Should Naismith , Mcavoy and Forrest be sacked?

Selkirkhmfc1874

Should Naismith , Mcavoy and Forrest be sacked?  

340 members have voted

1. 1. Should Naismith , Mcavoy and Forrest be sacked.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/11/23 at 00:00

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricardo Quaresma

• GinRummy

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Dazo

I’m not bothering to vote but each individual fan will have his own idea when a manager has to go. I’m at that stage with Naismith after Sunday. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
10 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Is there not another thread for exactly this purpose?

People change opinions 

Not yet. Still far too early for that. 

Managers have took far longer in post than Naismith has been, and managed to turn things around. 

If we sack Naismith now, or anyone else for that matter, we just go back to the Vlad years .... it would be no different to back then 

I do recognise, however, the overall concerns and also that we need an uplift and something better from the team, performance wise, and moving forward 

There was no fight on Sunday and Naismith needs to lay down the law to the squad, and get the performances lifted pronto 

I am hoping he turns things around but if I am certain on one thing, that is that if we do replace him, down the line, there should be an assessment at Board level, and before any further recruitment of managers take place 

Absolute on the above point. 

And the players. They need to remember who they are playing for and not treat this like some summer holiday camp 

I wanted Naismith to work but it’s just not happening. Had the best run of fixtures we could ask for and has struggled for wins. He promised us front foot attacking football but we are struggling to score and I just can’t see it working. I think it’s time we had a clear out and went and got ourselves a manager with a bit experience, who that is I’ve no idea but we can’t just plod on as things are. It’s still early enough in the season to salvage a good campaign but the board need to be decisive. 

underwaterwoodwelder

Not yet need to raise there game against teams that raise there game against us.

Sort out our midfield please 

I voted yes as they should, of course. However, I see no point in it as long as the Führer and her lackey's are here to pick their replacement. They would only slide everyone along. Fox, Webster and Eva would replace them.

I think they know themselves how bad it all would look interviewing an 'outsider' with the candidate on one side and the most unqualified in footballing terms people interviewing them. 

From what I have heard even Anderson would be part of the interviewers. So you would have the fat weegie farting champ, Tattie Heid, Budge and Anderson on the case. **** me. 

It is like going to interview for a job as a food critic and getting interviewed by someone suffering from Anorexia Nervosa.

Edited by i8hibsh

What a time to be alive . People are now nodding along with the Hearts equivalent of the flat earth society venting their 8 at people who saved the club and playing their bongos as they howl at the moon 

Yes.  Before it all turns ugly. Good knows how you sort out the folk in the boardroom though who I just wouldn’t trust to make any right appointment to replace SN.

I voted yes  because when I can’t be arsed going to a home game v livingston , dreading a semi v rangers  then somethings rotten.

As suggested above, though without the führer reference (a bit ott there i8) the root problem is at boardroom level.

A competent one would not have appointed a rookie coach without badges and caused the ensuing UEFA farce with McAvoy.

I'm not saying all footballers are simple but a squad of them need clear and obvious instruction as to who's in charge.

There can't be any grey areas and most boards, apart from HMFC's, know that.

Unless there are big changes in those hiring and firing, or they, themselves, experience some kind of epiphany, HMFC will continue to malfunction and under achieve.

8 minutes ago, martoon said:

As suggested above, though without the führer reference (a bit ott there i8) the root problem is at boardroom level.

A competent one would not have appointed a rookie coach without badges and caused the ensuing UEFA farce with McAvoy.

I'm not saying all footballers are simple but a squad of them need clear and obvious instruction as to who's in charge.

There can't be any grey areas and most boards, apart from HMFC's, know that.

Unless there are big changes in those hiring and firing, or they, themselves, experience some kind of epiphany, HMFC will continue to malfunction and under achieve.

Indeed, and it is disturbing that so many people appear to be in complete denial about this. A list of the fiascos perpetrated by the various boards since we emerged from administration with regard to what they refer to as the “football department” would not make for pretty reading. Naive, bumbling, dilatory, downright incompetent.

And the particular instance to which you refer above was an absolute beauty. Again, the sages and denialists on here were insistent that it was of no significance whatsoever. Nothing to see here.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

I voted yes as they should, of course. However, I see no point in it as long as the Führer and her lackey's are here to pick their replacement. They would only slide everyone along. Fox, Webster and Eva would replace them.

I think they know themselves how bad it all would look interviewing an 'outsider' with the candidate on one side and the most unqualified in footballing terms people interviewing them. 

From what I have heard even Anderson would be part of the interviewers. So you would have the fat weegie farting champ, Tattie Heid, Budge and Anderson on the case. **** me. 

It is like going to interview for a job as a food critic and getting interviewed by someone suffering from Anorexia Nervosa.

If Naismith was sacked and Eva was appointed I'd like you to live stream your reaction. 

I'd even pay for it.

What is telling was the response from Martindale last night when asked if he thought Livingston would stay up. He said that from 3rd down it would be tight. That to me shows how badly Hearts are doing just now. If a manager of a glorified pub team reckons they are competing with Hearts then something has gone wrong. The team are underperforming and only a change in manager and direction will solve this. The Board can't afford to waste time as we could be looking at a repeat of the Levein saga.

Edited by Class of 75

21 minutes ago, leginten said:

Indeed, and it is disturbing that so many people appear to be in complete denial about this. A list of the fiascos perpetrated by the various boards since we emerged from administration with regard to what they refer to as the “football department” would not make for pretty reading. Naive, bumbling, dilatory, downright incompetent.

And the particular instance to which you refer above was an absolute beauty. Again, the sages and denialists on here were insistent that it was of no significance whatsoever. Nothing to see here.

This. I really don’t see how we move forward on the pitch with the current board in charge.

Don't expect to beat rangers in either game. But unless there is a huge improvement in our play and beat livi  then yes changes are needed. I wanted naismith on the back of improved performances at the end of last season but we have reverted to the levein  neilson manual. Whatever budges input is now its obvious from.the posters on here that opinions of her are divided.  Not a good basis going forward

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, leginten said:

Yet most of the decisions were backed by the majority of the fans, at least on here.

Season ticket sales and demand are the highest, maybe ever.

We've had 3rd and 4th placed finishes last 2 seasons, a further top 4 finish would be our most consistent league finishes in 50  years, yes 50 years.

We've also been in European football 2 seasons running for the first time iirc since cl's first spell ( 20 years).

2 recent cup finals and a lc sf coming up.

Ofc, there have been poor decisions. 

Letting Bob go the first time and Appointing cathro.

Replacing cl with Stendel, we actually went from 11th to 12th.

However, Many of the most vocal on here championed the above changes.

Sacking Bob last season and replacing him with Naismith,  it has not started well, however  most of the biggest man babies on here wanted Bob gone from the start and celebrated the change.

If you reflect on our most successful periods recently there is one common factor.

I'll let you and others conclude what that is.

Maybe the boards biggest weakness is caving into relentless fan pressure and not backing the guy enough that was bringing us  our successful periods.

It couldn't be that simple?

Edited by Bazzas right boot

loveofthegame

I'd give him until after the semi final. I know some will say why wait and potentially miss an opportunity, but realistically  there is no way he is going before then.

If we lose to a very average Rangers side twice poorly in a week and fail to beat Livi in-between, he is done.

Should never have been given the job in the first place, but a pretty conclusive poll. 

No point in changing things before a semi final and if he gets us into the final he's probably safe until at least then. Expecting nothing from the two Rangers games and for the Livi game will be the decider personally. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Geoff Kilpatrick

Give them to the semi then they can get punted along with Savage, shock result notwithstanding.

9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yet most of the decisions were backed by the majority of the fans, at least on here.

We've had 3rd and 4th placed finishes last 2 seasons, a further top 4 finish would be our most consistent league finishes in 50  years, yes 50 years.

We've also been in European football 2 seasons running for the first time iirc since cl's first spell ( 20 years).

Sacking Bob last season and replacing him with Naismith,  it has not started well, however  most of the biggest man babies on here wanted Bob gone from the start and celebrated the change.

If you reflect on our most successful periods recently there is one common factor.

Maybe the boards biggest weakness is caving into relentless fan pressure and not backing the guy enough that was bringing us  our successful periods.

Not strictly true, Tosh. Between 95’ and 98’ we had two 4ths and a 3rd.

I don’t want him sacked, but we need to see an improvement in results/performances. 
Like all Hearts managers, I’m desperate for him to do well. 
Most of us knew it was too early for him to be given the job, but as usual our optimism won out! I don’t blame him for taking the job, but he’ll know he’s struggling. 
If I was a board member I’d be giving him until about Christmas to sort it out. 

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

Not strictly true, Tosh. Between 95’ and 98’ we had two 4ths and a 3rd.

Joint most successful, if we were 3rd then it would be out on it's own.

Point still stands.

Get the bald Ian cathro our now!! He's utterly clueless! and the other two baldies can follow.

Like others have said though, the board are clueless and need to get someone who has a bit of footballing nouse outside of the football club to appoint the next manager, a bit like what Rangers did with their new guy, they asked Graeme souness to pick him, our board need to follow suit.

Gillsland jack
2 minutes ago, Mister Dee said:

I don’t want him sacked, but we need to see an improvement in results/performances. 
Like all Hearts managers, I’m desperate for him to do well. 
Most of us knew it was too early for him to be given the job, but as usual our optimism won out! I don’t blame him for taking the job, but he’ll know he’s struggling. 
If I was a board member I’d be giving him until about Christmas to sort it out. 

Or he could give the board a list of players that HE HIMSELF has identified, through his contacts, that he wants to sign in the January window, then when things are not right on the park, it's more down to him than it is at the moment, like I said on another thread, he is being hung out to dry, being expected to get a performance out of 75% of the squad he inherited.

I'd hope they are frantically trying to offer support to him from upstairs, because just changing the manager is not fixing this.

None of the three should be in the first team dugout. However, I have zero confidence in our board finding a replacement management team that is up to standard.

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Joint most successful, if we were 3rd then it would be out on it's own.

Point still stands.

Point doesn’t stand, Tosh.

No ifs and buts. We weren’t 3rd and we are currently, not guaranteed, 4th this season.

18 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Instead of depositing the same million tons of shite on this forum every week, maybe you could pause for reflection about your Neilson obsession and ask yourself exactly why it is that no set of fans in the main has ever been sorry to see your saviour go.

There’s a very simple reason. He starts well but runs out of road. Completely. The tide goes out on him. Last season he lost the dressing room in a quite astonishing fashion and the club ended up losing many millions in European income this season.

He wasn’t “let go” by Hearts in 2016. Like Levein before him, he walked out on the club mid-season. For the bright lights of *checks notes* Milton Keynes. Where he failed abjectly.

And here you are again. Another morning, another post lashing out at people who agreed with the club that he had to go in April. There was no alternative. The players had chucked it. Neilson had already chucked it even before the disastrous run began by sticking two fingers up at the players, the fans and the board with his selection against Rangers. He was gone.

But with your sheer, rank, raging hypocrisy you’re still in denial that you also said you wanted him gone. Pathetic.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Boab said:

Point doesn’t stand, Tosh.

No ifs and buts. We weren’t 3rd and we are currently, not guaranteed, 4th this season.

Ofc we're not but were are in with a chance of our best consecutive league finishes in 50 years and we did finish 4th and 3rd last two seasons. 

Point does stand, doesn't fit in with the unfit and being shite for years narrative that is being trotted out.

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, leginten said:

Instead of depositing the same million tons of shite on this forum every week, maybe you could pause for reflection about your Neilson obsession and ask yourself exactly why it is that no set of fans in the main has ever been sorry to see your saviour go.

There’s a very simple reason. He starts well but runs out of road. Completely. The tide goes out on him. Last season he lost the dressing room in a quite astonishing fashion and the club ended up losing many millions in European income this season.

He wasn’t “let go” by Hearts in 2016. Like Levein before him, he walked out on the club mid-season. For the bright lights of *checks notes* Milton Keynes. Where he failed abjectly.

And here you are again. Another morning, another post lashing out at people who agreed with the club that he had to go in April. There was no alternative. The players had chucked it. Neilson had already chucked it even before the disastrous run began by sticking two fingers up at the players, the fans and the board with his selection against Rangers. He was gone.

But with your sheer, rank, raging hypocrisy you’re still in denial that you also said you wanted him gone. Pathetic.

If you missed every point I made by any more you'd be in a different thread.

That is why things get repeated, posters- like you miss almost every fact or point  that doesn't fit their narrative. 

In a discussion about board mismanagement ( for years) on the football side, I simply point out facts that contradict that narrative and call it out as  untrue and ask if it's a coincidence that our successful periods were under a manager that many hounded for months or years?

You ignore all that and post a passive aggressive post,ironically mostly about Bob.

You carry on with narrative about the bumbling board, being down right incompetent and fiascos while completely ignoring our last two league finishes of  4th and 3rd.

Not to mention our promotion over Rangers and hibs  then straight to 3rd earlier on.

It suits your ilk to ignore any positives, as to acknowledge them it also requires acknowledgement of the man who delivered them and for many that means holding up a mirror.

It's easier, lazier and more convenient to trot out your lines and ignore the positives of the board, it lets you and others   ignore who delivered them and continue greetin about the board, even although many agitated for these changes for months, if not years.

You got one thing corect tho, It is pathetic. 

26 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Ofc we're not but were are in with a chance of our best consecutive league finishes in 50 years and we did finish 4th and 3rd last two seasons. 

Point does stand, doesn't fit in with the unfit and being shite for years narrative that is being trotted out.

In with a chance is better. It is conceivable that we could have our best 3 consecutive finishes in 25 years, if we finish 4th.

That’s the damn facts out of the way !

If, like me, you watched us regularly from 95’ to 98’, you’ll know that the similarities end there. We had a cracking team then, won a Cup and played infinitely better football than we do now. If it wasn’t for a really good Rangers team, probably their best ever, we would have done even better. 
We did get turned over on occasion but there was nothing like the malaise that seems to be around the place these last few years. 
I liked Robbie but agree with the poster above that he seemed to hit a dead end after a period of time.

Edited by Boab

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, leginten said:

Brilliant post 👍🏽👏🏾

The Real Maroonblood
33 minutes ago, leginten said:

You’ve probably just forced the poster into a suicidal state.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
37 minutes ago, leginten said:

Bang on.

Tosh in the mud, yet again

:jjyay:

2 hours ago, underwaterwoodwelder said:

Not yet need to raise there game against teams that raise there game against us.

Sort out our midfield please 

Easier said than done with the players we have.

On paper players like Grant and Beningime are good players but they are just not showing it.

That may well be down to the way they are being managed and if it is then we need to change things now before we find ourselves near the bottom of the league.

We are unlikley to get anything on Saturday and then we have a pressure game at home next week to Livi and we all know how we do under pressure.

2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

.... an 'outsider' with the candidate on one side and the most unqualified in footballing terms people interviewing them. 

from who exactly?

this JKB myth has been debunked. 

I actually don't think he should be sacked after Sunday (still 4th in league and semi final) but I think it is inevitable and would like it done sooner rather than later. 

15 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That is why things get repeated, posters- like you miss almost every fact or point  that doesn't fit their narrative. 

In a discussion about board mismanagement ( for years) on the football side, I simply point out facts that contradict that narrative and call it out as  untrue and ask if it's a coincidence that our successful periods were under a manager that many hounded for months or years?

You ignore all that and post a passive aggressive post,ironically mostly about Bob.

You carry on with narrative about the bumbling board, being down right incompetent and fiascos while completely ignoring our last two league finishes of  4th and 3rd.

Not to mention our promotion over Rangers and hibs  then straight to 3rd earlier on.

It suits your ilk to ignore any positives, as to acknowledge them it also requires acknowledgement of the man who delivered them and for many that means holding up a mirror.

It's easier, lazier and more convenient to trot out your lines and ignore the positives of the board, it lets you and others   ignore who delivered them and continue greetin about the board, even although many agitated for these changes for months, if not years.

Did you say you wanted Neilson gone if he had lost the dressing room back in April?

A simple yes or no would be fine.

Sinbad the Sailor
13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

I agree with a lot of this post. A bit of balance and realism needed instead of pant wetting after Smelltic beat us. A further point to add to Bazza's (and it is major) both Robbie and Naisy have had to deal with massive injury lists that everyone seems to ignore.

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Boab said:

In with a chance is better. It is conceivable that we could have our best 3 consecutive finishes in 25 years, if we finish 4th.

That’s the damn facts out of the way !

If, like me, you watched us regularly from 95’ to 98’, you’ll know that the similarities end there. We had a cracking team then, won a Cup and played infinitely better football then we do now. If it wasn’t for a really good Rangers team, probably their best ever, we would have done even better. 
We did get turned over on occasion but there was nothing like the malaise that seems to be around the place these last few years. 
I liked Robbie but agree with the poster above that he seemed to hit a dead end after a period of time.

Up until the end of last season there were similarities imo.

With jj we got  hammered 5-1, beat 4-3 then won the cup.

We had two finals. 3-3 pk defeat, then a aet defeat...maybe this seasons lc is 3rd time lucky.

The malaise imo is partly caused by a group of agitators always looking to criticise , this is over  2 or 3 years. It imo has created a divide and  toxic environment where a certain group are looking for failure and reasons to sack folk, reasons in Bobs case ranged from handing hibs the cup, boring football through to more legitimate concerns about the poor run.

It's also not 98, the OF amass far more points now so the next level that jj almost achieve is further  away.

This is another issue, when we were doing well folk wanted Bob sacked for not closing the gap or taking us to the next level ( long term agitators).

We hit a poor spell, but as always when sacking a manager, the important question is can we do better or do we back the guy ? Unfortunately the agitators over the years had created an environment where this was almost impossible.

Without knowing the politics behind the scenes, it was clear something had to change and the manager is usually the one to take the hit, this pleased many a fan on here, but like after Brora,  the board should maybe have be more resilient and longer term and been braver in the face of fan pressure,  that is maybe their biggest mistake this time.

Things may ofc turn round or we may bottom.

But, unlike many I am simply challenging folk on the failures of the board by pointing out success, which many simply seem to have forgotten- completely.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

40 minutes ago, leginten said:

Who was it that went rushing to get his services back at the club? None other than Ann Budge. You missed that bit out of your analysis, conveniently.

I am no Robbie lover and thought that it was time for him to go but we are falling into exactly the same trap all over again if we don't act quickly before our season is dead and buried.

It tales years to build up a club and improve the fan base etc but it can be destroyed in a very short period of time and the Board need to be aware of that but I really doubt that they do.

There are not enough people on the board that know enough about football.

Unlike a lot of areas in business you can't just run a football club with business skills as we have seen throughout the reign of AB.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Easier said than done with the players we have.

On paper players like Grant and Beningime are good players but they are just not showing it.

That may well be down to the way they are being managed and if it is then we need to change things now before we find ourselves near the bottom of the league.

We are unlikley to get anything on Saturday and then we have a pressure game at home next week to Livi and we all know how we do under pressure.

We are very very unlikely to get anything on Saturday  😉

People were saying Beningame would be like a new player, that he would completely change the dynamic of the side. He's had a terrible 3 months and it's looking less and less likely he will get back to what we need him too, that's the reality. The same people are now saying Halkett will be like a new player.......

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Who was it that went rushing to get his services back at the club? None other than Ann Budge. You missed that bit out of your analysis, conveniently.

I am no Robbie lover and thought that it was time for him to go but we are falling into exactly the same trap all over again if we don't act quickly before our season is dead and buried.

It tales years to build up a club and improve the fan base etc but it can be destroyed in a very short period of time and the Board need to be aware of that but I really doubt that they do.

There are not enough people on the board that know enough about football.

Unlike a lot of areas in business you can't just run a football club with business skills as we have seen throughout the reign of AB.

I’m not at all sure what the relevance is. Maybe you can enlighten me. It was entirely predictable that Budge would bring Neilson back, even if technically he wasn’t “just along the corridor” when she rehired him.

• davemclaren locked this topic