Should Naismith , Mcavoy and Forrest be sacked?

Selkirkhmfc1874

Should Naismith , Mcavoy and Forrest be sacked?  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Should Naismith , Mcavoy and Forrest be sacked.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/23 at 00:00

1 hour ago, Skippy Doodle said:

We can only deal with the facts in front of us at the moment. We had the joint best defensive record prior to Sunday and yes it may look very different next week

We had the joint best defensive record case we hadn't conceded our 6-8 goals from OF games and other teams had. 

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• GinRummy

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Dazo

1 hour ago, Skippy Doodle said:

We can only deal with the facts in front of us at the moment. We had the joint best defensive record prior to Sunday and yes it may look very different next week

Joint third best after Sunday with the potential to 8th or 9th after this coming Sunday. Doubt we will be in top three after first round of games 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 25/10/2023 at 15:09, kingantti1874 said:

the only managerial candidate out there right now who’d unite the support would be Paulo. 

in 6 months once we’ve lost a few games 40 % of the board would be accusing the board of appointing him on the basis of past glories, and pointing out that his league record wasn’t actually that great and that there were no mitigating circumstances.

i have no idea what the answer is

He got thumped 4 off Celtic the game before we beat them in the semi but he did win at Tynecastle earlier in that season 

2 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

He got thumped 4 off Celtic the game before we beat them in the semi but he did win at Tynecastle earlier in that season 

Got pumped 5 the week before the cup final as well

PS left 11 years ago, FFS move on, what is it with Hearts fans and bringing back ex employees, no wonder the current board keeps employing coaches from along the corridor 

Selkirkhmfc1874
23 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Joint third best after Sunday with the potential to 8th or 9th after this coming Sunday. Doubt we will be in top three after first round of games 

We'll never again get a better fixture list to start a season and have totally fcked it up 

23 hours ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

We'll never again get a better fixture list to start a season and have totally fcked it up 

f....g totally........

Gorgie Garcon

Regardless of tactics and style of play or of they would be a good fit for Hearts or not, it always stems down to managers such as McInnes and Robinson that there is always a clear message that players 100% know their jobs and what is expected of them. We never seem to have that. Every game I look at a lineup and worry, as I can't see what the plan is. Then they take to the pitch and it's worse 😬.

Their players, on paper may not be as good or blessed with better ability, but they always seem to give them full effort every week and seem very professional in regarding their preparation going into every game. We just seem to bumble along all the time, reverting back to a very poor culture that cannot be shook off until a complete gut out is required.

We continue to pledge and take fan ownership, however have never felt so distant from the club regarding what we want to see on the park.

Players need to hold themselves accountable for not performing, but I do think at the same time the vast majority of these players do not respect Naismith and the coaching staff... right now, I don't blame them. 

Edited by Gorgie Garcon

10 hours ago, Gorgie Garcon said:

Regardless of tactics and style of play or of they would be a good fit for Hearts or not, it always stems down to managers such as McInnes and Robinson that there is always a clear message that players 100% know their jobs and what is expected of them. We never seem to have that. Every game I look at a lineup and worry, as I can't see what the plan is. Then they take to the pitch and it's worse 😬.

Their players, on paper may not be as good or blessed with better ability, but they always seem to give them full effort every week and seem very professional in regarding their preparation going into every game. We just seem to bumble along all the time, reverting back to a very poor culture that cannot be shook off until a complete gut out is required.

We continue to pledge and take fan ownership, however have never felt so distant from the club regarding what we want to see on the park.

Players need to hold themselves accountable for not performing, but I do think at the same time the vast majority of these players do not respect Naismith and the coaching staff... right now, I don't blame them. 

Yep it is quite clear we should be going after Robinson. 

Style is used as some sort of defence for sticking with this coaching team. EH! In my fifty odd years of going along to Tynecastle I have never been so bored with the football on show. We are a pushover sitting target for anyone. It seems the current coaching team will stick to this failing model and cannot adapt to the reality of the game here, and this model has been used at all levels in our club over a long time, no wonder we produce so very little from our kids. Yet we do not want this manager, we do not want that coach, "it is hoof ball, it is negative". What is wrong with a fit, organised ( basics ) hard to beat team? We have good players, enviable resources, with the right platform, exciting football will/would follow. The empty seats not long into the second half against Celtic is a warning not to be ignored. Change or be changed.

pettigrewsstylist
On 26/10/2023 at 14:07, HopeDiouf said:

We had the joint best defensive record case we hadn't conceded our 6-8 goals from OF games and other teams had. 

Statbuster right there.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Skacelsid said:

Style is used as some sort of defence for sticking with this coaching team. EH! In my fifty odd years of going along to Tynecastle I have never been so bored with the football on show. We are a pushover sitting target for anyone. It seems the current coaching team will stick to this failing model and cannot adapt to the reality of the game here, and this model has been used at all levels in our club over a long time, no wonder we produce so very little from our kids. Yet we do not want this manager, we do not want that coach, "it is hoof ball, it is negative". What is wrong with a fit, organised ( basics ) hard to beat team? We have good players, enviable resources, with the right platform, exciting football will/would follow. The empty seats not long into the second half against Celtic is a warning not to be ignored. Change or be changed.

We have tried to be far too clever for far too long IMO.

Trying to get limited players to play systems that their talent, character and/or temperament wont allow. Our budget apparently cant resource that. Aye right.

As for injuries....Public Enquiry wouldnt be overkill.

The fuhrer will never let any external (outside the cicle) party in to the club, she wont let that happen again after Stendel. She does not want anyone pointing out the countless failings. Neilson and his team of amateurs would never have and Naismith and his team of amateurs certainly will not. They just nod away and ask no queations.

Any half decent experienced manager who knows the circuit would feel they are in a non league club after half a day:

Amateur fitness levels

Lack of focus on youth

Too much focus on women's team and community projects

Continued rewarding of failure

Mentally weak

Sub standard medical team

Sub standard coaching

Sub standard recruitment

Zero accountability after defeats

Far too nice and friendly

Managers wearing hoodies and shorts on the touchline

Never exploiting opponents weak spots but continuing to let the opponent exploit ours

Extremely poor player conditioning

Too much staff for the work required. Job creation has been rife with this lot

Far too many footballing decisions being made by non footballing people

Always seeming less prepared than our opponent

pettigrewsstylist

Need to give a new mgmt team a full set of league fixtures before too much comment IMO. The ECL and LEague cup games help to broaden that sample quantity.

Worth remembering this mgmt team knew the club and key personalities, so no settling period really.

They had a free hit of half a dozen fixtures to gauge the playing sqaud they already knew and very soon thereafter,, a transfer window to address their observations.

They had a full pre season to train/coach/mentor and implement/improve performance.

Not many new mgmt teams get all of those benefits upon appointment.

The OF games are a sideshow these days and count for very little in final league table.

We had a great league fixture schedule to ease us thro the ECL period and till now. 

Dont see anything at mo to suggest we can be top four come May.

We had a 28 goal striker for the first time in 30 years. His individual quality in Rosenborg away goal probably covered his salary for the year alone. Last week he showed what he has in the locker again with a superb indivudual goal. Losing Gino, without a replacement recruited, is a big failing of our recruitment.

Our injury list continues to seriously undermine any momentum and is a farce.

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

The fuhrer will never let any external (outside the cicle) party in to the club, she wont let that happen again after Stendel. She does not want anyone pointing out the countless failings. Neilson and his team of amateurs would never have and Naismith and his team of amateurs certainly will not. They just nod away and ask no queations.

Any half decent experienced manager who knows the circuit would feel they are in a non league club after half a day:

Amateur fitness levels

Lack of focus on youth

Mentally weak

Sub standard coaching

Sub standard recruitment

Never exploiting opponents weak spots but continuing to let the opponent exploit ours

Apart from that i think we are doing ok

We're rotten. I just have to accept that's the new way. Success on the pitch is just an afterthought to commercial success.  Hopefully one day this will be used correctly to push for trophies.  

Thank feck St Johnstone are even worse or wed be bottom soon.

This management team are going to embarrass Hearts. I suspect we're in for a fecking hiding today and next weekend. 

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Amateur fitness levels

Lack of focus on youth

Mentally weak

Sub standard coaching

Sub standard recruitment

Award winning restaurant, successful women's team  terrible mens team   but  2 out of 3 aint bad !!

Sadly Johnny Rotten's quote 'ever get the feeling you've been cheated' starting to resonate with fans. 

16 hours ago, Gorgie Garcon said:

And yet they finish below us. 

As for your last comment. You’ve just made that up. 😂

Sacking Robbie and replacing him with Naisy looked a horrendous call at the time by the board.

Sadly this is becoming the teality.

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

Sacking Robbie and replacing him with Naisy looked a horrendous call at the time by the board.

Sadly this is becoming the teality.

You should avoid my I'm a believer thread. We don't much care for non believers

6 hours ago, karipidis said:

Yep it is quite clear we should be going after Robinson. 

Its a no-brainer now. He's the manager we should be after. 

rudi must stay
Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

If our Board had any clue at all they should be all over Stephen Robinson.

Robinson is this decades Terry Butcher. Way overrated, his teams just batter the opposition never seen them score a nice goal. The thing is though big clubs will be after him and he won't do anything for them. Outside the box I'd go for Stephen Craigan

12 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No chance, wish people would stop creaming themselves over Robinson, Mcinnes ect, we could attract better managers than they pair

rudi must stay
Just now, 1874Jambo said:

No chance, wish people would stop creaming themselves over Robinson, Mcinnes ect, we could attract better managers than they pair

100% Mark Hughes would be good, Tony Mowbray could do well, Muscat would be good and Michael Beale. My choice would be Beale he really impressed me with his honesty 

25 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

22 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Robinson is this decades Terry Butcher. Way overrated, his teams just batter the opposition never seen them score a nice goal. The thing is though big clubs will be after him and he won't do anything for them. Outside the box I'd go for Stephen Craigan

11 minutes ago, 1874Jambo said:

8 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

100% Mark Hughes would be good, Tony Mowbray could do well, Muscat would be good and Michael Beale. My choice would be Beale he really impressed me with his honesty 

If this board have even a tiny chance of getting the next appointment right, they need to 100% totally ignore the opinions of JKB

Anyone they have in mind should be the best available manager in our budget range, no projects or in-house candidates 

Its there call, whether that’s Derek McInnes or Neil Lennon, it’s on them, if they pay heed to a fans forum we are in a bigger mess than we think we are.

Edited by jbee647

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, jbee647 said:

If this board have even a tiny chance of getting the next appointment right, they need to 100% totally ignore the opinions of JKB

Anyone they have in mind should be the best available manager in our budget range, no projects or in-house candidates 

Its there call whether that’s Derek McInnes or Neil Lennon, it’s on them, if they pay heed to a fans forum we are in a bigger mess than we think we are.

Well who would you go for

This thread has gone very quiet. 
None of the frothers feel the need to complement when there is something positive to say. 
Tough half ahead but first half played really well in a very difficult environment. 
PLEEEEASE LET THAT BE TOBY’S BRAINFART. 

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Sid said:

None of the frothers feel the need to complement when there is something positive to say. 
Tough half ahead but first half played really well in a very difficult environment. 

:laugh2:

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Sid said:

🤦‍♂️

Naismith has bought himself some time with that performance. 

Last two games at Ibrox have been better than most the past ten years. 

Tough one to take…

2 minutes ago, Mirror said:

9am tomorrow, all 3 sacked.

🙏

Are we just ignoring the whole performance today? For 90 minutes today we were deservedly in front. By no means were we brilliant but it’s our best performance I’ve seen at Ibrox in a long time. Naismith isn’t responsible for Haring grabbing hold of an opposition players shirt in the box. There are some things that shouldn’t even need to be said.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, basscom said:

Tough one to take…

How has he bought himself time?

He's had 23 games and won 8.

Absolutely brutal stuff.

Honestly give it a break about the management when will folk open their eyes and see our current squad is poor. Maybe we'll get better when some boys with injuries return but every club has to deal with them.

How many players would you care if they left in January? For me I could easily count them on one hand

Second time this season that I have seen something that gives me a bit of hope from the management team . Not going to slaughter them for that today . We were the better team in the first half and just ran out of steam in a second half where they threw the sink at us . I have made feeling about the management team clear , but I am not adding that to my list of reasons I do not fancy them . Management and players deserve a lot of credit 

2 minutes ago, Fejka said:

Are we just ignoring the whole performance today? For 90 minutes today we were deservedly in front. By no means were we brilliant but it’s our best performance I’ve seen at Ibrox in a long time. Naismith isn’t responsible for Haring grabbing hold of an opposition players shirt in the box. There are some things that shouldn’t even need to be said.

How many points does a good performance give you?

Football is all about results and we're great at not getting any.

4 minutes ago, basscom said:

Tough one to take…

Our performance was feeble, putting 10 players in our own box and still losing doesn't get pass marks for me.

Just now, Jambo92 said:

Our performance was feeble, putting 10 players in our own box and still losing doesn't get pass marks for me.

Horses for courses. Naismith deserves praise for today, I’ve been critical of him most of the season.

Just now, Mirror said:

How many points does a good performance give you?

Football is all about results and we're great at not getting any.

Yep. Keep losing and we're getting dragged into mid table bottom 6. Need to start picking up some points if we want to meet any sort of expectations this season. 

5 minutes ago, basscom said:

Tough one to take…

What are you talking about, what performance, it was park the bus in front of our goals, kick it anywhere and wait for it coming back again.

Bloody hell, you’re easily pleased

InternationalJambo

Encouraging reaction to last week but yet again I thought the in game decision were baffling. If he can get that level of performance out of the team the next two games then I’ll be hopeful but I can’t see it unfortunately. Massive two games coming up for him. 

Nearly got it right today to be fair to them. Doesn’t relieve any pressure whatsoever though.

I wish they would realise that enforced substitutions doesn’t mean we have to make 3 or 4 further alterations to the defence to make it work. Done it against Hibs and at it again today

• davemclaren locked this topic