probably Foley full control with Gordons back seat.

This is probably the way ahead in multi club operations. Foley isn't allowed to buy Hibs. But interesting whether anyone like SFA care whether he is in control.

There will be ways around that . Would owning their two biggest property assets be against the SFA rules for example ? If he was able to own the stadium and training centre and exercise control from the boardroom then he would be defacto owner anyway 

pettigrewsstylist
25 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Absentee owners, if thats what he becomes, rarely end well.

If the Gordon shares with att floating charges come under his "control" at any point then the cats out the bag.

brawlad74

Would be nice if Bournemouth got relegated from EPL. Foley would defo be looking to realise Hubs assets then. Fire sale next season hopefully. 

Drylaw Hearts

Nobody on here or Hibs.net has any idea how this is going to pan out and nobody knows how much Foley will invest each season.

The standard of football in Scotland isn’t great and it wouldn’t take all that much investment to get Hibs challenging for 3rd regularly.

I’m not overly concerned but I can’t laugh it out of town either.

The fact that Hibs supporters don’t have much say in their future also makes no difference…..they are in the same boat as the vast majority of football supporters.

What we need to concentrate on is the annual investment we receive and ensuring it’s spent wisely…..Foley and his group will have contacts in the game that will a bit higher up the ladder than anything we’ve got at our disposal.

Hibs are going be signing at least 10 players this next transfer window and we need to ensure we sign better.

Edited by Drylaw Hearts

He has been a little more placatory recently , but his first statement about his ambitions for his clubs is the telling one . Basically it is all about his Premier League club . Everything is done with their success as virtually the only priority . If the other clubs do relatively well then fine , but it is pretty inconsequential . The actual football club as in the staff and strips and SFA license are not worth particularly much in the grand scheme of things , but the land and the properties , especially the training ground and stadium are valuable . I do not think he would give a flying one if it was Hibs using those facilities or anyone else . I wonder if the SFA rules extend to the stadium and HTC ownership , or just the football team / club

pettigrewsstylist
14 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

Nobody on here or Hibs.net has any idea how this is going to pan out and nobody knows how much Foley will invest each season.

The standard of football in Scotland isn’t great and it wouldn’t take all that much investment to get Hibs challenging for 3rd regularly.

The fact that Hibs supporters don’t have much say in their future also makes no difference…..they are in the same boat as the vast majority of football supporters.

What we need to concentrate on is the annual investment we receive and ensuring it’s spent wisely…..Foley and his group will have contacts in the game that will a bit higher up the ladder than anything we’ve got at our disposal.

Hibs are going be signing at least 10 players this next transfer window and we need to ensure we sign better.

There is no money to be made from Scotland. Thats the telling point for someone with zero connection to the club.

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

He has been a little more placatory recently , but his first statement about his ambitions for his clubs is the telling one . Basically it is all about his Premier League club . Everything is done with their success as virtually the only priority . If the other clubs do relatively well then fine , but it is pretty inconsequential . The actual football club as in the staff and strips and SFA license are not worth particularly much in the grand scheme of things , but the land and the properties , especially the training ground and stadium are valuable . I do not think he would give a flying one if it was Hibs using those facilities or anyone else . I wonder if the SFA rules extend to the stadium and HTC ownership , or just the football team / club

IIRC the Westminster government bottled out of  proposals to block the separation of footbll stadia from club registration about 10 years ago (proposed by the football trusts movement. Not sure whether that applies in Scotland but I think it does.

I was involved directly and tangentially in the Kingstonian and Wimbledon ground sales sagas (including a somewhat bizarre meeting with Charles Koppel - the Wimmbledon Chairman, and Robbie Earlle when Wimbledon  were looking at properties for new stadia/  rental after the sale of Plough Lane when they were renting at Crystal palace The critical thing is to keep the stadia in the same ownershiop as the football registration. Once that is split then it is much easier to hive off the real valuable asset (the land) from the sentimental asset (the club). That's what Hibs fans should worry about

5 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

IIRC the Westminster government bottled out of  proposals to block the separation of footbll stadia from club registration about 10 years ago (proposed by the football trusts movement. Not sure whether that applies in Scotland but I think it does.

I was involved directly and tangentially in the Kingstonian and Wimbledon ground sales sagas (including a somewhat bizarre meeting with Charles Koppel - the Wimmbledon Chairman, and Robbie Earlle when Wimbledon  were looking at properties for new stadia/  rental after the sale of Plough Lane when they were renting at Crystal palace The critical thing is to keep the stadia in the same ownershiop as the football registration. Once that is split then it is much easier to hive off the real valuable asset (the land) from the sentimental asset (the club). That's what Hibs fans should worry about

Really interesting and despite not knowing the ins and outs in the details that you do , I suspect this is the real danger down the line for them 

Drylaw Hearts
31 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

There is no money to be made from Scotland. Thats the telling point for someone with zero connection to the club.

The only way to make money is by making them a success in some capacity.

It could be through the clubs individual success….making them an option for a sale further down the line….

Or

They are used as a vehicle to send/sign players prior to making the step up to another club in the group or sell-on at a profit.

These things always look great on paper though.

I honestly wouldn’t fancy being the small cog in a a bigger operation where the ultimate goal is to benefit the big wheel…..in this case Bournemouth.

But if Hibs are part of this operation and getting 3rd along the way then let’s not pretend that isn’t a roaring success for them.

As I said earlier…..it really doesn’t take much to turn around the fortunes in Scottish Football.

We have are heads in front and we need to ensure we improve in just every area of the team this summer to stay ahead.

John Findlay
40 minutes ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I honestly wouldn’t fancy being the small cog in a a bigger operation where the ultimate goal is to benefit the big wheel…..in this case Bournemouth was

So long as they remain in the EPL.

33 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

This.  They are doing OK this season, but need to keep that going.  I think the EPL will be stronger next season with eh possibility that all 3 relegated clubs from last season could return.  I'd fancy them all to make a better fist of it than the current bottom 3, though Luton are at least giving themselves a chance, especially if Forest and Everton get points deductions.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

They will remain the priority even if they are relegated 

FarmerTweedy
8 hours ago, Drylaw Hearts said:

I'm not sure about that. Obviously, owning an EPL club, he'll have contacts at all the other EPL clubs, but so what? In the past few years, we've had players on loan from numerous EPL clubs, including Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool and Newcastle, as well as West Ham, Brentford, Everton (our current manager) and Brighton. And we've currently got someone on loan from Wolves.  We've clearly got no shortage of contacts at high level clubs, certainly in the biggest, richest league in the world! 

FarmerTweedy
7 hours ago, John Findlay said:

What does that matter?  Do you actually think if they got relegated to the English Championship, the focus would be on anything else other than getting them promoted back to the richest league in the world again? Do you really think instead they'd say feck that, let's concentrate on getting the vermin into the Europa Conference League?????

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

What does that matter?  Do you actually think if they got relegated to the English Championship, the focus would be on anything else other than getting them promoted back to the richest league in the world again? Do you really think instead they'd say feck that, let's concentrate on getting the vermin into the Europa Conference League?????

It matters a lot, especially moneywise.

The TV money being the biggest loss after relegation.

There are no guarantees of coming straight back up.

The likes of Middlesbrough, Stoke City, being testament to that. Both these clubs far larger than Bournemouth in both support size, and stadium size.

Dirty Deeds

The only certainty is that neither the Gordon's or Foley will take a haircut when they walk away from Hibs.

It's just a question of what they leave behind and when.

fabienleclerq

My take is the Gordon's are paving the way to leave. So Foley in one way or another will be in control of them, I doubt he'll want them to be shite so will send them decent players and they'll probably be competitive for third. It's not like it'd take much money to have hibs in that position. 

However he is 80 give or take a few months, what happens when he pegs it or loses interest? Bournemouth are obviously the priority,  with ffp etc how far can you take them or even how long can you keep them up?

I reckon it'll start well, go tits uo and they'll be looking for a new owner within 10 years. Their fans couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery so **** knows who'll be next up?

SMJ_1874
11 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Blatant lol.

Was probably always going to be the long term plan when they separated the HTC from ER and the playing staff. They can sell the club as a going concern but the buyer doesn’t get the HTC with it. The new buyers will have to lease it back for an increased fee as they look to recoup their investment with a healthy profit to boot.

He wasn’t called Ron the Con for nothing. Get ready for the popcorn when this happens lol 

Turkishcap

Hubz sevco, no matter what we think of them it's a very juicy tie.

Mouths v wonga.

south morocco

The guy @ longbangers is totally slagging hearts embarrassing 

FarmerTweedy

It matters a lot, especially moneywise.

The TV money being the biggest loss after relegation.

There are no guarantees of coming straight back up.

The likes of Middlesbrough, Stoke City, being testament to that. Both these clubs far larger than Bournemouth in both support size, and stadium size.

So you actually think if Bournemouth were relegated, Foley and Co would change focus and make the weeteam their priority? 

:notsure:

Cameronstheman

Sadly for me Bournemouth wont be relegated this season, but next maybe and i hope so 

53 minutes ago, south morocco said:

The guy @ longbangers is totally slagging hearts embarrassing 

Scruffy Matty ? He is a fat delusional cretin :D 

hearts 4 the cup

Genuinely don’t feel threatened financially by this whole situation with the black knights investment 

We’re in a sound place both on and off the park at the moment. They may get a sizeable budget in the summer to try and get 3rd next season but personally think they’re a good few million behind us player wise and a bit more to surpass us. 

Think we’re the club on the verge of retaining the best of the rest tag longer term, hopefully get closer to the OF at the same time (the odd season anyway). These are good times to be a Jambo!

Cameronstheman

Right now hibs are so far behind us in all departments  its a joy 

Even with a  huge investment  that paid for their infrastructure  that we aint seen as yet

No way are those investors are chucking funny money at a damp squib crawling there way to a top  6 place at best in Scotland

I jus hope the huns smash them in the cup and all they have is he haw to look forward to ,unlike us

FTH

Mister T
On 28/02/2024 at 18:09, luckyBatistuta said:

And tomorrow…

IMG_7160.gif

Top stuff 👏 👍😉

No Idle Talk

It'll take more than £6million to turn Foley's toalies into anything relevant. Let the halfwits dream on. They are going nowhere.

John Findlay
9 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

So you actually think if Bournemouth were relegated, Foley and Co would change focus and make the weeteam their priority? 

:notsure:

No. As he will soon realise there is far less money up here than down there.

No they will try and move somewhere else.

They don't understand the history behind football in the UK or Europe.

They will treat Bournemouth, Hibs Lorient as franchises. If the franchise isn't working, they will pullout and move onto the next one. It's the American modus operandi.

FarmerTweedy

No. As he will soon realise there is far less money up here than down there.

No they will try and move somewhere else.

They don't understand the history behind football in the UK or Europe.

They will treat Bournemouth, Hibs Lorient as franchises. If the franchise isn't working, they will pullout and move onto the next one. It's the American modus operandi.

Ah, right, see what you mean! Yeah, that's possible, although given how much richer the EPL is than every other league, I think they'd probably stick with it. Alarm bells would probably ring for Bournemouth though if they bought a fairly sizeable Spanish or Italian club!  Hibs fans would probably start getting excited about the prospect of getting top La Liga or Serie A stars on loan! 🤣

Deevers
3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Ah, right, see what you mean! Yeah, that's possible, although given how much richer the EPL is than every other league, I think they'd probably stick with it. Alarm bells would probably ring for Bournemouth though if they bought a fairly sizeable Spanish or Italian club!  Hibs fans would probably start getting excited about the prospect of getting top La Liga or Serie A stars on loan! 🤣

I suspect what they’ll get is Bournemouth  players who have not lived up to expectations and young players on loan. They’ll be little more than a siphon for the Foleys parent club. Wonder how long before the penny drops.

Mikey1874

Montgomery already talking about hoping to sign Marcondes and Maolida. 

That's one indicator right away for them. 

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Montgomery already talking about hoping to sign Marcondes and Maolida. 

That's one indicator right away for them. 

He will sign and play who he is god damn told , and he had better say thank you 

It is looking like the Gordon’s are wanting out and the BK have been the only option.

The BK must have said we will take 25% at this point to see how it goes (people on the board)

The concern for Hibs fans should be if the BK group get wind that Hibs don’t actually get group stage football every year and there academy is not all that. This aligned with trouble for Bournemouth could see things go south.

Wantsway Gordon’s and a peed of BK group. 

Looks like a Rangers circa 2012 situation betting on sporting success rather than sustainability. 

Mikey1874
30 minutes ago, Rods said:

It is looking like the Gordon’s are wanting out and the BK have been the only option.

The BK must have said we will take 25% at this point to see how it goes (people on the board)

The concern for Hibs fans should be if the BK group get wind that Hibs don’t actually get group stage football every year and there academy is not all that. This aligned with trouble for Bournemouth could see things go south.

Wantsway Gordon’s and a peed of BK group. 

Looks like a Rangers circa 2012 situation betting on sporting success rather than sustainability. 

People come to Scotland thinking they can do something. Then they discover Rangers and Celtic control everything.

39 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

People come to Scotland thinking they can do something. Then they discover Rangers and Celtic control everything.

Yeh agreed and you would imagine they have looked at it and went Hibs history is not exactly littered with these 3rd place European runs so having a wee nothing to lose test trial. 

They can also get players fit/dodge stricter rules to bring in South American players who might not or might be a success. 

It’s all on Bournemouth is my bet I would be fuming if my clubs history/ success depended on a third rate English team currently punching well above their level.