• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luckies1874

• Fozzyonthefence

• Mikey1874

• Deviskan

During the pre match interview Clarke never even acknowledged Shanks as an option.

He only talked about having Brown start and Dykes as an option because he runs himself into the ground.

That was it. No mention of Shankland.

Samuel Camazzola

Another goal needed for pot 2.

Regarding Norway's 2nd, abysmal, half-arsed effort from McGregor to close the space and stop the cross. Basic stuff 

3 minutes ago, Bauld said:

During the pre match interview Clarke never even acknowledged Shanks as an option.

He only talked about having Brown start and Dykes as an option because he runs himself into the ground.

That was it. No mention of Shankland.

I just don't get it. Off the ball shanks runs himself into the ground. But he is deadly in the box and with his positioning ... Don't see that with dykes, brown or Adams ... I wouldn't criticise the manager for what he has done with Scotland but putting any bias aside, I cannot follow Clarke's logic when it comes to not playing our Captain. Makes no sense when you look at the alternatives. 

Edited by Hearts1975

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Hahaha Clarke has lost the plot....dykes ffs

I get the impression he just doesn't fancy Shankland.

1 minute ago, Samuel Camazzola said:

Another goal needed for pot 2.

Regarding Norway's 2nd, abysmal, half-arsed effort from McGregor to close the space and stop the cross. Basic stuff 

Thing is, do we actually want Pot 2 ? 

Incredibly hard to criticise Clarke after this terrific campaign. 

but why is shankland still on the bench?!  

This scenario makes no sense 

Just now, jbee647 said:

Clarkes stubbornness and his loyalty to certain players will be his ultimate downfall 

That's what killed us at the last Euros

alicante jambo
1 minute ago, Gizmo said:

What's the argument, stronger teams in Pot 3?

Aye. Some really good sides in pot 3 its where we want to be tbh.

Aye, Clarke has lost the plot!  

We are currently about to finish a qualifying group with 19pts out of 24 and cruise to the Euros.

:vrface:

I totally get the desire to see a Hearts player on the park, I'm surprised he hasn't been given at least half an hour tonight, but the reaction is totally over the top against the manager given his record.

Just now, Scott Leitch said:

Che Adams to come back as well. Shankland won't get a sniff in Germany. If he even gets picked for the squad. 

bang on  dykes and Adams are Clarke's favourites

Great goal by Armstrong, but we shouldn't ignore the absolute sitter that Brown missed just before. He really shouldn't be getting a game for a good long while after that. 

2 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Clarkes stubbornness and his loyalty to certain players will be his ultimate downfall 

Who are these players he's showing too much loyalty to?

People were moaning about Armstrong starting too tonight and he's been our best player. Absolutely outstanding. 

Could it be that Clarke wants the players who have mostly played throughout the campaign on the pitch at the end ?

32 minutes ago, DS98 said:

It will be interesting if Gordon comes in, proves his fitness and has a strong 1/2 season. A fit Craig Gordon is in a different league to Gunn. Much like he was to Marshall the last time. Surely Clarke wouldn’t make the same mistake twice.

It very much depends how much of his reaction has gone, nobody wants to admit it, but at that age things creep up very quickly....that maybe the difference between him being first choice or back up

3 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

What's the argument, stronger teams in Pot 3?

Would say so .... Getting a good group draw in the euros would be desirable 

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

People were moaning about Armstrong starting too tonight and he's been our best player. Absolutely outstanding. 

Marshall over Gordon at the euros for one.

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

McLean 

5 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I wonder gow many Hearts games Clarke has been to this season.

None, he doesn't play for the old firm. 🫣

All roads lead to Gorgie

I really really want to like Steve Clarke but his treatment of Shanks is shocking. 

Fitzroy Pointon
4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Aye, Clarke has lost the plot!  

We are currently about to finish a qualifying group with 19pts out of 24 and cruise to the Euros.

:vrface:

I totally get the desire to see a Hearts player on the park, I'm surprised he hasn't been given at least half an hour tonight, but the reaction is totally over the top against the manager given his record.

:spoton:

1 minute ago, GBJambo said:

McLean 

McLean who scored one of our most pivotal international goals in the last 20+ years just a few months ago, is a fantastic professional who rarely lets us down and always does whatever is asked of him. That McLean, aye? Ok!