Accounts

Agentjambo

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

problem is .  The increased spend doesn’t necessarily mean better players. 

Becuase the football market is getting away from us.

e.g Ginelly we couldn’t afford to keep, Souttar we couldn’t afford to keep and a well respected poster on here saying we can’t keep Beni either.

bang for buck is reducing year on year

I think we have much better players than in the Levein and Stendel eras tbh 

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sooks

• soonbe110

• Bazzas right boot

• Selkirkhmfc1874

1 hour ago, Bender said:

Lose that and we're cutting costs rather dramatically. By roughly 1/5th of the total turnover posted today. 

Donations are in lieu of a main sponsor though as part of his philanthropy to support MND Scotland (previously Save the Children). 

We could go out and find a sponsor of around 4m instead ?

1 minute ago, jambo19 said:

Donations are in lieu of a main sponsor though as part of his philanthropy to support MND Scotland (previously Save the Children). 

We could go out and find a sponsor of around 4m instead ?

Seriously doubt we could get close to a quarter of that for a shirt sponsor . Wonga was our biggest ever and it was somewhere between 50 and 100 thousand if I remember right 

2 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

So our benefactor still investing plenty  money into club and some were calling him out last week. 😳

Madness eh ? We have some interesting supporters out there 

It looks like we've had a good idea of income and spent accordingly.  

We won't have stadium upgrades and hotel construction every year. Plus we've invested a fair bit into player wages and looks like a relatively significant spend on player transfers as well.

Looks pretty obvious that we are happy to get these larger infrastructure projects done when Anderson is still happy to pay in so that long term we see the benefits.

10 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Any mention of Hickeys sell on fee? 

there's no sell on fee.. we accepted a lump sum £423K 

jamboinglasgow
40 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

We'll be in good shape when we start doing better in the transfer arena

Think that can often be missed when considering how well we have done with revenue. I saw one twitter account say that our turnover is the largest ever for a non-Old Firm club and thats with no transfer sales (yes it is thanks to European revenue) but if we can get into selling a couple of players each season for decent money then it will make a big difference on top of the revenue.

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Think that can often be missed when considering how well we have done with revenue. I saw one twitter account say that our turnover is the largest ever for a non-Old Firm club and thats with no transfer sales (yes it is thanks to European revenue) but if we can get into selling a couple of players each season for decent money then it will make a big difference on top of the revenue.

Or, it'll mean Anderson has to put in less for us to break even

Diadora Van Basten

I just look at the bottom line and as long as we aren’t losing money that’s all I need to know.

Everything else can be seen by following the going on at the club.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

IMO they are a bit meh, given the boost in income from our ECL participation plus slightly increased donations.  I had hoped that more of the debt to AB would have been paid off, but the club appears to have focussed more on off field activities including the hotel and increased non football staff numbers (doing what?).

On the football side, staff costs will have increased by bonuses for ECL involvement and the operation of the B Team.

Thanks for that, can only think the non football staff are in the shop and restaurant/kitchen. 

12 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

We won't have stadium upgrades and hotel construction every year. Plus we've invested a fair bit into player wages and looks like a relatively significant spend on player transfers as well.

Looks pretty obvious that we are happy to get these larger infrastructure projects done when Anderson is still happy to pay in so that long term we see the benefits.

Exactly how I see it 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Correct.

£1m paid towards AB's loan. Still £2.1m outstanding.

Seem to have made a fair bit of capital expenditure. £1.3m spent on plant and equipment and a further £1.1m on "assets under construction" (hotel?) 

How the **** can we still be owe AB £2 million ? Unbelievable really 

kingantti1874
33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I think we have much better players than in the Levein and Stendel eras tbh 

yes but not as good if we were spending the same amount in that era.  Wage bill is nearly double. 

16 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Joined up thinking.

Something of a novelty on here.

Bravo.

17 minutes ago, jambotony said:

there's no sell on fee.. we accepted a lump sum £423k

In your dreams we did.  You’re a quarter of a million over estimating! 

7 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

yes but not as good if we were spending the same amount in that era.  Wage bill is nearly double. 

Finishing much higher and more players by head count though too . Five sub rule and competing in more competitions against teams of a higher standard . I see it as growth and improvement . Turning over vastly more cash and that is allowing us to invest more in the squad to see us performing better . Just how Inview things like this . My philosophy is turnover more and more money each season and the sum of money that percentage translates to can spend on players will keep increasing . If we have the right man at the helm then that sort of resource could allow him to do better in each competition 

Edited by Sooks

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

There will always be something to be upgraded though, whether thats new seats, training facilities etc. 

ToadKiller Dog

Growth is good ,money from FOH and James Anderson is a positive not a negative .more inferstructure improvements good .

No real worries with the accounts .

In the end results on the pitch are king for a football club ,we will get that right at some point .

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

There will always be something to be upgraded though, whether thats new seats, training facilities etc. 

Of course, but not on the scale we've seen in recent years. Operational costs were very large this year. We'd not invest in some of that without Anderson. 

1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

problem is .  The increased spend doesn’t necessarily mean better players. 

Becuase the football market is getting away from us.

e.g Ginelly we couldn’t afford to keep, Souttar we couldn’t afford to keep and a well respected poster on here saying we can’t keep Beni either.

bang for buck is reducing year on year

Who’s the well respected poster and what’s he said?

16 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Great set of results . Only a Hibs fan would think otherwise 🤔

They will be keeping that thread to their PM board for the time being . Expect a five pager to just miraculously appear all of a sudden :lol:

colinmorewasgash
28 minutes ago, ramrod said:

How the **** can we still be owe AB £2 million ? Unbelievable really 

Yeah considering she gave that to her brother for stadium to fix but hey ho and used FOH money to finish it when it was overbudget oh well.

37 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Correct.  Hopefully the hotel will turn from being a drain on  expenditure to a net  income stream in the next couple of years.  I guess the idea of  building our own training facilities somewhere will have raised its head by then though.

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

We'll be in good shape when we start doing better in the transfer arena

Yep, selling a player for a few million is the most likely way of getting  a substantial increase  in our income.  A lot of things have to come together for that to happen though - including persuading our most saleable player(s) to sign a 3 year contract  on the basis of trust that  we'd listen to offers after 2.

colinmorewasgash

16m foh money and we still haven't paid her off seems a bit suss to me wheres it been going. That should have been paid off by now. Looks to me like she has used club funds and foh for stadium overbudget covid etc using funds also for hotel leaving her initial loan accruing interest over 10 years and Foh were happy with this.

59 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Think that’s been the plan all along together with our philanthropic activities ie Big Hearts, Save the Children, MND Scotland etc. 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, colinmorewasgash said:

16m foh money and we still haven't paid her off seems a bit suss to me wheres it been going. That should have been paid off by now. Looks to me like she has used club funds and foh for stadium overbudget covid etc using funds also for hotel leaving her initial loan accruing interest over 10 years and Foh were happy with this.

The original loan was paid off almost 3 years ago. AB then provided new funds to cover cash flow during covid and the overspend on the stand.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

She’d have accrued more interest in a low risk savings account. Dont look for conspiracies where there are none.   The main stand, the facilities it provides are the main reason our turnover has exploded.  And we haven’t even seen the full benefit yet. 

You can thank Ann budge for what’s she’s done to put us in this position, whilst simultaneously demanding more on the pitch. 

24 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

These results are an even bigger indictment on Neilson.

His success on the pitch generated most of the year on year growth in turnover.  Hard for you to accept or acknowledge I know but thems  the facts in black and white. 

17 minutes ago, colinmorewasgash said:

Yeah considering she gave that to her brother for stadium to fix but hey ho and used FOH money to finish it when it was overbudget oh well.

Has this version of events not been proven to be hyperbolic pish by someone on here who was involved in the stand build and stadium improvements ? May be wrong but I am sure I read this getting slapped down a bit the last time it was posted 

Malinga the Swinga

Given the expected comments from vermin interlopers, quite happy with the accounts.

When they resort to the default anti Budge comments you know that there are no real problems.

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, Ivan Drago said:

Still relying on benefactor donations

It's this time of year again I see...

Without the benefactor donations, we would've spent less and our profit/loss would've been the same, but our turnover would be lower.

We don't spend money that we don't have, donations are budgeted for, and James Anderson is not the only thing keeping the lights on 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

She’d have accrued more interest in a low risk savings account. Dont look for conspiracies where there are none.   The main stand, the facilities it provides are the main reason our turnover has exploded.  And we haven’t even seen the full benefit yet. 

You can thank Ann budge for what’s she’s done to put us in this position, whilst simultaneously demanding more on the pitch. 

She also never took a wage in the ten years she has been here . The interest she will have accrued would be a fraction of the going rate for those sort of salaries  

Thunder and Lightning
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I believe I read on here (so accuracy is not guaranteed) that her loans are at market rate. So she would make much more from loans to us than the money sitting in a savings account. 

As noted above, I don't know if the rate thing is true. 

colinmorewasgash

I know how finance works what is always said is she used her funds to cover covid and overbudget of stand yet she stated that it was thanks to foh and benefactors for completing stand even though one floor wasnt completed. Anyway good results but if its fan owned it isnt really as we havent paid back the initial loan to me doesn't read like new loan we still owe her but I ll leave the finance gurus to .net 

Keeping the spending high will allow to take advantage of our benefactors more over the seasons. Sure it does have some effect when comes to financial fair play. But could be wrong.

So the benefactors cash allows us the extra money needed to challenge aberdeen/hibs.  Take away that extra cash and I’d imagine we will toil.

just shows how incompetent the folk are running the club. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
17 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

I believe I read on here (so accuracy is not guaranteed) that her loans are at market rate. So she would make much more from loans to us than the money sitting in a savings account. 

As noted above, I don't know if the rate thing is true. 

it says very clearly in the accounts that she earns interest at market rate. Almost 150k in the financial year covered by them.

IMG_3605.jpeg

Edited by Dusk_Till_Dawn

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Yip.

No idea why folk see it differently.

I continue to believe that there are lots of positive projects (despite some overspend and budgeting issues for infrastructure projects) going on off the park. Clearly we have some very experienced, qualified and successful people in the mix when it comes to building a far stronger base for our clubs future. 

My biggest questions would still surround who is spending the money on the football side of the club and whether they are anywhere near good neigh to be given that role. Frankly we are still getting nowhere near value for money when it comes to on field performance. Not only that we fell short last season of their stated aim which will be reflected in next years accounts and obviously the knock on impact of poor recruitment has seen us fail to make any money of note from the sale of players.

The idea that Anderson will pull the rug from under us seems highly improbable and I expect him to continue to drip feed money into the club for many years to come. The way this is done, I understand there may be tax incentives for him to do so as well. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Bazzas right boot
52 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

These results are an even bigger indictment on Neilson.

Depends on Aberdeens finances really.

The European money was also paid at the end of the season, it's not paid upfront. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip.

No idea why folk see it differently.

Accounts are fine. Club thinks their fine, media think their fine. Opposition supporters think their fine.

The JKB goon squad want everyone sacked and clarificashun why there's not £50m sat in the bank account.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Accounts are fine. Club thinks their fine, media think their fine. Opposition supporters think their fine.

The JKB goon squad want everyone sacked and clarificashun why there's not £50m sat in the bank account.

Goons will be goons.