Unreasonable

kingantti1874

kingantti1874

When was it exactly we became so unreasonable as a support? 

Yesterday. With the benefit of hindsight naisy got the subs and adjustments wrong. . But looking at it on face value there was a lot of logic behind the subs and the adjustments he made based on the players available to  him right now.  If we had a fit or match fit Oda, Mackay, Tagawa , Cochrane, Natty, Halkett those aren’t the changes he’d have made are they?

He isn’t the first manager to make a mistake with subs, and he certainly won’t be the last.  Imagine this forum had existed in 01-01-1998.  JJ would never have made the cup final it seems based on the views of some on here.  

There is also something very disingenuous with posts completely omitting the fact that he got the starting line up very very very right. We absolutely bossed the game until 2 individual errors, and even with the setback we were still the better side.  Looking at it in a balanced way it was as good a derby performance as we’ve had for years 20+ efforts at goal in a fixture which is usually turgid.  Highlight the positives where it’s due for god sake.  If Toby hadn’t had a brain fart then we’d be waxing lyrical about yesterday..

Undoubtedly it was a massive kick in the baws.  I hardly slept a wink ffs - absolute nightmare but surely we have to take the positives. 

We were very good yesterday, we’ve been on a decent run and have won as many away games this season as we did in the whole of last season, we’ve don’t this whilst missing a full first 11. Has it been good enough overall ? Absolutely not but I have seen improvement since McEvoy moved aside (that was a farce ) and I don’t see any reasons why we won’t continue to see improvement .  

If Naisy keeps making tactical errors over the next 5/6 then I will be all over it but it was only days ago he was being praised for tactical changes and subs against Killie and Ross county, so no pattern there yet is there.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingantti1874

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Pasquale for King

• HopeDiouf

I don’t know if social media is to blame, but everytime we fail to win a game now, folk demand that heads roll. It’s ridiculous tbh. 

Leveins Battalion

Manager chucks away a 2 goal lead at Tynecastle v them,never going to be pretty.

The same scoreline ended Neilson to the point that some fans will never forgive him.

Paulo Sergios football was mostly pish and boring but the fact he handed Hibs their arse time and time again means he will forever be remembered fondly.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yesterday. With the benefit of hindsight naisy got the subs and adjustments wrong. . But looking at it on face value there was a lot of logic behind the subs and the adjustments he made based on the players available to  him right now.  If we had a fit or match fit Oda, Mackay, Tagawa , Cochrane, Natty, Halkett those aren’t the changes he’d have made are they?

He isn’t the first manager to make a mistake with subs, and he certainly won’t be the last.  Imagine this forum had existed in 01-01-1998.  JJ would never have made the cup final it seems based on the views of some on here.  

There is also something very disingenuous with posts completely omitting the fact that he got the starting line up very very very right. We absolutely bossed the game until 2 individual errors, and even with the setback we were still the better side.  Looking at it in a balanced way it was as good a derby performance as we’ve had for years 20+ efforts at goal in a fixture which is usually turgid.  Highlight the positives where it’s due for god sake.  If Toby hadn’t had a brain fart then we’d be waxing lyrical about yesterday..

Undoubtedly it was a massive kick in the baws.  I hardly slept a wink ffs - absolute nightmare but surely we have to take the positives. 

We were very good yesterday, we’ve been on a decent run and have won as many away games this season as we did in the whole of last season, we’ve don’t this whilst missing a full first 11. Has it been good enough overall ? Absolutely not but I have seen improvement since McEvoy moved aside (that was a farce ) and I don’t see any reasons why we won’t continue to see improvement .  

If Naisy keeps making tactical errors over the next 5/6 then I will be all over it but it was only days ago he was being praised for tactical changes and subs against Killie and Ross county, so no pattern there yet is there.

Very good post. 

Some folk too busy defending the corners they’ve painted themselves into.

Leveins Battalion
Just now, stotty said:

I don’t know if social media is to blame, but everytime we fail to win a game now, folk demand that heads roll. It’s ridiculous tbh. 

Not too sure about a 1 off game but I think fans are getting peeved we have not won any silverware for 11 years.

The fans are not daft,everybody could see the writing on the wall in Levein and Neilsons time and the warning signs are there again for me.

2 minutes ago, stotty said:

Totally agree with this. Too high when we win and too high when we don't. The booing at full-time as well was a nonsense. We were brilliant in that 1st half. 2nd half was a bit more even but we still had great chances. Like everyone I'm disappointed but we've got more than half a team of starters injured ffs

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Manager chucks away a 2 goal lead at Tynecastle v them,never going to be pretty.

The same scoreline ended Neilson to the point that some fans will never forgive him.

Paulo Sergios football was mostly pish and boring but the fact he handed Hibs their arse time and time again means he will forever be remembered fondly.

Exactly ! We've not even played the old firm yet but lost against St mirren , Dundee, motherwell and dropped points against kilmarnock and a honking hibs team yesterday but some accept mediocrity 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Gordon_1874 said:

Totally agree with this. Too high when we win and too high when we don't. The booing at full-time as well was a nonsense. We were brilliant in that 1st half. 2nd half was a bit more even but we still had great chances. Like everyone I'm disappointed but we've got more than half a team of starters injured ffs

Injuries just a crap excuse , every team has injuries but we have larger squad than most outside old firm

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Exactly ! We've not even played the old firm yet but lost against St mirren , Dundee, motherwell and dropped points against kilmarnock and a honking hibs team yesterday but some accept mediocrity 

We drew at Ibrox and totally matched Celtic last season under Naismith until we went down to 10 men.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, Gordon_1874 said:

We drew at Ibrox and totally matched Celtic last season under Naismith until we went down to 10 men.

Yeah we did but that was when they virtually had nothing to play for ! Let's see how next few weeks go against them

It's one of those things if we hadn't have lost those two shitty goals he would have been praised to the hilt and the subs wouldn't even have had a mention.Fine margins 

Injuries just a crap excuse , every team has injuries but we have larger squad than most outside old firm

Is it ? Gordon, Halkett, Atkinson, Cochrane, McKay, Oda.

Highly likely they all start yesterday if match fit.

First choice full backs on either side and first choice wingers on either side.

Best goalkeeper and arguably best centre back

I'd say that's pretty important.

8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

That's a question I honestly can't answer with a definite, exact point in time but I'm going to hazard a guess with not long after the Scottish Cup and Championships wins of 2012 and 2015. 

I find it truly despairing and frustrating to listen and read Hearts fans moaning and being all negative with their self righteous, high demanding points when it comes to more often than not critical digs at the board room, management team and players on the park, I've said it once I'll say it again, look at the reality of it all and If your still not happy then hang up your scarf and go and do something else on matchday.

PS great post Kingantti1874

11 minutes ago, stotty said:

Very much so, social media gives the minority a platform to shout the loudest. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Would other teams be 4th right now with 11 first teamers missing?  

At some point poorer players make a difference.  Just disingenuous to suggest it doesn’t.  You know it does.

7 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Here you go again... " honking Hibs team" , 

Take the blinkers off. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, Gordon_1874 said:

Is it ? Gordon, Halkett, Atkinson, Cochrane, McKay, Oda.

Highly likely they all start yesterday if match fit.

First choice full backs on either side and first choice wingers on either side.

Best goalkeeper and arguably best centre back

I'd say that's pretty important.

It is just an excuse for me ! As I say every team gets injuries but don't have same size of squad or resources as us , bottom line is we blew it yesterday against a honking hibs team 

We_are_the_Hearts
11 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

How did the manager chuck it away ya weapon 😂 it was brain farts by Beni then Sibbick. We played well nowt the manager can do about individual mistakes. Think some of our fans just walk about with dummies in their mouth. Clueless

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, dannymack said:

Here you go again... " honking Hibs team" , 

Take the blinkers off. 

That is a honking hibs team , they are garbage 

15 minutes ago, stotty said:

100%

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Yeah we did but that was when they virtually had nothing to play for ! Let's see how next few weeks go against them

they had nothing to play for other than trying to seal the league you mean

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

At some point poorer players make a difference.  Just disingenuous to suggest it doesn’t.  You know it does.

It’s going to make a huge difference when these players come back and are up to speed.

Very good OP by the way.👍

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It is just an excuse for me ! As I say every team gets injuries but don't have same size of squad or resources as us , bottom line is we blew it yesterday against a honking hibs team 

Put yer toys back in the pram. 

We_are_the_Hearts
16 minutes ago, stotty said:

It is, gives arseholes a voice that would get a slap in the pub. 

19 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Well said 👏. The reaction to yesterday's result has been absolutely ridiculous. In the cold light of day, we were the best team by a mile and Naisy got it spot on (sub aside, isn't hindsight wonderful?). Two lapses cost us, it happens. 

Spin it around. Imagine hibs were missing Boyle, Youan, their best CB LB RB GK etc.

That was hibs best eleven yesterday and they scraped a point because we gifted it to them. We're all annoyed but we don't have the finances where there isn't a difference with starters and squad players unfortunately.

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

There is a difference between accepting mediocrity and not demanding mass change every 5 minutes.

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

4th right now having not played old firm yet having been given a brilliant chance with the run of fixtures we got to start the season but lost against St mirren , Dundee,  motherwell and dropped points against kilmarnock and a honking hibs team

What is annoying is the Hibs ***** thinks they probably should have won.Did he completely miss the fact we hit the woodwork twice

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

they had nothing to play for other than trying to seal the league you mean

League was in the bag behave

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Mate, you come across like a spoilt brat. Give your head a wobble.

Nothing logical about putting Beni on for Lowry. Last 10 minutes then it’s fair enough but with half an hour to go it has to be like for like - e.g Boycie or Grant. 

Anyone who understands football knows that. 

Hibs were beaten but we gave them a route back into it by changing the system unnecessarily.

Sibbick with 2 mistakes to cost us of course (substitute Beni also with a mistake for their first).

Sibbick shouldn’t have went to centre back though which is another mistake from the management. Again, anyone with some sort of understanding can see Sibbick is uncomfortable there. Either have Offiah and Sibbick swapped or bring Halliday on for Kingsley like for like. 

If punters in the stands can see that and the manager can’t, then it’s clearly a worry.

8 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Not too sure about a 1 off game but I think fans are getting peeved we have not won any silverware for 11 years.

The fans are not daft,everybody could see the writing on the wall in Levein and Neilsons time and the warning signs are there again for me.

The majority of fans on here wanted Naismith to get the job, now I would say most want him gone - that is far too soon to be sacking any manager. Even great Hearts managers like Alex MacDonald and Jim Jefferies needed time. Hearts were garbage initially under JJ, these days the board would be under pressure to sack him. 

Although I don’t agree with every word it’s a great OP. We are improving but until results are on the board Naisy is going to keep receiving heavy criticism. 

24 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Way way to sensible a post for some of the over reacting on here.

3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

4th right now having not played old firm yet having been given a brilliant chance with the run of fixtures we got to start the season but lost against St mirren , Dundee,  motherwell and dropped points against kilmarnock and a honking hibs team

Every Hibs team is honking by definition but the current team is by no means their worst, even if their attack relies solely on pace. We were excellent for long periods yesterday and although I think Naismith got the subs wrong yesterday, he has made game winning subs in recent games. Nobody gets every sub right.

1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

Nothing logical about putting Beni on for Lowry. Last 10 minutes then it’s fair enough but with half an hour to go it has to be like for like - e.g Boycie or Grant. 

Hibs were beaten but we gave them a route back into it by changing the system unnecessarily.

Sibbick with 2 mistakes to cost us of course (substitute Beni also with a mistake for their first).

Sibbick shouldn’t have went to centre back though which is another mistake from the management. Again, anyone with some sort of understanding can see Sibbick is uncomfortable there. Either have Offiah and Sibbick swapped or bring Halliday on for Kingsley like for like. 

If punters in the stands can see that and the manager can’t, then it’s clearly a worry.

The Halliday chat is horrific. Youan or Boyle would’ve rinsed him for 50mins. Why can’t you get your head around this? 

Selkirkhmfc1874
4 minutes ago, stotty said:

The majority of fans on here wanted Naismith to get the job, now I would say most want him gone - that is far too soon to be sacking any manager. Even great Hearts managers like Alex MacDonald and Jim Jefferies needed time. Hearts were garbage initially under JJ, these days the board would be under pressure to sack him. 

Difference is jj served his apprenticeship and knew what he was doing , it's the board who've put us in this position appointing a project

John Findlay
32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Well said.

The Hogfather
32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

If his tactical approach had been pretty spot on but we were losing games down to sheer bad luck, I doubt anyone would be on his back. As it stands that’s the best we’ve played under him and still not won. 8 wins from 20 games now? 

And let’s not forget his shot at Neilson when he first took over. Making comments about how we deserve to see better, more aggressive football. All well and good until he starts taking off attacking players in favour of defensive midfielders with half an hour to go. Or leaving every man back at corners. I don’t blame him for taking the job, but two wins against a rock bottom Ross County and a dodgy Aberdeen side were hardly enough to guarantee him the job. 

Wins are the key. People are expected to be able to do their job well. Particularly at a professional level of sport.

If Max Verstappen leads 55 laps in the Formula 1 later today but makes a self imposed error and drives into a wall on lap 56 he'll be thinking "well the first 55 laps were good, well done me"?

4 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Difference is jj served his apprenticeship and knew what he was doing , it's the board who've put us in this position appointing a project

These days the chat would be “he’s only managed diddy teams” let’s not kid ourselves. 

August Landmesser

Good OP. Cold light of day and all that. 

Frustrating that we have a(nother) rookie manager, but he is learning quickly, so we'll see where we are come Christmas.

Could do without anymore injuries too.

Bad Religion

A much more entertaining derby than in previous seasons. Liked the way he set up the team and we looked to get forward, create chances and score goals. 

I don’t think we deserved to draw but that’s the way it goes sometimes. Onwards and upwards. 

Edited by Bad Religion

ScottieMac17
29 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

The same excuses were not valid for the last manager 

il Duce McTarkin
16 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

I love it when internet nomarks know better than actual, real-life, professional footballers, coaches, and managers.

JudyJudyJudy
43 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Very good posting