• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• alicante jambo

• Bazzas right boot

Heartsmad1874

Don’t really want to think about this game until next Saturday morning when I have to get up and go to it. We haven’t been hammered through there for a while so some might say it’s coming.

We do like to score an early goal at Celtic Park/Ibrox and then backs to the wall for 80 odd minutes.

I remember going their in 05 as a young lad and we drew 1-1 and should've won the match, then Romanov punted Burley.

Will we ever see a Hearts side go to parkhead and properly take them on ?

Generic Username
4 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

I remember going their in 05 as a young lad and we drew 1-1 and should've won the match, then Romanov punted Burley.

I get the point but we did go to Celtic Park & beat them 2 years after the game you've just mentioned. 

I can't even remember a time in all the decades I have supported Hearts that we went a season without beating the Old Firm at least once. Even when we were on the brink of financial collapse, we would take a scalp.

I would love to know the actual stats. Seasons where we never won against either would be few or far between. The Budge era however has changed all that. Strike out after strike out under her rule. I know that we will without doubt lose on Saturday.

I'm a 61 year old adult and I normally count down the sleeps until the next Hearts game. My entire weekend is planned around watching the game,even trips back to the UK to see family are planned such that I can get to a match. For this game,for the first time I can remember,I will probably do something else,Christ I might even go to IKEA😔😕

Heartsmad1874
6 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I can't even remember a time in all the decades I have supported Hearts that we went a season without beating the Old Firm at least once. Even when we were on the brink of financial collapse, we would take a scalp.

I would love to know the actual stats. Seasons where we never won against either would be few or far between. The Budge era however has changed all that. Strike out after strike out under her rule. I know that we will without doubt lose on Saturday.

Beaten Celtic 3 times in 10 years and Rangers 6, albeit 2 of them being in the Championship.

Last win against Rangers was the Scottish Cup game at Tynecastle under Stendel. 

Edited by Heartsmad1874

13 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

Not without a big change in mentality, and management structure, we need a coaching staff with fresh ideas 

The Treasurer
26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Celtic can re-use their strips after it for their next game. 

Always thought them and their scummy fans did that anyway 

What a thought!! Going to pretend there is no game on next weekend, Absolutely humped as per usual.

Some of those players might as well get off the bus on route to Glasgow at harthill, as they just haven't got the stomach for it imo.

51 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

What we thinking for this one? Not one I'm looking forward to but stranger things have happened I'm the world of football.

Be a miracle if we get anything, behind the settee for me,   game of golf could be the best option😏.

Not predicting a score😧.

Hopefully no worse than a routine 4-0 defeat.

The prematch "what we have to do" chat to come then the futility of our team bus even setting off is  depressing. 

I doubt I'll ever attend a Hearts game against the OF again. Home, away or Hampden.

Soul destroying stuff.

1 minute ago, martoon said:

The prematch "what we have to do" chat to come then the futility of our team bus even setting off is  depressing. 

I doubt I'll ever attend a Hearts game against the OF again. Home, away or Hampden.

Soul destroying stuff.

They certainly dont fill us with confidence, Yesterday was a joke.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Soul destroying stuff.

same for our crowd.

The “routine defeat”, “free hit” mentality has become so entrenched at the club, and unfortunately in a section of the support, that another humping with the game over inside the first fifteen minutes wouldn’t even occasion a shrug of the shoulders.

Team bus will probably leave early on Saturday morning so that the players can fit in some Christmas shopping pre-match.

1 hour ago, martoon said:

Soul destroying stuff.

Sadly, this is how I feel. I wonder if Teflon Joe ever feels like a twat for the comments about competing with the OF.:facepalm:

Thunder and Lightning

Excellent, one of the 'free hit' fixtures as some of our fans like describe them. 

The same loser mentality that permeates the boardroom and dressing room. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Beaten Celtic 3 times in 10 years and Rangers 6, albeit 2 of them being in the Championship.

Last win against Rangers was the Scottish Cup game at Tynecastle under Stendel. 

Stendal somehow managed to beat rangers twice

I can’t remember our excellent 1998 team beating either of the old firm in the league although we were very competitive with them in most games

we did manage a cup-tie win against the big huns though which was good 🏆 

No faith or confidence at all which is unfortunate as Celtic have been getting criticism from their own fans for their play despite being ahead in the league. 

It’ll probably be a comfortable 3 or 4 to nil victory for them 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

Celtic almost always beat us and have a much bigger budget so anything less than 8-0 will be an acceptable result for Scotland’s 3rd force :lol:

anything less than 4-0 can be celebrated like a win

ignore the entitled ‘fans’ who demand we make them work for their win

9 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Excellent, one of the 'free hit' fixtures as some of our fans like describe them. 

It’s the loser mentality that’s becoming shockingly obvious.  Yesterday was nothing short of disgraceful. I’ll not be at the game on Wednesday (I have not visited that shithole for years) and I won’t be looking in to see how things are going. It’s become tragically obvious that the whole club needs a shake down from top to bottom.  The abject complacency by the board about the state of the football side of the business is mind numbing. 

Edited by Deevers

Depends on Celtic to be honest. Capable of giving us a real doing but at the same time they’ve dropped points to St Johnstone and Motherwell there this season 

I take my hat off to any Jambo who takes the time out to travel through to this game and support the team.

We will lose this match. I have nothing more to say about it. I just want it over and done with so we can move on to the next one.

11 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I’d like a free hit at anyone that meaningfully uses that expression. 

alicante jambo

Itll be a hamering. The midfield wont know where they are and the defence will get rings run around them. It could be 5 or more. We may just get 1 shot on goal. These pricks are shitebags dont have the balls for a fight at parkhead. Naismith will be sitting all week thinking what the feck will he do.

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

Stendal somehow managed to beat rangers twice

I can’t remember our excellent 1998 team beating either of the old firm in the league although we were very competitive with them in most games

we did manage a cup-tie win against the big huns though which was good 🏆 

Because pressing them, especially at Tynecastle, is the best way to stop them from playing well and creating chances. We usually sit back and always get beat.  

The one place we never go too . horrible place will find out score at 4-55 pm on sat . Have written it off already roll on st mirren game when we hopefully win

Scary prospect. They'll be queuing up to score against us and they'll keep it up for 90 mins. Backs to the wall job from us should keep it to 3 zip but if Naisy dispenses with holding midfield it'll be 6.