Unreasonable

kingantti1874

kingantti1874

The great Stephen Robinson currently losing to a poor poor manager less rangers.  He must personally take blame for red card 

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Pasquale for King

• HopeDiouf

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

The great Stephen Robinson currently losing to a poor poor manager less rangers.  He must personally take blame for red card 

That the guy that lost to Hibs 4-2 imagine the meltdown on here at that result 

Great OP. Folk are driving themselves mental these days getting wound up about absolutely everything, no sure if it's social media or if we were always like this but literally everyone on every side of every argument just wants a fight all the time. 

That was a shite result and the defending shouldn't be let off the hook, we should have high standards. But that's football, we've seen much worse results and the main takeaway for me was the fact that despite all the talk going in we were miles ahead of Hibs yesterday - by far the better team. We're all absolutely sick of hearing about injuries and all that, bad luck or something else - whatever, but with anything approaching a full strength team we're looking at 3 or 4 nil yesterday. Lots of room for improvement and no room for sentiment where players keep making the same mistakes, but season is young and there are lots of reasons to be optimistic. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

That the guy that lost to Hibs 4-2 imagine the meltdown on here at that result 

lol. Maybe we should go for Derek McInness.  Oh wait. Schooled at home on plastic pitch by naisy and our crippled squad.  Who’s next.  Kettlewell is having a short purple patch following his dismissal across county maybe we should go for him. 

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We've reached the naismith is great because Motherwell are losing to rangers stage of the argument....

Just now, The Hogfather said:

"I'm more emotionally mature and clever because I support the manager."

Do me a ****ing favour.

Indeed.

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

lol. Maybe we should go for Derek McInness.  Oh wait. Schooled at home on plastic pitch by naisy and our crippled squad.  Who’s next.  Kettlewell is having a short purple patch following his dismissal across county maybe we should go for him. 

A Kilmarnock side that have won 2 games all season and haven't won a league game since the opening day? That's the yardstick?

:laugh: 

kingantti1874
Just now, HopeDiouf said:

We've reached the naismith is great because Motherwell are losing to rangers stage of the argument....

stmirren and no one said that to the best of my knowledge 

Bazzas right boot

Not sure that saying we played well yesterday but the subs were poor is unreasonable tbh.

Shunting the an entire defence across 1 place to accommodate a young loanee when you have an experienced lb on the bench is a baffling decision. 

We were also playing well and looked solid.

Taking off Lowry at 60 minutes and replacing him with a more defensive player who lacks match fitness in a hectic rain soaked derby is also questionable.

It's not unreasonable to have questions about that.

We've also won just one home league game this season and have two games v the OF coming up, we could be 6-9 points of 3rd place with one home win after a round of fixtures- that is poor.

However, when we were 3rd/4th, the talk of the next level and such was a bit wild and the reaction to every dropped point was borderline crazy.

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

This'll be the same Rangers we haven't beaten in what? 3 years?

But we won away at the team who needed penalties to avoid relegation last season :laugh: 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

A Kilmarnock side that have won 2 games all season and haven't won a league game since the opening day? That's the yardstick?

:laugh: 

No shortage of posters on here who only weeks ago were suggesting that very thing.

Same posters who’ve been all over this place with reactive nonsense since yesterday.

I don’t think you intended to but I think you supported my point in that their credibility is shot to pieces 

Gillsland jack
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

When was it exactly we became so unreasonable as a support? 

Yesterday. With the benefit of hindsight naisy got the subs and adjustments wrong. . But looking at it on face value there was a lot of logic behind the subs and the adjustments he made based on the players available to  him right now.  If we had a fit or match fit Oda, Mackay, Tagawa , Cochrane, Natty, Halkett those aren’t the changes he’d have made are they?

He isn’t the first manager to make a mistake with subs, and he certainly won’t be the last.  Imagine this forum had existed in 01-01-1998.  JJ would never have made the cup final it seems based on the views of some on here.  

There is also something very disingenuous with posts completely omitting the fact that he got the starting line up very very very right. We absolutely bossed the game until 2 individual errors, and even with the setback we were still the better side.  Looking at it in a balanced way it was as good a derby performance as we’ve had for years 20+ efforts at goal in a fixture which is usually turgid.  Highlight the positives where it’s due for god sake.  If Toby hadn’t had a brain fart then we’d be waxing lyrical about yesterday..

Undoubtedly it was a massive kick in the baws.  I hardly slept a wink ffs - absolute nightmare but surely we have to take the positives. 

We were very good yesterday, we’ve been on a decent run and have won as many away games this season as we did in the whole of last season, we’ve don’t this whilst missing a full first 11. Has it been good enough overall ? Absolutely not but I have seen improvement since McEvoy moved aside (that was a farce ) and I don’t see any reasons why we won’t continue to see improvement .  

If Naisy keeps making tactical errors over the next 5/6 then I will be all over it but it was only days ago he was being praised for tactical changes and subs against Killie and Ross county, so no pattern there yet is there.

I agree, folk need to take a chill pill, I have booked my travel for the semi-final, I believe we can win, I think the manager will send the team out to have a go, I love that about Naismith, you kinda don't know whats going to happen next.

Admittedly, yesterday turned into a bit of a cluster ....but if there is a positive to come out of it , then it could be the realisation , Finally, that Toby is not and never will be a centre half, he is a very good defensive midfielder and he offers something at RB maybe even RWB, also Beni was unlucky but he is not ready yet, that was a bad injury, he may take a while to get back to the player we know he can be.

We never lost yesterday and we might have, we are all disappointed at the draw, however the manager would have learned a helluva lot and that will hold him in good stead for the remainder of the season.

Now if you can please excuse me, I'm off to indulge in some more happy clapping, whilst getting the wife to help me put my Hertz Pyjama's on.

5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Not sure that saying we played well yesterday but the subs were poor is unreasonable tbh.

Shunting the an entire defence across 1 place to accommodate a young loanee when you have an experienced lb on the bench is a baffling decision. 

We were also playing well and looked solid.

Taking off Lowry at 60 minutes and replacing him with a more defensive player who lacks match fitness in a hectic rain soaked derby is also questionable.

It's not unreasonable to have questions about that.

We've also won just one home league game this season and have two games v the OF coming up, we could be 6-9 points of 3rd place with one home win after a round of fixtures- that is poor.

However, when we were 3rd/4th, the talk of the next level and such was a bit wild and the reaction to every dropped point was borderline crazy.

This is something that has irked me when folk where going on about our away form when statistical our home form is ****ing worse.

As I say though I do see little shoots of things getting better but I'm just as likely to see it wither away as continue to grow imo.

Edited by vegas-voss

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, kingantti1874 said:

Very very true. I wonder if people actually realise they are part of the problem.  

remember when Sibbick form turned around instantly with a bit of support.  Guy is a mess again.

booing hearts at the game is absolutely shite no matter what. 

Unfortunately for Sibbick too many are stubborn minded. They’ve been waiting for months to pipe up to say effectively, “Look, I was right! Get rid!”

For example, yesterday’s blunder can be put down to Sibbick not “booting it out the park”. Well… exactly the same thing can be said about Kent in Paisley.  Exactly the same thing. And that error lead to us losing ground on rivals for 3rd and lost the game. But he has a magic hat. Or something.

I like Kent by the way, he’s a big part of the reason we’ve conceded so few this season. But I hate hypocrisy. And other than 90 seconds, Sibbick played better than Kent yesterday, in fact he helped Kent out when Boyle was tearing him a new one.

56 minutes ago, HopeDiouf said:

We didn't trounce them. We drew 2-2. You are happy to make excuses, but drawing with the hobos at home is not good enough.

Football can be cruel. You dont always get what you deserve. We hit the post, the bar, we got perhaps the worst player possible to lose injured. Two individually poor split seconds made the difference in a game we largely controlled.

Sorry if you think missing, what, 8 of our best players is an excuse rather than a reason.

Point is weve been poor a fair bit this season. Yesterday was not one of those occasions. If people cant separate disappointment with the end result from the actual situation and how the game went then its not Naismiths fault some people are thick.

Look, im not making a case for Naisy doing a brilliant job thus far, but we ARE getting there. St Mirren aside, we've been decent since the last int break. The pissing and moaning is just ridiculous.

Anyway, gona hide from jkb i reckon. International break now, so plenty of time for people to make claims and campaign for their narratives and agendas to become accepted fact.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, HopeDiouf said:

That was the implication

The implication was that posters who suggest Stephen Robinson, whilst as the same time utterly overreacting to yesterday don’t have much credit in the bank .

29 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

This is the new mantra of pish a lot of Hearts fans are spouting. It’s utter bollocks.

Is it? 

Haven't really seen it tbh but if alot of fans are saying it I suppose they are wrong and you must be right.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

This is something that has irked me when folk where going on about our away form when statistical our home form is ****ing worse.

it is.  But last two have been a notable improvement .  Lose to livi and it would be a real real set back

Edited by kingantti1874

The Hogfather

No shortage of posters on here who only weeks ago were suggesting that very thing.

Same posters who’ve been all over this place with reactive nonsense since yesterday.

I don’t think you intended to but I think you supported my point in that their credibility is shot to pieces 

You're talking about reactive nonsense from others and trying to make this into a debate about yesterdays game in isolation. This while completely ignoring the point about 8 wins from 20 games. 1 home league win from Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Hibs. Cowardly performances and defeats against Dundee and St Mirren (with a manager you clearly don't rate). A 30 goal a season striker who now hasn't scored in 8. A defence that is chucking away cheap goals for fun. 

If this was Levein or Neilson then this place would be a bear pit. The buck stops with the manager and playing well for 60 minutes against a poor Hibs side, contriving to chuck away an incredibly comfortable 2-0 lead does not fill me with confidence for the future. Imagine what'll happen when we actually play someone good.

Just now, The Hogfather said:

You're talking about reactive nonsense from others and trying to make this into a debate about yesterdays game in isolation. This while completely ignoring the point about 8 wins from 20 games. 1 home league win from Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Aberdeen and Hibs. Cowardly performances and defeats against Dundee and St Mirren (with a manager you clearly don't rate). A 30 goal a season striker who now hasn't scored in 8. A defence that is chucking away cheap goals for fun. 

If this was Levein or Neilson then this place would be a bear pit. The buck stops with the manager and playing well for 60 minutes against a poor Hibs side, contriving to chuck away an incredibly comfortable 2-0 lead does not fill me with confidence for the future. Imagine what'll happen when we actually play someone good.

It was a bear pit yesterday. 

2 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

You must be new if you think yesterday was bad. 

Long time viewer. Yesterday was bad at FT. 

We've lost games to poor teams playing poorly.

We've made some insane decisions tactically. 

Some line up decisions have been absolutely crazy. Beni starting in Europe the highlight.

Our football has been absolutely eye bleeding to watch. Especially away from home.

Yesterday looked like a huge improvement. The team selection was good. The setup was good. Everything was going well. 2-0 up and hibs not threatening. 

So Naismith and his team decide to change the whole system and almost instantly Hibs get back into the game. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Stevie Wonder could have looked at that game and seen there was no need to switch it up as much as we did. Lowry was burst? Fine, Send on Grant. Kingsley was injured? Fine, Send on Halliday, He's played the position before.

Simple, Like for like Subs. No need to Switch people like Sibbick into other positions. Just keep the structure in place and keep hibs on the back foot.

All season so far all I've seen is a mixture of shite football, shite tactics and shite team selections. 

Then when we finally get it right. We still manage to **** it up. In a derby, while 2-0 up!!!!

No, Sorry, I don't accept mediocrity. This has been way below par and it needs to improve drastically.

Despite not agreeing with the OP on a range of issues concerning the club and indeed his recent defence of some very poor performances and results, I am definitely supportive of his views on yesterday. It's a very fair, sensible and coherent initial post and he deserves backing for it, in my opinion. 

Yesterday was our best performance of the season. Not only that we saw the best performances we've ever seen from several players in maroon and in the same game! There was hugely encouraging efforts from guys like Hoff, Lowry, Forrest and the much maligned Rowles who had a largely outstanding match. These were significant positives however the shine has understandably been taken off those given the end result which saw the vermin leave with an undeserved point. Those of us of a certain vintage have seen the reverse happen many times whereby Hearts have escaped with a barely earned result and that I'm afraid is football. Nothing is coming easy for us at all right now. Those saying Hibs are "honking" may have a point to some degree but only certain areas of their team. There have been far worse Hibs sides than that turn up at Tynie, as they have, whether anyone wants to admit it or not, several talented and threatening attacking players. Youan for example would make us a significantly better team in place of the likes of Vargas given the difference in end product.

Where I probably disagree with the OP is that whilst in isolation the result is not a disaster it's a huge 2pts dropped which may mean things look horrendous in terms of the table in a couple of weeks time, if we fail to get anything, likely on all recent evidence, from the 2 games against Celtic and Rangers. That would leave us on 11pts from 30 which is clearly totally unacceptable. No reasoning about yesterday's result can help that stat and the individual mistakes of Beningame and Sibbick could come back to haunt Naismith by the end of the month. He needs results and the home games v Livingston and St Johnstone are going to be absolute must wins. I was looking at December and the festive periods fixtures, JFC! Killie, Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs and Livingston all away from home. I don't know when he is going to get on a run and put some points on the board but that is going to be necessary for him to get time to show yesterday can become the norm not another false dawn. 

Edited by Luckies1874

Jingle Bells

Financially Its imperative that we get Group Stage European football each season rather than our rivals, otherwise they will be out of sight shortly, yet here we are still relying on a rookie Head Coach, learning his trade, to get third place in the league.

Levein's football blueprint for the Club is now outdated under these new circumstances and a quality Manager needs to be appointed to achieve the above.

It's unprofessional by our Board not to do otherwise.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The implication was that posters who suggest Stephen Robinson, whilst as the same time utterly overreacting to yesterday don’t have much credit in the bank .

Folk that wanted Bob gone when in 4th or even 3rd but defending Naismith to the hilt also don't have much credit in the bank.

1 minute ago, The Hogfather said:

Out of a possible 57 points since Naismith took over, we've won 17. In what world is that acceptable?

But apparently it's all just a "shite mantra".

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

im really not. You should read my earlier posts. I’m trying to be balanced in my opinion rather than simply ignore the positives.  So that we don’t make ridiculous knee jerk decisions. 

i mean. Have you not noticed, that despite our injury cross we have the joint best defensive record in the league.  And it would have been the clear best were it not for 2 individual errors.

i mean. You mention shanks poor form, is he down after not getting a move, is he carrying an injury? (He’s been left out of the Scotland squad for that very reason) . Are you seriously blaming Naismith? Whilst at the same time not recognising the clear improvement in others 

not very reasonable or balanced. Presenting blinkered views to support your arguement

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, 151 said:

But apparently it's all just a "shite mantra".

"We've always been shite, so why bother about it? I'm also more emotionally balanced than you for being concerned about the direction the club's going in"

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Out of a possible 57 points since Naismith took over, we've won 17. In what world is that acceptable?

This is a problem. 

Good chance it will be 17 from 63 after games v the OF.

It's refreshing to see some posters more balanced than they were in regards to Bob, but we have went backwards and could be well adrift of 3rd and closer the bottom after the 1st round of fixtures. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Folk that wanted Bob gone when in 4th or even 3rd but defending Naismith to the hilt also don't have much credit in the bank.

mate if we don’t win in 10 that’s indefensible. I backed Robbie.  He had clearly lost the dressing room.  Different debate.

if naisy goes on that run I won’t be defending anyone

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Unfortunately for Sibbick too many are stubborn minded. They’ve been waiting for months to pipe up to say effectively, “Look, I was right! Get rid!”

For example, yesterday’s blunder can be put down to Sibbick not “booting it out the park”. Well… exactly the same thing can be said about Kent in Paisley.  Exactly the same thing. And that error lead to us losing ground on rivals for 3rd and lost the game. But he has a magic hat. Or something.

I like Kent by the way, he’s a big part of the reason we’ve conceded so few this season. But I hate hypocrisy. And other than 90 seconds, Sibbick played better than Kent yesterday, in fact he helped Kent out when Boyle was tearing him a new one.

The difference with Kent is that awful GK shouted to him to leave the ball, nobody asked Toby to lay the ball off twice to Youan to score. Both should’ve cleared the ball.

Toby has ability and pace, but he isn’t and never will be a CH. 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Jingle Bells said:

Financially Its imperative that we get Group Stage European football each season rather than our rivals, otherwise they will be out of sight shortly, yet here we are still relying on a rookie Head Coach, learning his trade, to get third place in the league.

Levein's football blueprint for the Club is now outdated under these new circumstances and a quality Manager needs to be appointed to achieve the above.

It's unprofessional by our Board not to do otherwise.

Indeed, yet the board or the Chairman anyway, believes rookies are a great idea. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Bauld said:

We've lost games to poor teams playing poorly.

We've made some insane decisions tactically. 

Some line up decisions have been absolutely crazy. Beni starting in Europe the highlight.

Our football has been absolutely eye bleeding to watch. Especially away from home.

Yesterday looked like a huge improvement. The team selection was good. The setup was good. Everything was going well. 2-0 up and hibs not threatening. 

So Naismith and his team decide to change the whole system and almost instantly Hibs get back into the game. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but Stevie Wonder could have looked at that game and seen there was no need to switch it up as much as we did. Lowry was burst? Fine, Send on Grant. Kingsley was injured? Fine, Send on Halliday, He's played the position before.

Simple, Like for like Subs. No need to Switch people like Sibbick into other positions. Just keep the structure in place and keep hibs on the back foot.

All season so far all I've seen is a mixture of shite football, shite tactics and shite team selections. 

Then when we finally get it right. We still manage to **** it up. In a derby, while 2-0 up!!!!

No, Sorry, I don't accept mediocrity. This has been way below par and it needs to improve drastically.

Good post

5 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

It's not acceptable and it will likely be 17 from 63 shortly. He needs to get results and he needs to get them quickly. Yesterday saw an improved performance and he'll be very down today that it didn't lead to what would have been a massive result for him. He needs to find a big win, beat Celtic at Tynecastle or win the semi final to buy himself time.  Improvements are not going to be enough without results, which will ultimately dictate his future. 

The Hogfather

im really not. You should read my earlier posts. I’m trying to be balanced in my opinion rather than simply ignore the positives.  So that we don’t make ridiculous knee jerk decisions. 

i mean. Have you not noticed, that despite our injury cross we have the joint best defensive record in the league.  And it would have been the clear best were it not for 2 individual errors.

i mean. You mention shanks poor form, is he down after not getting a move, is he carrying an injury? (He’s been left out of the Scotland squad for that very reason) . Are you seriously blaming Naismith? Whilst at the same time not recognising the clear improvement in others 

not very reasonable or balanced. Presenting blinkered views to support your arguement

17 points out of a possible 57. Try and spin that one away if you can.

Me? Didn't want him to get the job and I'm counting down the days until he's gone.

Bazzas right boot

mate if we don’t win in 10 that’s indefensible. I backed Robbie.  He had clearly lost the dressing room.  Different debate.

if naisy goes on that run I won’t be defending anyone

17 points from 57 is that run.

Not beaten hibs in 3 games, 1 home win this season?

However, we do have injuries and are in a lc semi, we are also close to 3rd despite our general form.

It's not all bad, but as in my post above the subs in yesterday's game were poor.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

When was it exactly we became so unreasonable as a support? 

Yesterday. With the benefit of hindsight naisy got the subs and adjustments wrong. . But looking at it on face value there was a lot of logic behind the subs and the adjustments he made based on the players available to  him right now.  If we had a fit or match fit Oda, Mackay, Tagawa , Cochrane, Natty, Halkett those aren’t the changes he’d have made are they?

He isn’t the first manager to make a mistake with subs, and he certainly won’t be the last.  Imagine this forum had existed in 01-01-1998.  JJ would never have made the cup final it seems based on the views of some on here.  

There is also something very disingenuous with posts completely omitting the fact that he got the starting line up very very very right. We absolutely bossed the game until 2 individual errors, and even with the setback we were still the better side.  Looking at it in a balanced way it was as good a derby performance as we’ve had for years 20+ efforts at goal in a fixture which is usually turgid.  Highlight the positives where it’s due for god sake.  If Toby hadn’t had a brain fart then we’d be waxing lyrical about yesterday..

Undoubtedly it was a massive kick in the baws.  I hardly slept a wink ffs - absolute nightmare but surely we have to take the positives. 

We were very good yesterday, we’ve been on a decent run and have won as many away games this season as we did in the whole of last season, we’ve don’t this whilst missing a full first 11. Has it been good enough overall ? Absolutely not but I have seen improvement since McEvoy moved aside (that was a farce ) and I don’t see any reasons why we won’t continue to see improvement .  

If Naisy keeps making tactical errors over the next 5/6 then I will be all over it but it was only days ago he was being praised for tactical changes and subs against Killie and Ross county, so no pattern there yet is there.

where have you been for 9 years?

We became unreasonable trashing Neilson’s record with us despite what he did for us results wise and (more times than anyone cares to admit) performance wise for much of the time.

This place is infected with numerous guardiola/messi types who think they would be better than anyone to run the club and especially the football team and no doubt qualify for the Champions league too with their astute signings and tactics. Yet they swarm over every thread berating the whole world spreading gloom and doom with no solution other than give them the job. 
Football , as with most sports, is at least 60% mental attitude  but throwing everything and everyone to the wolves
Do they get treated like that at their work by their "totally unfit and unreasonable" managers?
90% don't even contribute £5 a year (that is 1p a day roughly ) to kickback , which would at least allow JKB to support the club financially.
Was I upset, frozen and wet yesterday? Of course I was but having supported Hearts for nigh on 60 years this is by no means the worst it has ever been. Even this thread which started with a reasonable and considered post has fallen victim to the pitchfork and torch approach of the angry villager mob. It is little wonder that many avoid this place after any reverse.
I am almost tempted to suggest that JKB goes down the .nut route and only allow subscribed members to post after a setback.
I await the inevitable reaction to this post claiming HMFC have an inalienable right to win every game at a canter and to have every player doing everything right all the time.
Sheesh back to lurking or more likely ignore all till Wednesday.

I thought we played well yesterday for 62 minutes and credit to Naisy for that.

Our press was good, good in possession, good in defence, the game was won but then he made a mistake with the substitution.

It wasn't so much the sub but the change of shape and our defensive line dropping deeper that followed. On 62 minutes with half an hour of football to be played. That's pretty shite. It's clear that's when the game changed. We lost our link between Shanks and wide areas. We lost our ability to keep Hibs pinned back and press high. It essentially killed our momentum and handed over control to Hibs. 

Hopefully he does privately acknowledge this and he learns from it. There was more good than bad in yesterdays performance and enough to keep a bit faith in Naisy in the short term. 

Big performances v Celtic and Rangers needed for him though. A tanking v either and it should be put to an end and an experienced coach should be appointed. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

This is a problem. 

Good chance it will be 17 from 63 after games v the OF.

It's refreshing to see some posters more balanced than they were in regards to Bob, but we have went backwards and could be well adrift of 3rd and closer the bottom after the 1st round of fixtures. 

Not denying Naismith is under pressure, but I think it is totally different to Neilson. Neilson oversaw various slumps in form but usually managed to turn it around just as the wolves were circling. Until last season when it was clear he wasn’t capable. I know you rate him and overall his record was decent, but I’d be prepared to wager that he will never manage at a higher level than Hearts. I think he is a pretty limited coach. Just my opinion and time will tell.

Personally I was disappointed at Naismiths appointment and his start has been disappointing. But I do see some small signs of improvement. Yesterday was a decent enough performance with so many key players out. If he ends up on the kind of run that saw Neilson sacked then I am sure he will rightly be sacked, but for now I’d rather show some patience.

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

It's not acceptable and it will likely be 17 from 63 shortly. He needs to get results and he needs to get them quickly. Yesterday saw an improved performance and he'll be very down today that it didn't lead to what would have been a massive result for him. He needs to find a big win, beat Celtic at Tynecastle or win the semi final to buy himself time.  Improvements are not going to be enough without results, which will ultimately dictate his future. 

I've zero faith in the board doing the right thing, they never do. As long as we continue to buy season tickets and pledge money, that's all that matters to them.

12 minutes ago, The Hogfather said:

Certainly sounds bad when you put it like that.  Which is incorrectly.

It's 20 out of 45

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

They were missing Cadden and their GK went off, did we manage to make his replacement save a shot?

So they were missing 1 player who may have been involved. We had what 6 players who definitely would've been involved had they been fit.

We passed up a few good opportunities last 20 mins.

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

17 points from 57 is that run.

Not beaten hibs in 3 games, 1 home win this season?

However, we do have injuries and are in a lc semi, we are also close to 3rd despite our general form.

It's not all bad, but as in my post above the subs in yesterday's game were poor.

Acknowledged.  Poor start without doubt but encouraged by recent upturn .

he clearly has not lost the players 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Kirky Jambo said:

Not denying Naismith is under pressure, but I think it is totally different to Neilson. Neilson oversaw various slumps in form but usually managed to turn it around just as the wolves were circling. Until last season when it was clear he wasn’t capable. I know you rate him and overall his record was decent, but I’d be prepared to wager that he will never manage at a higher level than Hearts. I think he is a pretty limited coach. Just my opinion and time will tell.

Personally I was disappointed at Naismiths appointment and his start has been disappointing. But I do see some small signs of improvement. Yesterday was a decent enough performance with so many key players out. If he ends up on the kind of run that saw Neilson sacked then I am sure he will rightly be sacked, but for now I’d rather show some patience.

Agreed.

31 minutes ago, Gillsland jack said:

I agree, folk need to take a chill pill, I have booked my travel for the semi-final, I believe we can win, I think the manager will send the team out to have a go, I love that about Naismith, you kinda don't know whats going to happen next.

Admittedly, yesterday turned into a bit of a cluster ....but if there is a positive to come out of it , then it could be the realisation , Finally, that Toby is not and never will be a centre half, he is a very good defensive midfielder and he offers something at RB maybe even RWB, also Beni was unlucky but he is not ready yet, that was a bad injury, he may take a while to get back to the player we know he can be.

We never lost yesterday and we might have, we are all disappointed at the draw, however the manager would have learned a helluva lot and that will hold him in good stead for the remainder of the season.

Now if you can please excuse me, I'm off to indulge in some more happy clapping, whilst getting the wife to help me put my Hertz Pyjama's on.

The myth that Sibbick is a decent DM comes from what exactly? Every time he’s played there he looks like a defender out of position that hasn’t a clue what he’s doing.