Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )

Sooks

Fort Vallance
7 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but it looks like this deal is a stepping stone for Foley to take over all control. Once this goes through and after a short time Foley will make a go at buying out al the shares and the feeder club will be just an spot on the map filled with trialists and not quite good enough players Bournemouth signed but didn't work out.

The SPFL allowed Foley to take a minimum share. Not sure they would let a majority takeover go ahead. They could of course purchase the shares by a proxy.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• kingantti1874

• Mikey1874

• vegas-voss

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ex member of the SaS
5 minutes ago, Fort Vallance said:

The SPFL allowed Foley to take a minimum share. Not sure they would let a majority takeover go ahead. They could of course purchase the shares by a proxy.

All these deals are simply a stepping stone to their end game. ( building works for example, they get planning for "x" and then apply for an amendment ) It may take slightly longer but once their foot is in the door ( SFA changing rules as they have  ) things will progress. Next year or the year after when their present owners are desperate to get out and no other investors look like coming forward you never know what will happen.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Don't know if it's been mentioned but it looks like this deal is a stepping stone for Foley to take over all control. Once this goes through and after a short time Foley will make a go at buying out al the shares and the feeder club will be just an spot on the map filled with trialists and not quite good enough players Bournemouth signed but didn't work out.

Hibs fans hope he will take full control, reality is he can’t, and rangers and celtic won’t allow the change of rule. 

pettigrewsstylist
On 24/02/2024 at 12:29, Sooks said:

The whispers are that Robb will agree to it , so hopefully it goes through . It is going to be absolutely joyful watching them starting to slowly understand their new reality :D 

Ann Budge stole ma pension pleasing.

pettigrewsstylist
On 24/02/2024 at 12:50, John Findlay said:

I guess if he trusts Gordon and BK, he votes with them, if not he votes against.

I would suggest he as an individual is no mug.

Bought and sold for Foley gold,  im hoping and guessing.

pettigrewsstylist
On 24/02/2024 at 12:57, scott herbertson said:

He trusts them enough to be a LLP in  a company they are also associated with in the same capacity. That suggests to me he is going to vote with them andby implication  the whole thing is quite thoroughly planned to take full control 

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SO307675/officers

Smoking gun.

pettigrewsstylist

HSL knew from very early on that the money and commitment from the fans wasnt there and was never going to be. All furcoat and heehaw underwear.

This dilution ends them.

Vinegar strokes.

Deid Heid

I think this all sounds completely on the level and completly above board. Super trust-worthy parent company, massive injection of PHREE Money. 

Come the summer, once h1b5 sign off on this great deal, how will we be able to compete with all ther super expensive international mega stars? In a couple of years they'll be in some world-wide billionaire Mega Super Elite league with the minnow leagues of Scotland just a chilly (and very painful) dream of a bygone era.

Why, they couldn't be in better hands to realise their complete ambitions.

We'll be left choking with envy as h1b5 finally assume their place on the centre stage of world football.

What could possibly go wrong! 

😂

pettigrewsstylist

Is tonight the start of a great disaster movie saga?

:)

I shall miss them...

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

Shipwrecked

Time for big dose of reality for the deluded h*bees. Whatever way the vote goes they're screwed. Vote against it and the Gordon's will look to get out, taking as many £s as they can. Vote in favour and they become a distant branch in Foleys pyramid wither fortunes tied to a provincial English team who must be close to the glass ceiling of how big they can get. Neither owner will care about anything other than making money out of them. 

Deep down they must all know this isn't going to end well for them. 

Well that’s them winning the champions league next year now that it’s been passed and at the same time giving it get it up you to the HSL lot… nice way to react to fellow hibs fans 

Cant say I’ve got a clue what is going on with this American guy but can safely say they aren’t winning the champions league 

1971fozzy

Glad it’s gone through. 
now let’s watch it all unfold spectacularly. No way is this going to end well. Take that to the bank

Will certainly be interesting times over the road. I'd imagine they will have some short term feel good factor (not too short term though, they are getting pumped tomorrow night) before it starts going awry.

It's worth noting now that our Capital Projects have been completed for the time being we are also increasing our player budget.

But for Hearts, a challenge - however small - has been put down by our neighbours and I'm sure we will continue to put them in their place.

Edited by Homme

Cameronstheman

From sister Fister

The other interesting thing I heard recently (for any neighbours looking in 👀) was Ron was offered the chance to buy/invest in 3 Scottish clubs, Hearts being one of them with Budge keen to sell. Ron chose us. Wee bit off topic but found it very interesting to know.

6 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

From sister Fister

The other interesting thing I heard recently (for any neighbours looking in 👀) was Ron was offered the chance to buy/invest in 3 Scottish clubs, Hearts being one of them with Budge keen to sell. Ron chose us. Wee bit off topic but found it very interesting to know.

What exactly can/could Budge sell? Hobonomics chat at it's best.

Edited by Shaggy2

Australis
3 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

I'm so glad he and his family picked the wee team.

After tonight's vote, its starting to look like opportunist vulture Americans picking over a carcass.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

From sister Fister

Even if that is true (which I dont believe for a minute, as Ann Budge had agreements with FoH to sell it to them so couldn't decide to sell the club to someone else) then considering how the representative clubs have done since Ron bought Hibs, we have done much better at this point the much better run club.

9 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

From sister Fister

They live in a fantasy world. 

Interesting that it’s not loans and it’s capital calls from the foley group. I thought it was free money. Got to wonder if the Gordon’s take these up what are the default clauses are. 

1971fozzy
14 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

From sister Fister

they are that thick they will believe that as well.  What injecting drugs does to you I suppose 🤷🏻‍♂️

indianajones
15 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

From sister Fister

9 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

4 minutes ago, Australis said:

I'm so glad he and his family picked the wee team.

After tonight's vote, its starting to look like opportunist vulture Americans picking over a carcass.

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Even if that is true (which I dont believe for a minute, as Ann Budge had agreements with FoH to sell it to them so couldn't decide to sell the club to someone else) then considering how the representative clubs have done since Ron bought Hibs, we have done much better at this point the much better run club.

2 minutes ago, Rods said:

They live in a fantasy world. 

Interesting that it’s not loans and it’s capital calls from the foley group. I thought it was free money. Got to wonder if the Gordon’s take these up what are the default clauses are. 

Hearts were approached first but it was turned down immediately. 

5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Therefore Ron was NOT offered the chance to invest in Hearts and Budge (even if she did want out) would have been stopped in her tracks before any idea of selling had left the station. Hibs muppets and their fantasy posts.

Edited by Shaggy2

2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Ha ha ha so basically a mad Vlad scenario 

He approached Dundee, Dunfermline and someone else before getting us due to our desperation.

Hibs will be hibs and we will still get free money above and beyond there capital calls from Mr Anderson.

5 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Exactly. Approached Hearts we told him to bolt so he jumped in a cab to Leith and Farmer was only too willing to finally get rid of the thing.

Seemingly it’s 6 mill now and future “donations” if needed. 

Donations lol as ever the devil will be in the detail.

Not one person questioning the terms of the capital calls. 

Not one person asking are the people that are going to be allowed to call in this capital are fit to do so. I mean it’s not like the same people put the club into 5 million pound debt from a position of stability.

Edited by Rods

PaddysBar
12 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Indeed. Budge made a disparaging comment about turning down a potential investor just before Gordon bought hibs. 

Australis

So before tonight HSL owned 15% of the club.

Fans who cared and worried for the club.

What percentage will they hold now, and have they voted to make their shareholding even more worthless.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

#HibsedIt 

luckyBatistuta
1 hour ago, theshed said:

Well that’s them winning the champions league next year now that it’s been passed and at the same time giving it get it up you to the HSL lot… nice way to react to fellow hibs fans 

Cant say I’ve got a clue what is going on with this American guy but can safely say they aren’t winning the champions league 

IMG_7149.jpeg

loveofthegame

No idea how this will play out, remaining cautious about it for now. On paper and initial showing their January signings have been an improvement on what they had (so they’ll claim early signs of the deal “working” for them) and they’ve slightly improved on the pitch the last few games. Let’s hope we put a stop to that tomorrow. Equally aware they’re still fighting for top 6 and nothing more…

Of course I hope that it will be a complete car crash, Vlad-esque without the 2nd place finish and 2 Scottish cups. But there is a world where it could feasibly improve them. Let’s hope that isn’t the outcome and, if it is, that the fact we’ve a head start on them (together with our backers being willing to step up if needed) means we remain ahead of them (as has been the case throughout most of both clubs history).

Edited by loveofthegame

PaddysBar
Just now, Australis said:

So before tonight HSL owned 15% of the club.

Fans who cared and worried for the club.

What percentage will they hold now, and have they voted to make their shareholding even more worthless.

😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

#HibsedIt 

About 8%. 

They had over 20% at one point I think before a prior shares dilution. 

They were on track to purchase 51% of the club but Ron then said they could still donate cash but they wouldn’t acquire any more shares after he bought the club. 

The irony is they were on track (at the time) to be a club with the fans as majority owners in the truest sense but as always hibs have totally hibsed it. 

NaturalOrder74

Taking the knee for a big team down south fo pay off their debt 🤣 we are not the same 

kingantti1874
39 minutes ago, Cameronstheman said:

From sister Fister

🤣 actually Ron did come to hearts first and we said no. 

The lady doth protest too much

We will sell to who we want will you aye

Looking forward to hearing about the monorail lol

IMG_0450.png

8 minutes ago, loveofthegame said:

No idea how this will play out, remaining cautious about it for now. On paper and initial showing their January signings have been an improvement on what they had (so they’ll claim early signs of the deal “working” for them) and they’ve slightly improved on the pitch the last few games. Let’s hope we put a stop to that tomorrow. Equally aware they’re still fighting for top 6 and nothing more…

Of course I hope that it will be a complete car crash, Vlad-esque without the 2nd place finish and 2 Scottish cups. But there is a world where it could feasibly improve them. Let’s hope that isn’t the outcome and, if it is, that the fact we’ve a head start on them (together with our backers being willing to step up if needed) means we remain ahead of them (as has been the case throughout most of both clubs history).

This is where I'm at with it all. Waiting to see what happens and hoping it doesn't go well for them.

Australis
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

🤣 actually Ron did come to hearts first and we said no. 

Delighted he ran up 5 million debt at the wee team, rather than us.

Wee team fans think it's great too.

Yeah common knowledge Ron wanted Hearts first at the time.

He clearly settled. 

Anyway there goes the parent team out the FA Cup. Ouch.

Papa John

From BBC Website:

Ben Kensall said "Being part of a multi-club network gives us loads of opportunities around best practise sharing, player trading within the network. It obviously gives us equity and cash we can use along with the investment from the Gordon family."

Shareholders were told the £6m would allow improvement at the club's training base and the creation of a home for the women's team with a full-time base and stadium for matches.

Still don't see any mention of millions being spent on winning the league next season!!

2 minutes ago, Papa John said:

From BBC Website:

Ben Kensall said "Being part of a multi-club network gives us loads of opportunities around best practise sharing, player trading within the network. It obviously gives us equity and cash we can use along with the investment from the Gordon family."

Shareholders were told the £6m would allow improvement at the club's training base and the creation of a home for the women's team with a full-time base and stadium for matches.

Still don't see any mention of millions being spent on winning the league next season!!

We, as rivals are doomed 🥶🥶🥶

FarmerTweedy

From .nut:

We’ll certainly not get outbid by any competition outside the Old Firm.

Possibly correct, but only because we'll be shopping at a more premium level than them anyway!  

They’re apparently now questioning where they will be in Foley’s pyramid with some suggesting that based on attendance (Bournemouth total capacity 11,300) that they may or someday will be at the top.

Foley was quoted as saying he’d be in Edinburgh in March to watch them.  
I wonder iif he’s down in Bournemouth just now taking in their FA cup game against Leicester and will therefore be in attendance tomorrow. 
If he is hopefully we’ll give him a result that he’ll have nightmares about. 

Australis
23 minutes ago, sac said:

Foley will defo be calling the shots now.

He is detested by the fans at the French club Lorient that he bought into, as well.

And he has managed to take them way down the league.

Edited by Australis

PaddysBar
3 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

From .nut:

We’ll certainly not get outbid by any competition outside the Old Firm.

Possibly correct, but only because we'll be shopping at a more premium level than them anyway!  

He clearly hasn’t thought that we get £6m in donations (for no shares) every single year😀

8 minutes ago, Papa John said:

From BBC Website:

6m and they're buying/building a small stadium for the woman, an indoor 11 aside pitch like the oriam and a mega transfer pot...

They do realise costs are through the roof for everything these days...

Was hoping from a footballing integrity perspective that this didn’t go through. But now that it has I absolutely cannot wait for this to fall flat on its arse as so many have predicted.

Brilliant News. Jambos, get your popcorn at the ready!!!!

2 minutes ago, jambo19 said:

6m and they're buying/building a small stadium for the woman, an indoor 11 aside pitch like the oriam and a mega transfer pot...

They do realise costs are through the roof for everything these days...

image.gif.084efcbc921a172ce328ec0bc699d301.gif

Der Kaiser

Bournemouth are the money. That league is swimming in cash and that's where you make a profit. It's the Rolls Royce of football income.

Hibournian.....well they're just the 2nd car you bought for your wife. A wee hatchback to run around in.

I'm VERY confident in 10 years time.....there will be little to no difference in that club. Even if all £6 million was invested in players there isnt the cashflow to sustain wages for players of that value. ****ing fantasy land to those Hibs fans lapping it up when it's a business model that helps multiple club owners alleviate some financial fair play rules.

Busby nets the rebound

Something I've not seen anyone mention. This house of straw will crumble when the mighty AFC Bournemouth get themselves relegated.  It's not if but when, not exactly an establishment side.  Getting straight back up from the Championship, not so easy .   

• davemclaren changed the title to Foley deal with Hibs approved ( updated )