• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• alicante jambo

• Bazzas right boot

Dougie Masterton
On 16/12/2023 at 17:11, Spellczech said:

Showed Feyenoord how to do it... Well done Hearts!

A few Feyenoord fans in the Hearts section yesterday. They also had a £50 bet on Hearts at 25/1

Just now, Dougie Masterton said:

A few Feyenoord fans in the Hearts section yesterday. They also had a £50 bet on Hearts at 25/1

Nice one

ToadKiller Dog
7 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

Good on them ,don't think I've ever been brave enough to put £50 on us 😆 

4 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

This has probably been mentioned already, but I was scratching my head at the Celtic player lying down behind the wall at Kingsley’s free kick. Like, seriously, ‘WTF is he doing there?’

I’ve been told it’s to stop the kick being hit beneath the wall. I’d never heard of this so I looked on YouTube. When exactly did we sign Messi?

We might just have won the league in 98 if we'd done that when Albertz took the late free kick at Ibrox that snatched them a 2-2 draw.

Jambo in Yorkshire

Go back to Saturday at 2.00, how many goals would we lose at Celtic and how many would Man U lose at Liverpool on Sunday?

I reckon most on here would have guessed a total of at least six?

Funny old game!

41 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

We might just have won the league in 98 if we'd done that when Albertz took the late free kick at Ibrox that snatched them a 2-2 draw.

I remember the late goal, but we finished 7 points behind Celtic and 4 behind Rangers. What really derailed our title challenge that year was losing to Hibs in the run-in.

2 minutes ago, Doc Rob said:

I remember the late goal, but we finished 7 points behind Celtic and 4 behind Rangers. What really derailed our title challenge that year was losing to Hibs in the run-in.

Losing Colin Cameron through injury was the most significant factor.

32 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

We lost Colin to injury in the following season

45 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

We drew with Motherwell and lost to Hibs in the same week which really all but finished us. A better record against the OF that season where I don’t think we won one game would have likely seen us win it. That a the NY 2-2 with Hibs were killers. A game we could have been 4 or 5 up in by half time.

47 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Signing Petric and Kevin James didn't help either. 🙈

20 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

We lost Colin to injury in the following season

Sorry, I thought we were talking about league games earlier in the run up to the end of 97-98.

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

And drawing with motherwell

On 16/12/2023 at 17:24, indianajones said:

Not even a yellow card WTF?

Only 3 fouls awarded against us in the whole match!  Magnificent discipline.

41 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Signing Petric and Kevin James didn't help either. 🙈

Signing Niemi did

23 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

And drawing with motherwell

Game should have been called off - pitch was a swamp 

Carter - Vickers bleating on that it wasn't a foul when Kingsley scored the free kick. For what it's worth I agree with him, but it's nice for a decision go for us for a change and I'll take it all day long.

Disser Pointon
4 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Carter - Vickers bleating on that it wasn't a foul when Kingsley scored the free kick. For what it's worth I agree with him, but it's nice for a decision go for us for a change and I'll take it all day long.

Yeah, I thought it was a foul at the time, but having watched it another 50 times I agree! Pleasing.

21 minutes ago, 1953 said:

If it was the other way round I would’ve been raging but guess what we still scored another goal aswell! Their own manager said they could’ve played all night and not score. They were deservedly beaten and if they want to try blame that on the ref other than the fact they were well below par and we actually executed our game plan perfectly then let them 

On 16/12/2023 at 14:11, 4marsbars said:

Nobody thinks Clark is better than Gordon at his best.

We don't know how sharp Gordon is right now. Clark's been a more than good enough replacement. 

I got some flack for posting this before the game. HIs eighth clean-sheet in 17 games. Apparently a bomb-scare, according to the real experts.

15 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Remember being robbed at Raith when they got a pen, then we got one which the ref then down graded to a fk on the edge of the box.

Robbo was so pissed off he absolutely blootered a daisy cutter under the wall and into their goal.

Unorthodox maybe but it worked.

18 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

I got some flack for posting this before the game. HIs eighth clean-sheet in 17 games. Apparently a bomb-scare, according to the real experts.

Decent stopper, controlled his box well on Saturday.

Has the odd brain fart capability.

13 hours ago, ibpc said:

Only 3 fouls awarded against us in the whole match!  Magnificent discipline.

This was the key to the result IMHO. Give the officials any sort of reason to help the OF and they will take it. We've conceded enough "last minute" goals against both OF to know this. You have to play an incredibly clean game to make it 11 v 11.

Sub4TiddlerMurray
6 hours ago, 1953 said:

I didn’t hear him complain about Furahashi throwing his legs at Cochrane to win a penalty earlier in the season

2 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

I didn’t hear him complain about Furahashi throwing his legs at Cochrane to win a penalty earlier in the season

It's delightful to see wee glass shoulder Kyogo doing sweet FA. Nae bobbing of the hair dancing in front of the freedom fighters last weekend. Little prick. 

34 minutes ago, Sub4TiddlerMurray said:

Of course you didn't, it doesn't work that way.

On 16/12/2023 at 14:03, The Mercer Takeover said:

FFS - Awful team.

What on earth has Denholm done to merit a first team slot.

Just go Naismith 

Aye?

If anyone wants a laugh have a scroll through the pre match posts from when the team gets announced.  The pre match anger is certain angina material.  

Brick Tamland
On 18/12/2023 at 13:52, TexasAndy said:

If anyone wants a laugh have a scroll through the pre match posts from when the team gets announced.  The pre match anger is certain vagina material.  

FTFY 

On 18/12/2023 at 13:52, TexasAndy said:

If anyone wants a laugh have a scroll through the pre match posts from when the team gets announced.  The pre match anger is certain angina material.  

It shows that not all the football experts are on here. 😎

N Lincs Jambo
On 17/12/2023 at 21:24, Doc Rob said:

Even taking the loss at ER out of the equation, we dropped 12 points from NYD onwards in games which we drew when we were either leading at H/T or leading at some point in the second half. We picked up one point the other way (Quitongo's last minute equaliser against Celtic). That to me was the reason we didn't see it over the line.