*** official Celtic v Heart Of Midlothian match thread ***

Selkirkhmfc1874

On 12/12/2023 at 12:29, N Lincs Jambo said:

Clancy is the ref. Assistant refs are David Roome and Jonathan Bell with Gavin Duncan on VAR

and so the corruption continues unabated. Centre stage for Clancy at Darkheid and Beaton at Ibrox almost every time we play there and before that Collum and Bobby Madden(ing) respectively. Only country in World Football where 2 clubs get to bring their own ref to work day 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• alicante jambo

• Bazzas right boot

10 hours ago, maroonsgotop said:

and so the corruption continues unabated. Centre stage for Clancy at Darkheid and Beaton at Ibrox almost every time we play there and before that Collum and Bobby Madden(ing) respectively. Only country in World Football where 2 clubs get to bring their own ref to work day 

I’m not really sure the difference will be the referee this time around though. We can’t put a below average Deidco and the sheep to the sword whilst they beat a decent Feyenoord in the champions league. Suppose rocket science springs to mind.  

Heading through to the potato bowl on Saturday, hoping for something but expecting nothing, as is the normal way when taking the M8 westbound. Wondering if our arse will collapse again just past Harthill? 

Gonna be the usual really.

I can see the headlines. Players / squad worth 10 times another team wins football match easily in "no shock" shocker. 

It's a bit like the current Norwich team rocking up to Villa Park (based on squad values). Bit of a no brainer who'd win that.

Only silver lining will be reading the er....passionate suggestions on kickback after the final whistle. (hoping McKinlay takes a boat load of immodium prior to the game to alleviate his alleged flatulence condition as that's clearly one factor why we'll lose).

1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

I’m not really sure the difference will be the referee this time around though. We can’t put a below average Deidco and the sheep to the sword whilst they beat a decent Feyenoord in the champions league. Suppose rocket science springs to mind.  

Heading through to the potato bowl on Saturday, hoping for something but expecting nothing, as is the normal way when taking the M8 westbound. Wondering if our arse will collapse again just past Harthill? 

😂the potato bowl 

Edited by Mister T

I wonder what people's thoughts are about Saturday.  Is this a free hit or is it damage limitation?   I think we are all writing the game off as a loss so does that mean we would be 'happy' with 1 or 2-0?

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Collapses at the Maybury.

Must be long queue to the toilet on the coach.

14 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

I wonder what people's thoughts are about Saturday.  Is this a free hit or is it damage limitation?   I think we are all writing the game off as a loss so does that mean we would be 'happy' with 1 or 2-0?

Never happy with a loss, however history tells us we have as good as no chance of winning or even getting a point out of it. The current squad of players don't have it them to go there and play well IMO. No belief at all within the group that they can compete with the OF. For a club our size and considering the amount of other teams that put up a better show against both half's of the OF our record is a dismal embarrassment home and away recently. 

Be the usual us through there.  

Probably make a decent start, defending ok, wee bit possession, some players looking sharp for the first half hour…..then the concentration goes and everything with it.    That’ll be that.  

EEN running an article on Denholm. With the absence of Cammy and probably Nieuwenhof this sounds like a good time to give him a start,  maybe with Haring as well, with instructions to keep his hands to himself in the penalty box.

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

EEN running an article on Denholm. With the absence of Cammy and probably Nieuwenhof this sounds like a good time to give him a start,  maybe with Haring as well, with instructions to keep his hands to himself in the penalty box.

How bad are things that we need to rely on Haring?  

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

He's not the payer he was but he can never be criticised for his reading of the game and his attitude in a battle. He might be a good option in his game alongside Denholm.

11 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

He's not the payer he was but he can never be criticised for his reading of the game and his attitude in a battle. He might be a good option in his game alongside Denholm.

I actually think he'd have been a good option against Aberdeen, though do admit this is complete hind sight.  They physically bullied us.  We didn't have Cam to get on and get in their faces and give as good as he got from Shinnie, so Haring would have at least given us some steel and strength.  He's calm too, don't think he'd have given up possession as easily as the rest of the muppets on show on Saturday!

Celtic, I'm less sure.  They're quick and move the ball well, my worry is he's just passed around to be honest, can see him now needing to tug someone back and booked within 10 mins.  Maybe not.  I love big Pete, but he's looked off the pace in recent showings which is such a shame.

Never know, he might Lazarus the shit out of it!!

What's wrong with Newy btw?  (please no one reply "he's shit"! I mean why is he out?)

alicante jambo
1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Another whom i would like to see let go. Sad times even denholm is not good enough at this level. We havr so much shite we really need a good clear out.

3 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Another whom i would like to see let go. Sad times even denholm is not good enough at this level. We havr so much shite we really need a good clear out.

the worrying thing is we seem to say this after almost every single season.

alicante jambo
Just now, Chimp said:

Im not sure about that mate. This season we have so many average footballers. Not saying they have always been crap could be due to injuries, age or something else. Its not just 2 or 3 either its around half a dozen if not more. Some of them cant even make a 5 yard pass to feet, cant header a ball or cross.

3 hours ago, TheBigO said:

I actually think he'd have been a good option against Aberdeen, though do admit this is complete hind sight.  They physically bullied us.  We didn't have Cam to get on and get in their faces and give as good as he got from Shinnie, so Haring would have at least given us some steel and strength.  He's calm too, don't think he'd have given up possession as easily as the rest of the muppets on show on Saturday!

Celtic, I'm less sure.  They're quick and move the ball well, my worry is he's just passed around to be honest, can see him now needing to tug someone back and booked within 10 mins.  Maybe not.  I love big Pete, but he's looked off the pace in recent showings which is such a shame.

Never know, he might Lazarus the shit out of it!!

What's wrong with Newy btw?  (please no one reply "he's shit"! I mean why is he out?)

Injury to wrist I think, might be able to play with it strapped up apparently.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Be a fair few experts on here on wrist injuries... doubt it's RSI mind you.

5 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Collapses at the Maybury.

Must be long queue to the toilet on the coach.

It's only the players arses that collapse BRB. We'll be there as usual, in full voice lose or draw!

By The Light..
6 hours ago, TexasAndy said:

given that we've scored 15 goals in the league safe to say we are not winning this with any recent team set up.

So why not should field 2, 3 or 4 players from the B team and have a free hit!

Sinbad the Sailor

We all know we will get pumped. Just make sure we wind them up. Can the Gorgie Ultras do something Tifo about Smelltic. Maybe something about a can of Lynx is never under their Xmas tree or armpits.

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Chimp said:

Very few folk said this the last two seasons,  the narrative was strongly along the strong squad/ manager holding us back line, with you amongst them?

Hundreds of threads and posts on it, 

Did you forget, I'd worry about that more if I were you. 

Diadora Van Basten

Gordon

Sibbock Kent Halkett Rowles Kingsley

Vargas Niewenhoff Beni Cochrane 

Shanks

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Very few folk said this the last two seasons,  the narrative was strongly along the strong squad/ manager holding us back line, with you amongst them?

Hundreds of threads and posts on it, 

Did you forget, I'd worry about that more if I were you. 

I disagree, even last season I saw people say we needed a clear out of players who weren’t good enough. Halliday and Haring to name a few. 

Why the catty remark in your last sentence anyway? Have I pissed you off in some way? 😂 odd guy.

Edited by Chimp

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Chimp said:

I disagree, even last season I saw people say we needed a clear out of players who weren’t good enough. Halliday and Haring to name a few. 

Why the catty remark in your last sentence anyway? Have I pissed you off in some way? 😂 odd guy.

Just keeping you on the correct path so the rabble is all on the same page, it's hard to keep track as the same folk  scramble about for shite to fling

Not pissed off, just amused by posters flipping 360 to suit the moment.

Last season- great squad, best in years manager holding us back.

This season- players holding us back, worse midfield in league, nae pace, yada, yada.

It's a plot twist, no one seen coming....

4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Just keeping you on the correct path so the rabble is all on the same page, it's hard to keep track as the same folk  scramble about for shite to fling

This season- players holding us back, worse midfield in league, nae pace, yada, yada.

Just you keep obsessing over Neilson mate. Thought you might have been over it by now, evidently not. That’s what this comes down to. I fear you’ll be scarred by his dismissal forever and I feel for you. Hope you come to terms with it one day instead of rambling on about him on here non stop. Move on 👍🏼

16 hours ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Newbridge, nowadays.

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Poor squad Poor manager. Do keep up....

Fozzyonthefence
8 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Surely be easier and less painful if he just gets his bird to do it for him?

On 14/12/2023 at 09:37, Pans Jambo said:

How bad are things that we can even contemplate starting Denholm????

Ex member of the SaS
On 14/12/2023 at 08:27, TexasAndy said:

It is basically a free hit, We need fast attacking football with EVERY player putting in a tackle. Stop them roaming up the park and you stop them playing. Always wary of the ball over the top to Kyogo. Get Craig between the sticks. 

Both the bigot teams like to rule the park and when their defenders can roam into the opposition half it gives them more players to pass to. Keep Shanks up the pitch with possibly one other, make sure the defense know what the other players are doing and keep heads on a swivel. 

Like I said stop them roaming around and you stop them playing, they can't cope as it's something they are not used to.

Get this game out of the way and make sure we win the rest of the up coming games.

Ex member of the SaS
15 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's time to let your love affair with BOB to go. You really are getting boring.

We show teams far too much respect at times. Show them absolutely zero from the off Hearts. Teams have went through there this season and took something. If we sit in and try to “frustrate” them then the game will be over by half time

On 14/12/2023 at 09:42, upgotheheads said:

His reading of the game was fairly shit tbh at Ibrox when he gave the Huns a penalty in the last minute.

13 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

A horsing is on the cards.

Yeah, Naismith hasn't had his yet. Levein got done 5-0 at Livi - how the hell did he survive that? Neilson probably had one or two at the Butt Cheeks.

44 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

We show teams far too much respect at times. Show them absolutely zero from the off Hearts. Teams have went through there this season and took something. If we sit in and try to “frustrate” them then the game will be over by half time

I think only Motherwell have taken something ( a draw ) at Darkheid this season iirc? Toughest fixture of the season. 

On 14/12/2023 at 10:55, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Septic 4-0 Heart of Midlothian

Taxi for Naismith

He won’t be judged on this game.

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think only Motherwell have taken something ( a draw ) at Darkheid this season iirc? Toughest fixture of the season. 

St Johnstone also

1 hour ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Clancy will just blow his whistle then demand Hearts show Celtic more respect.   If not adhered to he will start booking them. 

😀 

Hopefully we score first then frustrate them.   

3 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Clancy will just blow his whistle then demand Hearts show Celtic more respect.   If not adhered to he will start booking them. 

😀

Hopefully we score first then frustrate them.   

Aww is it Clancy tomorrow? 😫😫😫

1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It is basically a free hit, We need fast attacking football with EVERY player putting in a tackle. Stop them roaming up the park and you stop them playing. Always wary of the ball over the top to Kyogo. Get Craig between the sticks. 

Both the bigot teams like to rule the park and when their defenders can roam into the opposition half it gives them more players to pass to. Keep Shanks up the pitch with possibly one other, make sure the defense know what the other players are doing and keep heads on a swivel. 

Like I said stop them roaming around and you stop them playing, they can't cope as it's something they are not used to.

Get this game out of the way and make sure we win the rest of the up coming games.

We don't have the players to play fast attacking football though. We are so set on trying to keep the ball we don't have a clue how to hit teams quickly and its not going to change tomorrow unfortunately. We are going to sit in and probably capitulate like we normally do. If we lose one or 2 goals early there is every chance it could end up 5 or 6. We are also way to susceptible defending against any pace down the sides that Celtic will probably have a field day tomorrow down both sides. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It's time to let your love affair with BOB to go. You really are getting boring.

Being factual and pointing out the flaws in folks arguments usually is boring, it's not as exciting as dropping sound bites everywhere,  making up shite and generally being a big drama queen.

Nothing to do with Bob,  just checking which path the rabids are on so I can keep up, the best squad in years being held back by the manager narrative seems to have been taken off the table since his departure, flipped 360 and now the same folk have  landed on shite recruitment for years.

I find that strange, so I question it.

17 hours ago, Chimp said:

Just you keep obsessing over Neilson mate. Thought you might have been over it by now, evidently not. That’s what this comes down to. I fear you’ll be scarred by his dismissal forever and I feel for you. Hope you come to terms with it one day instead of rambling on about him on here non stop. Move on 👍🏼

Actually think he is Robbie 😋