Accounts

Agentjambo

Footballfirst
22 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I believe I read on here (so accuracy is not guaranteed) that her loans are at market rate. So she would make much more from loans to us than the money sitting in a savings account. 

As noted above, I don't know if the rate thing is true. 

Given that the Interest charge (note 10) is £158k on a diminishing balance, compared to £98k in 2021/22, I'd assume that the interest rate is tied to the BOE base rate, which increased significantly during the financial year.

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

• Selkirkhmfc1874

Looks like AB is charging around 5% (£149k) on the £3M consolidated loan, which has been reduced to £2M within the trading period. 

Ongoing relationship with JB Contracts is considered as arms length arrangement. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Given that the Interest charge (note 10) is £158k on a diminishing balance, compared to £98k in 2021/22, I'd assume that the interest rate is tied to the BOE base rate, which increased significantly during the financial year.

Happy days. As i8 would say, jammie dodgers all round 

Are the dafties on this thread the same ones that implode at various points through the season, now think Hibs are an amazing footballing side and finally think Shankland is fat and shite?

Just joining the dots.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Ongoing relationship with JB Contracts is considered as arms length arrangement. 

:rofl:

It’s genuinely worth looking at JB Contracts pre stadium accounts to see how much they were earning then compared to now :lol:

We pay a CEO (god knows how much) now and the ladies team and management more now I guess. There’s a fair wack.

decent accounts.

Edited by 1971fozzy

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Are the dafties on this thread the same ones that implode at various points through the season, now think Hibs are an amazing footballing side and finally think Shankland is fat and shite?

Just joining the dots.

But many dafties agree :lol:

Bungalow Bill

Thing is with James Anderson’s money, we know we’re getting it and spend it accordingly. If we weren’t getting it, we’d be cutting our cloth accordingly. 

Bungalow Bill
1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

I'm not massively worried about finances.  But definitely should use them better for football side of things.

James Anderson wouldn’t give us £4.5 million to purely spend on the football team, not a chance. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Is it ? 

A mere half a million quid, boss man.

Business is booooooooming.

Great for him that he was the best man for the job.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Do the accounts mention our debt to Budge and when it will be paid off . . ?

They say 1m was paid off in that financial year. Budge earned a wedge of interest so there’s 2m+ left to pay by the looks of things 

Voice of reason
8 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Accounts are fine. Club thinks their fine, media think their fine. Opposition supporters think their fine.

The JKB goon squad want everyone sacked and clarificashun why there's not £50m sat in the bank account.

The thing is that the accounts aren’t even just fine - they are really good. As any decent business owner would do, they are spending the money on big capital projects, whilst we have it, so that turnover is improved for the next 20 or 30 years and the club’s future is secured long-term. Really happy with the direction we are going in. Anytime you make a profit whilst spending significantly on long-term assets is great. Hearts are in a fantastic position to really push on over the next few years. Great to see.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
5 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Thing is with James Anderson’s money, we know we’re getting it and spend it accordingly. If we weren’t getting it, we’d be cutting our cloth accordingly. 

Is true. Our football expenditure isn’t the problem. The problem is the club’s inability to invest that expenditure well 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

A mere half a million quid, boss man.

Business is booooooooming.

Great for him that he was the best man for the job.

Oh right I am not that familiar with the accounts of Hibs supporting building companies . Good job we have you here to keep a track of these things . Far more interested in the fact our turnover is three times that of when his sister first took over . You know , relevant things to any Hearts supporter 

Do is a favour @Dusk_Till_Dawn ? Go and start a thread on Budges brothers accounts in the Shed ? It is ****ing boring reading about it on a thread about our record breaking turnover and off field progress . Thanks big felly :) 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Sooks said:

Oh right I am not that familiar with the accounts of Hibs supporting building companies . Good job we have you here to keep a track of these things . Far more interested in the fact our turnover is three times that of when his sister first took over . You know , relevant things to any Hearts supporter 

Far more interested because you hadn’t actually looked, were stabbing in the dark and then found out he’d made some good coin, which you’d have know if you’d actually read the club accounts. 

Our turnover is really good but the increase is in no small part down to European money which will fall again significantly in this financial year.

Plus, we were a commercial shambles under Romanov so the turnover wasn't difficult to increase. But to give the board their due, they have succeeded in making it rise pretty sharply.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Do is a favour @Dusk_Till_Dawn ? Go and start a thread on Budges brothers accounts in the Shed ? It is ****ing boring reading about it on a thread about our record breaking turnover and off field progress . Thanks big felly :) 

It’s there in the club accounts chief. I get that you hadn’t read them before lashing out but the detail is there, and it’s relevant to this thread. 

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Far more interested because you hadn’t actually looked, were stabbing in the dark and then found out he’d made some good coin, which you’d have know if you’d actually read the club accounts. 

Our turnover is really good but the increase is in no small part down to European money which will fall again significantly in this financial year.

Plus, we were a commercial shambles under Romanov so the turnover wasn't difficult to increase. But to give the board their due, they have succeeded in making it rise pretty sharply.

No I said “ is it “ , the bored tone was implied

You are obsessed with her brothers companys accounts . It is Hibs forum levels of unhealthy 

10 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

James Anderson wouldn’t give us £4.5 million to purely spend on the football team, not a chance. 

I know. But his involvement let's us grow without touching our own finances. Will need him if we are to build new academy.

Once you strip out JA donations and the Conference prize money, its hard to feel overly optimistic about the results. Although, breaking that £20m barrier is a milestone.

I know as they are there, my point is strictly hypothetical, but group stage football is temporary - was it very early 00s when non-OF teams last enjoyed this? And, benefactors aren't permanent fixtures of our revenue stream. 

I hope once the hotel is sorted, we'll see more income added and the academy to finally start pulling its own weight. The gravity of our failings on the academy are quite something. Player trading too, when we do sell a player, I can't think of a time where we've really got good value - Osman Sow? 

I really hope to see Savage improve things on that front (academy and player sales).

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

His success on the pitch generated most of the year on year growth in turnover.  Hard for you to accept or acknowledge I know but thems  the facts in black and white. 

I'm referring to last season. The advantages he had over the rest and yet we fell to where we did.

Savage should also hang his head in shame.

24 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

£175k (highest paid director).

Guess that’s the going rate. Recent spats and rants will hopefully be discussed in his pdp 🤣. Won’t hold my breath

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

I know as they are there, my point is strictly hypothetical, but group stage football is temporary - was it very early 00s when non-OF teams last enjoyed this? And, benefactors aren't permanent fixtures of our revenue stream. 

Unless UEFA re-invent the format again we need to finish 3rd this season as next will be the last time anyone out with the Weegie pair play in the groups again for the foreseeable. 2 out of the 3 free passes would overall be a reasonable success. 1 out of the 3 free passes would be a total failure. 

We should be able to keep that level of spending for next few years without affecting FFP in Europe. As long as Anderson is willing to give us the cash that is.

11 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

I'm referring to last season. The advantages he had over the rest and yet we fell to where we did.

How would the late failure to secure 3rd place have affected the 2022/23 accounts ?

Geoff Kilpatrick
2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

How would the late failure to secure 3rd place have affected the 2022/23 accounts ?

Whoosh! I'm talking about the budget differential we generated for that season. Not being able to take advantage of that is what I'm referring to.

13 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Unless UEFA re-invent the format again we need to finish 3rd this season as next will be the last time anyone out with the Weegie pair play in the groups again for the foreseeable. 2 out of the 3 free passes would overall be a reasonable success. 1 out of the 3 free passes would be a total failure. 

Yep. Need to make sure that money comes to us. 

Praying Naismith sorts out the form. Especially with Halks and Gordon back soon. 

periodictabledancer
44 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Does anyone know what it's earmarked for ? No agenda, genuine question.

7 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Whoosh! I'm talking about the budget differential we generated for that season. Not being able to take advantage of that is what I'm referring to.

Ah ok, misunderstood you.   

However unless you know what Aberdeen's  incoming transfer budget was, how do you know we had an advantage ?  Regardless of whether we had an advantage, did anyone expect Robson to suddenly get his team winning a string of matches ... while our team focus was being harmed by some kind of dressing room fall-out that Robbie couldn't fix  ?     Budgets had little to do with it, imo

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Increase in Eva's budget, she will be well chuffed

:trippin:

Well thats all i needed to know about the Accounts. Well done Hearts and AB.

Bazzas right boot

Club could save a fortune on staff wages.

Just employ some oof the experts on here-

Accountants, architects, scouts, manager, dof, sports dieticians, sports physios amongst other professions all rolled into one.

Save a fortune on wages and biscuits!

Thunder and Lightning

Why is anyone daring to ask a question or seek info on a particular aspect of the accounts shouted down? 

Surely as owners and shareholders it's exactly what should be happening? 

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

Ah ok, misunderstood you.   

However unless you know what Aberdeen's  incoming transfer budget was, how do you know we had an advantage ?  Regardless of whether we had an advantage, did anyone expect Robson to suddenly get his team winning a string of matches ... while our team focus was being harmed by some kind of dressing room fall-out that Robbie couldn't fix  ?     Budgets had little to do with it, imo

It's fair that the Robson run at Aberdeen was a fluke but when we humped them 5-0 in January they weren't even in our thoughts. That collapse we suffered to even allow that comeback to happen is beyond belief.

We've made £120,000 prize money from the League Cup plus whatever we got from the semi-final gate/TV money. None of that last season.

Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

Why is anyone daring to ask a question or seek info on a particular aspect of the accounts shouted down? 

Surely as owners and shareholders it's exactly what should be happening? 

They aren’t. There is, as you are well aware year on year the same voices who shout nonsense and claim nonsense in order to try and be a troll. People who ask sensible questions and who debate valid things there is plenty of good responses on both sides. 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
3 hours ago, loveofthegame said:

A lot of us aren’t accountants. I still believe we are entitled to question how we’re struggling to turn a profit on our highest ever turnover. It’s not like any of the investment is equating to any kind of success on the pitch which might justify a struggle on the profit front. An unfinished stadium, an unfinished vanity hotel project, an average football side.

But according to you we should just baaa at whatever we’re fed by the Board?!

Your analogy is also shite as for £200 I’d have expected to have a better night out…

We are not struggling to make a profit, we are reinvesting to minimise our tax liability. Corporation Tax rate for non-ring fence profits is 25% for profits above £250,000. So, if we show a £4.25m profit, we have to cough up a cool £1m to the Exchequer.

40 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Nothing to do with a financial results thread then. 

August Landmesser
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip.

No idea why folk see it differently.

Because they have an agenda and are being deliberately obtuse, or they're interlopers on the windup, or they're just not thinking it through (as politely as I could phrase that)! 

Sub4TiddlerMurray
6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Club could save a fortune on staff wages.

Just employ some oof the experts on here-

Accountants, architects, scouts, manager, dof, sports dieticians, sports physios amongst other professions all rolled into one.

Save a fortune on wages and biscuits!

Not necessarily! A lot of these experts regularly take the biscuit 

Geoff Kilpatrick
3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Nothing to do with a financial results thread then. 

Everything to do with it given the budgetary advantages we created and the guaranteed European prize money that funded it.

25 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No idea what a budget differential is but the increase in turnover in 22/23 was circa £6m.  Circa £5m of that came from uefa prizemoney and increased gate receipts - whichever way you want to look at it that’s nearly all coming from what happened on the pitch. Neilson was responsible for managing that at the time.  Similarly he should take a share of  the blame for the 23/24 results not being so clever. 

20 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Does anyone know what it's earmarked for ? No agenda, genuine question.

For infrastructure. Stand, hotel and will be for new academy.

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Everything to do with it given the budgetary advantages we created and the guaranteed European prize money that funded it.

What budget advantages? In income terms we were just playing catch up with Hibs and Aberdeen based on their significant player sales in recent years. None of us have a clue as to what Aberdeen and Hibs budgets were.